Author Topic: Rageball - Let's play. not fight.  (Read 4510 times)

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
  • Renown: 535
  • Infamy: 960
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • O===((:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: GTX
  • IRC nick: GTX
Re: Rageball - Let's play. not fight.
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2012, 12:53:44 am »
+1
Funny when I go on a crazy murdering spree and kill 4-6 enemies my team does considerably well especially if we tank the ball up the field using a shielder to carry the ball slowly and have 3 of us murder anyone who gets close.

And if one archer is constantly shooting the ball carrier send one guy to harass him and suddenly less arrows are flying at the ball, a rather simple solution. Killing people in rageball is not only fun but incredibly useful and totally viable tactic. If half your team is dead all game because they're getting beat down it so easy to score.

The only time I think attacking people is dumb is if the ball is across the field from you then it's pointless but otherwise suck it up. Or better yet create a rageball team using the same banner and have them use teamwork like you said and see if slaughtering People is useless.

Depends on the situation, but yes. But u need some experienced fighters to be able to do that. Because if 1 guy dies everytime 1-2 guys charge u, ur numbers will go down very quick. So u wont have anyone defending the ball.

Specialy not if 1 of the 3 has to go for the archer.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline F i n

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1148
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Hi
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fin
  • IRC nick: Fin
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2012, 12:55:38 am »
Funny when I go on a crazy murdering spree and kill 4-6 enemies my team does considerably well especially if we tank the ball up the field using a shielder to carry the ball slowly and have 3 of us murder anyone who gets close.

And if one archer is constantly shooting the ball carrier send one guy to harass him and suddenly less arrows are flying at the ball, a rather simple solution. Killing people in rageball is not only fun but incredibly useful and totally viable tactic. If half your team is dead all game because they're getting beat down it so easy to score.

The only time I think attacking people is dumb is if the ball is across the field from you then it's pointless but otherwise suck it up. Or better yet create a rageball team using the same banner and have them use teamwork like you said and see if slaughtering People is useless.

Absolutely! I don't say you're not allowed to kill ppl! So I'll repeat once more - just balance! You can have everyone being archer - or everyone being cav even.... As long as there are no superiour classes on that stupid servers! I think i need to get on rageball to rage a bit more. :O mindfuck.
"Life was easier as a borderline alcoholic." (chadz, 2016)

Offline F i n

• OKAM Developer
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2012, 01:10:51 am »
ONCE AGAIN:

Why is cav banned?

would be too fast.

Why should archers be banned?

Too much range!

Why should high tier equipment be banned?

Too much Damage vs. low armour, too much resistance vs. low dmg weapons! + Slowing down the player which would conflict with the concept of rageball!

There's a reason for every class to be banned - cus they are not fitting in a 30 slot rageball server - it will never be fair teams.

SOLUTION:

1 Class - Rageballclass - Custom builds but restricted armor and weaponry.

You'd still be able to use your own build using your build's advantage over other's for your team!

BUT There won't be any Deathmatches - cus there is no Statisfaction if you dont have a massive killstreak cus of your fancy equipment.

It would be much harder to score - same as to defend. So ppl that are not interested in the Ball will leave - which increases the quality of the game for those who want to play it for what it is : Rageball.

Problem solved.

At least give this idea a shot...

Or - if you're still defending the multiplicity of classes - be consequent and add cav.

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2012, 03:17:05 am »
RAGEBALL is called RAGEBALL for a reason. It's not called PUSSYBALL.

Yep, you're supposed to rage. Working as it should.

Offline Spanish

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 2h Cav Star of the year award winner.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The official Drama Llama of Knights_Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Spaniard, BowPersona, Span
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2012, 03:52:03 am »
That whole idea is crap if that armor is light I could get one shot and on the other hand it may be too heavy for me to be quick. Armor choice is essential as well as weapon choice as longer weapons make you run slower. So that would never work for everybody -____-
My horse is named pebbles and we like to try.

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • Renown: 672
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Rhekimos
  • IRC nick: Rhekimos
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2012, 04:02:55 am »
+5
There's enough football simulators out there for those that don't like murder and violence in sports.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2012, 10:58:30 am »
+2
No, I don't agree with the OP. I think all classes should be able to play rageball in their own way. That includes archers shooting people. Why no cav then you ask? Horses simply got removed because maps cav would enjoy would be much bigger than maps for footmen due the vast speed difference. Horsemen get compensated with a riding to athletics conversion though.

But for me ranged is part of the gamemode. They can threaten the ball carrier on distance which acts as a catalysator for fast passing games. Also their godlike status postulated in this thread is bullshit. A bit of anti-archer discipline, meaning killing them on sight, makes life even for a good archer very difficult. It's hard to focus on both the ball and your surrounding as an archer.

What is loosely planned by me for rageball is this:

1) remove upkeep, significantly reduce gold income
This should lower the amount of nakeds and gold farmers.

