Author Topic: cRPG: status and plans  (Read 58344 times)

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
Re: cRPG: status and plans
« Reply #240 on: July 21, 2012, 11:10:45 pm »
Like RON Paul RULES! accidentally the whole sheet?
Agreed.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #241 on: July 21, 2012, 11:53:51 pm »
Why would we stop working on the mod but keep posting on the boards?
That said, there will be big changes somewhere in August (unless something goes very wrong).
Yay!

If you need testers, you know where to find me!
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 22, 2012, 02:58:01 am »
Why would we stop working on the mod but keep posting on the boards?
That said, there will be big changes somewhere in August (unless something goes very wrong).

One post can change everything; yours did :wink:
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 03:01:11 am by Butan »

Offline Adam_Bomb

• Knight
  • Renown: 54
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Im_With_Stupid, Someones_Alt
« Reply #243 on: July 24, 2012, 11:55:09 pm »
Therefore, we'll change the system to something that rewards personal skill and risk more. It will be, among other factors, proximity based, as we had in the early versions of cRPG. It will definately not be purely kill based, we don't want to reward fraghunters over teamplayers. It will also not reward proximity leechers. You can expect this change soon.

Sorry if this has been addressed, didnt have the time to read 17 pages.. So does "proximity based" mean that someone who makes the majority of their kills from long range (arby user) will be screwed when it comes to XP gain?
I don't know how you can watch with_stupid, every time i see him play i want to put infants in a blender.

Offline Dooz

• Duke
  • Renown: 674
  • Infamy: 165
  • Horrible_Human
    • View Profile
    • Wasteland Fight Club
« Reply #244 on: July 26, 2012, 02:33:17 am »
Big changes in August scares me. Change is scary. Or dolla dolla bills ya'll for me.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Micah

• Duke
  • Renown: 539
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Micah_Senpai_von_Krems Glance_the_Useless_von_Krems Arielle_the_little_Mermaid
« Reply #245 on: July 28, 2012, 06:00:51 pm »
... we'll hold them back for the sequel ...
+
... there will be big changes somewhere in August ...
=
(click to show/hide)
I am writing long winded essays in shitty english.

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 28, 2012, 07:16:59 pm »

Therefore, we'll change the system to something that rewards personal skill and risk more. It will be, among other factors, proximity based, as we had in the early versions of cRPG. It will definately not be purely kill based, we don't want to reward fraghunters over teamplayers. It will also not reward proximity leechers. You can expect this change soon.

All great points chadz but hopefully you will reward players providing "assists" or giving damage to the other team.  As a hopilite I distract, weaken and sometimes kill opponents while giving a chance for my heavier hitting team mates to finish them off.  Also support players give good service for unhorsing cavalry.  If xp is to be based on performance, these types of actions should be accounted for also.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #247 on: July 28, 2012, 07:28:08 pm »
+1
Killing horses should definitely give some type of reward. Perhaps only if they are killed when someone is riding them, I can imagine the frenzy to kill a riderless horse otherwise.

Offline Shub

• Knight
  • Renown: 27
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 28, 2012, 10:19:48 pm »
+1
I would be happy to see System msges ,reports of dmg dealth , headshots and crit -just like  it was done in singleplayer . I miss that a lot.
Its like mini achivment -to see u  have dealt 9999 dmg to some thing . \o/

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #249 on: July 29, 2012, 11:05:00 pm »
Killing horses should definitely give some type of reward. Perhaps only if they are killed when someone is riding them, I can imagine the frenzy to kill a riderless horse otherwise.
People who aim for your horse and not you are dickless cowards and deserve no reward, people who kill random running horses (fuck I've even been TK'd by a guy who tried to kill the fucking horse I was mounting several times) deserve to have a multi taken away from them.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #250 on: July 29, 2012, 11:20:08 pm »
People who aim for your horse and not you are dickless cowards and deserve no reward, people who kill random running horses (fuck I've even been TK'd by a guy who tried to kill the fucking horse I was mounting several times) deserve to have a multi taken away from them.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • Renown: 424
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Murmillus_Prime
« Reply #251 on: July 30, 2012, 03:22:55 am »
At fifteen, I had the will to  learn ; at thirty, I could stand ; at forty, I had no  doubts ; at fifty, I understood the heavenly Bidding ;  at sixty, my ears were opened ; at seventy, I could  do as my heart lusted without trespassing from the  square.!
Dumbfuck.Fuckwit.Cuntshit.Brickfuck.

Offline BD_Baby_Wolf

• Baron
  • Renown: 106
  • Infamy: 47
  • Boobs!
    • View Profile
    • Arideas
  • Faction: Guards
  • Game nicks: Guard_BD_Baby_Wolf
« Reply #252 on: July 30, 2012, 01:08:28 pm »
I don't think this is good idea. You should put a cap on wpf, somewhere around 160 imho but you should also further decrease effects armor weight has on wpf. Making builds with 200 or more wpf in single proficiency possible isn't the best way to balance things.

This is coming from someone who currently has 176 wpf in 2H and has more than 170 wpf for almost a year. Buff hybrids instead, allow people with 8 WM to have 150 wpf in 3 different weapon proficiencies (with higher WM allow them to reach cap in 3 or more categories).

Basically what I'm suggesting is to buff those with high WM skill the most, and to scale wpp gain for lower WM levels like this:

7 WM - 3 x 130 wpp, 2 x 150 wpp
6 WM - 3 x 100 wpp, 2 x 140 wpp
5 WM - 3 x 75 wpp, 2 x 120 wpp, 1 x 160 wpp
4 WM - 3 x 50 wpp, 2 x 100 wpp, 1 x 140 wpp
3 WM - 2 x 75 wpp, 1 x 120 wpp
2 WM - 1 x 100 wpp
1 WM - 1 x 75 wpp
0 WM - 0 wpp

Bring back variety into combat, don't support extreme builds. Don't nerf moderate to semi-extreme str builds, totally nerf extreme str builds (those with 3 agi and no wm), buff high agi builds so they are more versatile in combat but don't give them more damage.

+1 here.
Augment your reality, the easy way!

Offline Visconti

• Count
  • Renown: 278
  • Infamy: 52
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Velucan
  • Game nicks: Tristran_Steward_of_TKoV
« Reply #253 on: July 30, 2012, 02:17:13 pm »
I don't think this is good idea. You should put a cap on wpf, somewhere around 160 imho but you should also further decrease effects armor weight has on wpf. Making builds with 200 or more wpf in single proficiency possible isn't the best way to balance things.

This is coming from someone who currently has 176 wpf in 2H and has more than 170 wpf for almost a year. Buff hybrids instead, allow people with 8 WM to have 150 wpf in 3 different weapon proficiencies (with higher WM allow them to reach cap in 3 or more categories).

Basically what I'm suggesting is to buff those with high WM skill the most, and to scale wpp gain for lower WM levels like this:

7 WM - 3 x 130 wpp, 2 x 150 wpp
6 WM - 3 x 100 wpp, 2 x 140 wpp
5 WM - 3 x 75 wpp, 2 x 120 wpp, 1 x 160 wpp
4 WM - 3 x 50 wpp, 2 x 100 wpp, 1 x 140 wpp
3 WM - 2 x 75 wpp, 1 x 120 wpp
2 WM - 1 x 100 wpp
1 WM - 1 x 75 wpp
0 WM - 0 wpp

Bring back variety into combat, don't support extreme builds. Don't nerf moderate to semi-extreme str builds, totally nerf extreme str builds (those with 3 agi and no wm), buff high agi builds so they are more versatile in combat but don't give them more damage.

Best idea in thread, +1
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
« Reply #254 on: July 30, 2012, 06:08:42 pm »
I agree, I hope that more than speeding up those with high WPF, that this new curve actually SLOWS DOWN those who invest little to nothing in WPF (and WM to that matter).
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE