Author Topic: Hospitaller Hacking in Day Z  (Read 19009 times)

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
Re: Hospitaller Hacking in Day Z
« Reply #105 on: July 09, 2012, 07:55:13 pm »
Too bad ArmA 2 uses BattlEye instead of PunkBuster - Even though I've never been a fan of PunkBuster I do admire their policy regarding globally banning cheaters in all PB related games.

Example:

http://apbreloaded.gamersfirst.com/2012/05/apb-ban-hammer-time-inside-mole-edition.html

People who cheated in APB Reloaded were banned in all PB games, that meant losing their Battlefield 3 accounts and so on.

I wish this would be the norm in all games, that if you get caught in one game for cheating you get banned in ALL games, that would severely lower cheating in general.

Any way we could get PunkBuster thrown into C-RPG? :wink:

Its already happened in the real world with employers linking Facebook accounts with what they thought was an incognito act.

Remember when the internet was anonymous?  :lol:
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 09, 2012, 07:57:57 pm »
Its already happened in the real world with employers linking Facebook accounts with what they thought was an incognito act.

Remember when the internet was anonymous?  :lol:

I think a lot of people have forgotten that their bosses can quickly look them up on facebook  :lol:

But anonymity is pretty much gone.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #107 on: July 09, 2012, 07:59:55 pm »
+1
I think a lot of people have forgotten that their bosses can quickly look them up on facebook  :lol:

But anonymity is pretty much gone.

Actually, if you do it properly, no one can access your facebook account that you don't want. What i have mine set too. Only approved people can.

Idiots too stupid to  properly set up their permissions.

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 09, 2012, 08:01:41 pm »
Actually, if you do it properly, no one can access your facebook account that you don't want. What i have mine set too. Only approved people can.

Idiots too stupid to  properly set up their permissions.

Ye but the idiots who trashtalk their bosses or fellow employees either forget they have them on their friends list, or are too dum as you said to alter their permissions, however i think were diverting the reason of this thread.....woops

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #109 on: July 09, 2012, 08:02:43 pm »
speaking of the moon, Cause of the low gravity, you'd always have a "boner" wouldn't you.....

That confirms I live on the moon already  :oops:
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline Blackzilla

• Earl
  • Renown: 451
  • Infamy: 108
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB(strat/crpg),Dracul(Friends)
  • Game nicks: Blackzilla_FIDLGB, Helios The Shiny
  • IRC nick: Blackzilla
« Reply #110 on: July 09, 2012, 08:41:57 pm »
+1
AHHH I love troll threads i rarely post in the forums because everyone just bitching so funny come on ppl get off your computer and go outside who cares its a game smooth get a life bro your on here 24/7 seriously not being a dick either well i will not be posting on here for another year so have fun plus troy was a dumb ass he get's what he deserves.

I am assuming English was a tough subject for you in school.

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
« Reply #111 on: July 09, 2012, 08:59:34 pm »
+18
I don't just post useless replies to people, I don't troll or talk shit (which is about 50% of the posters it seems), I give constructive answers and am generally helpful if people ask for help with anything.  I give constructive feedback, and suggestions.

Well, let's see.

You're an idiot.

Go fuck yourself.

He's the owner of a peasant village, he didn't have 100's of ghost accounts making goods and recruiting troops, who never played c-rpg working for him.  And he wasn't allied with a group of factions who took over most of the EU side of the map with diplomacy, allowing you to continue building up without expending resources.

So if you don't have 100's of ghosts accounts, and an alliance that makes up almost 500 people, then you shouldn't do what you can to better your situation?  Would you have expected a 100 man peasant army to attack one of your heavily defended cities?   You sound mad.

And to you euro's, it's spelled HONOR.  Stop killing more trees than need be with your extra vowels.

But people QQ enough and the dev's will cave in, like they always do.  Same reason you end up with a game like World of Warcraft. All the lowest common denominators bitch enough, and they make a watered down game that appeals to the most people (trying to appease everyone is a horrible model for making great games, it's a good model for making a lot of money though).

One of my biggest pet peeves is whistling over a horse and it's not +3 loomed.  You poor fucks need to stop riding horses  :mrgreen:

I'm going to start spamming this picture in every "nerf x,y,z" thread.  I added "leave c-rpg alone" to one of these pictures, but I think it's on my home pc.

LEAVE c-rpg ALONE!

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

Stop blaming everyone else, and take some responsibility for your actions.  Cavalry can easily be countered, do you have the intelligence and organizational skills to do so?  That's the real issue.

Almost every nerf or QQ thread boils down to people not wanting to use the tactics or equipment to counter what they're whining about.  God forbid I should have to change my play style to counter another class, that's blasphemy.

