Poll

Which c-RPG did you enjoy more (read page first)?

Vanilla c-RPG
106 (41.7%)
New c-RPG
148 (58.3%)

Total Members Voted: 254

Author Topic: Which cRPG did you prefer?  (Read 20304 times)

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
Re: Which cRPG did you prefer?
« Reply #270 on: June 03, 2012, 10:52:36 pm »
+1
no what is sad is that ppl who not where good exactly like him,  slowed the mod, for accomodate theyr lack of abilities. and now wanna teach lessons on the top players

This would kinda make sense if you weren't utter shit  :?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #271 on: June 03, 2012, 10:52:56 pm »
Then give the responsibility, permission to host servers and take care of the database and everything to a handful, dependable and responsible peeps?

I will happily give them the responsibility.
Obviously I won't give them the code.

Offline Momo

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _Momo_
  • IRC nick: Momo
« Reply #272 on: June 03, 2012, 10:54:47 pm »

Win.
I was the first one who started -1-ing everyone, now everyone does it to everyone.

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #273 on: June 03, 2012, 10:57:27 pm »
I just want new cRPG to be a tad faster. Not silly fast, just a notch. Say, +2 effective wpf per WM.

If you put up old cRPG it will really suck, because by now, at last, people have a clue how to build a toon. Sure the melee was fun. the archers not so much. And after the 50th time getting a throwing lance in the forehead, any of you would be a tad, dissapointed. Old cRPG is gone, all that is left is diamonds and rust.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 03, 2012, 10:57:33 pm »
Then our only chance is to troll Mercenaries mod dev/s into making a similar old-crpg mod.

Offline BlackMilk

• Polearm Lover
  • Earl
  • Renown: 370
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: el_Banduri
« Reply #275 on: June 03, 2012, 10:58:54 pm »
This would kinda make sense if you weren't utter shit  :?
he actually is one of the best players in crpg

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 03, 2012, 11:02:06 pm »

That's like saying ''you are free to borrow my house over the weekend, but i won't give you the key to the doors''. Kinda.

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #277 on: June 03, 2012, 11:02:22 pm »
+2
I just want new cRPG to be a tad faster. Not silly fast, just a notch. Say, +2 effective wpf per WM.

I support a WPF curve adjustment and I'll try to get it in the next big planned patch if possible (there's the issue of WPF redistribution).

he actually is one of the best players in crpg

:lol:

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #278 on: June 03, 2012, 11:02:42 pm »
That's like saying ''you are free to borrow my house over the weekend, but i won't give you the key to the doors''. Kinda.
Which actually makes it funny.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • Renown: 424
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Murmillus_Prime
« Reply #279 on: June 03, 2012, 11:04:18 pm »
BRING BACK OLD GOLD SYSTEM!

THE NEW FIAT SYSTEM IS GOING TO ENTER A DOUBLE DIP RECESSION!
Dumbfuck.Fuckwit.Cuntshit.Brickfuck.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 03, 2012, 11:04:29 pm »
Which actually makes it funny.

That makes it trollzy :(

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 862
  • Infamy: 1151
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 03, 2012, 11:05:42 pm »
No, there is 1 reason xmas cRPG failed: because it sucked.
There won't be any old cRPG revival, sorry.

I'm telling you again, that's not the reason.

I like old cRPG yet I didn't try xmas cRPG. Wasn't interested at all. Not because it sux but because it wasn't a serious project. We knew it's going to last for a month or two and frankly speaking, no one wanted to grind from the start.

People who play your mod like to grind. Before it were heirlooms and levels, now are mainly heirlooms the reason for grind. Wipe everything and you'll be lucky if 30% of your playerbase continue to play the mod. And those 30% would stay because they are used to playing cRPG daily.

I'm still playing because it's still fun (but a lot less than before) and because I have high level char which I want to tweak further. Some people who have similar character like me are already bored and are playing this mod a lot less. It's up to you to offer us (although we are minority) something or just let us leave the mod.

Mod wasn't about to die if you didn't change it back in january 2011. You and chadz changed it because you two didn't like it. You have to understand that we have no real alternative to cRPG at this moment and there weren't alternative back then. You can't fuck up so bad that people would leave in greater numbers because of it.

Problem is that you guys listen only to people who are close to you and think that their opinion is what community thinks. It's not like that, there is a lot more people outside those few clans and not more than 50 people from those clans who are you listening to.

Druzhina, Grey Order, Strangers, Pillagers on the one side; Fallen Brigade, HRE, Great Khans one the others, bunch of american clans (huge clans), huge number of Turkish clans, French clans, Dutch clans, German clans, Swedish clans,  as well and huge number of smaller clans are majority of players. And of course us lone wolves.

Not your usual quartet of clans you're listening to: Nordmen, Mercs, Guards and Byzantium. You might have greater respect for those players but they aren't majority.

And don't try to deny it, every Start when Mercs were in bad position, about to get wiped, you found some lame excuse (which is your fault because you didn't fix some bugs on time) to restart that Strat so your favorites can keep playing.

Also how many members Mercs and Guards have and how many of them are admins? I won't even mention Nordmen, we all know it's an admin clan and most of the devs are part of that clan.

I don't have anything against those clans but I feel there is no justice in cRPG.

Now Oberyn can start insulting me...
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 11:10:36 pm by Leshma »

Offline Cyber

• Count
  • Renown: 237
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Cyber
« Reply #282 on: June 03, 2012, 11:07:54 pm »
Momo... :shock:

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • Renown: 88
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • becouse an image is worth a thousand words
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vicious666_xXx
  • IRC nick: Vicious666
« Reply #283 on: June 03, 2012, 11:14:04 pm »
I support a WPF curve adjustment and I'll try to get it in the next big planned patch if possible (there's the issue of WPF redistribution).

:lol:

good is a start, towards better,  better wpf,  what about  levels? maybe 2-3 more levels will be reasonable too ? or taken into consideration?

About you leshma i agree, i never liked the fact that so few clans have soo many admins,  it bring obviously suspect that certain ppl is favored. and also bring forward only certain group way of think, even is if minority of community

but about merc, when i was in merc we got dunno maybe 6-7 admin, neverthless i was banned 1-2 week every month

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 03, 2012, 11:18:47 pm »
+4
Balance might be better than year a half ago but not as much as people like to believe (especially fail ninjas like Teeth).

What I think is that balance is there but it isn't awesome at all because it favors herp derp weapons like pikes, throwing and mauls. All because game is a lot slower than it used to be.

About new players and mod dead:

At first, chadz decided to change the mod because he was afraid that new players won't play cRPG because they got roflstomped. But what has really changed?

Nothing. They still get owned by veterans, only difference is that now some veteran disguised as peasant will kick their butt with peasant weapons, just a few moments when they finally, after 200 deaths, managed to save enough to buy some good lookin' armor and decent weapon...

After that, 5 out of 10 new players GTX this mod. Three players out of five left, are patient people and they will stay for few days more. Two who decided to stick with this mod are masohists, like majority of game population. They will go through intial rites, learn how manually block, get looms etc.

So it's not different to what it was before. Major difference is that before there were The_Finn, Tulsa Doom and other noobs who had epic gear and for a new player in every online game that's a sense of greatness (take WoW mounts for example).

And they don't mind to die to great players. What they do mind is to die to people who wear begginer gear, because they think they are:

CHEATERS!!!

Then why they changed the mod?

Because spineless, let influential clans asked them to change it to suit their taste better. Now you'll ask me to tell who I am thinking of? No problem bro, I'm not afraid to say what I think even if that means I'll get hatred on me. Who are they?

Mercs and Shogunate among the first!

Their self sense of greatness, their elitist attitute is something I never did and will never approve. Also that same attitude is the main reason why they don't have many players and why they NEVER will be important in the main feature of this mod, Strategus. Only thing left for those guys is rolfstoping pub server which is kinda sad imho, considering that two or three of them have trouble to take me down, casual and pug player, average at best...

There are so bad, they can't outwit a bunch of russian and polish kids who aren't smart at all. Yet they rape these so called "pros" Strat after Strat. Sad indeed.

That's why I think we don't have proper rewards and we're all forced to play on same level and retire and retire, like that has any point at all!

About strategus, I could tell you the story of one Finnish player who did something his ancestrors never did (made a pact with Russians) but that's a totally different story.

Alright. I'm convinced. You are truly , really a complete idiot.