Poll

Which c-RPG did you enjoy more (read page first)?

Vanilla c-RPG
106 (41.7%)
New c-RPG
148 (58.3%)

Total Members Voted: 254

Author Topic: Which cRPG did you prefer?  (Read 19579 times)

Offline Aseldo

• Baron
  • Renown: 147
  • Infamy: 80
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • you reading this?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Egad_Captain_TKoV
  • IRC nick: Egad
Re: Which cRPG did you prefer?
« Reply #60 on: June 02, 2012, 05:16:41 pm »
Old was stupid, nothing to prevent people from crutching forever when they finally got high enough level. New is more balanced I think too.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #61 on: June 02, 2012, 05:26:03 pm »
+2
Things I miss:

-The peasant game. Get a shield. Survey the battlefield. Cross your fingers and run into an alcove or duck behind a wall near the action. Huddle with other goofy-hat-wearing yokels and pray no enemy knights see you. In my head I always imagined the AOE gold bonus involved the peasants all leaping out of hiding to scavenge pennies from the purses of the dead. Oh, that frantic feeling when you and ten other farmers were hiding in a hay bale, and some behemoth with an axe as tall as a man walked into the barn and starting swinging. Oh fuck.

-The sense of accomplishment when you got an item. I remember playing for MONTHS as a mediocre spear footman with leather armor and the best shield I could scrape up the cash for. Then, finally, I BOUGHT A ROUNCEY AND ASCENDED FROM PEASANTHOOD. Getting that horse felt so badass, I got really into matching my armor up to look like a Norse horseman and reveled in the speed and fury of my dark steed.

Things I won't miss:

-it taking multiple months to get a rouncey. lol

edit: I miss old crpg, but I don't want it back. The new crpg has its flaws, but is more balanced and friendly to newer players. I can totally understand someone's interest fizzling out before they get that big item that changes everything for them. Long time players do accrue heirloom bonuses and can probably afford any +0 item that they feel like using for a few hours, but they are not some unreachable tier of god that you will never be. Going past level 31 and carrying a full set of looms requires a lot of time investment, but you are still just tweaking numbers in your favor rather than becoming invincible.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 05:31:20 pm by A_Hot_Elf_Princess »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2885
  • Infamy: 2247
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 02, 2012, 05:27:44 pm »
In just a month I had steel shield, elite scimi, german gs, full transitional plate set and a destrier. At that time I played maybe a 2 hours a day. QQmore!

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #63 on: June 02, 2012, 05:34:44 pm »
In just a month I had steel shield, elite scimi, german gs, full transitional plate set and a destrier. At that time I played maybe a 2 hours a day. QQmore!

Well, to be fair, I had played Mount & Blade vanilla for about a week before starting crpg. I was the worst. But it was still fun, goofing around with all the other peasants while you tried to catch trickle-down gold from the geared up players. There were always so many peasants...

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #64 on: June 02, 2012, 05:37:02 pm »
Well... Old system was fun too but it was different times then. It's in the past when we were new to this game. It was exiting and you got hooked on that damn adrenaline rush when you met good players and buying those damn expensive stuffs and getting high levels. People couldn't block as well as they do now etc etc. Playing wasn't as competetive. It was different but it will never be the same again. Deal with it.

Lots of players seem to have "nostalgia glasses" on and can't seem to understand how much cRPG has developed from those times. Still having some problems but they are always being sorted in some way.

If I compare experiences, I would probably choose the old cRPG because when I was new to this there was more mystery in it and everything was new. Even though I sucked it was fun just to level up for the first time and getting those first kills after playing for many days felt amazing :D. Then again I don't have a time machine to go back so if I'd have to choose now the version I prefer...
(click to show/hide)

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 02, 2012, 05:38:27 pm »
+1
Bullshit. In one month I had a black lamellar vest, a vaegir nobleman helmet, a long hafted blade, a kite shield and about 15k towards a destrier. I played a whole lot more than 2 hours a day and I played when the round xp/gold was at its highest.

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #66 on: June 02, 2012, 05:38:53 pm »
+3
There is a big difference between being forced to do a mindless blob (because else you get shit XP) and choosing to do a mindless charge. In the current system nothing stops you and your team from playing smart.

Then bring back the old exp/gold system and increase the range to maximum possible so people can still go in small groups fight and get gold/exp from the others fighting BUT if you recklessly charge and die you won't get more exp/gold than what you managed to "accumulate".

Eh?Eh?

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #67 on: June 02, 2012, 05:46:13 pm »
Leads to camping/hiding.

Offline Shemaforash

• Duke
  • Renown: 533
  • Infamy: 169
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shemaforash
« Reply #68 on: June 02, 2012, 05:48:12 pm »
where peasants roamed and no heirlooms
You should be punished for having a shitty attitude.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #69 on: June 02, 2012, 05:50:05 pm »
old system was fun untill everyone hit high levels :P The single most rage inducing moment of old crpg was being a peasent and getting shot from across the map before reaching any xp/gold zones :(
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #70 on: June 02, 2012, 05:52:52 pm »
+4
Leshma, if you think Mercs and Shogunates somehow influenced chadz and rest of the devs into modelling the game their way, you're more paranoid and insane than I thought. Not even whores and coke (aka donations) influence chadz. And Mercs and Shogunate were both present in various versions of Strat, so you're also misinformed.

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
« Reply #71 on: June 02, 2012, 05:54:30 pm »
chadz is infallible.
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #72 on: June 02, 2012, 05:58:46 pm »
+3
Can someone tell me what a blob is ? The only blob i know of is Bloberyn so i don't understand how blob vs blob is possible.....  :?
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #73 on: June 02, 2012, 06:02:00 pm »
Leads to camping/hiding.

How so?

Even with current exp/gold system people camp/hide and if they are leeching devs kick/ban them.

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #74 on: June 02, 2012, 06:05:04 pm »
+2
New system is way better.

Screw the people who just want to be able to grind themselves to victory.

Persistence of characters is great, grind is not imho.

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die