Author Topic: 1h stab  (Read 14612 times)

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
Re: 1h stab
« Reply #165 on: October 21, 2013, 08:15:32 pm »
1h stab blocked duration is on par now with polearms. 2h stab even has 50ms on top of that. They all use weapon speed though as a modifier so it won't do anything about rondels.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.

Offline Mala

• Earl
  • Renown: 412
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 21, 2013, 09:01:56 pm »
1h stab blocked duration is on par now with polearms. 2h stab even has 50ms on top of that. They all use weapon speed though as a modifier so it won't do anything about rondels.

well, can you add the effective range of polearm stabs for 1hand then?

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 21, 2013, 09:03:02 pm »
well, can you add the effective range of polearm stabs for 1hand then?

plz
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 21, 2013, 09:14:22 pm »
+1
Nightmare, Mala, ehm, do you really think that 1h stab doesn't need some kind of nerf?

polearms should have maybe, possibly been tweaked to make them a little better

... What? I think I misunderstood you, you're saying that polearms stab should be better?  :shock: We don't play the same game then  :rolleyes:

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #169 on: October 21, 2013, 09:20:46 pm »
Nightmare, Mala, ehm, do you really think that 1h stab doesn't need some kind of nerf?

... What? I think I misunderstood you, you're saying that polearms stab should be better?  :shock: We don't play the same game then  :rolleyes:

Apart from the longer (usually 2 directional) polearms, the stab is pretty sub par (considering that par is now 2h/1h lolstab). Many polearms are spears of some sort, and yet their stab is worse than swords'? A spear should be the best stabbing weapon, since it really only has that one main attack direction. Other than the war spear/red tassel spear and 2 directionals, poelarm stabs are pretty weak... or rather pretty average, where ALL stabs should be. Look at the bec for example... if anyone wants to tell me that stab is OP in any way, go ahead. You would be dead wrong. It's swings are far better in every way. The stab is just there for another viable attack direction. Honestly, why the stab is only 26p while swings are 34p is kinda weird... but whatever. It's got a balanced stab, so hallelujah!

(click to show/hide)

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 21, 2013, 09:26:38 pm »

Well, considering that right swing is still trash that glances all the time, and the fact that shields impose great movement speed penalties, I think not.

It is powerful, But I say that every weapon class has its perks.

about that plz comment, that was meant to be joke.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #171 on: October 21, 2013, 09:40:31 pm »

Polearm stab animation should have more length on them.  1h stab animation was trash before the buff.

At the same time, none of the stabs should be lolstab worthy.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 21, 2013, 09:45:53 pm »
+2
Well, considering that right swing is still trash that glances all the time

Lol, definitely we don't play the same game.

Other than the war spear/red tassel spear and 2 directionals, poelarm stabs are pretty weak... or rather pretty average, where ALL stabs should be.

Elegant poleaxe, german poleaxe, poleaxe: 26, 29, 31 pierce. Weak stab?  :shock: There's only 4 1h swords which have at least 29 pierce dmg, 3 of them have not more than 95 cm and all of them have not more than 29 cut dmg while all poles mentioned above have 39+ cut dmg. POles have weak stab...  :rolleyes: Okay, it's pointless and retarded, not gonna argue about that.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 10:27:37 pm by Falka »

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #173 on: October 21, 2013, 10:12:51 pm »
+1
1h right swing is perfect right now. It's a good strategy against left swing but it can still get caught by a quick overhead (just not as easily as before).

Polearm has at least 10 great stabbing weapons. It's foolish to try to ignore the multitudes of great 2d polearms, too.

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #174 on: October 21, 2013, 11:11:34 pm »
Well, considering that right swing is still trash that glances all the time, and the fact that shields impose great movement speed penalties, I think not.

It is powerful, But I say that every weapon class has its perks.

about that plz comment, that was meant to be joke.
if you are not troll then you have no >fuking< idea what you are talking about

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #175 on: October 21, 2013, 11:19:00 pm »
Elegant poleaxe, german poleaxe, poleaxe: 26, 29, 31 pierce. Weak stab?  :shock: There's only 4 1h swords which have at least 29 pierce dmg, 3 of them have not more than 95 cm and all of them have not more than 29 cut dmg while all poles mentioned above have 39+ cut dmg. POles have weak stab...  :rolleyes: Okay, it's pointless and retarded, not gonna argue about that.

Weak, as in non-OP-super-lolstab. We aren't really talking about damage here, just crap animations. And arguably even if you consider 29 to be absurdly high on such a slow weapon, that is besides the point when its got a normal stab compared to something with 26, 27, or 28p dmg on stab taht can hit every time due to instantaneous stabbing. Higher damage or not, its weaker than 1h.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 22, 2013, 09:59:41 am »
+2
Apart from the longer (usually 2 directional) polearms, the stab is pretty sub par (considering that par is now 2h/1h lolstab). Many polearms are spears of some sort, and yet their stab is worse than swords'? A spear should be the best stabbing weapon, since it really only has that one main attack direction. Other than the war spear/red tassel spear and 2 directionals, poelarm stabs are pretty weak... or rather pretty average, where ALL stabs should be. Look at the bec for example... if anyone wants to tell me that stab is OP in any way, go ahead. You would be dead wrong. It's swings are far better in every way. The stab is just there for another viable attack direction. Honestly, why the stab is only 26p while swings are 34p is kinda weird... but whatever. It's got a balanced stab, so hallelujah!

