Author Topic: 20 Months Later  (Read 6030 times)

Offline Miracle

• Count
  • Renown: 237
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: s0mali_piratez
  • Game nicks: Miracle
  • IRC nick: Miracle
Re: 20 Months Later
« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2012, 11:32:36 am »
+4
buff cav
also free allers, permaban digglez imo
is there anyone (NH members excluded) that would have an issue with that? basically allers is big pun and digglez is fat joe, nobody would say no to that trade

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 04, 2012, 11:33:46 am »
+1
enhance throwing hammers

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 04, 2012, 11:35:14 am »
sophisticate long mauls

Offline Miracle

• Count
  • Renown: 237
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: s0mali_piratez
  • Game nicks: Miracle
  • IRC nick: Miracle
« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2012, 11:36:57 am »
speed up katana
also free allers, permaban digglez imo
is there anyone (NH members excluded) that would have an issue with that? basically allers is big pun and digglez is fat joe, nobody would say no to that trade

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
« Reply #49 on: July 04, 2012, 11:38:20 am »
+11
rename elegant poleaxe to gentlemans poleaxe
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline Gomer

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 368
  • cRPG Player
  • Skill Crutcher
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Gomer
« Reply #50 on: July 04, 2012, 12:10:59 pm »
That's what we've been doing for a long time, and the changes and nerfs you attribute to the community whine are actually part of it.

Sorry to disappoint you.
Biggest Troll Ever? Suggestion Corner....
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline MB passionately

• Knight
  • Renown: 27
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Sarissas
« Reply #51 on: July 04, 2012, 12:12:51 pm »
+3

The majority of the players in crpg spend more than 500 hours of playing, I would guess most more than 1000 hours. So let me be a heretic and say that 90% of these "thats unfair, should be nerfed/buffed etc" come from players who are a bit bored or are so anxious to lose their privileges they fought so hard for.

I bet most crpg players dont play other modules like native or WFaS anymore. Neither me, they got so boring. MB Native mod is full of "I want to make the kill despite 6vs1 melee" guys, WFaS a nice game, but just a few good teams there (Barabe one of them) and strange realism.

The level of competitiveness in crpg is shocking at the beginning.
And it´s not only some OP Kuyak running around with high stats and MW shit in his hands, its the teamplay. As infantry, if you loose sight with the main body of the team, your chances to survive shrink dramatically. On the other hand, with a small platoon of 5 or 6 clanmates, you get decent kills and survive longer. Of course one can ninja, play lonesome cav or archer, but it´s rarely as rewarding.
Plus, some inf classes dont work without teamwork (especially hoplite/pike classes). Also good cav players are not the selfish predators looking for easy backstabbing kills, but those who cav advance with a team or cover the retreat of a squad from time to time.

Ok, to make a long blah blah short:

crpg´s teamplay is not 100%, but most of the big clans emphasize it and it´s one of their main reason for success.
After all, it´s just a game where people log in, play a few (or more :lol:) rounds, kill or die and then spawn again. In real life everybody would stick together as we all got only one life- in a game a lot of players dont want to listen to commands, want to try out things etc. We´re hedonists while we play!

Devs cannot influence everything, they just give us players a frame. And they are successful with it, as this great mod is really addictive.
Looking forward to the new assist system tho!

just play just play just play just play just play

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2012, 12:41:58 pm »
+1
teamwork depends on the map played

open field maps tend to increase teamplay, village maps do the opposite

This.

The only time I saw teamwork in crpg is somewhere after the wipe when everyone was playing on EU4 which had mostly large random plains in rotation and lots of players.

The only way crpg players will stay in something resembling a formation is to make random :chaaarge: not work against a team which fights in formation, and the only chance of that happening is in open plains.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 12:45:31 pm by bruce »
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #53 on: July 04, 2012, 01:25:00 pm »
That's what we've been doing for a long time, and the changes and nerfs you attribute to the community whine are actually part of it.

Sorry to disappoint you.

devs did greate job,
+1

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #54 on: July 04, 2012, 01:41:28 pm »
+4
In my opinion teamplay is part of playing as infantry as much as archers need to find a good shooting position or cavalry needs to wait until someone turns his back to them.

People will always claim that a good infantryman can play a Ninja and sneak upon enemy archers and suddenly kill a few of them, but if he would move with other infantry, and keep formation (shields in front, two handed weapons behind them, doesn't mean you have to walk "in line", a loose formation is perfectly enough) you can kill them in any way. Same about fighting multiple enemies. Never mind how awesome a single player is, if he is supported properly he can always kill more enemies than on his own. That's why it's mandatory for infantry to play as a team.

You can see the need very well when comparing to other classes. The different cavalry classes for example can't support each other at all. If anything, they are useful as a distraction for the enemy, and that's not bound to cavalry. Still they can be fend off by spearmen/pikemen and countered by ranged players.

Ranged players on the other side can support each other only a bit. There is a mechanic that in a bunch of ranged players every ranged player more increases the overall strength of the group not linearly but exponentially. But it doesn't matter much if those are archers, crossbowmen or throwers. All that counts for them is that the guy next to them is shooting enemies as well and thus protecting them. Still they remain weak against shielders, given that the same amount of shielder approaches the group of ranged players.

But infantry is something completely different! Take for example a group with a shielder, a 2hd swordman and a pikeman. Suddenly such a group has no counter any more, but offers the counter to everything! There is no class which, combined into a group of three, can deal with such a group easily, if the infantry group knows how to play together. No combination of cavalrymen can suddenly render the pike useless against them, and no group of ranged players can suddenly make the shield stop catching missiles. The extend in which the different infantry classes can buf each other exceeds the extend of buff of all other classes by far.

That's why I think that even pubs, who don't play in a clan, should play as a team to maximize their performance. It can't be that I am the only one who had that insight about teamplay.  :?

I know there is the point about player who give a fuck about their multiplier or winning rounds, all they want to do is to fight. Which led me to the insight that the battle mode is wrong for both, players who want to win battles and players who want to win fights. That's why I made another topic about different game modes. It would be nice to see how the suggestions and nerf cries develop when the community gets "divided" that way. I bet the "duelists" will still complain about cav bein OP, while it will be heavily UP on the teamplay servers. Along with a few other discrepancies.  :wink:
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 01:46:25 pm by Joker86 »
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline sharker807

• Dumbass of the Year 2013
  • Knight
  • Renown: 37
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: sir_custard_chucker
« Reply #55 on: July 04, 2012, 01:43:50 pm »
nerf cav, that's all they need to do

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 04, 2012, 01:44:25 pm »
+3
please, someone teach Joker86 to make short, comprehensive posts instead of those essays from which the point can be summed up in one sentence

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #57 on: July 04, 2012, 01:47:48 pm »
+4
please, someone teach Joker86 to make short, comprehensive posts instead of those essays from which the point can be summed up in one sentence

I do it to prevent people of misunderstanding me. If I write "teamplay is essential part of the infantry gameplay", the next wise guy will come around and write "lol no, idiot. I sneak upon archers and sometimes I don't die and can kill a few of them."

Btw. I don't know how people think that the conversation about a matter like basic gameplay and balance can be lead with posts of one to three sentences.  :?
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Gomer

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 368
  • cRPG Player
  • Skill Crutcher
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Gomer
« Reply #58 on: July 04, 2012, 01:48:09 pm »
It's a forum not a phone sex line. Keep it short and sweet and get to the point.
THIS +1

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC