Author Topic: Lobbyism  (Read 4796 times)

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
Re: Lobbyism
« Reply #60 on: January 24, 2013, 06:34:57 pm »
zlisch witch 2hander is ballanced and has shieldbreak ?? u mean the 1hander that can convert to 2 hander? im perplexed

I was wondering aswell, fighting axe doest count as a 2her imo.
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #61 on: January 24, 2013, 06:57:38 pm »
zlisch witch 2hander is ballanced and has shieldbreak ?? u mean the 1hander that can convert to 2 hander? im perplexed
Yes I mean the 1h that can convert to 2h, ad Joseph you've got 0 reason not to consider it a 2h when it only gets stronger in the secondary mode anyway.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #62 on: January 24, 2013, 07:11:46 pm »
solid argument you get there  :|
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline FrugFrug

• Earl
  • Renown: 493
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB Mascot
  • Game nicks: FrugFrug Owl_Beard
« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2013, 07:41:50 pm »
If you reach a certain amount of Space Marines, they can kill an endless amount of charging Zerg.

Space Marines and Zerg?

Those be two different games bro.  :lol:

Offline TurmoilTom

• King
  • Renown: 1089
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't really play that much anymore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
« Reply #64 on: January 24, 2013, 07:42:55 pm »
+2
The only reason I don't like ranged is because even when I go shielder they always kill me.

Then when I switch to ranged I can't shoot for shit.

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 24, 2013, 07:47:37 pm »
solid argument you get there  :|
Still waiting for you to explain why it isn't just like any other 2h except it can be used onehanded...
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #66 on: January 24, 2013, 07:56:04 pm »
there really isn't a reason, someone could easily take it as a sidearm for shield breaking.

how much c does it do in secondary anyways?
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 24, 2013, 07:58:34 pm »
there really isn't a reason, someone could easily take it as a sidearm for shield breaking.

how much c does it do in secondary anyways?
These are the stats:
weapon length: 84
weight: 2
difficulty: 12
speed rating: 95
weapon length: 84
thrust damage: 0 pierce
swing damage: 32 cut
slots: 1
Bonus against Shield
Secondary Mode

Pretty sure speed and dmg is 2+ in 2h mode though.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #68 on: January 24, 2013, 08:07:16 pm »
not reading the thread, seen enough of these to know what's going on.

here's how a typical lobbyist finds themselves whining on the forums:

Lobbyist encounters a wall on the battle server, Lobbyist tries his best to walk right through it, but every time he hits the wall his character stops moving.  Lobbyist continues to run into the wall and is surprised at first, and then starts to get pissed off every time he gets stopped when he runs into the wall.  Lobbyist comes to forums and pitches a bitch asking for the wall to be nerfed.  People reply back saying that the wall has, and will always, be an obstacle that you cannot go through.  You have to go around or over it.   Lobbyist says that he will not change his play style because who's to tell him how to have fun.  Lobbyist continues to post nerf threads and get his buddies to post nerf threads until the devs' finally cave in and let people walk through walls.

Wait, I just described cRPG!
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #69 on: January 24, 2013, 08:10:23 pm »
+1
Panos/zlisch I have a question :P What classes do you respect?
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #70 on: January 24, 2013, 08:15:02 pm »
+4
nerf 2h

Notice that the only people who have -'d that so far were Kaoklai and GTX, two widely known 2h crutchers who commonly complain about how OP ranged is because it's the only thing that prevents them from just being able to kill everyone on the server without any issue.  There has to be a balance and a counter to ever class, like a big game of rock paper scissors almost.

Shield infantry can defend better against range, but in turn are slower and do less damage than most other people.  Non-shield infantry (2h, polearm, 1h no shield too I guess) are fast, do a lot of damage, but in turn are vulnerable to ranged attacks, and if they want to not get raped horribly by arrows they have to take cover or stick with their teamOR HOLD A LEFT-RIGHT SWING AND LOOK DOWN WHILE DOING THE CHICKEN DANCE, IT BASICALLY MAKES YOU INVINCIBLE ANYWAY.  And then there's ranged, their advantage is quite obvious, however their detriment is that they don't have the ability to really wear heavy armor and can't stack too much PS or IF.  Cavalry is fast, can inflict tons of damage and escape the scene of the crime before anyone can do anything about it, however, they have to deal with a clumsy ass horse that walks up a hill backwards better than it does forwards.  Also, if they don't use a shield their horse is a large target for throwers and archers.

Of course, each class has their flaws as well.  1h has a super fast left to right swing, and if their build is done properly their shield can be made from gods foreskin itself.  But, that's not to forget that 2h has the highest cut weapon (which is an axe), lolstab, hilt slash, and ridiculous animations in general.  Polearm has lolpikes and polestun (and you can say it was removed, but you know it's still there, deep down in the bottom of your heart), and of course, the major advantage of being able to rear cavalry.  Ranged players have numbers, if anything.  Cavalry has bumpslash, bumpstab, bumpcouch, and the ability to do 1/2 of my health with a bump at normal speed.

Like any other game, cRPG tries to have balance, and the way it's been done is through counters.  Every class has an advantage on another, that's just the way it works.  So when you're going 20 - 0 on battle with your MW Danish GS and an archer stops you in your tracks with an arrow to the head, just remember that it's what an archer is meant to do.  Kill the 2h heroes of the enemy team, because most one handers or polearmers can't do it themselves, it's how the fucking game was made and that's how it's been played since vanilla Mount and Blade, archers are good at killing people without shields.

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #71 on: January 24, 2013, 08:17:38 pm »
+2
Stop trying to ruin their fun Artyem, they should be able to 1 versus the entire enemy team
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #72 on: January 24, 2013, 08:17:40 pm »
lol 2h Cruthers haha :D your not better yourself when u start saying stewpid sheeet like that  :wink:
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #73 on: January 24, 2013, 08:22:55 pm »
I probably should have included something about any old melee infantry being able to use a crossbow flawlessly without needing any WPF, which makes a pretty good counter to ranged and cavalry in my opinion.

Also, all of that is coming from someone who's been playing cRPG since it damn near came out, I played 2h for the first year and a half on my main and just recently started experimenting with 1h and polearm.  Now I have a specific alt that I use to be a giant bundle of sticks, high strength - mid agi (21 - 15, 24 - 12) with a bastard sword is just pure murder.

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 24, 2013, 08:32:19 pm »
I probably should have included something about any old melee infantry being able to use a crossbow flawlessly without needing any WPF, which makes a pretty good counter to ranged and cavalry in my opinion.

Ranged counters ranged? I would be a hypocrite if I took advantage of xbows with my build. They should have requirements or there should be more incentive to put all wpf into melee
If you have ranged troubles use this: