Author Topic: Rageball - Let's play. not fight.  (Read 4514 times)

Offline Spanish

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 2h Cav Star of the year award winner.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The official Drama Llama of Knights_Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Spaniard, BowPersona, Span
Re: Rageball - Let's play. not fight.
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2012, 07:45:56 pm »
+2
I've found it's nearly impossible for me to die by getting shot by arrows due to the health regen especially if I'm wearing my heraldic mail and I sometimes die if i just wear a tabard and if I'm carrying the ball I just dribble it if I'm making a break for the goal thus stopping archers from making the ball fly.

What is like to see is an offsides rule because cherry pickers are the worst and agi shielders arnt that bad it just takes two People to bring them down or a good kick slash.

And that str idea sounds terrible in my most humblest of opinions. Str builds tend to wear heavy armor and are quite tanky so maybe you could make it so that only a powerful hit will dislodge the ball from them. As of right now any damage done even a slight glance will make you lose the ball is their a way to make it so that only a high damage attack like getting hit by a great maul in the face to remove the ball from a str build tanking the ball up the field.

Right now the biggest problem with str builds in their inability to hold on to the ball because the slightest bit of damage done they will lose the ball and be unable to catch that naked agi player who then grabs the ball and runs away. A lot of ppl run around naked with just enough str to cause damage to others and if it was made that only way to take the ball away would be to do a set percentage of health from that player giving armor crutchers and IF stackers a small advantage to tanking the ball.
My horse is named pebbles and we like to try.

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2012, 08:21:13 pm »
OP idea is terrible, combat is a huge part of rageball tactics.

Arrows are good for tagging carriers, or at least forcing carrier to weave.

I agree that armour/str could use a buff, maybe carrier shouldn't drop ball unless he loses 20hp

Offline F i n

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1148
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Hi
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fin
  • IRC nick: Fin
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2012, 09:22:41 pm »
I think you missunderstood my usage of the word "balance"

Its about teambalance - not class balance.

If ONE team has good archers, its unbalanced.

Im not judging archers for doing their job. Its just stupid to ignore the fact, that theres a big chance, that (on a 30 slot server) there are unfair teams. Thats the only thing im saying.

And of course you dont always have 2 archers with the same skill at the same time on the same server.

So how could you make the game fair, without changing the basic rageball mechanics?

Restricting some of the high tier equipment could decrease that vast influence of one single archer on a game.

Stopping or slowing down the ball carrier will still be possible (which was your main point FOR archers. which i accept a 100% )

But it will be impossible to just stand in the middle and kill everyone that moves (which would be deathmatch, which is the thing we might want to cut off...).

And i also think there should neither be greatmauls or crushthrough / pike weapons nor huge metal shields cus theyve got a great influence on ppls playstyle.

Thats all. Im not saying you should restrict all weapons except fists. Swords are ok, bows as well but... +3 Rusbow pro archers can dominate everyone everywhere.

short bow pro archers can slow down ppl and help their team without deathmatching - cus they wont do any damage (on range).

I hope i'd make my point a bit more clear now.

"Life was easier as a borderline alcoholic." (chadz, 2016)

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2012, 09:39:49 pm »
+1
Well I enjoy the TDM aspect, so screw you and your suggestion.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline F i n

• OKAM Developer
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2012, 09:44:42 pm »
Ok. Next thread will be: TDM - Give them their own server: crpg_8_Cunts

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2012, 09:48:39 pm »
Couldn't care about the name, really, call it ''your mother is a whore, Bob and she is fat, but you already know that'' if you want to, I'll still play it.
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline Spanish

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 106
  • 2h Cav Star of the year award winner.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The official Drama Llama of Knights_Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Spaniard, BowPersona, Span
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2012, 02:02:25 am »
So basically you're saying that High Tier gear makes people better and therefore is over powered for rageball thus removing it will make it more fair for other lesser players to be able to play with their shit gear.....

And archers don't even kill people unless the people they shoot are naked and are hit multiple times because if you pass the ball and don't get shot for awhile your health returns. To me this just sounds like a nerf archer in rageball because you can't handle getting killed by an archer with limited ammo and you probably deserve to be shot since I can almost guarantee you walk in straight lines just asking to get shot at. Even better yet your build is all agi so anyone with a Rus bow can kill you with a single shot thus you get enraged.

You're suggestion doesn't even really help because even if you limited it to short bows those things are still deadly and shoot like machine guns compared to the Rus and Longbow.
My horse is named pebbles and we like to try.

Offline F i n

• OKAM Developer
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2012, 02:26:26 am »
Couldn't care about the name, really, call it ''your mother is a whore, Bob and she is fat, but you already know that'' if you want to, I'll still play it.

oh wow. You kinda crossed a line there. She might be fat. But Bob is not a whore!

So basically you're saying that High Tier gear makes people better and therefore is over powered for rageball thus removing it will make it more fair for other lesser players to be able to play with their shit gear.....

And archers don't even kill people unless the people they shoot are naked and are hit multiple times because if you pass the ball and don't get shot for awhile your health returns. To me this just sounds like a nerf archer in rageball because you can't handle getting killed by an archer with limited ammo and you probably deserve to be shot since I can almost guarantee you walk in straight lines just asking to get shot at. Even better yet your build is all agi so anyone with a Rus bow can kill you with a single shot thus you get enraged.

You're suggestion doesn't even really help because even if you limited it to short bows those things are still deadly and shoot like machine guns compared to the Rus and Longbow.

Thats not what i'm saying.

You still dont get it do you... I am saying that high tier gear is making archers OP. Thats true. But the main problem i see is that this archer is only in one team not in both teams.

Its not about Archery being overpowered! I dont care if I got shot ... as long as theres a good archer in my team as well...

Since there is no guaranty that there are 2 equal archers online at the same time, there should be an instance ensuring the equality of archers  / Team --> If the Pro archer has to use shit gear he is the same thread to enemies as the bad archer.

Read before you post this time please.

And yeah. Short bows really are machine guns compared to rus or longbows. Tho its much harder to damage / deathmatch someone. They're even better to slow down enemy ball carriers etc. which should be the main task for archers after all.

Good night.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 02:34:23 am by Finuad »

Offline F i n

• OKAM Developer
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2012, 02:40:55 am »
:O

Offline Tindel

• Earl
  • Renown: 333
  • Infamy: 238
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tindel
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2012, 09:12:30 am »
Whining cunts with high agility build who only want to "play ball" are really annoying.

They keep crying and polling people for "tdming"

Just fuck off and let us others play rageball eh?

Offline F i n

• OKAM Developer
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2012, 11:09:47 am »
thats why i hate 98 % of the crpg players. No brains but insults.

i think i've said it more than once now, that im enjoying rageball. And i dont want it to be just a ball game. And 18/18 is not exactly an Agi build. And i'm always pressing 2 on stupid polls. So fuck off too, sir.

I wish you're playing vs Slv, XyNox and Farsight everytime you play rageball.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 11:16:44 am by Finuad »

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2012, 02:25:53 pm »
+2
thats why i hate 98 % of the crpg players. No brains but insults.

i think i've said it more than once now, that im enjoying rageball. And i dont want it to be just a ball game. And 18/18 is not exactly an Agi build. And i'm always pressing 2 on stupid polls. So fuck off too, sir.

I wish you're playing vs Slv, XyNox and Farsight everytime you play rageball.

To be fair Fin the, last time you were tdming me by doubleteam-spawnraping me for 15 minutes the other day, you brought it upon your self. Every time I join the server Im neutral to anyone but those, who are a threat to my teams ballpossession. The problem is, there are so many people who get butthurt after a single arrow in the head, even if its tactically justified and they are then trying to hunt me down for the rest of the map. For the most part Im trying to ignore tdmers but you had proven yourself there to be a significant threat to my abilitiy to lock and slow down the enemy advance, you left me no other choice than shooting you on sight.

I have to agree that archers can be devastating in rageball and what Spanish said gives me the impression there are not many skilled archers playing NA_Rageball. But then again, try it yourself. Take a bow and try to annihilate the enemy team. There are tons of archers in rageball who are absolutely useless becaus hitting dodging agi runners in the head over long distances is not easy. Those who dont even make an effort to dodge at all because they think they cant be hit are scrubs anyway.

