Author Topic: Star Citizen  (Read 112644 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 101
  • Infamy: 1818
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: Star Citizen
« Reply #1065 on: December 05, 2015, 05:49:04 am »
+2
They released new version, offers better performance but it almost crash happy as first versions.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2145
  • Infamy: 2022
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: December 05, 2015, 06:03:27 am »
And this is just not true. PTU means "Public test universe." It's meant to be unstable on PTU. PTU is the alpha of the alpha version. Releasing it helped them fix a ton of stuff.

That's what engine programmer said. I understand what PTU is, but frankly speaking Star Citizen community is 99% morons and you can feed them kool aid for some time before they start wrecking havoc. One thing is certain, they aren't capable of reasoning and explaining alpha testing to them is hard sell when project isn't sticking to initially set schedule.

tl;dr community is treating 2.0 like final release with limited content

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: December 05, 2015, 07:53:05 am »
200,000 people have access to 2.0 now. Shouldn't be long until release.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Senni__Ti

• Earl
  • Renown: 472
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Senni_Ti
  • IRC nick: Senni
« Reply #1068 on: December 05, 2015, 05:12:07 pm »
200,000 people have access to 2.0 now. Shouldn't be long until release.

Up to Citizen ID 210K have access.

Also recent bug fixes:
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/301708/2-0-0h-publish-to-ptu#latest

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: December 06, 2015, 05:29:56 am »
+2
This was pretty awesome.

Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: December 06, 2015, 07:42:49 pm »
This was pretty awesome.

That's awesome. Just what I expect from being able to get out of the ship anywhere you want. Can't see all the possible stuff that can happen in this game.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 279
  • Infamy: 821
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: December 06, 2015, 08:05:53 pm »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 344
  • Infamy: 857
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: December 06, 2015, 08:10:28 pm »
That's awesome. Just what I expect from being able to get out of the ship anywhere you want. Can't see all the possible stuff that can happen in this game.

So far interesting gameplay is exclusively emergent. Scripted stuff they've put in isn't that interesting (yet). Problem with emergent gameplay is amount of things that could go wrong. You can exit ships in many ways but you're not supposed to open that hatch and jump out in space. Bigger ships have escape pods that aren't functional yet and I think they will redo single seaters in a way so part of their cockpit doubles as escape capsule.

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #1073 on: December 08, 2015, 09:32:51 am »
mine id 256k  :(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2072
  • Infamy: 1078
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: December 08, 2015, 01:39:43 pm »
When they get to your citizen number, Crash Citizen is going to become even better. At least when it comes to crashing more often.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: December 08, 2015, 02:10:31 pm »
It's doubtful they'll go to 250k+ before having most of the crashes fixed.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 98
  • Infamy: 498
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: December 08, 2015, 10:24:34 pm »
Some people are concerned over the crashes experienced on the PTU, which is understandable, but I wanted to shed a little light. It has been mentioned that we are pushing out builds and failing due to crashes... that is incorrect. We are pushing out patches that we know have crashes in them already. Those crashes are being addressed already, and being knocked out very quickly. Layers of an onion. Some might say... "Why release a build with crashes if you already know they are there?" One word: Data. We want to know how wide-scale these issues are and all the gritty details. Additionally, we would much rather continuously push the newest version of the game and have thousands and thousands of people hammer on it, because there is a chance new bugs can be discovered. PTU is not meant to be a release stream for everyone to just go and play. It is a test environment meant to plow through issues and get the game in a release-ready state. We are methodical with how we are releasing patches. We are not blindly pushing crashy patches. There is a lot of thought, analysis, tinkering, and fixing that goes into the PTU. It is not an environment for the faint of heart who are just looking to relax and play in Crusader. It is for players who are willing to face the storm with an umbrella and assist with testing. I can confidently say that we are extremely happy with how involved the community has been and are on the right track to getting 2.0 out to everyone soon! The amount of issues we have come in on the issue council has been incredible. We definitely feel extremely fortunate to have such an involved community that is as excited to play this game as we all are. We are getting close and this is only the beginning!

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3vy2xq/zyloh_gives_an_update_on_the_state_of_the_ptu/

I'm obviously incredibly stupid because this is not how i imagined bug fixing actually works. Should we be thankful for bugs, because they show us ways game can be broken? Why don't other game developers share this secret sauce with their player base, instead of fixing them bugs themselves in silence? I'm not worthy of this PTU, pre-alpha and glorious bugs in general.

If you're more than base package in this project and you value your money, ask for refund. I'll wait how this will play out, wasted money on stupid things before. Following this project already paid off 24 euros so yeah...

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: December 09, 2015, 04:30:54 am »
Do you not understand what PTU is? What don't you understand about the quote? You have to literally download a separate Star Citizen to even have access to PTU, because it's not "the game" in any shape or form. It's to help the developers test (which is what alpha should be, but people like you don't understand what an alpha is so they had to make an alpha of alpha.)
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: December 09, 2015, 10:09:07 am »
Some highly upvoted quotes from that reddit thread for anyone confused by Leshma's current personality:

The simple fact that an Alpha requires an Alpha - and now you have people in the alpha of the alpha asking for another alpha before pushing it to the alpha's alpha .... it just reinforces that a lot of citizens are not able to handle alphas at all.

PTU is not meant to be a release stream for everyone to just go and play. It is a test environment meant to plow through issues and get the game in a release-ready state.

The amount of times I've tried to hammer this into people's heads...
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: December 09, 2015, 10:57:24 am »
Really though, what exactly did you expect from an Alpha of an Alpha Leshma?