Author Topic: The Coalition Marches Onward  (Read 11359 times)

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
Re: The Coalition Marches Onward
« Reply #60 on: October 29, 2012, 03:21:08 am »
+3

Then, we have been set upon by the Free Companies. A move we long foresaw, but were grimly unprepared for.

This is what I don't get.  You have had no battles other than against 1 6-man clan over 1 village for the entire 2 months of strategus, you built up 5000+ troops (more than we had even before we lost 1200 we sent into Hospitaller lands), you have been doing long-distance trading.  Now you are losing because you are unprepared???  What were you doing this entire time??  Maybe its better that some more active clans that will make better use of fiefs and resources and play a more active role in strategus replace KUTT in the snow.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline To Kill A Dead Horse

• Count
  • Renown: 173
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • May be insane
    • View Profile
  • Faction: (Former) The Black Guard, (Current) Swiss AoW
  • Game nicks: To_Kill_A_Dead_Horse, GaugofWar
  • IRC nick: TKADH
« Reply #61 on: October 29, 2012, 03:43:48 am »
Just going to say that I did nothing to make Na fallen an enemy.
ALSO: FCC, its very hard to defend a village against you when its basicly what 2 people could scrap together on defense (Swiss clan fuck yeah) . All I hope is the rest of KUTT land has gear for their troops.
Quote from: Baggy
If your going to be staring at your characters ass in game all day it might as well be a female one.
[21:08:47] Downloading Textures/this_is_how_children_see_gnjus_norm.dds

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 237
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 29, 2012, 04:39:07 am »
woot i get to pillage Fallen again.  :twisted:

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded
Tydeus - Nord EU Scum - Hates adminning

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #63 on: October 29, 2012, 04:55:17 am »
This is what I don't get.  You have had no battles other than against 1 6-man clan over 1 village for the entire 2 months of strategus, you built up 5000+ troops (more than we had even before we lost 1200 we sent into Hospitaller lands), you have been doing long-distance trading.  Now you are losing because you are unprepared???  What were you doing this entire time??  Maybe its better that some more active clans that will make better use of fiefs and resources and play a more active role in strategus replace KUTT in the snow.

Of 40 KUTT members, 11 of us were active.

Myself
Tugboat
KillerofFlowers
Dutchy
Adrian
RJ
DooM
Desirable
Wolfgang
Slim

Edit: (sorry for forgetting a few names, was late!)

Hell, I can't really think of an 8th. Everyone else dilly-dallied for a long time. So while we look big, the reason you guys are seeing such largely undefended fiefs is us not having people to run the gear in timely manners. Our 3 active traders, all have been attacked. We just spread ourselves too thin, and didn't have people serious in Strategus enough to really make a difference despite our large appearance.

Despite numerous meetings and calling people out on not helping in Strategus, most people did nothing. People have/had fiefs that didn't deserve them, and made little effort to see them garrisoned appropriately. Just refer to my RP post, pretty much just highlights my displeasure with our ability to put together a good strat campaign. We deserved to be wiped, can't run a machine with only 20% of the parts it needs to make it functional, and unfortunately that's what our campaign has been.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 04:19:45 pm by Tank Burner »
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

Offline Warcat

• Earl
  • Renown: 396
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Warcat_ Village_Elder Merchant_of_Tulga Tavern_Keeper Guild_Master Ramun_The_Slave_Trader
« Reply #64 on: October 29, 2012, 05:10:38 am »
+4
I know not even all Fallens would agree with me on this, but as far as I'm concerned, a good city fight is reason enough reason to attack someone. Been wanting us to burn Praven to the ground since strat 1. Part of the reason I don't really involve myself in all this diplomacy hoopla. Would rather spend my cRPG related time causing rage on the servers.
In memory of Fallen_Warcat_, member of Fallen Brigade, ruler of Zagush
Tavern_Keeper #1 NA shielder
Strategus City Improvement Project

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #65 on: October 29, 2012, 05:36:59 am »
+3
Of 40 KUTT members, 8 of us were active.

Myself
Tugboat
KillerofFlowers
Dutchy
Adrian
RJ
DooM

Forgot Desire, one of your most active traders who also deserved a fief.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline ildist

• Earl
  • Renown: 414
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
  • hehexd
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS, THE MATES
  • Game nicks: Ildist_of_Chaos
« Reply #66 on: October 29, 2012, 06:05:01 am »
+1
You should totally give ildist and mates sumbuja, kesh.  :D
Malaclypse: now every time I eat them I think about her that girl's snatch
Malaclypse: it tortures me
That Guy: wat

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #67 on: October 29, 2012, 06:10:46 am »
 I think NH coulda taken out KUTT they are so disorganized

Offline Lemmy_Winks

• Count
  • Renown: 241
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lemmy_Winks
« Reply #68 on: October 29, 2012, 06:53:06 am »
There is probabbly more active players in NH or HP than kutt if what tanken says is true. Theres the size of the clan, and then there is the number of people who are actually participating in strat.

