Author Topic: cRPG: status and plans  (Read 56825 times)

Offline matt2507

• King
  • Renown: 1013
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • It is when making anything that we become anyone.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Raylin The_Village_Idiot Mohamed_Ali
Re: cRPG: status and plans
« Reply #120 on: June 26, 2012, 04:33:02 pm »
but if the remuneration system is changed, the repair system will also be changed ?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

No donkeys were harmed in the making of this gif.

Offline Duckzern

• Baron
  • Renown: 87
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
  • Slurchenburch
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Duckzern
  • IRC nick: Duckzern
« Reply #121 on: June 26, 2012, 04:49:42 pm »
This is going to be good.
Butts

Offline mandible/splinteryourjaw

• Knight
  • Renown: 50
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 26, 2012, 06:14:39 pm »
If proximity and kill bonus to xp occurs can there please be something re teamhits/kills.

Even now with no xp bonus two of the most dangerous things to do with teammates nearby is to kill a horse or knock an opponent down. You then tend to get spammed by teammates desperate for a no skill kill on prone opponent. I tend to run after getting the knockdown if teammates nearby.

Any xp bonus should be tempered by penalties for teamhit/kill, possibly with a tolerance (maybe enemy kill based rather than time to allow for active fighters) before penalties kick in to allow for occasional slips. There will some trolls who will abuse this but thats what reporting and admins are there for. Plus any troll will quickly receive a disproportionate amount of teamhits so would be easy to identify from stats as well as observed behaviour.

The reporting mechanism does not work, has no teeth and is very divisive. I understand the thinking but it simply doesnt work and with xp bonus for kills there could be alot of rage with respect to th/k with direct loss of xp from teammates spam and kill stealing.

IDK the answer for this but I have to disagree w/teamhit/kill penalties.  It already sucks for archers.  I can't tell you how many times other players run in front of me when I am at full draw.  About 75% of the time I see them and can drop my bow, the other times I release as they move into the line of fire at close range.  They then have the nerve to report me for a teamhit.

I've also been reported for shooting into a castle at defenders guarding the main ladder.  Not knowing it I guess some of my team had entered another entrance and as my arrow whizzed past the main entrance it must have hit a team member because I was reported for a TH w/no teammates in my line of sight.

On poor ping (and sometimes on good ping) servers I can't tell you how many times my own teammates have outran my arrow and entered its path to get hit...yes it happens especially at longer distances.

It is a lot better but sometimes if I have an arrow nocked and get bumped or hit it will randomly fire and for some reason lately my arrow has been releasing early (but this my be a mechanical problem on my end.)

I have been TH/TK many times and have only reported the offender one time; when another archer kicked me off the wall because he wanted the arrow I wanted.  I think this system is poorly thought out, similar to killing everybody in an entire city because 1 has the cooties. 

Most of the time TH/TK are a part of the game and simply result from a teammate trying to help.  If you think it is a greedy SOB looking for an easy kill then leave and let him have it unless you also want the easy kill.  I like kills also, but would rather put one arrow in everybody I see.

I would like to know when you guys are going to add deployable salt blocks, scented with "horse in heat" urine, to the item store.  I want to buy some for battle so I can toss them in the field, and when all the cav run to lick the block: I'll shoot them in the ass!!!    from the back just like they do me :twisted:

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 26, 2012, 07:10:58 pm »
Uhh I'm not complaining. For me 8PS + 38cut gets the job done. Just saying the only reason I went up that high is to be efficient against everyone else who is also that high so I don't care what happens cuz people will just re-adjust to whatever is most efficient anyways. I'd go back to 18-18 in a second if STR was nerfed.
Well at least you adjusted rather than complain like many. STR IMO doesn't need anymore nerfs aside from maybe what will be a changed WPF curve so people with no weaponmaster might swing slower which is fine. If that's done though it would be nice if heavy armors went back to being able to take hits without being staggered by every little hit.

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • Renown: 604
  • Infamy: 327
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 26, 2012, 09:28:53 pm »
I better start playing on my main hardcore to get it to level 35 before it becomes really hard with old cRPG exp/gold system... unless of course I get my level 40 back from old cRPG or levels changes WITH the exp/gold system.

I have 21 million exp until 35, and level 39 was a total of like 21 million exp in old cRPG. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Offline TurmoilTom

• King
  • Renown: 1089
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't really play that much anymore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
« Reply #125 on: June 26, 2012, 09:48:05 pm »
+2
I'll believe this when I see it.

Offline Toffi

• Knight
  • Renown: 43
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Honoured Guard)
« Reply #126 on: June 26, 2012, 10:32:30 pm »
To be honest I don't like one of these "changes". But well... we'll see...  :rolleyes:

Offline Ujio

• Knight
  • Renown: 70
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 26, 2012, 10:51:16 pm »
Graphical version of Strategus? Do you mean like an ingame world map?

Good shielders build arent slow (and if they are, their shields tank more) and like you say they "autoblock", a reather good useless feature.

Shieldbashing in a duel would net you a free hit everytime, too powerful.

Knockdown chance is already high enough so that if you want to knockdown people, use a weapon that can.

To be honest, I don't think shield bash would/should be any different from a kick. It should an aesthetic difference, just different animations but the same effect, maybe slightly more damage
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 11:04:16 pm by Ujio »

"By protecting Men, you save yourself."

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #128 on: June 26, 2012, 11:09:10 pm »
Graphical version of Strategus? Do you mean like an ingame world map?

To be honest, I don't think shield bash would/should be any different from a kick. It should an aesthetic difference, just different animations but the same effect, maybe slightly more damage

Except for the fact that you can't effectivly kick as a shielder.

Offline Vingnir the Wanderer

• Knight
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Snowhawk
  • Game nicks: Ving
« Reply #129 on: June 26, 2012, 11:14:50 pm »
Guess I'm going to have to spend those points i was finally gonna get some IF with on wm  :cry:

Why? Why must I never have any hitppoints on my hybrid? was just going to stop retiring and get some, and now this lol

Doesnt pay to be a knight, in Crpg, how ironic  :rolleyes: (Lance/1h/shield)  :P

I kind of like Lesh's idea with the caps and the hybrid allowance.  Of course, I'm a hybrid, so i would, but, I do see the issues involved too, think it could be balanced though, if it wasnt the only thing you did for balances sake.

maybe somehow make it easier to hybrid in melee weapons only, as thats a department most people dont have a problem w/ buffing, whenever hybrid buffing comes up, it always comes down to throwing/ranged concerns, not the OPness of multiple melee proficiencies...?

« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 11:22:13 pm by Vingnir the Wanderer »

Offline Ujio

• Knight
  • Renown: 70
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 26, 2012, 11:20:33 pm »
Except for the fact that you can't effectivly kick as a shielder.

Not quite sure what you mean

"By protecting Men, you save yourself."

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Magikarp ; Merciless_Charlemagne
  • IRC nick: Magikarp
« Reply #131 on: June 26, 2012, 11:20:53 pm »
Guess I'm going to have to spend those points i was finally gonna get some IF with on wm  :cry:

Why? Why must I never have any hitppoints on my hybrid? was just going to stop retiring and get some, and now this lol

Doesnt pay to be a knight, in Crpg, how ironic  :rolleyes: (Lance/1h/shield) hehehe
The devs didn't like varied playstyles on one character, they'd rather have cavalry who just couch/stab people from behind as their one and only purpose, archers who keep running away because they can't melee effectively (and simply because they canĀ©).

However, it seems they have found out that this needs fixing, and combat needs to be more about picking a playstyle, instead of being forces to play one way.
Don't mind the fish.

Offline Vingnir the Wanderer

• Knight
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Snowhawk
  • Game nicks: Ving
« Reply #132 on: June 26, 2012, 11:31:23 pm »
For hybrids, you could just make it cheaper to get points in MELEE profiencies ONLY. With a cap, that eliminates' too far' extremes, and encourages multiple weapon proficiencies. (Less of a steep curve on the points spent vs wpf)

Then you eliminate buffing the ranged hybrids mostly. 

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #133 on: June 27, 2012, 12:03:10 am »
+1
Not quite sure what you mean

The reason kicks are good as a 2her or polearm user is because the only downsode is you cant moce for a second, but you can still block. As a shielder when you kick you lower your shield and thus you can get hit.

Offline Visconti

• Count
  • Renown: 278
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Velucan
  • Game nicks: Tristran_Steward_of_TKoV
« Reply #134 on: June 27, 2012, 07:34:16 am »
+1
I just hope the devs will fix melee combat. The turn speed nerf is fine on stabs, but it completely broke overheads. If an enemy is moving around, it is impossible to track them with an overhead, making combat feel dull and boring since all i can do is side swing.
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies