Author Topic: WPP Sum and Cost Formula Rework(Includes WM)  (Read 49815 times)

Offline Hoppster

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 67
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Billy_Bad_Ass
Re: WPP Sum and Cost Formula Rework(Includes WM)
« Reply #585 on: November 18, 2013, 05:38:36 am »
+1
really looking forward to this patch, anyone metioned a date yet?? days? weeks? so many crappy builds to fix

Offline Vermilion

• Count
  • Renown: 208
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vermilion
  • IRC nick: Vermilion
« Reply #586 on: November 18, 2013, 05:55:37 am »
+2
Should never punish players for something like that.

For making a ridiculous build which is clearly just exploiting a stupidly OP weapon?? It's not like it was one guy running around. People knew what they were doing, they made their bed. Besides it always seemed to be alts/STF so it's not like it would have cost anybody that greatly if it was nurfed without a respec, especially after you consider the amount of gold they will have generated by playing with almost 0 upkeep.

Though tbh I blame you/other devs for including it at it's current stats for so long, not the players. People will always exploit any game mechanic they can to get an advantage. It should have been nurfed hard and fast after seeing it in action. IMO all updates/patches should be given a week or two then reviewed and adjusted as necessary. Then again maybe it's not the roundel daggers fault, maybe it's shields not requiring strength which allowed them to have such stupid yet successful builds. Either way, you're the item balancer and I'll leave it up to you.  :P

Anyway, thanks for keeping us updated with the current plans  :mrgreen:

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #587 on: November 18, 2013, 12:39:21 pm »
+1
yeah i cant wait for the day i dont get two shot buy a guy with no strength no upkeep and moves so fast its hard to hit him before he stabs
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: November 18, 2013, 01:06:26 pm »
From playing on NA my problem with high ping is mostly the packet loss, fucking hell the amount of times a hit goes through the correct block when I can't possibly ascribe that to a mere 120 ms delay. It's just seems to wrongly interpret my input all the time. I think catering the entire game to those rare few that play with a 150 ping is not a smart move. At the current point a slight speed up seems in order if you ask me, often I feel like a duel is more of a patience match than anything else. Whoever goes craziest to hit the other guy first because all else fails loses. Those fucking boring duellers who just simply right swing with a Great Long Bardiche win a lot of their duels for a reason.

Ever wondered why ranged and pikes have gotten nerf after nerf when other weapons seem to have been touched much less? It is because as average blocking skill increases, the relative deadliness of weapons that ignore blocks (ranged) or rely on forcing people to block two directions at once (support polearms) increases. The killing rate of a 2h sword continously reduces because people get better at blocking. Remember those archers that backpedalled and blocked with their shitty hammers until help turned up? The longspear from 2010 was ridiculously good compared to what it is now, yet the weapon is still amazing these days. People used to win 15 vs 1's while now even the best player has trouble with any gank unless he has a shit ton of athlethics.

We are getting too good for this game. The age of heroes is over because the skill gap between the best player and the average player has been reduced immensely because almost anyone can block. This turns the game into a game of numbers. Whoever brings the most teammates or the teammates with the longest weapons wins. Bad teambalance or banner stacking becomes all the more of a problem because of this. Speeding the game up will counter-act these problems as it increases the kill rate of the individual because people will have more trouble blocking.

Reducing the amount of hits required to kill the average Joe instead would also go a long way towards speeding up gameplay, reduce the influence of numbers and, unlike just speeding up everything, would not make the fastest katana builds even more easily spammable than now.

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #589 on: November 18, 2013, 01:34:15 pm »
From playing on NA my problem with high ping is mostly the packet loss, fucking hell the amount of times a hit goes through the correct block when I can't possibly ascribe that to a mere 120 ms delay. It's just seems to wrongly interpret my input all the time. I think catering the entire game to those rare few that play with a 150 ping is not a smart move. At the current point a slight speed up seems in order if you ask me, often I feel like a duel is more of a patience match than anything else. Whoever goes craziest to hit the other guy first because all else fails loses. Those fucking boring duellers who just simply right swing with a Great Long Bardiche win a lot of their duels for a reason.