Offline TugBoat

• Earl
  • Renown: 430
  • Infamy: 211
  • cRPG Player
  • TotallyTugBoat on Steam
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOAT CLAN
  • Game nicks: TugBOAT
« Reply #69 on: October 29, 2012, 06:59:00 am »
I disagree with Tanken as to why we were not prepared. Yes we had a certain handful of people who were MOST active, but the main issue was that the majority of our traders had bad luck because of S&D.

We would go towards places to buy goods, the S&D would get drained right before we got there, and we'd wait around for days until we could buy. Then we'd return home, and moments before we were to sell the S&D would get drained. I think that being unprepared in regards to prosperity at home played into not being prepared, and plain bad luck as far as going out and trading.

I've been by myself in Reyvadin pretty much since we got it. I recruited a ton of troops, almost all by myself, and got some sweet gear just off of tax revenue.

Many of the other fief owners sat around and expected things to be brought to them. Of course bringing things to them was part of the plan, but they should have been preparing themselves. People werent' recruiting appropriately or spending their money appropriately, and a lot of this was due to the inexperience of some of the fief owners. That's not an excuse though. Reyvadin is my first fief and I figured it out.

When FCC invaded a lot of people panicked, ran in various directions, attacked various people, attack orders were given that weren't thought out too well. That was just a chain of tiny mistakes.

All that being said, FCC has a shit ton of more active strat experienced members than we do, so even without the mistakes or the mismanagement it would have happened the same basically.

Anyways getting back on track:

Yes, Tears, you did have a trade agreement with us. You told Dutchy you'd help him get safely to KUTT territory and he could drop some goods in your castle, then when he gets there you take the goods, boot him from the fief and attack him. You make me sick. If you weren't such a coward or playing on EU server I'd love killing you repeatedly. I guess you're content to hide behind your faux "evil" theme in order to justify being a sneeky backstabbing ass hole. Good day to you sir.

I think NH coulda taken out KUTT they are so disorganized

BOAT clan could beat NH and I'm the only active member of BOAT clan. Don't kid yourself.

Offline The_Slim

• Count
  • Renown: 220
  • Infamy: 39
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lost Legion
  • Game nicks: LL_MAGIC_MISSILE LL_Slim GroundfaultCircuitInterruptr LL_DragonBallzDeep Butlerhands
« Reply #70 on: October 29, 2012, 07:06:50 am »
+2
Of 40 KUTT members, 8 of us were active.

Myself
Tugboat
KillerofFlowers
Dutchy
Adrian
RJ
DooM

Feeling left out bro, and it hurts :(

Recruited around 500 troops
Acquired about 75,000 gold worth of equipment from trading
Gave out about 30,000 straight gold from trading

Going to go cry myself to sleep.

Offline Warcat

• Earl
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Warcat_ Village_Elder Merchant_of_Tulga Tavern_Keeper Guild_Master Ramun_The_Slave_Trader
« Reply #71 on: October 29, 2012, 07:09:52 am »
+4

Yes, Tears, you did have a trade agreement with us. You told Dutchy you'd help him get safely to KUTT territory and he could drop some goods in your castle, then when he gets there you take the goods, boot him from the fief and attack him. You make me sick. If you weren't such a coward or playing on EU server I'd love killing you repeatedly. I guess you're content to hide behind your faux "evil" theme in order to justify being a sneeky backstabbing ass hole. Good day to you sir.

BOAT clan could beat NH and I'm the only active member of BOAT clan. Don't kid yourself.

Offline TugBoat

• Earl
  • Renown: 430
  • Infamy: 211
  • cRPG Player
  • TotallyTugBoat on Steam
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOAT CLAN
  • Game nicks: TugBOAT
« Reply #72 on: October 29, 2012, 07:12:44 am »

BOAT clan has been dark side since its inception, but even the dark side can have honor and honesty which is something Fallen and their coalition friends apparently lack.

Offline Warcat

• Earl
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 29, 2012, 07:22:37 am »
+2
Honesty I can approve of in real life situations, don't much care about it in a video game. As for honor, seems like a bit of an archaic value to me. The type of thing that Japanese pilots used as a reason for flying their planes into enemy ships.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #74 on: October 29, 2012, 07:47:13 am »
Oh dear... Oh my...

