Author Topic: Shu Han declares war on the infamous Crusader Alliance  (Read 47268 times)

Offline BASNAK

• King
  • Renown: 1349
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MolonLave_Garlic
Re: Shu Han declares war on the infamous Crusader Alliance
« Reply #270 on: February 07, 2013, 11:33:55 am »
+2
The way I see it, from someone who doesn't really care about Strat:

- UIF stomp everyone Strat 3.
- Impossible for smaller independent clans to effectively fight against it in Strat 4.
- Coalition forms to fight back UIF.
- UIF get caught cheating and are somewhat banned.
- UIF retreat to their fiefs with what seems to be an endless amount of troops (I don't know, I don't pay attention to the map).
- Coalition make progress against wiping UIF.
- After UIF wiped Coalition (Eastern Block) will disband and we shall have small clan warfare, this was initial plan.
- Shu Han declare war on Templars (who are allied in Eastern Block)
- Asian clans come to help Shu Han.
- Creates another UIF.
- Postpones the War.
- Claims that Eastern Block are the new UIF.

We're the new UIF? Hah. Please look at the member size of all those involved in the war. For the moment Shu Han are the vanguard in the war and Ghuraba is just assissting with what we can. Shu Han + Ghuraba = approx 45 members. (Im speaking of Yalen area only) And we're not even in a block mate.

Coalition alone has about 3 times more members. Let alone involving Apostates and the Crusaders.  Which makes their member size about 8 times larger.

This was said by Donib before the war:

@Tyr_

UIF seems to become a word similair to terrorist and you are just fighting a war against terrorism. And i fear that you have seen the benefit of this cooperation you might as well keep it a bit longer, under the excuse of fighting UIF/terrorists.

So because we declared war on Eastern, The response from the East: "all faithful brothers must unite against this evil scourge in the west". The response from the East is not because we're a threat to strat. But rather a threat to them dominating the map, and controlling everything that happens. Druzhina + Grey order which are the last UIF cannot take over the entire map and wipe us all. Yet everyone acts like it.

The war will continue, and we'll do our best to beat the Eastern, no matter their size. But just don't make us look like we're the block here.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 12:17:15 pm by BASNAK »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #271 on: February 07, 2013, 02:36:08 pm »
+2
- small independend clans join strat
- big templar block tried fuck them
- small clans created uif and uif fuck that block
from that time - small independend clans is myth and fiction (exept  whom who just join strat)
each new block formed in the months before the start of a new strat.
strat 1 strat 2 strat 3 anti-uif suck hard
- ban, good opportunity for the offended boys to take revenge, and? the suck again under Uxhal wall.
- Shu Han declare war on Templars
- 5 man join them
- Now Shu Han (40 man faction) + some cheneese is a last hope to get a glorious victory for all that loosers
the end хпхпхпхпхпхп

So the 'UIF' is in fact new Templar Block...

Except when Strat 1 was wiped and Strat 2 began the UIF maintained its alliance, despite their no longer being a large Templar block, there was no other alliance on strat 2.0 that had any chance of ever matching the UIF in terms of numbers or land. 

They then did exactly the same thing for strat 3, although some powers by this stage people had begun to align against them. We had our own agendas and fought both sides at different times.

The same thing occurred again in strat 4, they formed up in their alliance and supported each other from the start once again, only really breaking down following the banning of some members.

The core members of the UIF have remained the same three faction, Union, Grey Order and DRZ.  These three factions have not fought a war against each other, yet made up a huge percentage of both land a members in strategus.  Factions such as Nords and the Empire who also made up huge numbers and took up vast lands at no point attempted to engage these factions and have continually supported them until they have recently died out.

Templar Block formed at the very start of strategus, when things were being learnt.  To still use that as justification for the continual mega alliance that has carried across every iteration of strategus is a joke.  Thing that happened in strat have long been forgotten (Travelling across seas, transfer chains etc.) but yet the notion of your factions working together has not remained.

I do not believe that Shu Han wants to restore the UIF and I agree that the intervention of coalition/apostates will likely drive them into closer relations with the UIF, yet they struck at a time when the UIF was finally on the back legs, they struck out at us after declaring neutrality to both sides.  They have far longer fought against us than for us and they knew that this would be the likely reaction if they were to attack one of our members.

If the wanted to expand territorially on the map they could have annexed DRZ territories, it was a war for the sake of war.  I am all for it, but the timing is awful.

With regards to these Chinese players becoming involved i am all for it, they have been completely ignored by cRPG and the strategus community.

