Author Topic: Shu Han declares war on the infamous Crusader Alliance  (Read 47265 times)

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
Re: Shu Han declares war on the infamous Crusader Alliance
« Reply #285 on: February 07, 2013, 05:37:06 pm »
Nice try but once "FCC + all small NA clan + Fallens + others" were dead you still stayed together.  Even once every single other EU faction was dead you still stayed together.  Even after you guys publicly stated you hated playing on NA ping and weren't going to do that any more, you still stayed together.

The UIF was wrong not because of why it formed (or reformed as you claim).  It was wrong because of what it did after it had served its purpose.
No, it was wrong for being a megabloc, regardless of its reasoning for forming, and even more wrong for staying a megabloc once those tasks it set out to originally complete had been done, and we both damn well know you're not stopping either, and you're using your huge gay megabloc for other purposes than just fighting UIF.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Count_Curtis

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • There's no cure for being a cunt
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Captain_Ludd / Curtis
  • IRC nick: Curtis
« Reply #286 on: February 07, 2013, 05:58:22 pm »
+2
and why you all gotta yell on the forums? especially you tomas. you've all been doing this shit for years and all it has done is make this shitty community so hostile
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 07, 2013, 06:15:20 pm »
+4
The way you see it as a biased member of Coalition who is apparently unable to spot the backwardness of it all.

- After UIF wiped Coalition (Eastern Block) will disband and we shall have small clan warfare, this was initial plan.
Yes that was their plan, which apparently means that everyone outside the Eastern Block has to sit and wait for them to finish or else get roflstomped by an alliance of 300 people. UIF GTX Strat well over 3 months ago, and they haven't even offed Grey Order yet. We get one battle a day, sieging one fief a day at most. At this rate and with this success they are not going to be finished before the summer. If they put as much effort in the war with us as they have put into the wiping of UIF, we stand a very good chance.

- Creates another UIF.
- Postpones the War.
- Claims that Eastern Block are the new UIF.
Oh we are very sorry that our 40 man faction is apparently able to slow down your 300 man alliance at wiping almost inactive factions. When I call the Eastern block the new UIF, I mean that they are a way too strong alliance, which forces any other small faction to either create a second alliance to have a chance, or get roflstomped. You are ruining Strategus in exactly the same way UIF did it, an alliance which you despised and are trying to wipe for that exact reason.

The way I see it, the 100 Templars are well able to fight us on their own, can you really blame us as a small faction to attack by surprise to have any chance? The other 200 Eastern block members should still be able to continue the war against UIF at a much faster pace than they have done so far. Create 20 armies, attack all their fiefs at once, for crying out loud. With the speed with which we were able to create a faction from scratch with 20-30 members makes me wonder what the Eastern block has been doing the past 3 months.

Offline BASNAK

• King
  • Renown: 1349
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MolonLave_Garlic
« Reply #288 on: February 07, 2013, 06:16:02 pm »
+6
and why you all gotta yell on the forums? especially you tomas. you've all been doing this shit for years and all it has done is make this shitty community so hostile

Strategus wars are fought on two fronts. One in the strat map and the other in the forums by downvoting everything your foes say :D

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
« Reply #289 on: February 07, 2013, 07:04:47 pm »
The way you see it as a biased member of Coalition who is apparently unable to spot the backwardness of it all.
Yes that was their plan, which apparently means that everyone outside the Eastern Block has to sit and wait for them to finish or else get roflstomped by an alliance of 300 people. UIF GTX Strat well over 3 months ago, and they haven't even offed Grey Order yet. We get one battle a day, sieging one fief a day at most. At this rate and with this success they are not going to be finished before the summer. If they put as much effort in the war with us as they have put into the wiping of UIF, we stand a very good chance.
Oh we are very sorry that our 40 man faction is apparently able to slow down your 300 man alliance at wiping almost inactive factions. When I call the Eastern block the new UIF, I mean that they are a way too strong alliance, which forces any other small faction to either create a second alliance to have a chance, or get roflstomped. You are ruining Strategus in exactly the same way UIF did it, an alliance which you despised and are trying to wipe for that exact reason.

The way I see it, the 100 Templars are well able to fight us on their own, can you really blame us as a small faction to attack by surprise to have any chance? The other 200 Eastern block members should still be able to continue the war against UIF at a much faster pace than they have done so far. Create 20 armies, attack all their fiefs at once, for crying out loud. With the speed with which we were able to create a faction from scratch with 20-30 members makes me wonder what the Eastern block has been doing the past 3 months.

Who asked you to wait? There are almost 200 players in non UIF and non Anti-UIF factions that you could have attacked (Ottomans, Rice Eaters, Rebels, Barabe, Ecorcheur, Brotherhood, BlackFist, Valkyria, Angevin, Wataga, DKG, Foxes, Knights of Ni and Risen).  What was wrong with attacking any of these? 

Also - 20 battles all at once!  I thought you had more brains than that Teeth.  At 90 mins per battle and an 8 hour nighttime those battles would take 38 hours to complete and that's if NA are kind enough to abandon strat for a day to accommodate us.  Not something i'd like to try or have time for :P

Offline BASNAK

• King
  • Renown: 1349
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MolonLave_Garlic
« Reply #290 on: February 07, 2013, 07:08:11 pm »
+1
Tomas, they did declare war on Barabe. If you don't remember what happened, big brother Apostates got involved ;)

P.S, half of those you mentioned belong to Kinngrimm or something.

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
« Reply #291 on: February 07, 2013, 07:12:06 pm »
Tomas, they did declare war on Barabe. If you don't remember what happened, big brother Apostates got involved ;)

P.S, half of those you mentioned belong to Kinngrimm or something.

So who ended up with the Barabe fief?  Did Apostates come down with vast armies to retake the fief?  Did anybody else get involved?

As far as I remember there was a fun battle in a short war that Shu Han won and then it ended.  What more did Shu Han want from it?

PS - The CFA is not the Anti-UIF.  Some factions (Wolves, SoA and CotgS) can be considered as being in both as they were here when the Anti-UIF was formed.  The rest are allied with Kinngrimm alone and nothing to do with the block as a whole.  IF the UIF attacked them we would help because it was the UIF.  Anybody else though would be nothing to do with us.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 07:16:35 pm by Tomas »

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #292 on: February 07, 2013, 07:38:55 pm »
PS - The CFA is not the Anti-UIF.  Some factions (Wolves, SoA and CotgS) can be considered as being in both as they were here when the Anti-UIF was formed.  The rest are allied with Kinngrimm alone and nothing to do with the block as a whole.  IF the UIF attacked them we would help because it was the UIF.  Anybody else though would be nothing to do with us.
So, let's say I attack random Cold Front vassal, so Kinngrimm declares war on me to help his vassal, so I'm at war with an Eastern faction, so in order to beat UIF the 10000 Eastern members are gonna fight us...
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: February 07, 2013, 07:40:54 pm »
+3
Also - 20 battles all at once!  I thought you had more brains than that Teeth.  At 90 mins per battle and an 8 hour nighttime those battles would take 38 hours to complete and that's if NA are kind enough to abandon strat for a day to accommodate us.  Not something i'd like to try or have time for :P
Sigh, that wasn't entirely what I said nor was it meant to be taken literally, but okay. Equip a few dozen armies, attack 2-3 fiefs a day. That is easily possible.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 07, 2013, 08:17:44 pm »
+1
So who ended up with the Barabe fief?  Did Apostates come down with vast armies to retake the fief?  Did anybody else get involved?

As far as I remember there was a fun battle in a short war that Shu Han won and then it ended.  What more did Shu Han want from it?

hmhm

http://forum.meleegaming.com/diplomacy/%28rice-eaters%29-barabe-imperiale-war-%28rp%29/

not accurate history (I romanticize a lot) but everything is true  :D

Also like BASNAK said, 3/4 of the factions you mentioned are affiliated to a big member of a block (coalition , CFA , apostates) and would have been involved the same way with templars being attacked.

BUT REALLY: we do not mind the use of treaties, alliances are meant to legitimize actions against an invader or in a common war goal. I would bitch a bit more if sieging fiefs was too damn easy but since they are FUCKING HARD, I know that we can have fun on open ground and if we are completely overwhelmed we will turtle up like bitches and be very hard to completely kill (as much as grey orders)

All in all, I cant wait being attacked !

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
« Reply #295 on: February 07, 2013, 09:20:48 pm »
Sigh, that wasn't entirely what I said nor was it meant to be taken literally, but okay. Equip a few dozen armies, attack 2-3 fiefs a day. That is easily possible.

So instead of us spending 2 hours a day doing strat you want us to spend 5 or 6.  Sounds like a recipe for burnout. We'd already cut Uxkhal off from Suno so how would it have helped to attack Suno as well? Sure it would have sped up the overall campaign but not the individual battles and the rate of resource consumption would have been unsustainable for us especially since the defenders get 50% of used gear back plus a continuous supply of new tickets from active members.

Attacking the UIF was always going to be a grind of extremely difficult battles and so we decided to keep it as fun as possible for our members and as manageable as possible for our leaders.  That meant at most 1 big battle per day and always at a reasonable hour. 

So, let's say I attack random Cold Front vassal, so Kinngrimm declares war on me to help his vassal, so I'm at war with an Eastern faction, so in order to beat UIF the 10000 Eastern members are gonna fight us...

Speaking as a Coalition Leader - If you attacked a random CFA member in the west other than Wolves, CotgS or SoA then I would welcome the extra chance at XP and be happy that there was enough room in EU strat for a war that wasn't UIF vs Anti-UIF.  The CFA are not directly involved in any of our major offensives and Kinngrimm does his own thing to try and get land for the smaller or newer clans in his alliance.  I don't care who ends up with fiefs in the west so long as they don't feed resources to the UIF.

Offline Noctivagant

• Earl
  • Renown: 470
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
  • I solve practical problems
    • View Profile
    • I never drank a six pack of warm beer
  • Faction: Mercenaries
« Reply #296 on: February 07, 2013, 09:21:42 pm »
Yeah, 89 Crusader alliance fighting 40 guys while the rest of the 500 guys keep on attacking UIF with the several thousands of troops they've got lying around sitting around with 1k-16k in your fiefs while only sending out a few 1-2k armies like once a week and expecting everyone to wait a few years for you to finally beat UIF, is a much worse tactic than all the 500ish guys sending a few thousand a week (which are mostly just bribes for smaller factions to do the attacking for Eastern) to deal with the 40 guy faction while letting UIF do whatever the fuck they want (which is not really playing strat).

Its not that we are 1 gazillion and they are 40 people, we are just not interested in fighting them. Otherwise there is a 20 member clan right next to our territory, we are also not interested in fighting them. As some of you might disagree but we are not burning with the passion of world domination. We have only one enemy and I don't see Shu Han as enemy, I see it as a technical difficulty and I'm not saying it out of arrogance.

....and you're using your huge gay megabloc for other purposes than just fighting UIF.

I don't understand one thing here, do you want us to steamroll people or not? In one post you indirectly accuse us as being wuss for not steamrolling and few posts later you accuse us as being dicks for steamrolling 40 player clan.

Wait two things : If you have problem with people who are forming up mega blocs why do you keep signing up for UIF then? this is probably the only round that their mega bloc have failed due to their technical difficulties.

You know what I don't even know what you are talking about, sorry.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 07, 2013, 10:22:34 pm »
+6
I find it hard to believe anyone has respect left for the anti UIF clans except a few people drinking the Kool-Aid of their dear leaders.  Every post here by Tomas and others just makes them look like insufferable cowards who suck at Strat, refuse to use their troops for fun battles, and if any other clan tries to use their troops against anyone they will wipe you off of Strat.  Because like children with autism, if you even slightly disrupt their routine of "afk for weeks in between failed UIF sieges while we circlejerk about liberating EU" they go into frothing fits of rage.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 07, 2013, 10:28:09 pm »
Noctivagant, you have a website PM  :)

Offline Count_Curtis

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • There's no cure for being a cunt
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Captain_Ludd / Curtis
  • IRC nick: Curtis
« Reply #299 on: February 07, 2013, 10:33:38 pm »
I find it hard to believe anyone has respect left for the anti UIF clans except a few people drinking the Kool-Aid of their dear leaders.  Every post here by Tomas and others just makes them look like insufferable cowards who suck at Strat, refuse to use their troops for fun battles, and if any other clan tries to use their troops against anyone they will wipe you off of Strat.  Because like children with autism, if you even slightly disrupt their routine of "afk for weeks in between failed UIF sieges while we circlejerk about liberating EU" they go into frothing fits of rage.

I never in my life thought i would ever find myself in agreement with smoothrich. but he's right on this one. we all look terrible when tomas screams at people on the forums.