Author Topic: Shu Han declares war on the infamous Crusader Alliance  (Read 47267 times)

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
Re: Shu Han declares war on the infamous Crusader Alliance
« Reply #255 on: February 06, 2013, 05:29:32 pm »
So much bullshit here, I mean fuck, Tomas constructed a complete Chinese wall out of excrements.
Regardlessly I'm going to say this, all you Eastern pussies got gigantic armies, Coalition and Apostates got fiefs with 10k+ and 15k+ troops in them, several other fiefs with 2k+ in them, and that is only their fiefs, why don't you stop sitting back jerking off in your fiefs and instead set out to allout invade UIF? You got more than enough troops to take them out, how the fuck can you expect anyone to feel like waiting for you to gank two inactive factions while you only ever send out one 2k army at a time and only attack one fief at a time? Bring out the vast majority of your damn armies, attack all Grey and DRZ fiefs instead of just all the grey villages, then one castle at a time, then one town at a time, while feeling the need to gank anyone who doesn't want to sit around waiting for you to so slowly destroy the last few UIF players (which due to your insanely horrible way of doing things is probably not gonna be before the next strategus wipe anyway).
And don't claim this would put you at an unfair disadvantage afterwards, you're already the biggest factions around ('cept Druzhina), you're like the only ones who have been actively playing besides UIF from the start who've had more than 20 players for the whole time.

Finally, once UIF dies disband all your disgusting freaking "mini-blocs", Coalition and Apostates aren't any more fun for the normal none-my old friendgish 10-50 man faction than UIF anyway, there being 3-4 blocs doesn't allow for much more fun smaller gameplay than 2.

Poor Rogue doesn't want to disband his biggest faction around that still really plays.  :cry:
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 06:00:16 pm by Zlisch_The_Butcher »
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
« Reply #256 on: February 06, 2013, 05:51:49 pm »
+9
Some responses to random comments

@Harpag - remind me again how many defended cities you have taken this strat? Come attack Narra and then you can talk about how easy or hard it is to take cities.  Could be mis-remembering here but didn't you give up on taking Tihr last strat because it was just too hard :P

@Basnak - GO and DRZ have 55k tickets between them just in their fiefs and you want us to consider them to be a size where they are no longer a threat?!!? 

@Lepi - I agree that something needs to change but I don't think a fief troop cap will work as troops can be fed slowly into fiefs and also it is the complete lack of a cap that allowed tiny factions like the Knights of Ni to stand up to the UIF earlier in the round.  Instead I would prefer to see the following change

When you attack a fief you can either make an assault (what we have now) or start a siege.  The attackers must have as many troops as the defenders to initiate a siege.  Once a siege starts the defenders have 5 hours to reinforce but can not reinforce again after that unless the siege is broken.  The siege is broken if the attackers ever have less troops than defenders for 24 hours straight. The attackers can reinforce the siege whenever they want.  At any point the attackers can chose to make an assault.  They chose the time and how many troops they want to use and the battle will happen 24 hours later.  All equipment is available for the battle and at the end all unused equipment/tickets is kept and not looted.  The sieging army can be attacked in the field either by a portion of the defending troops or by another army.  This is just a normal field battle but only 1/4 of the sieging army is used (the others are still watching the walls) and it offers another way of lifting a siege by reducing attackers numbers. During a siege any destroyed walls remain destroyed until the siege is lifted

An example
- Narra has 15k troops in it
- DRZ sieges it with 15k of their own troops
- Coalition reinforce with another 2k troops within the 5 hour window
- DRZ succeed in reinforcing with another 2k troops within 24 hours so the siege continues
- DRZ assault with 1500 tickets and kill off 1000 defenders.
- DRZ then have 24 hours to reinforce with 500 more tickets otherwise the siege is lifted.
- A Coalition Field army arrives and attacks with 1500 tickets getting a 1:1K:D but ultimately loses against the 3500 strong DRZ army
- Since the fief hasn't lost any tickets DRZ must reinforce with another 1500 tickets within 24 hours or the siege is lifted.

