Poll

Which c-RPG did you enjoy more (read page first)?

Vanilla c-RPG
106 (41.7%)
New c-RPG
148 (58.3%)

Total Members Voted: 254

Author Topic: Which cRPG did you prefer?  (Read 19542 times)

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
  • Renown: 535
  • Infamy: 960
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • O===((:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: GTX
  • IRC nick: GTX
Re: Which cRPG did you prefer?
« Reply #105 on: June 02, 2012, 09:15:17 pm »
Oh well we better get back to the purpose of this thread. All the newmy old friends cant rly follow us here :P.

But those were great times, lets just finish it with that :).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #106 on: June 02, 2012, 09:20:53 pm »
Leshma, if you think Mercs and Shogunates somehow influenced chadz and rest of the devs into modelling the game their way, you're more paranoid and insane than I thought. Not even whores and coke (aka donations) influence chadz. And Mercs and Shogunate were both present in various versions of Strat, so you're also misinformed.
fukin true

and today i noticed then i have to avoid leshmas posts
too much bulshit

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • Renown: 604
  • Infamy: 327
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 02, 2012, 09:22:10 pm »
+1
I wonder how many people who voted for New cRPG actually did play Vanilla...

And why is Sniper Crossbow a "Lol-weapon"? It's the same as the Arbalest.

New cRPG isn't balanced, either. I could probably think of some "Lol-weapons" as well.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 09:25:38 pm by Miley »

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #108 on: June 02, 2012, 09:25:24 pm »
+2
What i certainly don't miss from the "old cRPG" is :

-the fact you carried on a percentage of your wpf, as free wpf. The higher your generation, the higher the percentage. That leaded people to stack AGI for the first gens, then start a full STR gen, with still 150 wpf in their 2h weapon.
-the crushthrough morningstar, wich coupled with the above was unbeatable in 1v1. (Corado_Decimo or something was a real god then. Fearsome)
-the deadly archers, deadly in melee, with over 200 wpf in archery. ( That dear Birdman and chimp. Was fun killing Birdman though, and i usually always got owned by chimp.)

What i do miss :
-the real heroes we had back then. With real knightly equipment
-the low skill-level. Now, 90% of the players know to block, and if you don't team up, you'll get screwed. Even if it's a team game, it discourages the mighty ninjas and gankers. (before they got owned by range, but could still dodge. Now, they get own by cav.)
-the low number of cav. It's really dull now. You're friends are offline ? Don't play, else it's easily and quickly boring.

What i'm happy we now have :
-slot system. Longbow archer + 2 stacks of arrows + great maul.
-huge wpf reduction with armor for range. The above with an ugly black armor.
-better overall balance
-awesome new game mods
-a rocking strategus wich is always improved.

All in all. I'm happy. I miss some of the old players (dear Bane, master of the Caravan Guild. :'( ), get owned because i didn't improve as fast as the others, but there's still old players who stick around. And an active community. And the same great dev team.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #109 on: June 02, 2012, 09:25:29 pm »
+1

I said I didn't like your playstyle, (you're obviously that one twat in every game who keeps yapping on about lame stealth mechanics and blahee-blahey) but now you went personal so by all means keep going.

It'll be fun when you realize how much of a fool you're making yourself out to be.

It'll be like that awkward moment when you just find out you got HIV from shagging your sister.

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Rebelyell

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 02, 2012, 09:26:06 pm »
+1
I wonder how many people who voted for New cRPG actually did play Vanilla...

And why is Sniper Crossbow a "Lol-weapon"? It's the same as the Arbalest.

New cRPG isn't balanced, either. I could probably think of some "Lol-weapons" as well.
no upkeep sound soo awesome,

but that isn't
old system was for hardcore grinders and was the most unfriendly system for new players ever

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 968
  • Infamy: 2560
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 02, 2012, 09:32:22 pm »
I said I didn't like your playstyle, (you're obviously that one twat in every game who keeps yapping on about lame stealth mechanics and blahee-blahey) but now you went personal so by all means keep going.

It'll be fun when you realize how much of a fool you're making yourself out to be.

It'll be like that awkward moment when you just find out you got HIV from shagging your sister.

What my sister has to do with this?

It's not like I'm the one who cares here. It's you. You started playing few months after me and you're the one who started talking with me. For me, you're nothing more than a frag in my chat window.

I do actually have a theory why you, BlackMilk and others are bothering me but I won't go there. After all it's just a game.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 02, 2012, 09:32:53 pm »
+2
I won't really argue with some of these pro-new crpg retards but all in all is Leshma, Aussie guys and Teeth summed it all up in the best possible way.

If you seriously compare Old CRPG at its golden days vs current cRPG and actually for a second think current cRPG is better then you are a bonafide lunatic. Either that or you just pretend that you have played original cRPG.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2657
  • Infamy: 1412
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 02, 2012, 09:43:40 pm »
I really really don't pro-realism changes like slots and unsheatable weapons. Reason why I play cRPG and not native is because I like active community and I also like the fact that I don't have to change my setup every single round.

Changes that make life harder for lazy people like me (slots, unsheatable tag and newest ready for battle) are something I want to see removed from this game.

Offline Momo

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _Momo_
  • IRC nick: Momo
« Reply #114 on: June 02, 2012, 09:50:20 pm »
I really really don't pro-realism changes like slots and unsheatable weapons. Reason why I play cRPG and not native is because I like active community and I also like the fact that I don't have to change my setup every single round.

Changes that make life harder for lazy people like me (slots, unsheatable tag and newest ready for battle) are something I want to see removed from this game.

Hahahah you want so much power, it was possible in vanilla but not now  :twisted:. I remember having fun times with 106 speed katana and having sniper xbow and pike as backup stuff. Those things won't be removed, you can remove yourself from the community though. New crpg ftw. The only thing which would be cool having back is the small xp/gold reward from kills.
I was the first one who started -1-ing everyone, now everyone does it to everyone.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #115 on: June 02, 2012, 09:54:08 pm »
Let me guess, your theory is that it because you are of the female persuasion? (giving benefit of the doubt, could just be some extremely feminist dude trolling around or some trans or whatever, don't really give a dam,)
You're not the only female playing this game. All other females should be subjected to the same horrible, horrible treatment do you now suffer, according to you. Yet, you seem to be the only one. Maybe it's just because you are a loudmouthed idiot?

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 711
  • Infamy: 285
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 02, 2012, 09:54:35 pm »
I don't want power, I just want ability to be cav hybrid and in current cRPG that's not possible. To be 1Hcav you have to drop heavy lance and taking it back isn't an easy thing to do.

I will always be pro-hybrid although I'm pure build for a whole year.

Things can be balanced differently but I guess that Paul (or whoever put those limitations) chose an easier way.

Offline Momo

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _Momo_
  • IRC nick: Momo
« Reply #117 on: June 02, 2012, 10:00:57 pm »
I don't want power, I just want ability to be cav hybrid and in current cRPG that's not possible. To be 1Hcav you have to drop heavy lance and taking it back isn't an easy thing to do.

I will always be pro-hybrid although I'm pure build for a whole year.

Things can be balanced differently but I guess that Paul (or whoever put those limitations) chose an easier way.

Hybrids were OP in vanilla, and they are not supposed to be OP, just good in that and this in a usable way, not being a killmachine because of it. I remember when we had 2h/throwing dudes with 7ps and 7PT at once (with 1 throwing wpf), that was insane. Then, plated HA on horse with flamberge, etc.
I was the first one who started -1-ing everyone, now everyone does it to everyone.

Offline Rebelyell

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 02, 2012, 10:01:38 pm »
Let me guess, your theory is that it because you are of the female persuasion? (giving benefit of the doubt, could just be some extremely feminist dude trolling around or some trans or whatever, don't really give a dam,)
You're not the only female playing this game. All other females should be subjected to the same horrible, horrible treatment do you now suffer, according to you. Yet, you seem to be the only one. Maybe it's just because you are a loudmouthed idiot?
grey order have one shemail player

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 400
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 02, 2012, 10:03:57 pm »
Let me guess, your theory is that it because you are of the female persuasion?

Not at all. It's not that deep. Pretty simple actually. Happens in everyday life and in online communities also.

You see, I was among the first who managed to get everything loomed (after Fasader stole looms from older players). That allowed me to dominate less fortunate players for certain period of time. People I mentioned were still kinda new and unknown to community and they wanted to meet those who seemed to be good at the game. After some time they progressed, became better and started laughing at the previous "role-model" everytime they managed to defeat him (don't get me wrong, I don't think I was anyone's role-model but that's how it usually goes).

I never cared about it as much as they did. And even today, those people keep stalking me but in a negative way, even insulting.

I'm still nice to newcommers, maybe I shouldn't be. Maybe I should tell them to fuck off when they try to contact me (or ignore them like chadz does lol). Being nice to people rarely pays off because people aren't any better than hyenas (countless loom giveout threads have proven that).