2) speed up multi decay for high multis

I thought about something like 4 min for x3 to x2, 3 min for x4 to x3 and 2 min for x5 to x4. This would make delaying the game less attractive and x5 a rather rare occurance like in the other gamemodes.

3) let individual score influence xp and gold handout

I'm not thinking about rewarding the top scorers here. It's more punishment for those who are on the server for a while and don't manage to get a few points.They should be 'rewarded' with a multi loss. Player level should have a role here of course. Still needs a lot of thought though. Defenders and deep lying playmakers(those who make the pass before the last pass) should have better ways of getting points then.

4) maybe give high str players a direct way to steal the ball from a much weaker enemy
Ozin didn't like that but to me it doesn't seem so bad. The idea is that let's say a player with twice as much strength as the enemy ball carrier can active catch the ball from over the head of the enemy. This way full agi shielders aren't that untouchable when their buckler is still intact and str chars get a role as ball winners in midfield and defense.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2012, 11:19:13 am »
+1
(click to show/hide)

Offline Cicero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 418
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • scourge of god
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: BashiBazouks_Cicero
  • IRC nick: Cicero
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2012, 11:19:25 am »
+1
I hope chadz will terminate your developer contract , you are worst ; trust me you are the worst developer that gives opinion about game even ivani4 can make rageball better than you paul.
Let the vendetta begin.

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2012, 11:32:52 am »
4) maybe give high str players a direct way to steal the ball from a much weaker enemy
Ozin didn't like that but to me it doesn't seem so bad. The idea is that let's say a player with twice as much strength as the enemy ball carrier can active catch the ball from over the head of the enemy. This way full agi shielders aren't that untouchable when their buckler is still intact and str chars get a role as ball winners in midfield and defense.

That would be awesome.
This way, there definitely won't be a perfect rageball build, and you'll have to think over if you want to stack agility, or strength.
Twice as much STR to be able to actively catch that ball seems fair. A 24/12 can steal the ball from a 12/24, IF he's close enough. Sounds fair.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline F i n

• OKAM Developer
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2012, 01:37:07 pm »
And what about the 2 servers idea?

Same reason as for the below lvl20 server...

Could make both sides happy.

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
  • Renown: 535
  • Infamy: 960
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • O===((:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: GTX
  • IRC nick: GTX
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2012, 01:38:41 pm »
(click to show/hide)

I like most of these things, and i dont see anything that i absolutely hate. Great ideas paul.

I rly like number 4, since agi shielders is nearly unkillable. U can look at people like atas and bimbo jones, they can take attacks from several people and still be able to keep the ball.

Offline Korgoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 742
  • Infamy: 100
  • cRPG Player
  • I've dated girls uglier than you for Breakfast
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Korgoth
  • IRC nick: Korgoth
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2012, 01:58:11 pm »
+1

3) let individual score influence xp and gold handout

I'm not thinking about rewarding the top scorers here. It's more punishment for those who are on the server for a while and don't manage to get a few points.They should be 'rewarded' with a multi loss. Player level should have a role here of course. Still needs a lot of thought though. Defenders and deep lying playmakers(those who make the pass before the last pass) should have better ways of getting points then.

I think you should get more points for tackling nearer the goal, example tackling someone who is near your goal gives you double the points of tackling someone on their side. I think you should get a small amount of points for passes too. I basically just want to be able to get a lot of points without actually having to score myself, this might actually make people defend better instead of every single player trying to attack then just get fucked by that one guy goal hanging with no defenders stopping him.

Korgoth's Retextures
Korgoth's Hierloom Stall

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2012, 02:48:58 pm »
A quick thought.

Might it be possible to give kicks a 100% knockdown chance in rageball ?

Im thinking of a way here to escape TDMers, especially shielders in mapspots where a fight is totally pointless, without the need to kill the attacker. This way you dont have to kill everyone trying to backstab you, instead just a kick that gives you enough time to build up some distance. Only those who are looking for a fight in the first place are those who can be kicked with ease anyway.

Speaking of kicks, if I remember this correctly they dont cause the carrier to drop the ball if no damage is done right ? In this case I suggest every kick that connects causes the ball to drop.

And a quick "bugreport" if not noticed already: If you kill the last person who was touching the ball, even if it was 10 seconds ago, you still get the "+3 points for killing ball carrier".

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2012, 02:58:42 pm »
  Sadly there's always 5 or more players just TDM'ing around, to soften their frustrations on random targets that ain't a menace to the team, just because.

As an archer you get the most accurate bow and your job will be only to slow down the attacking movement and disable the player with the ball.
  There's not a single player that will pass by an archer and won't kill him just out of frustration, leaving you no option than to die and respawn fast, other than try to fight back, which is silly.

Then again I'm not that active on rageball, just my 2 cents about what I've seen the few occasions.