Poll

Which c-RPG did you enjoy more (read page first)?

Vanilla c-RPG
106 (41.7%)
New c-RPG
148 (58.3%)

Total Members Voted: 254

Author Topic: Which cRPG did you prefer?  (Read 19535 times)

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Which cRPG did you prefer?
« Reply #300 on: June 04, 2012, 08:25:39 am »
i'm not that sober. I think overall the game has improved tremendously, but I think a fair amount of things they have added have been bad or poorly implemented. if women can wear armour, why cannot men wear dresses, equally unfitting historically. Upkeep was needed desperately but the new gold/exp system is arguably worse, even xp barns in mind. like valor is obviously broken, most the time i see it for TK's. but the idea behind valor; being rewarded for playing well, why can't the whole game work like that?  remove kills, replace with assist's,- reward people for playing the game not just being on the winning team - that was kind of the goal of the old gold/exp system. also the game desperately needs a decent mode, battle but with a 2ndary objective so camping/running/delaying is not an issue. this is what taleworlds knew when they added search and destroy to warband beta, but they failed it tbh. master the field every round near end would suffice; so many people want this mode, why the hell not add it as a separate mode?!

Offline Dalhi

• Earl
  • Renown: 415
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dalhi
« Reply #301 on: June 04, 2012, 08:29:33 am »
MotF is triggered at 1:30 since last patch. As I was skeptical about it, I have to admit that I like this change.

Offline Olwen

• Earl
  • Renown: 419
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • A shadow among others
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: June 04, 2012, 08:37:35 am »
+1
as i said in the what do you want thread this game lacks of love, you have to add weddings, then all will be fine

Offline Everkistus

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No good deed goes unpunished
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Everkistus
  • IRC nick: Everkistus
« Reply #303 on: June 04, 2012, 09:04:26 am »
+2
Voted vanilla, just because in there I could use iron staff on horseback.

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #304 on: June 04, 2012, 09:19:10 am »
+1
Still want to do very nasty things to whoever made plate wearer react like slugs and implemented the upkeep.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: June 04, 2012, 10:26:38 am »
Still want to do very nasty things to whoever made plate wearer react like slugs and implemented the upkeep.

Yeah, F em!

Also, as for new modes. Implement Conquest mode a'la NW.

Offline v/onMega

• Count
  • Renown: 234
  • Infamy: 67
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bearzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_vMega
« Reply #306 on: June 04, 2012, 12:01:37 pm »
Times may go by, but posts and comments of Vicious will stay funny!

Leshmas conspiracy theory is somewhat the best i read in a long time :-) (not taking it serious)

To sum it up, all that the current crpg needs is ~25% more overall speed, but cmpx mentioned he might change wpf curves :-) (which would be a first step).

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • Renown: 88
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • becouse an image is worth a thousand words
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vicious666_xXx
  • IRC nick: Vicious666
« Reply #307 on: June 04, 2012, 12:05:04 pm »
Times may go by, but posts and comments of Vicious will stay funny!

Leshmas conspiracy theory is somewhat the best i read in a long time :-) (not taking it serious)

To sum it up, all that the current crpg needs is ~25% more overall speed, but cmpx mentioned he might change wpf curves :-) (which would be a first step).

thx bro

tbh if they make better wpf curve
2-3 more lev
and a hybrid xp system between old and new

everybody will be happy

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Phaz, Merc_Phazh, Merc_Phazhe, Merc_Phazhey and Merc_Phazey
  • IRC nick: Phazh
« Reply #308 on: June 04, 2012, 12:07:02 pm »
+1
I liked this thread better when it was about gameplay mechanics. I enjoyed reading cmp's posts especially.

I like the new cRPG better, obviously. But i miss the higher combat speed sometimes. I don't miss the huge differences between the haves and the have nots. It's much more balanced and much less grindy, which is good.

The multiplier system does take away from the older, more lulzy atmosphere, for some players. They feel the pressure to perform, especially when 40+ people are spectating you and there is the team's x5 to protect. I guess i'd be one of those. 
But others feel like they don't have any influence on the battle and get demotivated:
New crpg feels very dull to me , theres no really a point to make kills since you get gold anyway from round bonus.
They figure it doesn't matter much what they do, that they have no significant impact on the outcome of the fight anyway, so they just kinda enter a permanent leech mode.
That, i think is one of the downsides to the multiplier system. The problem isn't the game mechanics, but player psychology... i think.

Does the game need to reward personal achievement more? Stuff like: xp and gold for a kill. Or xp and gold for being near a kill, like the old system.
Or is rewarding the team as a whole best? Personal achievements aside, it's the teams results that matter, not yours. Obviously, i prefer the latter.

How can you make the guy i quoted feel motivated to try and win a game? What could be done with the current game mode to prevent people from feeling like they have no impact on the game?

You know what would be cool? A script handing out random personal goals that, when achieved, add a multiplier. Tiny achievements, like: killing a specific player, looting a certain weapon type on the battleground, staying alive for x rounds in a row, controlling a certain area on the map for x minutes, sticking near the action (based on the old system), blocking x attacks, guarding a certain player, etc.
Even cooler would be if players could set certain goals for each other. You get to pick 1 goal and then a random teammate gets the option to 'achieve' that goal and get a small ingame bonus.

Even cooler would be if you could set a gold reward for killing a specific player on the enemy team. If you could look at a player, or select him on the score list, push a q-x-x combination and offer 5000 Gold for his death.  :twisted:

Anyways, back on topic, obviously the new system is better. But i understand how it makes people feel like they do not have an impact on the game, especially on big servers. If only we could figure something out to give them a sense of achievement.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: June 04, 2012, 12:16:20 pm »
+1
(click to show/hide)
Reminds me of this mod for CS, where you would get extra cash awards for achieving mini-goals, that you are given (either randomly or not), such as getting X kills with a certain weapon, or achieving X headshots in a row and so on.

Would be kind of difficult to implement in cRPG, though, i think. Maybe class specific goals, that are determined by highest WPF, that give you an instant XP/gold bonus (maybe dependent on multiplier or not) on completion?

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: June 04, 2012, 12:18:35 pm »
+2
How about adding a separate Conquest mode where there's 5-6 control points to capture and defend on the map which generates a certain amount of XP and gold per captured ''point''. Thus if you just sit on your ass and leech you won't get any gold or XP.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 12:29:56 pm by CountBerenger »

Offline JOPOTINTTI

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: June 04, 2012, 03:43:20 pm »
You dont really get the feeling you have accomplished something when you get like scores of 12:1 , since most of the times you still lose , thats why i think there should be a little gold bonus for kills. Also assist sytem would be nice

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 03:51:39 pm by JOPOTINTTI »

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: June 04, 2012, 11:38:42 pm »
+1
The multi system sucks hard, only time you are motivated to try win is IF you are lucky enough to be on x5. instead of every round like old system.

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 727
  • Infamy: 207
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 13 Knights, HCE
  • Game nicks: Jerk, Asshole, Dumbass, etc.
« Reply #313 on: June 05, 2012, 06:22:13 pm »
I liked being a newb in the old cRPG, when you'd follow some mega-tank in a supporting role, and do whatever you could to help him get the kills, for which you'd be rewarded accordingly.  Kinda like some young squire or man at arms following his lord.  Then, when you got higher level and could finally afford good gear, you had your chance to be the lord and gain all the glory that came with it.

The only complaints that I heard of were that ranged missed out on a lot of exp and gold, but I'm okay with that since everyone hates ranged and that in itself is a 'nerf' which anyone who prefers to hide and snipe must be willing to pay the cost.  The other thing was that the constant players became mega-rich and had mega-gear and there was no way the casual player could ever catch up.

So I think you should just get rid of retirement.  It would be nice if say, after level 30 a person would have to lose an att point due to age, plus whatever skill points that go with it.  Then people eventually would have to retire and start all over- with no inheritance or loom points to avoid billionaires.  I would also love to see it that each level takes as long to achieve as any other, so their would pretty much be an equal amount of all levels, meaning there will always be someone you can take on even in the lower levels.

This would give everyone hope.  No one minds being cannon fodder if they know someday they'll be at the top, and while actual gameplay skill will be the biggest factor, at a least useless players will have their moment in plate and perhaps be able to kill a peasant or two.

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #314 on: June 21, 2012, 04:03:55 am »
tk wars with POOPHAMMER.