Author Topic: Lobbyism  (Read 4787 times)

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
Re: Lobbyism
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2013, 06:13:54 am »
+4
Please can you name me some pros that  polearm class has over 2h class??

Versatility (pikes, hoplite, lance etc.)

(click to show/hide)
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2013, 08:33:49 am »
+1
Oh, you had 999 Renown, congrats on becoming a "king".

He should be "Queen"  :?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2013, 08:48:33 am »
+2

What you think is the reason why most people accused of lobbyism come from ranks of shieldless infantry?

The way I see it there are many rageposts from shieldless infantry. I kind of understand that they are frustrated sometimes when a large number of ranged is on the servers.
But I am pretty sure that shieldless infantry does not see its own weakness, or does not want to accept it which leads to a lot of QQ, or lobbyism. I hate all these shitthreads, whoever might create them. If you choose your class you need to know where its limits are, sometimes you can break them and at the end of the round you'll be awarded with a multi, maybe valour and several "GJ" from your teammates. But most of the times you will not and you will not make the game better if you go to the forum and post QQ threads where you point out how OP other classes are that you have no idea of.

Offline Haboe

• King
  • Renown: 1090
  • Infamy: 331
  • Born with a shield on my back. Difficult birth.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Haboe
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2013, 08:52:52 am »
+2
2 Handers and polearms fight face to face. They define their own skill by surviving a fight with an other player. If they get shot before they actually fight that player they see it as an unfair loss.

Those players define skill the wrong way, cause the skill of being pro in battle or siege is survival, not only vs melee, but also vs ranged.
If you get shot that means you are at the wrong location, and your battle awareness isn't perfect.

Therefore they often get pissed and blaim OP ranged for it.

Offline GuiKa

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 48
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolves
  • Game nicks: Wolves_GuiKa
« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2013, 10:41:56 am »
(click to show/hide)

/Thread

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2013, 12:03:54 pm »
+4
The problem with lobbysm is people being arrogant and ignorant. And [insert +100 bad words here cuz my english is bad and whatever]. They only recognize the kind of skill that is nessessary for playing their class.
For example, twohanders' definition of skill is manual blocking, shielders' - being able to fight in clusterfuck, archers' - shooting & positioning and so on. They just don't want to understand another classes and to realize that the game is not only about their class.
That's silly.
Every balance discussions converts into senseless posts like "I was killed today by a spearman with 2 hits, and therefore they're OP" without logic and without stating huge speedbonus or others 9000+ factors that affect damage.

PS: I never rage about game, instead I rage about dumb people  :twisted:, sorry for that.
And yet most of you guys are cool.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 12:08:00 pm by Macropus »

Offline Templar_Ratigan

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2013, 12:24:23 pm »
+4
Easy really. Cause getting stabbed in the face by a 2hhero isnt half as maddening as getting shot by some dude 500 times, who you know you can rip to shreads in less than 1second if you could catch him, but you cant.

Here lies the problem. What frustrates people is completely individual to them, true people may experience frustration over the same elements and come together to agree on the same issues in game, but that's just a series of subjective experiences masquerading as an objective fact.

From what ive observed the main problem is with peoples expectations. Too many times have I heard lines such as the one above 'Oh if I could catch him I could kill him' or 'Well if hadn't used X weapon I would not have died'.

The truth is that no one 'deserves' a kill, (unless perhaps they were in a melee/ranged fight with someone and they landed many more hits than the other but still died and even then that's just me being facetious), you earn your kills.

If someone is faster than you and is abusing this to run away and shoot you, tough monkey balls, his build counters yours in that context, but this would have to be the context of open ground. Otherwise there are other factors, such as the ground's height level, your armour and his damage, your ability to dodge with efficiency, is there any cover to hide behind or ignore him for a bit or bait such an individual with?

But should the person playing the archer HAVE to take the same risks as a melee player in that context? He's building a ranged character, isn't shooting you what he has set out to do? If a melee character is close to an archer that archer is usually dead and if said archer is skilled enough to block, attack and maybe even kill in melee with the little toothpick of a weapon that most of them have to use, surely that is a factor in favour of the archer's melee abilities too?

But then people claim that ranged characters don't have to possess the same level of skill as melee players, I see a contradiction there. After all melee isn't only skilled when melee-only characters do it, is it?

By the way i'm not saying this is your argument or mentality, but I thought they were points worth raising in general using your quote as a kick-starter.

Most of this can be alleviated by changing the expectation. In other words, don't 'expect to win' or 'expect to get a kill', instead expect that anything positive or bad can potentially happen and then gauge your position within that instant as best you can, but do not feel frustrated if said action did not produce the result you expected.

Although we are all guilty of this, myself included, it doesn't mean that it shouldn't be tried.  It's much easier to blame others than blame yourself.

Bearing in mind I play a really really fucking slow and awkward build and I spend most of my time being shot, especially on Eu 1. So I understand the frustration and ive certainly been known to go 'fucking archers' when being shot to pieces, but this is not something I carry with me in my mentality. So it does not poison the perspective I have of being considerate to another's position.

There is an issue of team balance however but this is a more difficult issue since it would be imposing restrictions on people merely for the choices they make in a game about choices. Until such a time as I log in and see the words 'Class - Archer' or 'Class - Two-hander' I do not see the relevancy of implying groupings where there are none.

True it is easier for the human brain to create groups out of random information and for the most part I don't see anything wrong with calling most bow users archers or most two handed weapon users Two-handers. But These are just simplifying terms.

It's important to remember that we don't actually have classes yet and i'm not arguing semantics here i'm actually arguing against the restrictive nature and mindset of those terms, which seem to imply an inherency in their existence that does not in fact...exist.

I'm just wary of where this module is heading in regards to such prolific opinions, not that they are wrong, only that there is always another angle to consider and I would never wish to see this game chopped up into a series of set rules and angles which would only serve to go full circle and make this mod into a poor parody of native.
He reached for his pants and grabbed the cheese, missing the bees whose honey he needs.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2013, 12:27:11 pm »
+2
I actually think we need more ranged, you can still partially see the sun through the arrows, the sky need to be completley covered for me to be satisfied.

Also killstreak Arrowrain!
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline highglandeur

• Count
  • Renown: 165
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2013, 12:45:39 pm »
+4
Fucking 2handers always crying, it's all over the forum.
Never seen poleplayers crying about polenerf, never seen an archer crying bout nerf or ghost arrow or whatever, never seen anyone crying that 2h is OP and lolstab should be removed.
Why is it that only those fucking 2 handers are spamming the forum with their QQ, fucking nubs!

Pavi is right, in medieval time arrows would pour from the sky dealing massive death like a radioactive acid rain.
Buff archery and force respec all those 2h nubs to archer!!!!

Offline MlotekPL

• Knight
  • Renown: 33
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2013, 12:54:35 pm »
+3
Viva Che Panosa! Save us from theses ******* 2h capitalists !

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2013, 01:11:03 pm »
Please can you name me some pros that  polearm class has over 2h class??

ballanced shieldbreaking, rightwing of doom, higher weaponstun chances overall, more versatile. glaive.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2013, 02:07:39 pm »
+1
ballanced shieldbreaking *Stop being stupid, 2h got that*, rightwing of doom *Yeah, poor 2h, only got every animation of doom (-the overhead), and if you use the flameberge you get the polearm rightswing*, higher weaponstun chances overall *Unless there is some formula that gives poles a higher chance (which there very well might be) then they don't beat 2hs by a real amount anyways*, more versatile *bullshit, 2h got just as much versatility as poles got if not more*. glaive *yeah, poor 2h, they only got every amazingly broken 2h sword out there, what shall they do against a glaive? Certainly not outreach it with a stab or just fight them normally, no, it is impossible to fight a glaive without getting kicked and it is such a great weapon!*.

Also, Leshma, if people are really lobbying for unfair advantages and knowing it is unfair then they're really shit at lobbying, most people actually believe the thing they're using is extremely underpowered, and find it uncomprehendable that anyone disagrees.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Tyr_

• Earl
  • Renown: 445
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player
  • Suum cuique
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tyr; Merc_Nemo; Caesar_Salad
  • IRC nick: Tyr_
« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2013, 02:21:55 pm »
+2

Archers, on the other hand, usually tend to choose good shooting positions, and somehow instinctively stick together. As a map usually has only few good shooting positions, you find a lot of archers there. The thing with archers is, that they support each other exponentially. Which means that every archer more supports all the other archers equally. The more archers there are already, the more archers the additional archer will support, which means the overall support delivered by every additional archer becomes bigger and bigger = exponential. You can see it very well in strategy games. If you reach a certain amount of Space Marines, they can kill an endless amount of charging Zerg.

Easy Solution, Add Colossi and Infestors.

(click to show/hide)

Ps: German Greatsword is still the King of all two handers, no matter what this rage-respeccers say!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 02:25:48 pm by Tyr_ »

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2013, 04:23:08 pm »
If you get shot that means you are at the wrong location, and your battle awareness isn't perfect.
I like how you casually state that if someone gets shot, it was only because they screwed up. As if that were anywhere remotely close to the truth. As if a dedicated two-hander or polearm player can somehow be expected to find cover with our map rotation, every round, from beginning to end all while actively participating in the round. Explain to me how you're supposed to do this on Random Plains maps. :?
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2013, 06:31:06 pm »
zlisch witch 2hander is ballanced and has shieldbreak ?? u mean the 1hander that can convert to 2 hander? im perplexed