Author Topic: Assassin's Creed 4  (Read 8855 times)

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
Re: Assassin's Creed 4
« Reply #90 on: November 25, 2013, 10:14:14 pm »

I like the sad ones
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #91 on: November 25, 2013, 11:10:33 pm »
+1
This is quite an interesting situation. The normal game is as boring as the first one (didn't play 2 and 3, seems like I haven't missed much).

But the Sea stuff is amazing. The difference between the sea gameplay (interesting fights, tactics, multiple weapons that are very well balanced, actual participation in doing stuff) and the normal fighting (press E to win, button smashing while your char autoruns to victory) are so apart from each other that it's gonna be interesting for the future.

The thing is: ubisoft fucked up. If they would have created a new brand, they'd be the winner now. Now they are in this hilarious situation that they fucked up their main franchise. What are they gonna do next? Another Time period? I can't imagine ever playing another AC that has only the boring lame-ass "run towards target and play minigames on the way" gameplay. So they either find something to top the pirate gameplay, which will be damn hard - or go and make 10 pirate sequels. I can already tell it's #2. Either way they're fucked. Funny  :D

If they would have created a new game, with more replayability, and even more cloned from Pirates!, then they would have had the chance to create a goty. Like this, it's a game that doesn't know what it wants to be - and still manages to be better than all ACs before combined.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 11:17:32 pm by chadz »

Offline Havoco

• Duke
  • Renown: 538
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospookfans
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Havoc
  • IRC nick: Havoco
« Reply #92 on: November 25, 2013, 11:47:01 pm »
Yeah, I've always wanted a pirate era game similar to silent hunter with depth and an open world. Not to mention the immersion I get with the storms. Being able to manage your crew, design a ship with different gun loadouts, have some scale of boarding combat similar to M&B.

And before u say it, I'm not talking about pirates of the burning sea.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 12:53:22 am by Havoco »
Pock gobblers

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #93 on: November 25, 2013, 11:49:41 pm »
+1
I have to say, this is the best AC in a long while though if not the best. I'm spending hours just gliding around the ocean enjoying it. Not doing all those many missions or anything.

I agree they'll have a hard time taking the franchise anywhere else now that they've introduced this though. There's only so many ways to couple sailing, and an interesting time period. Even if they go to ancient times just running around won't cut it any more.

Anyone been to the far north corner yet?  :P

Offline Havoco

• Duke
  • Renown: 538
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospookfans
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Havoc
  • IRC nick: Havoco
« Reply #94 on: November 25, 2013, 11:51:04 pm »
Lol pirate galleys in roman era
Pock gobblers

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #95 on: November 25, 2013, 11:53:06 pm »
Well I'm wondering whether the next step could be towards Napoleonic Europe. Pretty obvious how they could incorporate the sea there  :) Mind you doubt they will go that line.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #96 on: November 25, 2013, 11:57:58 pm »
+2
I love it when the waves are higher and the ship dives done after being on top of it and then the water floods the deck... really awesome. Or those mega waves and the crunching sound of the wood... I've played like 50% now, did a lot of side stuff and I haven't once used the fast travel cuz the sea is so good :D
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 26, 2013, 09:18:18 am »
Next AC will be World War 1 or 2 so expect airplanes instead of ships and jumping out of airplanes.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 26, 2013, 10:36:09 am »
I actually hope so. Making melee something you only do occasionally would make the current melee combat fine.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 26, 2013, 03:20:50 pm »
"The saboteur" was pretty much AC in WW2. Only there was no meleecombat, no secret order and the protagonist was a pissed off irishman.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 27, 2013, 06:28:02 am »
So let me get this straight, it was supposed to be a secret, some sort of a plot twist, that James Kidd is a woman? Wut. Biggest surprise since ever!1111
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Jarold

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 142
  • "Always wear more armor than the guy next to you."
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarold
« Reply #101 on: November 27, 2013, 07:08:53 am »
So let me get this straight, it was supposed to be a secret, some sort of a plot twist, that James Kidd is a woman? Wut. Biggest surprise since ever!1111

Yeah I just did that part too! WTF, did someone actually fall for that shit. It was completely obvious!

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #102 on: November 27, 2013, 08:10:30 am »
It's not like they came up with that though: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Read

But yeah, they really could have hidden that better. I always wondered why that girl has a boys name.

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 27, 2013, 08:16:02 am »
Am I the only one disappointed in the sea combat? I thought they would flesh it out from ac3 considering its no longer a sidequest, but its identical. it could have been way more interesting/tactical than a 1 button quick-time event.

sure it is better than the ground combat, press counter to win, but not by much.

@havoco and yes sailing through a storm is fucking epic, and does make me dream of a m&b style ship game, remember this? http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,199081.0.html

but we're never gona get a game that can make ships look good as ac4 and doesn't have completely shallow game-mechanics. very few games let us have our cake and eat it (gfx+gameplay)

I was like wtf is that supposed to be a boy or a girl? I decided that it was supposed to be an adolescent boy but they decided to get a female to voice him, for some stupid reason. so silly me, I actually didn't predict it, but it wasn't exactly a shock!

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #104 on: November 27, 2013, 10:00:03 am »
It took a while but now I realized that it actually gives quite the advantage to have someone as UPlay "friend" who's playing AC4 too...

...like those White Whale locations, shorter travel time for the fleet. Things like that.

Since I don't wanna invite just random people: My UPlay-nickname is "kamelle".

Invite! :wink:
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.