Author Topic: cRPG: status and plans  (Read 56819 times)

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Magikarp ; Merciless_Charlemagne
  • IRC nick: Magikarp
Re: cRPG: status and plans
« Reply #105 on: June 25, 2012, 09:40:00 pm »
I disagree, chadz is Great, but a bit thickheaded too.
Not only chadz, we all are. For when people think they have a great idea, they won't accept it when people say it's not that quickly. chadz, cmpx and all the other devs are no exception to this. It's all the better when they realize they did things wrong, nor is it bad to critique any ideas of the devs. Thus, I agree with with you, that post of him wasn't thought true at all.

And now a smily, because this post is too serious:  :D.
Don't mind the fish.

Offline Skurwiwij

• Knight
  • Renown: 79
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Pera Sudinoi
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: Nord_Skurwiwij
« Reply #106 on: June 25, 2012, 10:00:00 pm »
Happy

This really happened.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Find out what a Skurwiwij is here!

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 26, 2012, 01:23:31 am »
+2
They can nerf str builds if they want, the only reason I have 24-12 str build is to actually be able to hurt other STR builds. If I had 18 it would take me 5+ hits to kill way too many people even with a hard hitting 38c 1h. I'd go back to 18-18 if it was more viable.
I'm constantly amazed WHY some players think they should be able to kill a strength build easily with a CUT weapon! Plus Ih is not supposed to be the king of damage either (if it was why use 2h or polearms?) so 1h + cut weapon you shouldn't expect to wreck strength builds. Use a warhammer. IMO for melee, polearms and 2h blunt and pierce should be the best strength killers. 1h trades power for the ability to use a shield.

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
  • Renown: 535
  • Infamy: 960
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • O===((:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: GTX
  • IRC nick: GTX
« Reply #108 on: June 26, 2012, 02:55:54 am »
I'm constantly amazed WHY some players think they should be able to kill a strength build easily with a CUT weapon! Plus Ih is not supposed to be the king of damage either (if it was why use 2h or polearms?) so 1h + cut weapon you shouldn't expect to wreck strength builds. Use a warhammer. IMO for melee, polearms and 2h blunt and pierce should be the best strength killers. 1h trades power for the ability to use a shield.

Remember the insane speed. They are the only class which can actually still confuse people with feints.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 26, 2012, 03:07:35 am »
Ability to use a shield barely means anything in melee, except slower movement and slower blocks. It used to be very good when the game was new and everybody was crap at blocking.

It already takes a fuckton of attacks before one of them actually lands and does damage in an average level duel. In order to maintain melee reasonably balanced with the much easier to hit projectile weapons, melee combat has to be lethal.

Offline Snickers

• Baron
  • Renown: 95
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 26, 2012, 04:16:15 am »

4. Strategus
As seen in the last strategus patch, I'm trying to bring more and easier battles back into Strategus. I feel I've done an error with trying to shove economics into the gameplay so hard. They will stay a part of the game, but I intend them to be a bonus for clans and individual players, not the fundament like i tried before. Which was stupid. Micromanagement shouldn't be a necessity to play the game.

In the end, strategus is a game to fight epic battles, and that should be the main focus.

Apart from that, Harald has been working hard on a new graphical version of strategus, that fits with the current website and in general has the usual awesomeness of Harald. However, that is a big project, so no ETA on that yet.

Will there be a strat wipe? Me thinks when this is implemented strat should reset so some clans can start playing again.

Offline TehSoviet

• Knight
  • Renown: 40
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Blondekhan_BRD
« Reply #111 on: June 26, 2012, 05:23:50 am »
chadz. . Any time I've rambled about piking you through the chest, badmouthed you, cursed beneath my breath and raged brutally over your lazy antics, I regret it all. You are redeemed, beneath the blazing sun of the plains, the shining moon of the night, the frosted currents of the north and the glittering glaciers of the oceans! You are cleansed, purged, scrubbed, parted of all sins and evil-doings.

Our dear leader, chadz, born of a hummingbird, ruler of Emperors. Not the deity we deserve. . But the one we need.

Praise chadz! Hallelujah!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 06:10:22 am by TehSoviet »

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #112 on: June 26, 2012, 05:49:12 am »
+1
cRPG developper talking about planned stuff.

Mod is truely dead.
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline Knute

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 682
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
« Reply #113 on: June 26, 2012, 06:28:18 am »
Will there be a strat wipe? Me thinks when this is implemented strat should reset so some clans can start playing again.

Prices on bought/crafted equipment were reduced by 50% so people are already transitioning from peasant wars to heavy armor and all types of gear again. 

Also, there's now a separate efficiency for members of a faction that own a village and visitors so clans don't have to lock a village down with 100 gold fees to keep the population down for high efficiency anymore.  So there's plenty of places to work and recruit if a clan wanted to get back into the game.

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #114 on: June 26, 2012, 07:10:52 am »
Ability to use a shield barely means anything in melee, except slower movement and slower blocks. It used to be very good when the game was new and everybody was crap at blocking.

It already takes a fuckton of attacks before one of them actually lands and does damage in an average level duel. In order to maintain melee reasonably balanced with the much easier to hit projectile weapons, melee combat has to be lethal.
Add SHIELDBASH . Unblockable strike with blunt damage which has chance to knockdown and staggers the person who got hit.
The mod is already like Jedi Academy with shitloads of people with gigantic lolswords i tried to make a shieldwall today on eu1 (It was late 3-5 am like 25v25) there were only 2 shielders besides me in the team we formed an epic shieldwall of 3 in an open field map ....
Give some love to shielders everyone can block manually average skill level of cRPG is really high now.
Shield is just a useless slow autoblock tool which forces you to use fucked up glanceswords or 25 blunt/pierce shortspam tools instead of using gigantic spammable 45 cut damage or 38 pierce damage weapons like 2 handers therefore no one play as shielders.
Make them useful add "shieldbash" feauture please .

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 26, 2012, 01:59:39 pm »
Shield is just a useless slow autoblock tool which forces you to use fucked up glanceswords or 25 blunt/pierce shortspam tools instead of using gigantic spammable 45 cut damage or 38 pierce damage weapons like 2 handers therefore no one play as shielders.

Good shielders build arent slow (and if they are, their shields tank more) and like you say they "autoblock", a reather good useless feature.

Shieldbashing in a duel would net you a free hit everytime, too powerful.

Knockdown chance is already high enough so that if you want to knockdown people, use a weapon that can.

Offline woody

• Earl
  • Renown: 407
  • Infamy: 138
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Woody, Weebo, Wreky
« Reply #116 on: June 26, 2012, 02:30:48 pm »
If proximity and kill bonus to xp occurs can there please be something re teamhits/kills.

Even now with no xp bonus two of the most dangerous things to do with teammates nearby is to kill a horse or knock an opponent down. You then tend to get spammed by teammates desperate for a no skill kill on prone opponent. I tend to run after getting the knockdown if teammates nearby.

Any xp bonus should be tempered by penalties for teamhit/kill, possibly with a tolerance (maybe enemy kill based rather than time to allow for active fighters) before penalties kick in to allow for occasional slips. There will some trolls who will abuse this but thats what reporting and admins are there for. Plus any troll will quickly receive a disproportionate amount of teamhits so would be easy to identify from stats as well as observed behaviour.

The reporting mechanism does not work, has no teeth and is very divisive. I understand the thinking but it simply doesnt work and with xp bonus for kills there could be alot of rage with respect to th/k with direct loss of xp from teammates spam and kill stealing.

Offline Reddy

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Red
« Reply #117 on: June 26, 2012, 03:33:28 pm »
Sounds promising, make me happy devs.
[00:23] * reddy slaps cmp around a bit with a large fishbot

Because I can.

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
« Reply #118 on: June 26, 2012, 03:48:02 pm »
+1
If the XP system is to be performance based - could ASSISTS be implemented? (worth half a kill or even 1/4)

I think that this could curb the TKing as the poster above mentioned, and would help a lot of classes like archers and players that are not 30 yet, etc.
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #119 on: June 26, 2012, 04:07:52 pm »

Uhh I'm not complaining. For me 8PS + 38cut gets the job done. Just saying the only reason I went up that high is to be efficient against everyone else who is also that high so I don't care what happens cuz people will just re-adjust to whatever is most efficient anyways. I'd go back to 18-18 in a second if STR was nerfed.