TL;DR: Don't try and blame the Templar Block for the UIF factions working together in any strat version but the first.
Turtles

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #272 on: February 07, 2013, 02:44:42 pm »
+2
all this block nonsense  ^^
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Segd

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 88
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 07, 2013, 03:27:16 pm »
+7
If the wanted to expand territorially on the map they could have annexed DRZ territories, it was a war for the sake of war.  I am all for it, but the timing is awful.
Btw, the main problem of UIF now is not the hordes of our enemies, but the roster.
If Chinese & Co had join Anti-UIF, we would be fucked right now :)
Neither UIF or Ati-UIF would got Fun & XP from battles when each battle would end by spawnrape :(
So this guys did nice for both sides by fighting Templols.
The only disappoint for DRZ is that:
(click to show/hide)

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #274 on: February 07, 2013, 03:46:11 pm »
+6
UIF has gotten so bored that they attack themselves.  :cry:

Odds are Druzhina kills themselves out of boredom before Eastern does, poor most gigantic alliance ever can't attack Shu Han and UIF at once, they need their entire bloc  focused on fighting 40 Chinese people...
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Noctivagant

• Earl
  • Renown: 470
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
  • I solve practical problems
    • View Profile
    • I never drank a six pack of warm beer
  • Faction: Mercenaries
« Reply #275 on: February 07, 2013, 03:46:21 pm »
We off the blocks this year, went from a 'lil to a lot this year
Everybody mad at the rocks that I wear
I know where I'm goin' and I know where I'm from
You hear LOX in your ear

(click to show/hide)

Offline Noctivagant

• Earl
  • Renown: 470
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
  • I solve practical problems
    • View Profile
    • I never drank a six pack of warm beer
  • Faction: Mercenaries
« Reply #276 on: February 07, 2013, 03:54:11 pm »
+2
poor most gigantic alliance ever can't attack Shu Han and UIF at once, they need their entire bloc  focused on fighting 40 Chinese people...

If you consider this as a strategy, which I believe you present it as macho crap, lemme tell you no army will win a battle at your command.
Just saying it.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #277 on: February 07, 2013, 04:09:36 pm »
+5
If you consider this as a strategy, which I believe you present it as macho crap, lemme tell you no army will win a battle at your command.
Just saying it.
Yeah, 89 Crusader alliance fighting 40 guys while the rest of the 500 guys keep on attacking UIF with the several thousands of troops they've got lying around sitting around with 1k-16k in your fiefs while only sending out a few 1-2k armies like once a week and expecting everyone to wait a few years for you to finally beat UIF, is a much worse tactic than all the 500ish guys sending a few thousand a week (which are mostly just bribes for smaller factions to do the attacking for Eastern) to deal with the 40 guy faction while letting UIF do whatever the fuck they want (which is not really playing strat).
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #278 on: February 07, 2013, 04:25:25 pm »
+4

Those who ally themselves with men who attack harmless missionaries are not true men of God.
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 04:42:59 pm by Ninja_Khorin »

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 07, 2013, 04:28:19 pm »
Btw, the main problem of UIF now is not the hordes of our enemies, but the roster.

So true, even though sometimes you didnt auto-accept people when the full roster wasnt achieved, because they were not on TS. But even in big battles sometimes you didnt have 35 players on TS even with neutral (or even hostile) factions helping you  :mrgreen:

I hope that druzhina greys will wake up a bit and take the fight to whoever it is they want and join the festival  8-) then almost every factions on EU side will be actively in a war : so much tears and alliances and truce will break that everyone will have a reason to be happy or mad : lifetime goal reached !

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #280 on: February 07, 2013, 04:29:48 pm »
Those who ally themselves with men who attack harmless missionaries are not true men of God.
(click to show/hide)

The ruffians in the wasteland felt the wrath of God before, yet heresy indeed grows on the steppe.  Calradia is writhe with it and i will one day see it all destroyed, including any references to this 'Jesus Christ' fella.  Worship Armagan and Holy chadzius, the true lords of our realm!
Turtles

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #281 on: February 07, 2013, 04:45:57 pm »
+1
They then did exactly the same thing for strat 3, although some powers by this stage people had begun to align against them. We had our own agendas and fought both sides at different times.

Yeah in 3rd strat we desided play alone not as uif but as independent faction and? FCC + all small NA clan + Fallens + others tryed gang druzhina  :P

Offline Bjarky

• Earl
  • Renown: 352
  • Infamy: 31
  • U got gold? I bring tea, silk, hemp, camels +more!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Leadership member)
  • Game nicks: Guard_BD_Bjarky, Guard_the_Lederhosen
  • IRC nick: bjarky
« Reply #282 on: February 07, 2013, 05:19:12 pm »
+2
(click to show/hide)
*ahem http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=battlesparticipated#!?page=battledetail&id=1972   :P
dont worry we are about to build up for some shiny waves, it just takes some time for us for since we only have 14-16 members  :o

Offline Count_Curtis

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • There's no cure for being a cunt
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Captain_Ludd / Curtis
  • IRC nick: Curtis
« Reply #283 on: February 07, 2013, 05:23:13 pm »
Hooray for war!

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
« Reply #284 on: February 07, 2013, 05:33:53 pm »
Yeah in 3rd strat we desided play alone not as uif but as independent faction and? FCC + all small NA clan + Fallens + others tryed gang druzhina  :P

Nice try but once "FCC + all small NA clan + Fallens + others" were dead you still stayed together.  Even once every single other EU faction was dead you still stayed together.  Even after you guys publicly stated you hated playing on NA ping and weren't going to do that any more, you still stayed together.

The UIF was wrong not because of why it formed (or reformed as you claim).  It was wrong because of what it did after it had served its purpose.