Author Topic: Turning speed nerf effects 1h more than 2h/pole.  (Read 12687 times)

Offline Vodner

• Duke
  • Renown: 526
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player
  • SaulCanner
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SaulCanner
Re: Turning speed nerf effects 1h more than 2h/pole.
« Reply #150 on: June 26, 2012, 12:03:54 am »
The thing about capping shield skill, is that it doesn't add additional ways for skilled shield users to shine. A parrying system might do that.

Personally I would like a directional blocking system with zero shield damage on successful blocks, and somewhat reduced shield health / resistance to compensate.

Offline Vingnir the Wanderer

• Knight
  • Renown: 50
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Snowhawk
  • Game nicks: Ving
« Reply #151 on: June 26, 2012, 12:08:39 am »
Well i didnt say get rid of parrying, and just do shield capping, just do both. The discussion is getting confusing, because we're talking about several things here. I'm saying dont penalize someone for holding thier shield up/buff someone who puts it up at the last second, as Cmp was suggesting, but yes, work on parrying as he suggested.  Play w/ parrying, AND test a shield cap and adjustment.

And shielders have a chance to shine - by getting better at the offensive side of things, and learning to protect their shield, (footwork, dodging, instead of turtling)  and by learnng who they should turtle against and who they cant afford to against.  The only thing that 'shines' in this game to most people is KD.  Your not going to increase your KD by extreme turtling.

However, a shielder can be VERY satisfying to play, if you dont totally obsess on the KD.  Your a line breaker. you can be a line pusher, the' point taker' on an offensive move and an ankle biter, your an arrow magnet, you can be an archers best friend, (or worse nightmare) you can be anti cav and create a bubble around your side (if you carry a cheap spear)...

So lets get to the REAL problem:

Wth is this 'huscarl shield' anyway?  I've never seen a Huscarl anywhere else, but this game, that has a shield like that....  :rolleyes:  I'd say replace the Huscarl w/ a new shield called champions heavy round shield, with new stats, more simular to a heavy round... Or maybe something else historical with a new look?  heavy, but slower? and maybe not 'quite' as resolute, because of the aforementioned new shield cap?

And i kinda like what your saying about directional, but THAT would be a huge adjustment I would think, in item by item balancing.

Shields last about as long as they should really, (I think) accept for the huscarl (especially loomed), that things silly. Its also too fast for its size

« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 01:16:10 am by Vingnir the Wanderer »

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #152 on: June 26, 2012, 03:58:41 am »
+1
I just want to have shield remain decent vs. multiple opponents. If this parrying helps against multiple opponents in any way, I'm fine. In the current definition given to me, I can picture parrying the first opponent, then every subsequent hit will deal additional damage to my shield. I won't be able to parry the first opponent because I have to block hits coming from those other directions, too. If shield speed is drastically increased so you can easily tap block with shield, then I'll be fine with parrying, too. Maybe the animation for the shield block makes me nervous, but I don't feel confident tap blocking with even the 100 speed shields compared to manual block.

If I want to fight 1v1, I can simply put my shield away. My joy out of this game right now is charging against 3-5 people and breaking through their defenses or even take a few of them out/coming out alive. Duels are boring in comparison to 1/few vs many and I just try to sneak in as many hits as possible so fights don't last more than 10 seconds at most.

Offline BranStark

• Knight
  • Renown: 40
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: BranStark_Astralis
« Reply #153 on: June 26, 2012, 04:13:39 am »
what Is the I don't fruhyrduydrgse

HOW DO YOU PEOPLE DEDUCE THESE THINGS?

Well lets see, I've been playing for over a year now. Ever since I started to play, the most dominant people in the game were, and have been 2 handers.

Now, with all these changes in recent patches, we see further nerfing of the polearm and shielder class. Say what you will, but it's obvious this patch has effected 1h and pole's the most, by far. So what remains relatively unchanged and still dominating every other class? 2 fucking handers. Seems pretty clear to me what the intentions of the developers are.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #154 on: June 26, 2012, 04:15:20 am »
If I get caught in a hiltslash, I don't see any more mind-games than having to block twice and then alt+f4'ing due to the growing brain tumor in my head that has occured during the duel and is now killing me in real life.

I think the biggest problem in the community is how split it is, one side wants a sort of simulator (I would be on this side, I'm fine with taking a bit of freedom and stuff but hiltslashes and spinning just looks ridiculous to me and apparently to alot of other people.)

And then the other side which want some sort of Arcade version where archers/crossbows/throwers are twitch-based quake railgunners and where everyone is spinning like a top to score skills.

This game reminds me a bit of GunZ, if anyone ever played that. I played back when it was relatively new, everything was good and dandy, players used the game mechanics as they were meant to be used. Fast forward to about a year, everyone was now glitching animations to do fucked up BUTTERFLY 360 SHOTGUNTOYOURFACE jAHFSJASHF bullshit, I don't exactly want cRPG to turn into this (Even though both Native and cRPG turned like that to a certain degree already, spazfeinting comes to mind.)

I'd like to see cRPG turn out to be something like GunZ lol, as long as it takes time to master and actually takes some skill to play.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vingnir the Wanderer

• Knight
  • Renown: 50
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Snowhawk
  • Game nicks: Ving
« Reply #155 on: June 26, 2012, 06:01:40 am »
woops (thought i was modifying but quoted myself,) 

Well i guess while i'm here - I do agree with you San in terms of whats fun as a 1h/shielder - fighting/blocking multiple people, and blocking them in sequences, while slippin in some slashes, is pretty epic. Lately, even though my KD is horrible, I'm seeming to get more dmg off than i take, almost everytime if i'm not taken out early, in 1 vs 3's and often kills to boot. (footwork, timing enemies blows, and picking sequential targets 1vs3+ is freekin adrenaline bottled, if not always the best tactic.)

I like fighting on ladders too, up or down, holding back attackers for 1/2 min at a time (If I really do well and survive that long), and throwing myself into a crowd waiting at the top of the ladder and pulling them off the rest of the assault in siege.

Bad for KD, great fun otherwise... Probably like being a running back in the NFL.

Gotta start focusing more on kills though... heh
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 06:25:14 am by Vingnir the Wanderer »

Offline EyeBeat

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 175
  • 20th BEST PLAYER IN HOSPITALLER
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: EyeBeat_The_Wanderer
  • IRC nick: EyeBeat
« Reply #156 on: June 26, 2012, 01:30:02 pm »
Man there should be 1h weapons that just swing left and right.... over hands are worthless.

Being a smallish community doesn't entitle you to act more like a dick than other communities.

Offline R_Kelly_On_You

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Turning speed
« Reply #157 on: June 26, 2012, 06:38:59 pm »
+1
What the fuck is this shit? put it back the way it was youre limiting everybodies abilities.

game is hard to play, and some weapons are completely impossible to use.

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #158 on: June 26, 2012, 06:53:16 pm »
Man there should be 1h weapons that just swing left and right.... over hands are worthless.

Overheads are pretty broken currently. Overheads were always a risky move and now they're kinda pointless.

Also,  jump spinning pikes did need to be fixed, 'cause that was pretty damn broken. But I think that this change went too far overall. It REALLY hurt hoplites (which were bad before) and thrusting poles. Why not put turn radius back to the way it was, and just nerf turn radius when jumping? That was the real problem anyway.

Offline duurrr

• Knight
  • Renown: 65
  • Infamy: 97
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: kekeeke
« Reply #159 on: June 26, 2012, 07:31:15 pm »
+1
i dont like melee so i make it buggy and retarded so people stop using it

also i buff range because we all know this game's point is to play ranged trolololol

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #160 on: June 26, 2012, 09:33:27 pm »
Ranged has took a steady stream of nerfs, especially compared to the early days, seems a bit more during the year and something I wasn't playing. There are still ranged players which do well, but if you played old crpg for a day you would be emotionally scarred or something. Still, I think they were better balanced after the first big huge series of archery nerfs, now they took it a bit too far. At least versus horses, which were once trivial to kill, then became decently hard to kill, and now are almost tanks in regards to taking ranged fire.

It had 2x the fire rate, more then 2x the damage (depending), far more arrow speed and accuracy in general, and you could use any kind of sidearm you wanted. And before that, when I started playing, there was the platearcher - imagine a plated great maul user (well, ok, sometimes you used flamberge... the old flamberge) with a bow with equivalent killing power of a modern-day arbalest, except with excellent fire-rate and vastly more accuracy & arrow speed.

And how I raged when I would try to charge this Druzhina archer my old friend which had a strongbow; you try to lance, if he's not sleeping, jumps to the side, oneshot bodyshot with old and veery fast strongbow. Har.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 09:37:58 pm by bruce »
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #161 on: June 26, 2012, 09:41:22 pm »
+1
Personally, the turning speed nerf effects me much less when using a 1her then it did when i was using a greatsword, although that may just be the nature of the weapons and the way the "lolstabs" are performed.

Edit: Obviously both are limited and not as fluid as they used to be, and that sucks.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 09:46:47 pm by oprah_winfrey »

Offline Stjitalurv

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 27, 2012, 03:18:33 am »
This turn-speed nerf feels just terrible. In my opinion it ruined the game. And its not just me crying. I see good players missing their hits for no reason. They do everything right, but the game physics is not. Something went really wrong with this nerf, something must be done! Im gonna play as ranged until its fixed..

Please fix it, I loved the game and mod, but now it sucks...

Offline Vkvkvk

• Baron
  • Renown: 106
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 27, 2012, 04:44:12 am »
This turn-speed nerf feels just terrible. In my opinion it ruined the game. And its not just me crying. I see good players missing their hits for no reason. They do everything right, but the game physics is not. Something went really wrong with this nerf, something must be done! Im gonna play as ranged until its fixed..

Please fix it, I loved the game and mod, but now it sucks...

If they miss then that's surely not because they did everything right.

Unless you mean hits going right THROUGH people, in which case it has nothing to do with the turn-speed nerf.

Offline Zerran

• Count
  • Renown: 276
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Caita_KUTT, Fellys_KUTT
« Reply #164 on: June 27, 2012, 04:47:55 am »
+1
Overheads are pretty broken currently. Overheads were always a risky move and now they're kinda pointless.

Also,  jump spinning pikes did need to be fixed, 'cause that was pretty damn broken. But I think that this change went too far overall. It REALLY hurt hoplites (which were bad before) and thrusting poles. Why not put turn radius back to the way it was, and just nerf turn radius when jumping? That was the real problem anyway.

Funny thing is, jump spins aren't really any harder with pikes. The timing is different, but that's it. In general, soloing with a pike isn't any different aside from having to adjust the timing to release the thrust later.

What's hard now is working with teammates, because spammy sideswingers can just duck between people and no one can hit them, as overheads cant turn fast enough to aim right, and thrusts run a much higher risk of hitting teammates.

So... teamwork got nerfed, solo spamming got buffed.