Not me, I hate the grind...I'd rather be playing for the enjoyment of the game.  Fucking WoW pixel crack heads.

gtfo of here

That's why people cry about cav being overpowered, when in reality it's just infantry all trying to be rambo, and not even remotely trying to work as a team, use tactics, or the proper equipment to counter what the enemy throws at you.

For the record, a lot of people have been QQ"ing about cavalry lately, but they aren't overpowered (nothing in the game is).  A team with decent tactics, teamwork and the right equipment makes cavalry useless.  The only reason you see people QQ'ing about horses is because the balance system blows ass in this game, and because a lot of infantry not only want to, but fully expect to be able to run around and be "rambo" and then qq when paper beats rock.

I still propose cavalry only "appears" OP to some people, because infantry doesn't work together.  One person running by themselves SHOULD be easy prey for a cavalry lancer. 

The best way to counter the cavalry QQ'ers, is to force mandatory "practice" or drills, like they do in Mount and Musket.  Get a dev or admin on each team and tell everyone to stfu and listen.  Make them run in loose formations with pikemen on the sides and rears, shields in the front.

Until infantry gets a fucking clue, you will continue to have people whine about cavalry.

blow it up your ass canary, i clearly helped the guy  8-)
All I did was downvote your post where you begged for an upvote. Come on, man.

I do take offense when people say cavalry (or any class) is overpowered, bring those arguments my way and I'll shut you down every time.

*EDIT* You need reading comprehension (along with a lot of other things I won't get into here) lemmy. The guy never said bumpslashing with 1h is hard or impossible...and thankfully the dev's don't listen to all the QQ'ing from the community.  The logical people are saying that proper equipment, tactics, and teamwork can counter any class or playstyle, the people too stupid to adapt whine to the dev's to change the game around.

I don't just post useless replies to people, I don't troll or talk shit (which is about 50% of the posters it seems), I give constructive answers and am generally helpful if people ask for help with anything.  I give constructive feedback, and suggestions.

Judging by the first five pages of your recent posts, I'll say that I can not understand how you can make this statement in earnest.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #112 on: July 09, 2012, 09:04:32 pm »
+1
-1 canary. Too much proof. Proof is bad. Not like it'll hurt his internet honoUr or anything.

I dun care if he's a shitposter or not. He's not a HC and he's a lancer. Least he isn't a stupid homo archer, yet.
Also, nerf cav, nerf archers, buff xbow. :lol:

Offline Blackzilla

• Earl
  • Renown: 451
  • Infamy: 108
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB(strat/crpg),Dracul(Friends)
  • Game nicks: Blackzilla_FIDLGB, Helios The Shiny
  • IRC nick: Blackzilla
« Reply #113 on: July 09, 2012, 09:06:35 pm »
Well, let's see.

Judging by the first five pages of your recent posts, I'll say that I can not understand how you can make this statement in earnest.
Looks like someone got owned.

Offline Lemmy_Winks

• Count
  • Renown: 241
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lemmy_Winks
« Reply #114 on: July 09, 2012, 09:11:33 pm »
+1
How did I become a shitposter?  That's not very nice mods...

I'm generally one who gives constructive criticism...I don't really talk much shit on the forums...

Huesby you are the definition of a shit poster. And i know a thing or two about shit posting (although mostly in the intentional trolling sense).

And lol canary when you posted those list of huesby quotes, i just KNEW one of them would be him attacking/insulting me in some way.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 09:34:47 pm by Lemmy_Winks »

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #115 on: July 09, 2012, 09:15:23 pm »
+3
I like turtles
Turtles

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #116 on: July 09, 2012, 09:18:52 pm »
+2
Huesby you are the definition of a shit poster. And i know a thing or two about shit posting (although mostly in the intentional trolling sense).

STOP THIS THREAD RIGHT NOW!

(click to show/hide)
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #117 on: July 09, 2012, 09:32:07 pm »
I'm not surprised... as for Hospitallers distancing themselves and all, whatever. I haven't had an issue with hosp lately but considering how many of you got ban during auto block waves I don't think your rep is that great on that front... I also remember a hosp that got ban saying he was encouraged by leadership to get the auto block in the first place. I don't know details about that statement so I imagine it isn't as straightforward as it sounds, but whatever. The hospitallers of half a year ago were pretty sketchy with all the hacking and so on, but they do seem better now, and dumping troy is only going to improve the situation.

Offline Keslord

• Knight
  • Renown: 68
  • Infamy: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 09, 2012, 10:45:18 pm »

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 09, 2012, 10:48:56 pm »
Well, let's see.

Evidence always wins

(click to show/hide)