Author Topic: The Coalition Marches Onward  (Read 11360 times)

Offline Warcat

• Earl
  • Renown: 396
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Warcat_ Village_Elder Merchant_of_Tulga Tavern_Keeper Guild_Master Ramun_The_Slave_Trader
Re: The Coalition Marches Onward
« Reply #90 on: October 29, 2012, 08:58:09 am »
+2
Didn't catch the aformentioned time, but you are right that we should record it. For it will be very long and painful.
In memory of Fallen_Warcat_, member of Fallen Brigade, ruler of Zagush
Tavern_Keeper #1 NA shielder
Strategus City Improvement Project

Offline TugBoat

• Earl
  • Renown: 430
  • Infamy: 211
  • cRPG Player
  • TotallyTugBoat on Steam
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOAT CLAN
  • Game nicks: TugBOAT
« Reply #91 on: October 29, 2012, 09:08:56 am »
+4
Didn't catch the aformentioned time, but you are right that we should record it. For it will be very long and painful.

Why are you talking to yourself? Driven mad by the guilt of betraying BOAT clan ?

Offline Warcat

• Earl
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Warcat_ Village_Elder Merchant_of_Tulga Tavern_Keeper Guild_Master Ramun_The_Slave_Trader
« Reply #92 on: October 29, 2012, 09:10:36 am »
+2
We're all mad in our own special way. Sorry about the multiposting.

Offline Muki

• Earl
  • Renown: 455
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • 偽善正義
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Exile
  • Game nicks: Muki
  • IRC nick: Muki, Muki39
« Reply #93 on: October 29, 2012, 09:14:37 am »
+3
7 pages already lets get it to 13 :D

Through the chats in here are pretty good
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

As a volunteer admin I clearly have no life and live only to eradicate all fun and enjoyment from the game. Your tears of rage are all the payment I need.
Yes I drew most of my avatars

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #94 on: October 29, 2012, 09:20:53 am »
+1
Let it be known that the cowardly Tugboat had to use the plea of insanity to avoid my call for a duel and to avoid me calling his bluff! Luckily Warcat shall be a most excellent second! ^^
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Warcat

• Earl
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 29, 2012, 10:38:19 am »
+1
7 pages already lets get it to 13 :D

Through the chats in here are pretty good
More posting!

Offline Gristle

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
« Reply #96 on: October 29, 2012, 12:31:47 pm »
Of 40 KUTT members, 8 of us were active.

Myself
Tugboat
KillerofFlowers
Dutchy
Adrian
RJ
DooM

Hell, I can't really think of an 8th. Everyone else dilly-dallied for a long time. So while we look big, the reason you guys are seeing such largely undefended fiefs is us not having people to run the gear in timely manners. Our 3 active traders, all have been attacked. We just spread ourselves too thin, and didn't have people serious in Strategus enough to really make a difference despite our large appearance.

Despite numerous meetings and calling people out on not helping in Strategus, most people did nothing. People have/had fiefs that didn't deserve them, and made little effort to see them garrisoned appropriately. Just refer to my RP post, pretty much just highlights my displeasure with our ability to put together a good strat campaign. We deserved to be wiped, can't run a machine with only 20% of the parts it needs to make it functional, and unfortunately that's what our campaign has been.

Aha. This is, honestly, music to my ears. How familiar this all sounds. Most of your faction just can't seem to be interested in strategus? 40+ members and no one around when you really need them? While the situation is not exactly the same, you may now gain a slightly better understanding of FCC during Strategus 3. How many times have you brought that up? How many times have you mentioned our past disinterest in strategus? Now you can't even get your own clan to care? At least we all agreed, as a faction, to stop, and it was in fact a lack of war that bored us out of strategus 3 and into other games. Would you like to continue calling FCC quitters, or is it KUTT who has now quit?

Well, I promise to never bring it up again if you manage to recover, but for now there's hell to pay. Admitting to being a paper tiger is a sure invitation to the vultures, and they are coming. Tell me, how many fiefs do you think a clan with only 8 active members deserves? i guess we'll find out.

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #97 on: October 29, 2012, 01:04:20 pm »
+2
Siege is so hard these days

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #98 on: October 29, 2012, 01:56:06 pm »
+2
Forgot Desire, one of your most active traders who also deserved a fief.