Also nobody said that everyone has to go 3/36 with clotharmor, like 80% of the people there seem to be. If you choose a high agi-lowhp build you will go down fast as a result. I dont see any problem in using a bow in rageball whit great efficiency when you have the skill to do so and enemies are preferably choosing builds and eq-loadouts that are susceptible to missiles. No matter if its rageball, siege or battle, teams will never be completely even. Especially not until people stop acting like drones, attacking the next moving object in sight that doesnt carry a banner over the head.

Just to be clear, the last two paragraphs were not adressed to you in specific Fin but thats the situation.

And whos Farsight ?

Offline Peasant_Woman

• Earl
  • Renown: 438
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Unofficial Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja, Ming, Companions, Cavemen
  • Game nicks: Peasant_Woman, Ninja_Ninja, Ming_Ninja, Companion_Ninja.
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2012, 02:35:19 pm »
+3
One time I think you should be allowed to randomly attack a player who is nowhere near the ball - is when that player is an Archer.
On small maps they are a threat to the ball carrier no matter where they are on the field, so by killing them over and over I am giving my team the best chance to stay in posession of the ball.

We could do with some larger maps, with more obstacles to help break up line of sight so that archers don't get hunted the whole round.

I'm actually currently working on a largish rageball map with lots of obstacles, hopefully it wont be too much of a chore to play.
Maybe you are not bad, but you are a boring person. Well, that's the end of the matter.
Guide to map making
My Maps

Offline F i n

• OKAM Developer
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2012, 02:59:03 pm »
To be fair Fin the, last time you were tdming me by doubleteam-spawnraping me for 15 minutes the other day, you brought it upon your self. Every time I join the server Im neutral to anyone but those, who are a threat to my teams ballpossession. The problem is, there are so many people who get butthurt after a single arrow in the head, even if its tactically justified and they are then trying to hunt me down for the rest of the map. For the most part Im trying to ignore tdmers but you had proven yourself there to be a significant threat to my abilitiy to lock and slow down the enemy advance, you left me no other choice than shooting you on sight.

I have to agree that archers can be devastating in rageball and what Spanish said gives me the impression there are not many skilled archers playing NA_Rageball. But then again, try it yourself. Take a bow and try to annihilate the enemy team. There are tons of archers in rageball who are absolutely useless becaus hitting dodging agi runners in the head over long distances is not easy. Those who dont even make an effort to dodge at all because they think they cant be hit are scrubs anyway.

Also nobody said that everyone has to go 3/36 with clotharmor, like 80% of the people there seem to be. If you choose a high agi-lowhp build you will go down fast as a result. I dont see any problem in using a bow in rageball whit great efficiency when you have the skill to do so and enemies are preferably choosing builds and eq-loadouts that are susceptible to missiles. No matter if its rageball, siege or battle, teams will never be completely even. Especially not until people stop acting like drones, attacking the next moving object in sight that doesnt carry a banner over the head.

Just to be clear, the last two paragraphs were not adressed to you in specific Fin but thats the situation.

And whos Farsight ?

+1 for a good answer.

Sorry for spawnkilling you ;). But you're damn accurate and thats frustrating :D.

That teams are never a 100% fair is true. But on most of the other servers you got much more players. The smaller the server gets, the more effective are good archers. I was just wondering if it was possible to compensate that.

Templar_Farsight, fairsight dunno something like that. Decent archer.

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2012, 03:00:34 pm »
+2
Killing people is sometimes vital to help your team if done at the right moment and the right player.

Rageball is death and football at the same time. It should be a viable tactic to create havoc at enemy goal to distract and tire the goalkeeper

Deathmatch is not something we want, but killing/defending yourself/awareness at the same time playing the game is part of the skillset required  and killing won't always be the best thing to do.

Ozin once said that rage ball was originally made for killing. Killing is the best way to make your team wins, if the whole enemy team members stay dead, it buy people more time to reach enemy goal and score. Been getting ban poll as a archer for shooting people far away, and yet I keep getting spawn rape by infantry, not fair.