Oh dear oh my  :(

You can say what you want Tears and try to hide behind being humorous or following Fallen doctrine, but don't try to be nice to me anymore because you're on my shit list.
My apologies, but you have no authority to order me to stop being nice to you, I shall always like you even if I have upset you so much over Strategus. I am just sorry to see you in such a state and be yet another leader claimed by the byzantine politics that Strategus is infamous for.
You are a scoundrel and deserve to be quartered.
I would have it no other way.
I would challenge you to one on one single combat but we all know you're far too much of a coward.
Actually the servers know me full well for never being a coward in the actual battle/siege. I've regularly and gleefully met my death many times, even if I've had nothing but a +3 Elders Stick to defend myself with. If it really would make you feel better by murdering me (because I am absolutely terrible at this game, so it really should not take all that much effort from you) then I would be more then happy to join the Duel Server when we are both free and have you kill me as much as you would like... Well, within reason, I'll likely get bored after you kill me for the 100th time. We can even record it and post it to the entire forums if you wish, to prove that you can defeat someone of my... ah... Caliber.
I may be terrible, but I am not a coward. So please, my good and distressed TugBoat, would you like to meet me on the duel server, say... Wed night, about 2100 Eastern time? Just tell me what character you would like me to bring, a shielder, cav, polearm, etc.
The 2 weeks I personolly worked with fallen were fairly enjoyable to say the least. They send us a hand ful of mercs while they take thousands of our S/D without even bothering to ask! I would have said yes but they dont even care!

Even when I message them they just ignore you!     I hope NA enjoys having these kinds of neighbors, they deserve each other.
Well to be perfectly blunt you are a fool of a took  :wink:  Even when we, the Fallen, were perfectly civil you were always rather rude to us in TeamSpeak, so no love lost there good sir. Additionally, who exactly did you message? I have kept literally ever single message ever sent to me, and every single message I've ever sent on these oh-so-lulzy forums, and I dare say I don't have a single message from you... So if you want to contact us... Don't message random people? Every single Hospitaller that has PMed me on the forums I have responded to, though my favorite is Valdian, he was always super easy to talk to and always approached us properly.
Of course we're going to whine when we think you're our friends and declare war on us without even talking to us, especially singling me out when I did nothing wrong to anyone in Fallen. I am not even being given the option of an honor duel.
Erm, Honor Duel? First off you are tragically mistaken if you think any Fallen is going to issue an honor duel to anyone other then another Fallen, apparently we need to emphasize our reputation more often and much more strongly, maybe this war is a really good thing after all if people now think of us as those to ask for duels... =\ Secondly a few of our members unfortunately think you have indeed wronged them.
Just going to say that I did nothing to make Na fallen an enemy.
I completely agree, Swiss has never done us any wrong.
woot i get to pillage Fallen again.  :twisted:
Yes you do! It will be just like the good-old days again <3
If you weren't such a coward or playing on EU server I'd love killing you repeatedly.
Well, again, I've never been known to be a coward in battle, last night the FCC can personally attest to how many times I thrown myself carelessly into danger to protect them (And amusingly 80% of my deaths were from my internet DCing me  :lol: ), so again, see above if you really do wish to kill me.
Also, I'm insulted that you know us so poorly as to think I am EU. So many stereotypes, tsk tsk, is it any wonder a few Fallen are itching for war?  :wink:
BOAT clan has been dark side since its inception, but even the dark side can have honor and honesty which is something Fallen and their coalition friends apparently lack.
The more I read your expectations of us, the more I'm glad we initiated this war... Apparently The Fallen Brigade have done an absolutely piss-poor job as of late properly roleplaying... All EU? All Duelists? All Honorable? Gah... Your accusations make me sick... I want to throw up =S

I should have known that an alliance with knights would be a bad thing, those silly notions of Honor is what gets good men killed on the battlefield...

[[OOC: I do hope that you are RPing merrily as a disgruntled ruler and are not actually this upset over things =\ <3 best of wishes to you and your clan, Fallen always did love seeing you guys when you first hit the servers, great teamwork clan! My favorite color is also royal purple!
 While Honesty and Honor are great and marvelous things in real life, seeing as this is a wargame on the internet about silly horses I would rather have fun, sorry for ruining your game good chap, here is wishing that you'd fight another Knight clan! Perhaps if you had fought Hospitaller instead of allied with them, then you could have an honourable war... But allying with all of those honorable gents will obviously leave nothing but dishonorable or 'practical' foes left =\
In another online game I roleplay a silly honorable gent, but this silly online game I do anything but that, and I do hope you take our c-RPG theme a bit more seriously in mind next time and Strategus as a whole less seriously.]]

EDIT: Really now, of course our leadership will think we are in the right and you in the wrong, and your leadership will think that you are in the right and us in the wrong, I would be surprised if it was any other way.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 07:52:34 am by Tears of Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.