Can I have New Sargoth  :twisted:

Your village with the best name is  Kwynn.
Our village with the best name is Karindi.

Just my opinion! but I still want Sargoth!

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #99 on: October 29, 2012, 02:16:27 pm »
+1
Aha. This is, honestly, music to my ears. How familiar this all sounds. Most of your faction just can't seem to be interested in strategus? 40+ members and no one around when you really need them? While the situation is not exactly the same, you may now gain a slightly better understanding of FCC during Strategus 3. How many times have you brought that up? How many times have you mentioned our past disinterest in strategus? Now you can't even get your own clan to care? At least we all agreed, as a faction, to stop, and it was in fact a lack of war that bored us out of strategus 3 and into other games. Would you like to continue calling FCC quitters, or is it KUTT who has now quit?

Well, I promise to never bring it up again if you manage to recover, but for now there's hell to pay. Admitting to being a paper tiger is a sure invitation to the vultures, and they are coming. Tell me, how many fiefs do you think a clan with only 8 active members deserves? i guess we'll find out.

When I went to bed I realized I had forgot a few names such as Wolfgang, Desirable, and Slim. I've only mentioned the quit twice, and it was directed at Kesh if I remember right. It's been this way since the beginning of strategus. And never did I say we were oh so powerful, we didn't go declaring war, and I think that makes sense now that I've pretty much come clean as to why we are sucking atm.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

Offline Gristle

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
« Reply #100 on: October 29, 2012, 02:32:53 pm »
+2
That's two too many for someone that wasn't even involved! If you say something about FCC's activities as a whole, it's directed at each member of FCC. It's not like Kesh is the only member that stopped playing during that time. I wasn't joking when I said that particular issue was the one and only point I took offense to, and I'll make sure the offense is paid in blood! All I ask is that you have a good showing at the battles worth fighting for in the coming days.

(don't be so defeatist, man. We gotta get more pages outa this)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 03:09:31 pm by Gristle »

Offline Rikthor

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOARD Clan
  • Game nicks: Historian_Rikthorrr
« Reply #101 on: October 29, 2012, 03:24:44 pm »
+4
That's two too many for someone that wasn't even involved! If you say something about FCC's activities as a whole, it's directed at each member of FCC. It's not like Kesh is the only member that stopped playing during that time. I wasn't joking when I said that particular issue was the one and only point I took offense to, and I'll make sure the offense is paid in blood! All I ask is that you have a good showing at the battles worth fighting for in the coming days.

(don't be so defeatist, man. We gotta get more pages outa this)

Man we lost so many goons, myself included at the beginning of strat 3 it wasn't even funny thanks to Strategus 3: chadzonomics and the Crafting Simulation Game
Quote from: chadz
No matter how long you guys cry - I will not give in to dumbing strategus down because some people just want battles. If all you want are battles, then play cRPG, not strat. There are other people who like advanced gameplay.

Trolololololol

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #102 on: October 29, 2012, 03:48:46 pm »
No idea what Hospitaller was thinking in allying KUTT, such a trainwreck playing out here.

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #103 on: October 29, 2012, 04:02:08 pm »
No idea what Hospitaller was thinking in allying KUTT, such a trainwreck playing out here.

Turbo, please, let us not remind the forums here how your clan got shutout 15-0 in a 3 map, first to 5 each map scrim against us in your server, with your rules against KUTT. Oh wait, guess we just did.

You guys only went to war with Hospitallers because they wouldn't ally with you guys against us, and with such a weak showing in last strategus, it's no wonder they chose differently.

I was involved in Strat 3 Gristle, at the time I was in LL which were apart of Hospitaller and am basing what I say almost entirely 3rd party off of what others say. So, I may be misinformed, but this is the way it was always presented to me, and until recently that was the first time any of you stood up and said differently about it and since then I have stopped. Up until then, I was only taught it was a GTX, so forgive my ignorance to your side of the story.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

Offline TugBoat

• Earl
  • Renown: 430
  • Infamy: 211
  • cRPG Player
  • TotallyTugBoat on Steam
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOAT CLAN
  • Game nicks: TugBOAT
« Reply #104 on: October 29, 2012, 04:20:50 pm »
I still disagree with tanken about the "Paper Tiger". I think the lack of preparedness in the villages was mostly due to bad luck in trades because of the new S&D system.