Author Topic: Jeirbe Castle  (Read 4528 times)

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
Re: Jeirbe Castle
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2013, 01:54:33 pm »
+2
lol, good editing Cymro :P

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2013, 01:57:23 pm »
lol, good editing Cymro :P

You saw nothing and tbh i cant remember what i edited out :D

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2013, 01:59:03 pm »
+3
Now I guess its time to attack Greys with the captured troops right Wolves/Kapikulus ? :D

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • Renown: 914
  • Infamy: 263
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UIF
  • Game nicks: Harpag_the_Grey
« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2013, 02:01:25 pm »
+1
Then once in the battle the initial siegetower to the front was surprisingly successful, we got onto a roof and held it well breaking ladders from the defenders trying to reclaim it (there was some hubbub making the tower face the right way, but it largely went well). Infact the first moves onto the wall were so successful that the entire left wall from the roof was swiftly overrun and capped, but not secured as defenders kept pushing and retaking it. As this was happening the right wall was having a breach made, this also interrupted defenders trying to reach the left wall as they spawned on the right. After a period of some chaos and siege tower stress, and losing and retaking the left side finally the breach prevented defenders from reaching the left. The only way they could reach it was via the courtyard or ladders, courtyard became full of attackers and ladders were broken.

The fight largely then converged on the gatehouse where the majority of the defenders were spawning, a forward spawn went up on the left wall and the right side was laddered to by the attackers this time. The right tower was capped, i thought spawn rape was viable there, but the real prize was still the heavily defended gatehouse, the last major spawnpoint of the defenders. One access of the gatehouse was restricted by a partially destroyed wall, but that was a mixed blessing for defenders since it trapped them, and prevented a mass charge out to recapture flags (of which there were attempts).

Basically all in all it was the huge number of troops that won it ironically enough, it meant the battle time was over 2 hours long and spawn times grew very long. If Jeirbe had an average garrison, and therefore an average attacking force i'm not sure there would have been long enough to cap flags. The spawn time for defenders grew noticably longer halfway through the battle, very successful attacks in the beginning. As it drew to more of a stalemate over taking the last spawns i became aware of our own spawn getting long also, and began to wonder if it was getting too long to capture the flags.

But, the momentary success of a few heroes setting their forward spawn in attackers base, and destroying the forward spawn was to be the undoing of the defense. A new forward spawn came up even closer to the gatehouse, and the defense who had taken heart from this momentary reprieve set out to recapture flags and push us out of the castle. The push was put down and the next assaults came down hard on the gatehouse as defenders hurried to spawn and one or 2 spawned naked. A few attackers took the back wall and held one doorway into the gatehouse till they got backed up, the other side was immediately rushed by people who'd set their spawn closer that side, and ladders went to the top. Once the top of the gatehouse was captured we knew it was over, after brief confusion and teamhitting the flags were put down and everyone went to guard various flags from being put up as the last defenders were hunted down.

This is the reason why I love strat  :D

problem is that owner of fief has life and can not follow his fief 24 7

No one need follow his fief 24/7  :rolleyes:  Many times I went for weeks and it was never a problem and anyone who knows me will say that I am nolifer.

General Statistics - Latvian
Total Time Spent Online:
47 days, 10 hours and 57 minutes.
Total Posts:
2470 posts
Total Topics Started:
202 topics
Number of Polls Created:
6 polls
Number of Votes Cast:
423 votes

General Statistics - Harpag
Total Time Spent Online:
9 days, 1 hours and 46 minutes.
Total Posts:
688 posts
Total Topics Started:
28 topics
Number of Polls Created:
1 polls
Number of Votes Cast:
41 votes

Just stop bullshiting  :rolleyes:

Now I guess its time to attack Greys with the captured troops right Wolves/Kapikulus ? :D

You first hahahahah
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Chris_the_Animal

• Duke
  • Renown: 663
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Chris
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2013, 02:08:04 pm »
Narra
Population: 3000
Owner: Franke_HRE
Army: 28128
etc.

Coalition could reinforce their allies so badly that Mercs & CA will be alive forever. They could even go offensive for а change. Not mentioning that they had a power to wipe DRZ from the map entirely half of a year ago. But we still in the desert...

But now they will be just sitting on their asses, while we will be taking fief by fief until bannerlord or chadz thing comes out. Ain't saying that this is a bad strategy though. Defending is funnier & more xp-rewaring :)

I hope for something like a wake up aswell, but its not in our hands Segd. As long as its Seek and Hide I enjoy my xBow alts build :D
Bros never die!

Offline GRANDMOM

• Marshall
  • Renown: 920
  • Infamy: 140
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GRANDMOM
« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2013, 02:09:53 pm »
+1
When Wolves attacked in North Coalition sent 6 k shinys to north, kapikulus intervented them half way. coalition made 2:1 KD against Kapis and crushed almost 12k troops of the kapikulus.

I think they helped alot.

The Kapis role in the planning and attacking of the north was to block of enemy reinforcements from the south, to attack and harm armies so they couldnt do anything to help mercs in the north. Kapikulus played their part to the fullest, Coalition never reached the north. Even if coa had better k:d they lost their ability to advance.

So, if they would have continued to push they would have reachd the north and could have helped first defend Sargoth area and then pushed us back in the north together with mercs.

Their help, Chris, was pointless in the big picture.

We're working on something cooler than a blog.

Offline Vermilion

• Count
  • Renown: 208
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vermilion
  • IRC nick: Vermilion
« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2013, 02:10:09 pm »
+2
problem is that owner of fief has life and can not follow his fief 24 7

You keep saying that but it doesn't matter

Serr said that you ran out of ranged weapons and ladders after 30min. You had 18k? troops before the attack, why would you have so little ranged weapons? You should have had enough to last at least 3 attacks. You could have sorted this out anytime in the last few months where you have been moving troops to your castles whilst trying to defend of Greys, Wolves, Balde, etc. This is the only castles which hasn't been contested so far.

Also Apostates have 97 members, 9 of which listed as leaders. I don't know the rank at which you can control roster and P flags but there will be a lot more members than just the fief owner to sort that out (it doesn't take someone with a lot of experience to defend a castle). At first site of mass attacks against your faction I would have upped the ranking of every active member to where they can control roster and P flags.

Your AFK, busy, have a life.... excuse would only be valid if you where talking about being weapon bugged and not having the time to sort your inventory after the first couple attacks.

--

Congratulations Wolves on a great victory! The North is yours (along with some small friendly factions)

Offline Chris_the_Animal

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2013, 02:12:11 pm »
The Kapis role in the planning and attacking of the north was to block of enemy reinforcements from the south, to attack and harm armies so they couldnt do anything to help mercs in the north. Kapikulus played their part to the fullest, Coalition never reached the north. Even if coa had better k:d they lost their ability to advance.

So, if they would have continued to push they would have reachd the north and could have helped first defend Sargoth area and then pushed us back in the north together with mercs.

Their help, Chris, was pointless in the big picture.

okay they tried, but always watched to have their own army stacking fiefs :D
Bros never die!

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2013, 02:20:42 pm »
+5
so i was randomly clicking around the map to see what kind of army stacks people have these days. I see lots of 8-20k stacks which is too much for poor Wessex to face then i click Amere and i mean just wtf those poor villagers swamped by so many men

Amere
Population: 500
Owner: Hetman_The_Grey
Army: 53436

:D Hetmans private army ^^
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Chris_the_Animal

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2013, 02:32:58 pm »
This is only his personal team of bodyguards^^
Bros never die!

Offline Erasmas

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The crows had come
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Erasmas_the_Grey
« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2013, 03:08:41 pm »
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 03:15:33 pm by Erasmas »

Offline Guray

• Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Geceniz esen, göğünüz bol yıldızlı olsun.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kapikulu_Guray
« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2013, 03:57:33 pm »
+1
Kapikulu did nothing in this war guys we just sit in our fiefs watched what everybody is doing and had fun with girls 8-)
(click to show/hide)

Offline GRANDMOM

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2013, 04:05:44 pm »
Kapikulu did nothing in this war guys we just sit in our fiefs watched what everybody is doing and had fun with girls 8-)
(click to show/hide)

I have screenshots of what u did, what we did and then some of what others did- I have screenshots of the plan to attack mercs and I still have the letters planning the campaign. Dont know exactly how many, but at least I have screens from when u set up a perimeter in the mechin forest prior to our attack on the mercs

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 29, 2013, 04:59:39 pm »
+3
I have screens of you having screens.

Offline GRANDMOM

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2013, 07:08:42 pm »
I have screens of you having screens.

:shock: Not THE screens right?