Ever wondered why ranged and pikes have gotten nerf after nerf when other weapons seem to have been touched much less? It is because as average blocking skill increases, the relative deadliness of weapons that ignore blocks (ranged) or rely on forcing people to block two directions at once (support polearms) increases. The killing rate of a 2h sword continously reduces because people get better at blocking. Remember those archers that backpedalled and blocked with their shitty hammers until help turned up? The longspear from 2010 was ridiculously good compared to what it is now, yet the weapon is still amazing these days. People used to win 15 vs 1's while now even the best player has trouble with any gank unless he has a shit ton of athlethics.

We are getting too good for this game. The age of heroes is over because the skill gap between the best player and the average player has been reduced immensely because almost anyone can block. This turns the game into a game of numbers. Whoever brings the most teammates or the teammates with the longest weapons wins. Bad teambalance or banner stacking becomes all the more of a problem because of this. Speeding the game up will counter-act these problems as it increases the kill rate of the individual because people will have more trouble blocking.

I agree but I have feeling that when age of heroes ends age of bad players
begins, sometimes I am just shocked how that game can reward bad players with easy classes or combinations for some fight situations.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1149
  • Infamy: 1354
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: November 18, 2013, 02:22:20 pm »
+1
Just a completely random and unrelated question, throwing spears in double sided lance mode use polearm wpf or throwing wpf?

Offline Boerenlater

• Marshall
  • Renown: 728
  • Infamy: 204
  • cRPG Player
  • Jebem ti život!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Boerenlater
« Reply #591 on: November 18, 2013, 02:25:59 pm »
+2
Just a completely random and unrelated question, throwing spears in double sided lance mode use polearm wpf or throwing wpf?
Throwing weapons in melee mode always use melee wpf (1h or pole).

Offline UnholyRolyPoly

• Earl
  • Renown: 348
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: November 18, 2013, 03:39:38 pm »
lol what's this talk about catering to high ping players ?!

i'm of the opinion that if you have ping over 70 that's your problem, i don't think that the game should cater to the 5% that have super high ping, rather cater to the majority, and try to give them as fun an experience as possible

Agreed.  I don't see the problem anyways.  I love to play EU1.  It's a challenge.  If you have high ping..... play ranged lol. 

Offline arowaine

• Duke
  • Renown: 614
  • Infamy: 159
    • View Profile
    • http://occitanclan.webs.com/
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Occitan_Arowaine
  • IRC nick: arowaine
« Reply #593 on: November 18, 2013, 05:40:39 pm »
2 years later about time before the game die completly
Desire: pls smite FCC 2.0 T.T

Offline Thranduil

• Earl
  • Renown: 367
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • what? ... What? ... WHAT?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Ward of Mithrim
  • Game nicks: Warden_Thranduil The_Doctor
« Reply #594 on: November 18, 2013, 06:09:47 pm »
It is done!

Offline protox2k

• Earl
  • Renown: 304
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mango
  • Game nicks: Soft_Juicy_Mango
  • IRC nick: Kev
« Reply #595 on: November 18, 2013, 06:14:38 pm »
+1
TOO MUCH WPF

GG to hybrids

Offline protox2k

• Earl
  • Renown: 304
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mango
  • Game nicks: Soft_Juicy_Mango
  • IRC nick: Kev
« Reply #596 on: November 18, 2013, 06:15:53 pm »

Offline Sauce

• Duke
  • Renown: 597
  • Infamy: 83
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Remnants
« Reply #597 on: November 18, 2013, 09:08:37 pm »
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 10:44:51 pm by Sauce »

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #598 on: November 18, 2013, 09:11:07 pm »
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #599 on: November 18, 2013, 09:27:27 pm »
1/10, jimmies rustled, worst patch since upkeep.
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art