(click to show/hide)

Are you nuts

I won't mention the waves of sarcasm that flow through my mind right now.

A shield massively increases equipment weight if you prefer :P

You will find out that when combined with +8-10 speed rating

When there is a 8-10 speed rating difference, there's also a 15 swing damage difference. On top of that, the swing speed of high damage weapons is completely meaningless.

, a lighter weight

Which if you are talking about weapons is bad due to blockstun and if you are talking about equipment is simply false because of the weight of the shield. With equal armor, shielders will be slower.

and perhaps a few more athletics

At equal level, shielders will have around 4 to 6 less skill points, I don't see how is that ever going to translate into more athletics.

, 1h can keep its distances vs 2h and polearm.

This is such a retarded thing to say. Most 1h players make their builds precisely to be faster than 2h and polearms because otherwise they are fucked. This is adaptation, not a natural advantage.

As for the hiltslash, as usual, you people seem to completely overlook the left spam. But no worries, I didnt expect you to be fair in your comparaison.

The difference is that left swing spam is either one of two things : left swing hold then spam or just straight spam. It's hard to hit faster than the second attack in the first case because your timing is thrown off but it's also very easy to predict. The second is just spam but a little bit faster. I agree in both cases it's bullshit and should not be possible but we are stuck with Warband's engine.

When you get hiltslashed however, you don't even see a swing being released before the attack connects, just like awlpike facehug stabs.

However I will not say that a 1h user will have the same reach as 2h or polearm. My initial comment was merely pointing out the fact that the wannabe scientist didnt take into account the animations.

Animations do not favor 1h. In your preceding paragraph you reply to my point about animations with things that are not animations.

-The thing most people don't know about kicks is that it is as deadly to the victim as it can be to the user.

That's not really an argument. Kicks are effective when you used right, and using them right really isn't all that hard. Not kicking when you should not kick certainly isn't hard.

If you don't believe me ask those who tried to kick me in duel or guys like Hagur.

Were you playing 1h ? If not, it's no surprise they weren't able to kick you.

Nudges aren't like that. And please, please don't bullshit me with the ''polearm nudge is the worst'', unless you really have no idea what you're talking about. However I fully agree with you that they are retarded.

I know the shield bash is pretty stupid too. Maybe 1h nudges are a little bit better but it's no reason to keep 1h stabs unusable.

I disagree about the fact that 2h is more broken than 1h stab. Thanks to devs lack of testing, 1h now has that medal.
However yeah all stabs are broken and are a joke. 1h, 2h, polearm, hell even ranged if we take into account that they still stun you for a full second.

1h stabs don't work after the animation has stopped moving. 2h stabs work after the animation has stopped moving. Both stabs work at facehug range. The only thing 1h got going with stabs is marginally higher damage if you use stabbing swords and it is vastly compensated by worse stats in other areas, especially swing damage.

NB: Please don't reply to my questions if you're not the guy I asked the question to.

Send bullshit in pm form if you really don't want other people to come and say it's bullshit.

Kafein you are as biased towards 1h as Panos is towards polearm and Rufio is towards 2h. Which means I am taking anything you post on the subject of melee balance with a pinch of salt.

The 1h stab is buffed from unusable to fair, people that had it easy since forever want to nerf it and I'm the biaised one ? Call me biaised against archers if you like but the 1h stab is now about as broken as the other ones instead of being an inexistent attack direction. There's no need to fix it without fixing all melee stabs. There's also no need to nerf 1h stab damage because that's about as lethal as all attacks should be. If anything, all other types of attacks should be buffed in damage to match the damage of current 1h stabs.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 10:39:25 am by Kafein »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 22, 2013, 12:08:45 pm »
Gambling destroyed Kafein's life
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 22, 2013, 12:21:30 pm »

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #179 on: October 22, 2013, 01:23:23 pm »
+3
Love how Kafein thinks literally instant hits is bullshit, be it stabs or swings, when it only deals damage on ridiculously low armour, which he himself uses (naked). I also have a character with 6 body armour, and there's some hits that I can't react to, not a chance, but on every other character (>25 armour) I can block the regular hiltslashes and fast stabs if I'm paying a bit attention.

Get more armour and the game makes more sense. A leather jerkin and mail gauntlets/leather gloves doesn't slow you down a lot, looks nice and the real instant hits are gone. If you don't do it, fine, but the game is not balanced around naked players with a deli hat.

Can't be arsed replying to all the other stuff I disagree with. :P
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.