Poll

The class with the least votes will get a buff.

1h + shield
36 (4.4%)
1h without shield
20 (2.4%)
2h
80 (9.8%)
polearm
31 (3.8%)
piker
37 (4.5%)
pure thrower
43 (5.3%)
hybrid thrower
31 (3.8%)
thrower + shield
29 (3.5%)
pure archer
48 (5.9%)
hybrid archer
20 (2.4%)
pure xbow
32 (3.9%)
hybrid xbow
34 (4.2%)
mauler
48 (5.9%)
1h cav
40 (4.9%)
lancer cav
80 (9.8%)
HA
34 (4.2%)
HX
64 (7.8%)
horse thrower
26 (3.2%)
13 shield skill class
42 (5.1%)
kicks!
31 (3.8%)
punches!
11 (1.3%)

Total Members Voted: 209

Author Topic: nerf!!!  (Read 4889 times)

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
Re: nerf!!!
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2012, 07:10:10 pm »
I voted for all the class i played.

Can't believe 5 people voted for punching. Must be leechers.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2012, 07:13:13 pm »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

LEAVE c-rpg ALONE!
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2012, 07:50:11 pm »
+3
Thread is fail. No dev giveafuck about your poll.

To address an issue with this thread: Currently, Polearms are slightly less obscenely overpowered than they were, because of polestun removal. I can still spinstab, 360 sideswing, all that jazz with no problem.

Cav is not OP. They pay more upkeep, and are more effective. In an open field vs an archer or 1hander, sure cav has advantage. If it did not, WTF would be the point. End of cav discussion.

2handed...2handers are horribly overpowered, from their 2 slot sheathable weapons. (Best polearms are 3 slot, unsheathable, or 3 slots AND unsheathable, best bows are also 3 slot <Rusbow + arrows = 3 slots, cause bow without arrows is NOT a weapon>, best 1handers are slower than 2handers or stupidly short.)

So, as a 2hander, I can bring my main weapon, which due to turkish oversight when making the game, is faster than 1handers, since speed at pivot point does NOT equal speed at radial point. With this incredibly powerful and fast weapon, straight out of Final Fantasy or some Crapanese animation, I can bring....a shield, so I dont get shot, with a shortsword or dagger incase I want to mock a newb, or....a crossbow and bolts, and be more accurate than a non-agistacked archer, or...a bamboo spear, to ENSURE I dont get lanced from any angle...WHILE AT THE SAME TIME CARRYING THE MOST EFFECTIVE MELEE WEAPONS IN THE GAME.

WTF.

Just

WTF.

The Danish and German need a realism buff. They need to be unbalanced, unable to block, 10 points slower, and unsheathable. THEN they might be representative of something used IRL at some point in human history. Currently they are straight out of Manga wetdreams. Flamberge also is a WTF weapon, noone is going to block with that. Noone alive today has steel wristbones bound in carbonfibre, so Im gonna asume noone 400 years ago did either.

As to the claymore...the one ingame is a "tad" oversized, since a claymore is just a broadsword, or bastard sword.

So, tbh, if you think cav is dangerous, your really need to use your brain, sure when 2 of them catch you alone maybe they get you, but a gank is a gank. It would also be stupid if they payed more for the horse and DIDNT get an advantage. But mid battle: They are loud *sure not loud enough, but still easily audible, except that stupidly fail map "Waning Cold" I believe its called*, they are easy to hit with ranged weapons, they are easy to spot, and are very fragile in the legs.

So lock this thread, and start a new one titled: How underaged, undereducated fans of Hollywood and Japanese animations have blown our realistic perseptions of what a balanced game is out the window, all due to massive weapons.

ALSO: WHY o WHY was 1handed nerfed? Stupid "Spin nerf" didnt affect my polespam, only slowed my 2handed spinlolstab down a tiny amount, but absolutely RAPED 1handed gameplay unless you are a leftswing-with-a-pick-or-spammitar tard.

Time has come for balance. Not "The opinions of balance-team" or "The result of a failpoll", but balance on what is obvious from the stats of the weapons, the limitations of the engine, and the fact that EVERYONE who wants an accurate idea of how a weapon will perform compares it to 2handed greatswords.
I don't know enough

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2012, 08:08:36 pm »
"We don't have a mermaid science programme", National Ocean Service spokeswoman Carol Kavanagh told the BBC.
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline Latrinenkobold

• Earl
  • Renown: 332
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Stop the nerfs
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hagur
« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2012, 08:26:45 pm »
Devs should implent a jump kick which works like chambering and if you time him correctly it knocks down the enemy which tried to kick you  :D

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2012, 09:01:37 pm »
Devs should implent a jump kick which works like chambering and if you time him correctly it knocks down the enemy which tried to kick you  :D

Post of the day.
I don't know enough

Offline Lemmy_Winks

• Count
  • Renown: 241
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lemmy_Winks
« Reply #51 on: July 03, 2012, 10:24:40 pm »
So i guess lancer cav and 2h are getting nerfed then? Not sure why nerf 2h poles are still better, more length, more damage, extra sheild damage, and same speed.

Offline Aderyn

• Earl
  • Renown: 365
  • Infamy: 243
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Aderyn
« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2012, 08:05:47 pm »
doubt anything will be done after results have been settled but i guess i'll say what i feel anyways.

Nerf bumpdamage on heavy cav. Shit needs to be tweaked. I think chadz is going the right way about revamping how you steer a horse. Shit aint no motorcycle.
Can't spell manslaughter without laughter.