Author Topic: Lobbyism  (Read 4806 times)

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
Re: Lobbyism
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2013, 10:15:57 pm »
The funny thing is i play all classes, except pure archer/thrower cause its  boring & gay, and i must say that i hate all classes. By far the gayest class is left swing spam shielders, you have to left block their bloody left swing for god sakes.
Anyhow, polearm is the biggest easymode there is, even compared to 2hers.
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2013, 10:16:05 pm »
+2
:shock: tldr

(click to show/hide)

The question was a one liner, yet everything else but simple. I hope you agree that you can't discuss it within a few sentences. And if you try, a lot of people will jump up and accuse you of lobyying against their class, implying that it needs less skills. I guess even now some archers will jump up and ask me how I can say that they don't need to be aware of the battlefield and whatnot. (Btw the answer is: you do, but not as much as infnatry has to. This does NOT mean your class is easier to play overall.).

What a surprise.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 10:33:13 pm by Joker86 »
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2013, 10:20:43 pm »
+2
The question was a one liner, yet everything else but simple. I hope you agree that you can't discuss it within a few sentences.

Look at my post again :)

----

To XyNox....not butthurt because I know archery is hard as shit 1v1.

Joker's point is that a hill of archers is force multiplicative....its not 1 archer that causes issues and makes people call for nerfs.
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline IG_Saint

• Count
  • Renown: 196
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: IG
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2013, 10:26:47 pm »
+5
I have a serious issue against 2handers.

They get on my nerves.

You mean you have a serious issue with a handful of 2 handed players who bitch on the forum a lot. Most two handers just play the damn game, rather than whine about every supposed issue. Hate the players not the class. Except horse archers, they deserve all the hate they get :wink:.

In response to Joker's too long post: Give people a small extra reward (gold or xp, maybe score though I think that'll be less effective) for killing their own class. I'd base the classes on wpf and riding skill. Cav will go after cav instead of spawnraping or backstabbing, ranged will concentrate on taking out the enemies ranged resulting in less fire against melee or cav and lastly melee might finally stop pointlessly chasing after ranged and cav. The result will be a more fun metagame for everyone.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2013, 10:29:35 pm »
Cav will still go after spawn/occupied infantry because I imagine that the reward for 3 cav 2 infantry would be substantially less then 8 or so infantry (which is an easier number and helps secure a multi), but sure I imagine it would help a bit.

Things get a bit confusing for me though considering battle must be balanced differently then siege and yet be of comparable rewards to each other.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2013, 10:33:04 pm »
The funny thing is i play all classes, except pure archer/thrower cause its  boring & gay, and i must say that i hate all classes. By far the gayest class is left swing spam shielders, you have to left block their bloody left swing for god sakes.
Anyhow, polearm is the biggest easymode there is, even compared to 2hers.

Amazing how I feel exactly the same. Pure classes are rubbish and gay. I think the reason why polearms are somewhat easy to some cause they can really stun alot of blocks made by 2hs.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2013, 10:33:43 pm »
+1
You mean you have a serious issue with a handful of 2 handed players who bitch on the forum a lot. Most two handers just play the damn game, rather than whine about every supposed issue. Hate the players not the class. Except horse archers, they deserve all the hate they get :wink:.

In response to Joker's too long post: Give people a small extra reward (gold or xp, maybe score though I think that'll be less effective) for killing their own class. I'd base the classes on wpf and riding skill. Cav will go after cav instead of spawnraping or backstabbing, ranged will concentrate on taking out the enemies ranged resulting in less fire against melee or cav and lastly melee might finally stop pointlessly chasing after ranged and cav. The result will be a more fun metagame for everyone.

I hate 2handers. Because most ones who go 2handers can block. And since it's easy to block since combat speed is so slow = Their chances of killing me is 20% higher. I'd rather face a polearmer.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Hunter_the_Honourable

• Count
  • Renown: 229
  • Infamy: 178
  • Killing fairy riders for the good of cRPG.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-fairy riders.
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2013, 10:35:29 pm »
I hate 2handers. Because most ones who go 2handers can block. And since it's easy to block since combat speed is so slow = Their chances of killing me is 20% higher. I'd rather face a polearmer.

only because a majority of players and classes are better then polearmer's :P
How can you trust People?
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2013, 10:37:50 pm »
- 2handers whine that cavalry is OP, lets nerf lance damage and give couch damage max 20 points
- 2handers whine about throwing how OP it is lets nerf it to the bone
Whoa! Stop it. Who is that 2h whining at cav lol. 2h is the easiest vs cav

Also where is that 2h whining at throwing? If you are just talking about that over 1 year ago madness with throwing flying everywhere when everybody was a hybrid with throwing it's a bit outdated.

(click to show/hide)

Skyrim UI

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2013, 10:37:54 pm »
+2
(click to show/hide)
. Melees however, whenever there is a balancing discussion about ranged, dont even seem to know the basics of archery. I cant imagine a single person ( honestly ) saying that archery is easier than a melee class and still everyone is calling for nerfs.
(click to show/hide)

Xynox, you don't get the point. Melee players, including me, don't care if being an archer is easier or harder than being 2h, polearmer or shielder. They just hate range spam. 1 archer is hardly OP, can not deny, but when server is full of range no one cares how hard it is to get decent KDR as an archer. The only soultion to this problem I can imagine is limit of range players on the server (it will never happen ofc).   

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2013, 10:44:08 pm »
+6
nerf 2h

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Polobow

• Count
  • Renown: 267
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: SoA
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2013, 10:44:22 pm »
They get on my nerves.

Especially with the weapons they use.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2013, 10:46:22 pm »
+2
Amazing how I feel exactly the same. Pure classes are rubbish and gay. I think the reason why polearms are somewhat easy to some cause they can really stun alot of blocks made by 2hs.
i cant put my hand onit either but there is something about polearms that really makes it easy, i think its greatly due to the animation being very spam viable.. And i do play pure classes, just not for more then an hour a day, then it gets boring I always laugh when i see people who, wheni started playing 8 months ago, still use the same class to this date, and still fail at it. ^^

I have.. 14 alts that are 21+ differing from 12/21 16/18 tribrids to 27/9 swashbucklers.
Honestly i probably woldnt even made a generation if there werent alts to play on, or id go Wiltzu on the respec button..
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline IG_Saint

• Count
  • Renown: 196
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: IG
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2013, 10:47:06 pm »
+1
Cav will still go after spawn/occupied infantry because I imagine that the reward for 3 cav 2 infantry would be substantially less then 8 or so infantry (which is an easier number and helps secure a multi), but sure I imagine it would help a bit.

Things get a bit confusing for me though considering battle must be balanced differently then siege and yet be of comparable rewards to each other.

Hopefully if something like what I suggested ever gets implemented it would be a part of the long awaited multi removal and xp/gold overhaul.

I hadn't actually thought of siege, just battle, but instead of the above suggestion I would give extra rewards for completing objectives in siege. Opening gates, destroying doors, capturing the flag etc. Especially with the (again) long awaited siege 2.0, I think that would work fine.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2013, 10:53:12 pm »
+1
Sensible games have class limits otherwise you get tons of snipers. The only way I could see it working here is with bow/xbow limits based on how many slots are being used on the server. So 60 slots used = 5 bows/xbows per team or something. Like in Strat where you select pre-defined gear, there would be like 5 per round

It wouldn't be fair on people who's class is made for ranged play though, but maybe people would be encouraged to account for that and go with more hybrid style builds. I'd support buffs to hybrids if there was some equipment limits

I know it won't happen, just an idea :D
If you have ranged troubles use this: