Author Topic: New retirement system.  (Read 3888 times)

Offline RamsesXXIIX

• Count
  • Renown: 252
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Yes, I prey on the weak.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Ramses
Re: New retirement system.
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2011, 08:04:39 pm »
+1 to Tommy's idea

Offline Beans

• Knight
  • Renown: 49
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: USA
  • Game nicks: USA_MEATMERCHANT_AMERICA
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2011, 08:26:31 pm »
Just as level 31 and beyond is exponential, make level 31 exponential by the current generation number.

This way high gen people still get a good bonus because they can level up to 30 quickly. But if they want more heirlooms it is like trying to get to 32 then 33 ect. Obviously this is a bit harsh so maybe it should wait until they have the hierloom trading in.

Offline jspook

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Auphan
  • Game nicks: Pit
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2011, 08:33:53 pm »
Just as level 31 and beyond is exponential, make level 31 exponential by the current generation number.

This way high gen people still get a good bonus because they can level up to 30 quickly. But if they want more heirlooms it is like trying to get to 32 then 33 ect. Obviously this is a bit harsh so maybe it should wait until they have the hierloom trading in.

Thats actually not too bad.
make it so that every generation, the amount of xp needed to hit 31 is proportional to the xp bonus.

So basically, every generation has the exact same grind from 30-31 time wise, but higher generations can get to 30 much faster.
that is pretty much problem solved, in terms of heirloomed grinding.
"Scissors needs a nerf because he beats me every time, but rock is just fine" - paper

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2011, 08:40:17 pm »
I say make it where you stop getting XP bonuses after level 11 (Capped at 2000 xp per tick, or 10,000 on a x5 multiplier).

However, make it where every time you retire past that point, you start getting something special that is useable only in strategus, some kind of new skill perhaps? Or some kind of bonus maybe, like being able to see farther on the strategus map etc. Special "Strategus Points."

This way there is incentive to keep retiring, but there is no longer a huge disparity for XP gains.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 08:41:33 pm by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2011, 09:00:43 pm »
I think a simple 100% xp bonus at generation 1 and a 100% limit after generation 10 would be a good system.
And like others have already said; this would be more inviting for new players (and alternative characters) and the more players the better.

Bonus experience by generation:

1: 100% (to make it easier for new players)
2: 20%
3: 30%
4: 40%
5: 50%
6: 60%
7: 70%
8: 80%
9: 90%
10+: 100% (to give veterans some kind of reward)

If you want to get past level 31 or just want to restat your main character after gen 10 this 100% bonus seems fair to me.
Even though it will not make any difference if you are generation 10 or 100 I see no reason to set a limit to it. People like stats and those who have high generations have fought for it.
Let them have that number. I'm sure there are ways to make some practical use of it later on. Maybe just a badge in game or something.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 09:25:45 pm by Riddaren »

Offline bredeus

• Earl
  • Renown: 392
  • Infamy: 85
  • there must be Peace
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templars since 1096 AD
  • Game nicks: Templar_Brede
  • IRC nick: Brede
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2011, 02:11:42 pm »

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2011, 09:53:47 am »
Seems to me most people are forgetting that pre-patch you had to accumulate quite a big amount of money to retire AND wait one week, yet there were loads of high levels and/or high gens.  If there is no wipe, there will always be people whining about long time players (this coming from a gen 7, soon to be gen 8, 3 retiremens in old system just money + time, 3 retiremens from lvl 31), and i actually felt it was harder to retire pre-patch, as money were quite hard to come around.

If you play this game for much longer than anyone else, you should have an edge. If you think not, go back to native, period.

Offline Sean_Drew

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: no faction
  • Game nicks: my secret ;-) Only 4 chars now : 1h/shielder , 2h , xbower , archer. The other 25 chars are deleted.
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2011, 09:57:57 am »
My own idea about retirement would be: a hard cap of generation 10 (3 "Masterwork" items) and thus limiting the bonus EXP to 90%. As many people already have passed this limit they should be allowed to repick their heirlooms (and thus lowering their generation) but removing any extra ones, this would reduce the amount of heirlooms and encourages trading as you are unable to stack infinite heirlooms with enough time. With a hard cap new players will eventually be able to catch up and not be stuck with a lower generation for always.

Good idea !
Sorry , my english is bad ... ;-) I do my best :-)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2011, 10:21:14 am »
-1 to Tommy's idea, too much RNG (the luckiest ones could retire even before reaching 30 or 31?).

Instead we could just use a system with xp decrement (that doesn't go below zero).

Gen1: 100% xp modifier
Gen2: 80% xp modifier
Gen3: 60% xp modifier
Gen4: 40% xp modifier
Gen5: 20% xp modifier
Gen6: 0% xp modifier
Gen7: 0% xp modifier
Gen8: 0% xp modifier

Up to lets say Gen 10 or 15, from where the xp from 30 to 31 increases.

Offline indigocylinder

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2011, 10:56:08 am »
It seems to me that with the removal of the wpf bonus for retiring, the advantages gained from high generations are not so significant as to be game breaking. Even a gen 50 character takes around 200 hours of gameplay to reach level 35, and a difference of 5 skill and attribute points between them and the standard level 30 is not unfair considering the huge amount of time put in. As for heirlooms, well they are nice to have, but they are never going to turn bad players into good, or make average players great, and so giving them out for retirement is not such a big deal.

It would be nice though if everyone's total xp gained since the big patch could be adjusted as though they had started on generation one, if necessary removing generations and heirlooms in the process. But that would be difficult to pull off without logs of what xp people retired at and when, and that information probably isn't saved anywhere.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 10:57:26 am by indigocylinder »

Offline Ermes

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2011, 11:10:27 am »
I dont like this idea, sorry.
Retirement is ok to me as it is

Offline Espu

• The good
  • Count
  • Renown: 261
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Espu
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2011, 11:47:46 am »
Thread too long, did not read. Solved it for you:

Current:
XPGain = BaseXP * (1+GEN/100)

New:
XPGain = BaseXP * (1-GEN/25)

So instead of current +1%xp/gen, effect would be -4%/gen. Retirement grinding is still possible but gets progressively harder, not easier. Max gen would be 25, as gaining XP after that would not be possible.

Offline Belmont

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2011, 12:41:06 pm »
Thread too long, did not read. Solved it for you:

Current:
XPGain = BaseXP * (1+GEN/100)

New:
XPGain = BaseXP * (1-GEN/25)

So instead of current +1%xp/gen, effect would be -4%/gen. Retirement grinding is still possible but gets progressively harder, not easier. Max gen would be 25, as gaining XP after that would not be possible.

What will happen to current high generation players? Most high generation players were generation 10 or higher pre patch and as our heirlooms were stolen we are higher generation than someone who retired only after the patch.

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2011, 01:23:41 pm »
I wouldnt mind a heirloom cap. Like you can either heirloom one weapon 3 times or one weapon 2 times and another 1 time or 3 different ones 1 time. Same goes for armour. So in the end you can have 6 different heirlooms or 2 very good ones or a mix. I don't know what to do about xp bonus either. Someone will allways have the time to ultra grind anyway. Unless there is a cap that is similar for everyone.

Offline Espu

• The good
  • Count
  • Renown: 261
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Espu
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2011, 01:41:38 pm »
What will happen to current high generation players? Most high generation players were generation 10 or higher pre patch and as our heirlooms were stolen we are higher generation than someone who retired only after the patch.

Set character generation to be equal to number of heirlooms. This way those who are high gen with low heirloom count due to theft are not handicapped more severely than post-patch retirement grinders.

If someone actually is over gen 25 (counting heirlooms), then reduce that player to gen 25, give him 25 heirloom points and allow full heirloom respec for compensation. There can't be many of these anyway, just a few guys.

(Note that I have no control over this matter, just discussing like everyone else.)