Author Topic: The Coalition Marches Onward  (Read 10959 times)

Offline TugBoat

• Earl
  • Renown: 430
  • Infamy: 211
  • cRPG Player
  • TotallyTugBoat on Steam
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOAT CLAN
  • Game nicks: TugBOAT
Re: The Coalition Marches Onward
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2012, 11:09:18 pm »
lol he posted spoilers? glad i don't read his pointless posts anymore. But he he should get a warning or ban for that. Not like he's completely derailing the thread as well.

Don't read anything Smooth has to say. He's completely idiotic about pretty much everything. Once again he dodges my main point in a discussion to try to appear intelligent.

My main point, was, the fact that he stepped down from being the Hand and refused the King's summons to war is an act of war in and of itself, and there were many houses who stayed out of the fight who had less reason to hold loyalties to the king. Many of House Arryn's bannermen stayed out of the fight despite their Lord's order, the Freys stayed out of it despite being sworn to the Riverlords who were on the side of the Starks.

Lannister's played a much larger part in the war than many of the houses despite probably having more reason to be loyal than most due to Tywin's post. Calling them opportunistic is ridiculous, especially since Tywin had the chance, as did Ned, to claim the throne, and they didn't.  If he had stayed out of the fight, showed up in time for Jaime to kill the king, and then claimed the throne for himself, that would be opportunistic.

Smooth do you even know what the word opportunistic means?

TL;DR - Tears is a Frey, not a Lannister.

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2012, 11:13:30 pm »
The attack was a mistake. However, you reneged on the deal not us. The deal was that you would make sure that no one would sign up for the battle and we would return your crap. I signed up for that battle and so pray tell why then did we have to slaughter a bunch of people, so that is entirely your fault and you reneged, not us.
This does NOT look like an empty roster.

I was originally told to just fight it out by smiling daemon. He asked me on steam if I could not show up for the battle, so I unassigned all my guys and went to sleep. Considering I am the only person that can change the roster, and it was empty when I went to bed I can't really say what happened, other then there was some sort of bug. You can probably see this is the case in your screenshot because I am still accepted to the battle, and didn't show up. Why exactly would I want to take a hit to my reliability?

But I could really see what was asked of me to do as a favor to speed things up would be reneging on a deal. And I am sure those six peasants who showed up that didn't kill any of your men was a real hindrance.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2012, 11:18:11 pm »
+3
If you leave the roster completely empty now an auto-hiring feature kicks in.  You have to hire 1 person and you can avoid this.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2012, 11:32:57 pm »
+1
Serious business
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Warcat

• Earl
  • Renown: 396
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Warcat_ Village_Elder Merchant_of_Tulga Tavern_Keeper Guild_Master Ramun_The_Slave_Trader
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2012, 11:38:17 pm »
+2
Spreading the trade of evil Zagush kittens is very serious business.
In memory of Fallen_Warcat_, member of Fallen Brigade, ruler of Zagush
Tavern_Keeper #1 NA shielder
Strategus City Improvement Project

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2012, 11:41:04 pm »
+2
Angriff
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Smiling Daemon

• Baron
  • Renown: 107
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2012, 11:43:10 pm »
+1
TL;DR - Tears is a Frey, not a Lannister.

This I can confirm, Tears have many wives and I had to agree to marry one of his daughters just to get him to be my diplomat  :? .
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline TugBoat

• Earl
  • Renown: 430
  • Infamy: 211
  • cRPG Player
  • TotallyTugBoat on Steam
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOAT CLAN
  • Game nicks: TugBOAT
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2012, 12:09:06 am »
+1
This I can confirm, Tears have many wives and I had to agree to marry one of his daughters just to get him to be my diplomat  :? .

How does Tears get any wives by being a dirty two faced back stabber? Hangs out with us yesterday and plays karaoke, trades with us, works  with us, has good relations and then stabs me in the back? Tears is gaining enemies, not wives!

Offline Lordark

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player
  • Please respect all admins and thier decisions.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Solo
  • Game nicks: Lordark
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2012, 12:16:48 am »
+3
Remember children that the Fallen clan is the only truley ;eevil' clan in strat so renegging on ANY deal is Allowed and thus Promoted by the '

RP'ing code of conduct. Basically its their get of out any situation free card. Just FYI.
Never forget the day Dragons came to Calradia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfLxHJY0lQI&feature=related
My personal theme song, We will never surrender!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg1xqAjQ5e4

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2012, 12:18:29 am »
+14
The great Dictator of the Tundra sat heavily at his wobbly throne. His ears filled with banter and shouts and arguments across the chamber before him as many advisers spewed filth from their mouth towards him. His crown slumped to the side as his cheek sank deeper to the knuckle of his clenched hand. A chilled wind whipped across the stone walls and flickered the dimly lit candles of the room. As the men continued talking, rolling parchment out, and fiercely stabbing at locations upon maps and arguing with one another, the man would lift his hand and a hush would fall upon the chamber. Many moments would pass as the advisers and noblemen of each house stood to listen to what he had to say.

Slowly, he would rise, his face solemn and grave, pale in contrast to its merry appearance not many weeks prior. His heavy brows would shadow his eyes as his hand left his cheek and he sat straight before the men.

"Brothers," he would begin, though those in the room knew they were not always equal and the term was used faintly. "I hear your pleas, I hear your concerns. My advisers, hold your tongue as I speak, as I shall clear these false claims and accusations with one fell-swoop of my words. These men of the Coalition, what have we done to them? On two occasions, mark you, two occasions we have attacked their traders in our territory. We have clearly stated our intentions of trade, and made it known. The man we held captive, what was his name.." he would pause a moment and continue, "Sir AdalWulf of the Holy Roman Empire, ah yes. The man whom plundered goods from a fief without request and then attempted to flee to the mountains."

He would stand, his heavy fur-ridden boots barely held up by thin straps wrapped around his toned calves as his fur shawl fell to the floor and dragged behind him. "There was no compensation for this, I am afraid. I had thought it were made clear of the mistake they made." his hand would reach to a bowl of water on a nearby stand and he would begin to run his hands through it. "The other, a man whom approached our gates of Yruma, sodden with goods we ourselves could not make way in our economy to purchase. What did we do? We reached out, for near half a day to many of these Fallen clan, only to be directed to their near settlement, in which no reply was ever given in due time. I gave the order to attack, we took the man captive, and held his cargo.

"We held this, all 2,000 kilos or so of goods, for some time, awaiting them to arrive. Then, we have been set upon by the Free Companies. A move we long foresaw, but were grimly unprepared for. I was told that the Lord of Yruma in haste to prepare himself for this war sold some kilos of goods, a near thirty percent or so, to which I sent my apologies to the Fallen clan nearby. We have offered to ship them three hundred of our finest goods, and have already returned the goods as well as allowed these men to take use of our mercantile network since this took place."

He would stop a moment, cupping water in the bowl and splashing it to his face to wash himself. A sharp breath of air escaped his dry, cracked lips as he stood front again. "We have been fair to these men, we have opened our doors to them, we have sent our finest warriors to aid them in battle even against long standing good relationships with the men of Chaos. And these men, with nothing in their eyes except greed and false-pretense march upon us? What cowards." he would say as he sauntered back to the throne and placed himself upon it, his fur shawl practically melting over the sides.

Discontent filled the room as noblemen shifted uneasily in their seats and their squires tended to them. Advisers, once angry with banter now saw their lord truly frightened.

"We have barely enough food to ration for four establishments, yet we attempt to feed the mouths in nine. Our men, more than we have to clothe, will soon fight naked with nothing but stone and stick against a foe much better suited than ourselves. Our horses are slaughtered to feed starving troops, and the dead stripped of what they have to aid those still living. These are dark times my brothers.. dark times." His large hairy hand would caress half his face as his good eye peered out between parted fingertips. "Let them come. Our men will fall. Talks of peace are beyond us now. I had sworn to these Fallen men even the claim to Ulburban when our foothold was reclaimed. But it is of no use, they want more."

He would motion to a man to the side who brought forth parchment, ink, and quill and lowered himself before the Dictator. "Write as I have said," he would say before lowering his hand to rest upon his lap and face the nobles and advisers. "Those of you whom stay, you will parish alongside me. Our steel is not the strength it once was brothers. I have failed to prepare us for the Winter, and I will fight to my dying breath with grievance in my soul for doing so. To the west, the passage is foul, but new life exists beyond those mountains. The Knights of the Tundra will soon see our demise, and any man whom shall falter with not see themselves hunted nor their heirs be persecuted. I leave to you this, stand with me, and die with honor, or flee as you will and take nothing with you but the memory of what brave men and Knights will be buried beneath this Tundra."
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

Offline In Cauda Venenum

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 21
  • not actually gay
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: Saturn_of_Chaos
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2012, 12:22:43 am »
+2
I leave to you this, stand with me, and die with honor, or flee as you will and take nothing with you but the memory of what brave men and Knights will be buried beneath this Tundra."
LOL NVM NO .gifs ALLOWED
but really, this whole business is gay, i just want a sweet title when i go into battle, that's all.
let me keep my fief if huey's reading this because i'm a cool guy
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 12:29:12 am by In Cauda Venenum »

Offline Gristle

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2012, 12:32:53 am »
+7
Fallen are villains. This is a classic villain maneuver. I approve.

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2012, 12:39:00 am »
+1
You ate all my horses tanken  :cry: Which will certainly lead to my demise!

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2012, 12:41:56 am »
Remember children that the Fallen clan is the only truley ;eevil' clan in strat so renegging on ANY deal is Allowed and thus Promoted by the '

RP'ing code of conduct. Basically its their get of out any situation free card. Just FYI.

My good sir, we did not reneg on any deal with KUTT.

The only deal we had with KUTT was a Trade Deal. That is it, that is literally the only deal, beyond that we were simply peaceful neighbors with a few misunderstandings. We recently Declared war, we did not even attack them and then declare, we openly issued a declaration first.

Nothing was reneged on, we never had an alliance of any shape or form, as is evident by the lack of any declaration in these forums.

Now excuse me while I count my evil Zagush kittens and practice my villainous laugh.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Lordark

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player
  • Please respect all admins and thier decisions.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Solo
  • Game nicks: Lordark
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2012, 12:51:51 am »
All this talk about fair fights and equal rights and justice in NA and from ToD which have been so quickly blown out the window when

threatened to be forced to pay for goods you have stolen from multiple clan in NA is not very admirable. Joining an overly 1 sided fight to

try to whipe your little merry band of thieves is almost despicable. I truly hope the just minded people of Na judge you justly ToD and Co.
Never forget the day Dragons came to Calradia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfLxHJY0lQI&feature=related
My personal theme song, We will never surrender!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg1xqAjQ5e4