Author Topic: Rageball - Let's play. not fight.  (Read 4505 times)

Offline F i n

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1148
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Hi
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fin
  • IRC nick: Fin
Rageball - Let's play. not fight.
« on: July 20, 2012, 11:11:58 pm »
+8
Remove all Weapons & Armour except Blue and Red Shirts (one colour each team) and Wooden Sticks! (is this even possible)

If not, make em nekkid!

Stop the Archermadness and the deathmatch!

Because : Rageball is nothing but deatchmatch and archerplayground atm. And the Gamemode is just too good to be destroyed by idiots.

Its not enjoyable if you really try to play the game and catch the ball when your instantly shot or attacked by some raging tincan!

and... does this fit in general discussion or should it be moved to suggestions? wasnt sure.

Greets. 
"Life was easier as a borderline alcoholic." (chadz, 2016)

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
Re: Rageball - Let's play. not fight.
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 11:13:38 pm »
Sounds valid.
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 11:15:50 pm »
+1
Hey "excellent" goalkeeper.

Problem is, if you remove damage, this great mode will just turn in a MAX AGI build for all mod, wich is gonna sucks. And there won't be any rage, and you won't be able to outsmart a team by purposefully dieing in a place where you know the ennemy goalkeeper will throw the ball just when you'll spawn. Wich is one of the funniest thing to do. And effective.

It woud be a completely different mod... plain old boring soccer. For full aGI.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline F i n

• OKAM Developer
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 11:21:53 pm »
So... Then make 2 servers - one deathmatch server for the idiots.

And one rageball server for the agi build - soccer dudes.

I mean its "Rageball" not "UsesneaI love youpawntrickstosomehowgettheballthenloseitagaincusyougetshotandhopeyourespawnagainbeforetheenemyscores"

All I'm saying is : there's a "Ball" in "Rageball". And if its impossible to play with the ball, because some overpowered ball ignoring war machines are just killing everyone in sight - at least call it "Rage"... without the balls - cus thats what most players need to get. 

Offline F i n

• OKAM Developer
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 11:31:11 pm »
And... the Archer thing is a problem. If one team has one good archer, the other team has no chance to counterattack.

...Thats why most of the games end 7-3 or 9-1 ...

Would be a good thing - if every team always had the exact same archer (which is not do-able), or at least arrows would not do any damage - but slow down runners.

removing ranged would also fix the balance a lot - then you'd still have some "Guards" - heavy armoured, great damage and slow - and "Runners".

I imagine that more fun - not as a boring soccer plain whatever you called it game.

Those are just some ideas how to improve the game-experience regarding that its a ball game - not a battle or deathmatch.

Neither do i know if its possible to code that - nor if the majority feels the same way.

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2012, 11:46:19 pm »
Isn't there any 3/24 7 shield skill, 7 athletics rageball player ?
It's seriously not that difficult to "gank" an archer.
Or, if he's a dedicated one, let him run out of ammo, and then DONT kill him, he'll be useless.

Good archers are powerfull. As much as good throwers, wich can stunlock anyone wearing no armor with just stones.

You can't expect to win just cause you're a runner who knows how to block and that's all. Need more tactic.

Okay for two different modes. Rageball and Ball. But the second will soon be boring.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Exitialis

• Baron
  • Renown: 93
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2012, 11:51:28 pm »
+7
RAGEBALL is called RAGEBALL for a reason. It's not called PUSSYBALL.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2012, 11:55:23 pm »
+1
I feel your pain Fin, and while I agree that TDM is rampant, I think the different classes in battle, transposed to rageball, make the game most interesting to play (even though like you said, accurate archers are really efficient in rageball), so would not agree to restricting weapons/armors.

Putting up an effective way to reduce/forbid damaging someone who isnt near the ball (like the +3 points when you damage someone near the ball) would be more adapted to the gamemode.

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2012, 12:11:43 am »
Isn't there any 3/24 7 shield skill, 7 athletics rageball player ?
It's seriously not that difficult to "gank" an archer.
Or, if he's a dedicated one, let him run out of ammo, and then DONT kill him, he'll be useless.

Good archers are powerfull. As much as good throwers, wich can stunlock anyone wearing no armor with just stones.

You can't expect to win just cause you're a runner who knows how to block and that's all. Need more tactic.

Okay for two different modes. Rageball and Ball. But the second will soon be boring.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

This will NEVER happen. Even with weapon sheathed it takes 10 seconds at most to find someone who will go TDM at your ass.

I can see where this is coming from. A good archer in is a devastating tool in rageball, but can easily be shut down simply by constant harrassment. Even if its a scrub, killing an armored enemy in melee with a low ps archer build takes time. Enough time to pass the ball out of the archers operational range. Appart from that, very fast passing leaves small chances to lock on a target and place your shot properly.

I have to say though that there are a lot of nubs on rageball who didnt understand how the game works yet. Those people show absolutely no effort in dodge missiles, which if done properly can make the life of an archer pretty hard.

I fully agree that TDM in general is a big issue. I couldnt come up with a decent suggestion yet myself to limit or control it. Removing weapons or damage though is out of question IMO.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2012, 12:15:22 am »
rageball is more like xp leeching game mode not serious crpg mode. Give rageball less xp gain and see how many players wil play it than.
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
  • Renown: 535
  • Infamy: 960
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • O===((:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: GTX
  • IRC nick: GTX
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2012, 12:26:18 am »
rageball is more like xp leeching game mode not serious crpg mode. Give rageball less xp gain and see how many players wil play it than.

Actually no. I look at it as a mod, which can get u away from the chaotic and fast paced c-rpg. A fun gamemode or whatever u want to call it. I normally just have fun, i dont concentrate on my blocking or melee, like i normally would.

It is also a great mod for teamwork. U will not be succesfull in this mod, without using teamwork. People are forced to do it, if they wanna keep their x.

BTW: less xp will get people away from any gamemode, lol.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Sable Keech

• Earl
  • Renown: 300
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • I know a good rye when I see one
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Keech
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2012, 12:35:49 am »
+2

I play rageball because I legitimately enjoy the game mode.
(click to show/hide)

Offline F i n

• OKAM Developer
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2012, 12:45:39 am »

Thats what i'm asking for... Dont let one team become superiour by unbalanced teams (because of superiour classes like Archers - by the way - CAV is banned too. Why?).

--->  Balanced teams = no perma x5 for one team ---> less leechers ---> less deathmatch ---> more fun.

And you got a point there. REMOVING all weapons would be shit. All i'm asking for is (as i said) even the odds... Same equipment for everyone...

I mean... some ppl are joining fully plated. Whats the point? If other ppl wouldnt be so stupid deathmatching them there would be no good or valid reason for a tincan equipment.

Archers - are just overpowered! You don't need to kill someone - no. Just spam 10 arrows and make you enemy drop the ball 10 times while your teams running in raping him...

Bullcrap.

Rageball is limited to 30 players. You guys know how crappy the balance is - even on big servers - and how dominating a team can be with 3 good fighters / fully loomed cunts, working as a team.

On small servers its even harder to make fair teams.

I think we all concur here...

And btw: I am a thrower - used to be. And even as a thrower i was not using ranged. except some bullshit archer shot me... then i often got angry and started spawnkilling him for 30 minutes until he left. Thats Rage. I'd still prefer the ball.

Offline Spanish

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 106
  • 2h Cav Star of the year award winner.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The official Drama Llama of Knights_Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Spaniard, BowPersona, Span
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2012, 12:50:58 am »
+2
Funny when I go on a crazy murdering spree and kill 4-6 enemies my team does considerably well especially if we tank the ball up the field using a shielder to carry the ball slowly and have 3 of us murder anyone who gets close.

And if one archer is constantly shooting the ball carrier send one guy to harass him and suddenly less arrows are flying at the ball, a rather simple solution. Killing people in rageball is not only fun but incredibly useful and totally viable tactic. If half your team is dead all game because they're getting beat down it so easy to score.

The only time I think attacking people is dumb is if the ball is across the field from you then it's pointless but otherwise suck it up. Or better yet create a rageball team using the same banner and have them use teamwork like you said and see if slaughtering People is useless.
My horse is named pebbles and we like to try.

Offline F i n

• OKAM Developer
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2012, 12:52:29 am »
RAGEBALL is called RAGEBALL for a reason. It's not called PUSSYBALL.

Maybe its called rageball cus you can have fun here without just killing everyone or being killed like on battle.

A server FOR those who are raging....

Not a server to make ppl rage.

Same as the AA does not make ppl drink alcohol.

I think you're one of those deathmatchers arent you? Paul once said, they wouldnt have brains...