Author Topic: Weight/Health Thread.  (Read 6134 times)

Offline Stabby_Dave

• Count
  • Renown: 197
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Stabby_Dave, Squelch, Dave_The_Longbowman, Faggy_Dave
  • IRC nick: Stabby
Re: Weight/Health Thread.
« Reply #75 on: June 24, 2012, 05:30:59 pm »
My weight ebbs and flows with whether im in a relationship or not. Longer im with someone, fatter i get, if im single for 6 months ill have a 6 pack.

Generally though, im 5ft 9 (175cm) and like 11 1/2-12 stone (165 pounds).

Offline Blueberry Muffin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 749
  • Infamy: 119
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 27, 2012, 01:16:32 pm »
Try boxing christo, its very high enery output, gives you great stamina, and gives you a proper method of self defense. It also does a good job of toning your pectoral area, along with your shoulders and arms of course.

Buying a proper punchbag means laying out a few hundred euros though, and a sparring partner can be dangerous if you dont know what you are doing. Id suggest finding a boxing gym, there's usually a few in your area. They will have all the training equipment you need, give you proper instruction, and it isnt very expensive. Where I live, they charge me £5 at the door and I can stay all day if I want.

Also skipping is one of the best kinds of excerise, it sounds kinda gay, but it genuinely is a great way of excersising. Its one of the main excersises a boxer will train with, believe it or not.

Diet is also important, I never really abided by these strict diet when you must eat this amount of grams of spinach per day blah blah blah. I just eat mainly oriental food, lots of rice noodles, prawns etc. Its incredibly easy to cook for the most part, and is low fat. Oh yeah, it also tastes awesome!!!!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 01:20:36 pm by Blueberry Muffin »
Lizard_Man: Fuck all that! Rather buy me 4 cans of Stella..
Cymro: Wife beater stella
Lizard_Man: It'll get ya drunk! You'll be fucking fat girls in no time! You might even fight a nigga or two! Mmmm-mmm, bitch!

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
« Reply #77 on: June 27, 2012, 03:25:02 pm »
I got gloves, I got punching bags in the gym I go to, but I have no idea how to practice alone, if someone isn't holding the bag. Any tips?

Also, Muffin, I would appreciate some recipes, that rice noodles stuff sounds interesting. 
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 27, 2012, 03:27:45 pm »
I got gloves, I got punching bags in the gym I go to, but I have no idea how to practice alone, if someone isn't holding the bag. Any tips?

Also, Muffin, I would appreciate some recipes, that rice noodles stuff sounds interesting.

Skip noodles and go veggies and meat/chicken/fish only.

Offline Corwin

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 27, 2012, 03:29:28 pm »
Skip noodles and go veggies and meat/chicken/fish only.

No need, I did that, but I already started eating other stuff and I am still losing weight. I suppose more muscles and cardio are working.
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 27, 2012, 03:32:39 pm »
No need, I did that, but I already started eating other stuff and I am still losing weight. I suppose more muscles and cardio are working.

Make sure u eat lots of protein anyhow. Not only for dinner. Breakfast and such as well. Still i'd skip the pasta/potatoes and rice (maybe you can eat it sometimes if you really must/want to).

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #81 on: June 27, 2012, 04:22:10 pm »
Can't be arsed with diets and (not) eating certain types of food. I eat almost everything (within reason), train quite a lot and I'm neither fat nor a bulked up monster, just a well-trained normal person, just what I find right. :)
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Blueberry Muffin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 749
  • Infamy: 119
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 28, 2012, 09:48:34 pm »
+1
Corwin Id start with a simple asian broth. Its pretty simple, take 10 mins.

(click to show/hide)

Also another thing, for a few months now I eat sushi for lunch instead of a sandwich and a drink. Its usually pretty cheap and doesnt taste half bad,you can buy it from nearly all supermarkets. Doesnt compare to sushi in a proper sushi bar unfortunately.  :( :(

As for boxing, you need a punchbag that hangs from the ceiling preferably, or a good tower one with a base full of sand or water. If you are just using it to lose weight, you dont really need to know any proper techniques. So long as you know how to properly punch. Jabs with your left, followups and hooks with your right. Or vice versa if your left is stronger.

There's several ways of going about training.You can set a pattern for youself, such as, I must do 100 repititions of ' left, left, right'. Or even better, you can get someone to call the strikes out for you, because its very easy on your own to slip into bad habits, like punching more with your right when your left gets tired. If you dont want to do either of those, you can just call your own punches, but its very easy for your mind to wander, and get into the bad habits I just mentioned. If you do this, I would get a playlist of say...30 mins of music, to focus yourself, and you only can rest when you have played through the whole list.

Hope it helps.  :)
Lizard_Man: Fuck all that! Rather buy me 4 cans of Stella..
Cymro: Wife beater stella
Lizard_Man: It'll get ya drunk! You'll be fucking fat girls in no time! You might even fight a nigga or two! Mmmm-mmm, bitch!

Offline Corwin

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 28, 2012, 10:10:26 pm »
Yes, it does somewhat, thanks for bothering to write such a long post.

Alas, what you can find in supermarkets in UK and in Monteblack in spanish is obviously very different.

Offline Jacko

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fffnanguard!
  • Game nicks: Jacko
« Reply #84 on: June 29, 2012, 07:23:09 pm »
Been hiking hard the last month, down 5kg, not much fat left now, lol (not the intention). I lose weight easily, regular weight around 85kg (193cm), still I'm a skinny Runner type.

Basically train regularly (especially when you don't feel like it), don't eat more then you need (subjective but you get the point) and cut down on the carbs (more meat/veggies less pasta).

It all comes down to consistency, just train and eat with moderation.
Monkeys!

Offline TurmoilTom

• King
  • Renown: 1089
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't really play that much anymore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
« Reply #85 on: June 29, 2012, 10:15:49 pm »
CHICKEN MCNUGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETS

Offline v/onMega

• Count
  • Renown: 234
  • Infamy: 67
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bearzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_vMega
« Reply #86 on: June 30, 2012, 01:50:56 am »
I really red this.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #87 on: June 30, 2012, 02:37:41 am »
180cm in heigh and i weigh about 65kilo's, i pretty much never gain weight even tho i eat pretty unhealthy food, well not all of the time fortunately my mom makes a lot of healthy food and since she's been doing that for a long time i kinda like the taste of it (YES)..

Good in one way, not gaining weight, but if i would gain weight from it i would probably start excercising more lol. (no muscles here >_>)
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #88 on: June 30, 2012, 05:02:19 am »
Well I've been slowly getting some muscles (I should say getting back, had musculation class a year or so ago), but I doubt that'll be enough :(
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline TurmoilTom

• King
  • Renown: 1089
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't really play that much anymore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT