Poll

Nerf Fagchers ?

Sure
59 (19.9%)
Must
25 (8.4%)
Need
17 (5.7%)
YES PLEASE NERF IT , I'M my old friend BUT WE ARE OP !
29 (9.8%)
kebab
51 (17.2%)
No
116 (39.1%)

Total Members Voted: 295

Author Topic: Nerf Archery  (Read 27207 times)

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
Re: Nerf Archery
« Reply #255 on: September 29, 2012, 06:55:44 pm »
That may be, thing is I don't even bother (and many shielders will tell you the same) anymore. At least until I'm forced to chase archers, I will not do it cause it's a death trap. In battle mode of course, the context on siege can be different.

You know why? Because often 2 or 3 archers group together, yet it is a solo shielder that comes after them. 2 vs 1 my friend, yet these complaints come about like a shielder(or any other class) should be able to take on 2 ANYTHING and come out ahead. 2 shielders vs 2 archers? The only way the archers win is by running from the 1 shielder while shooting at the shielder chasing the other archer. Otherwise? Shielders walk down the archers or chase them off their hill and into cavalry pathing......result is dead archers, whether from the shielder or from a lance in the back.

Really, the complaints about not being able to solo two other players is tired. As you say, this is Battle mode, not Duels. (and if you really cant prevent a solo archer from raining down death as a shielder, switch classes)
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 29, 2012, 11:29:44 pm »
You know why? Because often 2 or 3 archers group together, yet it is a solo shielder that comes after them. 2 vs 1 my friend, yet these complaints come about like a shielder(or any other class) should be able to take on 2 ANYTHING and come out ahead. 2 shielders vs 2 archers? The only way the archers win is by running from the 1 shielder while shooting at the shielder chasing the other archer. Otherwise? Shielders walk down the archers or chase them off their hill and into cavalry pathing......result is dead archers, whether from the shielder or from a lance in the back.

Really, the complaints about not being able to solo two other players is tired. As you say, this is Battle mode, not Duels. (and if you really cant prevent a solo archer from raining down death as a shielder, switch classes)

Actually when any number of shielders go on attacking more than 2 archers, archers have the advantage. They can run away indefinetly from those chasing them, and they can shoot at the others at will. And that's fucked up.

I never wanted shielders to be effective in 1 vs x melee combat, but they actually do alright (more or less like 2h and polearms, it really depends on the playstyles). While being a pityful counter to archers, even though being designed as such.

Let's see how "fair" this is.

Frankly, what happens when one archers fights two 2h ? Two poles ? Two cav is a little harder since completely avoiding being bumped by the first one may be tricky, but it has been done.

Yet in your opinion it's totally fine the one class that ought to kill archers cannot do so ?

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #257 on: September 30, 2012, 12:30:01 am »
Actually when any number of shielders go on attacking more than 2 archers, archers have the advantage. They can run away indefinetly from those chasing them, and they can shoot at the others at will. And that's fucked up.

I never wanted shielders to be effective in 1 vs x melee combat, but they actually do alright (more or less like 2h and polearms, it really depends on the playstyles). While being a pityful counter to archers, even though being designed as such.

Let's see how "fair" this is.

Frankly, what happens when one archers fights two 2h ? Two poles ? Two cav is a little harder since completely avoiding being bumped by the first one may be tricky, but it has been done.

Yet in your opinion it's totally fine the one class that ought to kill archers cannot do so ?

My opinion is that your opinion is in fairy land somewhere. This thing you describe where archer WTFPWNS shielder? It doesn't happen in battle, even when the last 2 people are an archer and a shielder. Shielder hides or stands there absorbing arrows, waits for MOTD, goes takes it. Archer tries to get them, they get pwned in melee. If they aren't the last ones? Archer runs from their perch, gets lanced in back while trying to shoot around the shield. That's a non-skilled shielder. Skilled just goes and fucks the archer up.
Shielders kill archers all the time, easily, and more than the archers kill them in a 1vs1. What you seem to be mad about is that shielders aren't immune to archers and you can't auto-catch them. Being a counter doesn't mean wtfautowin.
When you are in a situation of 2 vs 2, guess who wins? The more skilled. If the archers are more skilled, they win. If the shielders are more skilled, they win. If they are even? The team with a backstabbing cavalry still alive wins.  :lol:
There isn't a problem with archers, though maybe there is one for shielders. You need to go beg for a BUFF for your class instead of complaining to NERF one that you can't handle.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 12:34:13 am by Rumblood »
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #258 on: September 30, 2012, 12:55:38 am »
Being a counter doesn't mean wtfautowin.
So, guess counter isn't the right word to describe archer vs anything that doesn't have 8+ ath and 0 armor?
When you are in a situation of 2 vs 2, guess who wins? The more skilled. If the archers are more skilled, they win. If the shielders are more skilled, they win.
How could two shielders possibly beat two archers who are actually trying to win? Catching the archers unless they try something stupid is pretty impossible.
There isn't a problem with archers, though maybe there is one for shielders. You need to go beg for a BUFF for your class instead of complaining to NERF one that you can't handle.
There is a problem with archers, they out range anything but other ranged units and they're faster than 99% of all  none ranged units, therefore they're invincible against 99% of none ranged units while still being able to effectively kill 100% of all players no matter what build the other player got.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 30, 2012, 02:45:52 am »
You need to go beg for a BUFF for your class instead of complaining to NERF one that you can't handle.