Basically it offers a way for attackers to better control and know the situation but for a very high price in upkeep.  The defenders can still build up tickets but they must lift the siege in order to use them.  Waiting 40 hours for a better time slot also isn't a problem or indeed waiting 3 days to give everybody a break (although it does increase the chance of a relief army arriving and will cost lots of upkeep)

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #257 on: February 06, 2013, 05:54:35 pm »
+4
When you attack a fief you can either make an assault (what we have now) or start a siege.  The attackers must have as many troops as the defenders to initiate a siege.  Once a siege starts the defenders have 5 hours to reinforce but can not reinforce again after that unless the siege is broken.  The siege is broken if the attackers ever have less troops than defenders for 24 hours straight. The attackers can reinforce the siege whenever they want.  At any point the attackers can chose to make an assault.  They chose the time and how many troops they want to use and the battle will happen 24 hours later.  All equipment is available for the battle and at the end all unused equipment/tickets is kept and not looted.  The sieging army can be attacked in the field either by a portion of the defending troops or by another army.  This is just a normal field battle but only 1/4 of the sieging army is used (the others are still watching the walls) and it offers another way of lifting a siege by reducing attackers numbers. During a siege any destroyed walls remain destroyed until the siege is lifted

+1,  put that into suggestion thread,  pwease dont mute me for this
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
« Reply #258 on: February 06, 2013, 07:06:43 pm »
+6
I'll let people work out for themselves who is better towards small neutral clans.

All dominant Alliances and Anti-Alliances in Strategus and its history have helped plenty of smaller clans, but 99.9% always based it on the clans supporting a specific agenda. Same now.

I think none here is better, all alliances in Strategus that formed due to fighting tyranny from the dominant alliance of their era became tyrants themselves in the pursuit of complete victory, forcing everyone else to an A or B option just like the previous. You're either with us or against us - and there's always a threat. The UIF were of course the worst due to being dominant and controlling past multiple rounds.

(click to show/hide)
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #259 on: February 06, 2013, 08:05:46 pm »
+3

Offline jtobiasm

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Tobi
« Reply #260 on: February 06, 2013, 08:43:07 pm »
why don't you stop sitting back jerking off in your fiefs and instead set out to allout invade UIF?

Look on the map. You 3rdie.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 08:46:20 pm by jtobiasm »

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • Renown: 914
  • Infamy: 263
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UIF
  • Game nicks: Harpag_the_Grey
« Reply #261 on: February 06, 2013, 10:17:57 pm »
@Harpag - remind me again how many defended cities you have taken this strat? Come attack Narra and then you can talk about how easy or hard it is to take cities.  Could be mis-remembering here but didn't you give up on taking Tihr last strat because it was just too hard :P

@ Tomas - if you ask me about experience in sieges I must immodestly admit that Greys have a bit experience collected during all rounds. Especially attack. As for the "hard cases" on my list I have above all Durrin Castle and Praven. Especially previous round was hard, because then there was no catapults and siege towers are not able to driveway to the walls. So we know very well what it's like to get an extremely difficult subject using only ladders. This one is different because of voting. Tihr - I actually can't remember last round, but if there was catapults, it was relatively difficult city because Thir is wooden (catapults not working). Narra - I don't remember well topographies of Narra because it was NA city or something  :wink:
Stop crying, you'd should rather come up with some good attack scenarios and  precisely cut time of battle for individual stages.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 07, 2013, 12:23:08 am »
When you attack a fief you can [...] start a siege.

Wow, if your idea was implemented, it would be fucking awesome :o
Sounds hard to exploit too, because you still have to manage to have as much troops besieging as they have troops inside (need OP management).

And the fiefs will need A FUCKTON of troops to keep them invincible to sieges, so they would use up a lot of upkeep.

The less-stacked fiefs will then be siegable more easily and you could not just turtle up in the impossible to take castles/cities like a bitch (most used tec of this strat round imo) and then reinforces it at ease between the fights (second most used tec of this strat round imo²).

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #263 on: February 07, 2013, 12:33:18 am »
+1

Wow, if your idea was implemented, it would be fucking awesome :o
Sounds hard to exploit too, because you still have to manage to have as much troops besieging as they have troops inside (need OP management).
His idea was decent enough, nothing not suggested before though and I do believe his suggestion appears to have some holes in it, in my opinion an essential requirement for any realistic kinds of sieges though would be adding some form of food system.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Korgoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 742
  • Infamy: 100
  • cRPG Player
  • I've dated girls uglier than you for Breakfast
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Korgoth
  • IRC nick: Korgoth
« Reply #264 on: February 07, 2013, 12:45:07 am »

Very nice. Would love to have something like this in.

Korgoth's Retextures
Korgoth's Hierloom Stall

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #265 on: February 07, 2013, 07:05:36 am »
+5
(click to show/hide)
 - With battles 1500vs1500 drz need 10 days with kd 1/1
 -168144 g per day * 10 = from 1 to 1.6 mil for upkeep  :P

Offline ryanwilson140

• Knight
  • Renown: 42
  • Infamy: 11
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Alpha, Templar_Omega_
  • IRC nick: Templar_Alpha
« Reply #266 on: February 07, 2013, 10:13:48 am »
+5
I throw a potato at everyone, haha I win.

Offline Segd

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 88
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 07, 2013, 10:38:09 am »
+2
 - With battles 1500vs1500 drz need 10 days with kd 1/1
 -168144 g per day * 10 = from 1 to 1.6 mil for upkeep  :P
Raise to 20k in the city & upkeep will be 266 472 per day for attacker & 24 288 for def :)

Offline tizzango

• Earl
  • Renown: 406
  • Infamy: 83
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 07, 2013, 10:47:15 am »
The way I see it, from someone who doesn't really care about Strat:

- UIF stomp everyone Strat 3.
- Impossible for smaller independent clans to effectively fight against it in Strat 4.
- Coalition forms to fight back UIF.
- UIF get caught cheating and are somewhat banned.
- UIF retreat to their fiefs with what seems to be an endless amount of troops (I don't know, I don't pay attention to the map).
- Coalition make progress against wiping UIF.
- After UIF wiped Coalition (Eastern Block) will disband and we shall have small clan warfare, this was initial plan.
- Shu Han declare war on Templars (who are allied in Eastern Block)
- Asian clans come to help Shu Han.
- Creates another UIF.
- Postpones the War.
- Claims that Eastern Block are the new UIF.

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #269 on: February 07, 2013, 11:01:48 am »
+7
The way I see it, from someone who doesn't really care about Strat:

- UIF stomp everyone Strat 3.
- Impossible for smaller independent clans to effectively fight against it in Strat 4.
- Coalition forms to fight back UIF.
- UIF get caught cheating and are somewhat banned.
- UIF retreat to their fiefs with what seems to be an endless amount of troops (I don't know, I don't pay attention to the map).
- Coalition make progress against wiping UIF.
- After UIF wiped Coalition (Eastern Block) will disband and we shall have small clan warfare, this was initial plan.
- Shu Han declare war on Templars (who are allied in Eastern Block)
- Asian clans come to help Shu Han.
- Creates another UIF.
- Postpones the War.
- Claims that Eastern Block are the new UIF.

- small independend clans join strat
- big templar block tried fuck them
- small clans created uif and uif fuck that block
from that time - small independend clans is myth and fiction (exept  whom who just join strat)
each new block formed in the months before the start of a new strat.
strat 1 strat 2 strat 3 anti-uif suck hard
- ban, good opportunity for the offended boys to take revenge, and? the suck again under Uxhal wall.
- Shu Han declare war on Templars
- 5 man join them
- Now Shu Han (40 man faction) + some cheneese is a last hope to get a glorious victory for all that loosers
the end хпхпхпхпхпхп