This is true, but I can't really think of a realistic way to buff shielders, except maybe a great reduction of their speed maluses.

Archers however, do have that kind of wtfautowin "counter" mechanic against classes that comprise the majority of the playerbase. 2h, poles and cav.

In all of these situations, the one absolute horribly wrong thing about archers is the ability (and need if you ask Xynox) to kite. Archers could be much more powerful and yet still balanced if they actually had to be confronted to something that kills them as often as melee char do. As I said, I'm terrible at aiming and predicting, but as an archer I only died when all my team did too, and was one of the last to go down when we lost. Cav is a non-issue if you don't stand in the middle of an alleyway or can dodge decently, everything else I can run from. Even better than that, as soon as people see me they just go away knowing I will flee if they chase me. The same survivability given to an archer with the looms + the aiming skill = OP.

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 30, 2012, 04:09:55 am »
Kafein, there's a difference in what can happen, and what does happen. Archers are weak. Move on.

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 30, 2012, 12:32:06 pm »
+3
Kafein, there's a difference in what can happen, and what does happen. Archers are weak. Move on.

Offline Arn_Magnusson

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
  • "cRPG is a disgrace!" - Abraham Lincoln
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ForlorN
  • Game nicks: ForlorN_Arn_Magnusson, French_Knight_the_Coward
  • IRC nick: Arn_Magnusson
« Reply #262 on: September 30, 2012, 02:11:47 pm »
+1

Rabbit you suck.

Offline Lorenzo_of_Iberia

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Peloponnesian League
  • Game nicks: Lorenzo_of_Numidia , PL_Hoplitai_Lorenzo
« Reply #263 on: September 30, 2012, 03:19:49 pm »
I cannot stress how annoyed I get when an archer draws a longbow / warbow while moving / sidestepping / jumping. I want these archers to break all their limbs when they do it, then i will purposely trample them over and over, nice and slow until they die :P Just saying :)
Your local Jav Cav

Looking for like Minded Hoplites? Look no further - http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,22631.0.html

Offline Lactose_the_intolerant

• Earl
  • Renown: 460
  • Infamy: 71
  • Byzantium the intolerant, lactose_the_...
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 30, 2012, 03:23:14 pm »
+4
archery is fine except :

-the occasional super arrow that hits your leg and takes 50% of your hp even though you have a tanky build (ok i just got shot at 75% just now)

-the super kiting ability of archers worsen by the fact that they make you breakdance when they hit
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 03:57:34 pm by Lactose_the_intolerant »

Offline Rextard

• Knight
  • Renown: 39
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Rextard, Rextardero, CornstablePonyGaper, CornporalCannonFodder
« Reply #265 on: September 30, 2012, 09:17:23 pm »
+3
You people who complain about archery, clearly haven't ever tried it and put up with all the bullshit involved, like arrows passing through models because someone decided to do a slight running turn, even though the arrow still goes into and through the model. Go nerf your balls.

Offline Arrowblood

• Duke
  • Renown: 508
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Arrowblood
« Reply #266 on: September 30, 2012, 09:43:09 pm »
archery is fine except :

-the occasional super arrow that hits your leg and takes 50% of your hp even though you have a tanky build (ok i just got shot at 75% just now)

-the super kiting ability of archers worsen by the fact that they make you breakdance when they hit
I love my dancing victims, but i mean i kite with 2 athl.

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 01, 2012, 10:09:08 pm »
I love my dancing victims, but i mean i kite with 2 athl.

Athletics, agility, light (or absence of) armor. It doesn't really matter. I mean it's even worse if you can actually kite most people only spending 2 points in ath.

Offline Arrowblood

• Duke
  • Renown: 508
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Arrowblood
« Reply #268 on: October 02, 2012, 06:44:44 am »
Yes its cos of 27 agi. But i think i spend my next points into powerstrike because only shooting is a bit boring :D

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 03, 2012, 06:15:27 pm »
...but as an archer I only died when all my team did too, and was one of the last to go down when we lost...

And then you had another dream, and then woke up? Get real, your pipe dreams are bullshit or you would main an archer instead of spending your time bitching on forums. Just GTFO
I don't know enough