Author Topic: New retirement system.  (Read 3909 times)

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: New retirement system.
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2011, 01:44:30 pm »
Set character generation to be equal to number of heirlooms. This way those who are high gen with low heirloom count due to theft are not handicapped more severely than post-patch retirement grinders.

If someone actually is over gen 25 (counting heirlooms), then reduce that player to gen 25, give him 25 heirloom points and allow full heirloom respec for compensation. There can't be many of these anyway, just a few guys.

(Note that I have no control over this matter, just discussing like everyone else.)

I'd prefer to make heirlooms even more rare than limiting gen xp bonus. 25 heirloom points is just ridiculous anyway who would need that. Hell Infact I wouldnt mind limiting people too 1 heirloom per character. Pick your poison and stick with it.

Offline La Makina

• Knight
  • Renown: 26
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Dedicated siege tower pusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2011, 07:43:51 pm »
Reintroducing a progressive XP curve where the retirement bonus has removed it (i.e. the next step of progression should always be harder to reach) is consistent for a RPG. However, since the game is based on restarting your character, I think hindering the XP collection is not a good idea.

The progressive difficulty should be in earning heirloomed items. Also, heirlooming one item to +2 should be longer than heirlooming two items to +1. Likewise, heirlooming to +3 should be much harder than heirlooming three items to +1... So masterwork weapons would be really uncommon.

Offline Dan lol

• Count
  • Renown: 294
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
  • ROLLINROLLINROLLINROLLIN
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: If you can't handle me at my durst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my fredst.
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2011, 09:49:29 pm »
Keep the system how it is, but make people pay consecutively more for heirlooms past gen10 (and nothing for the heirlooms before that). Maybe make it easier to retire to gen10, but whatever, the heirlooms are free to that point. 9 looms is a perfect number for free; you either do a couple of different weapons you like, a weapon and some armor, etc.

If players can then trade heirlooms or purchase them from each other for gold, high gen, retire all day errday players like myself can hock their old, boring heirlooms to pay for their new ones. This also works to the advantage of the gen1 forever crowd, who likely has much gold in reserve to purchase heirloomed items. This would introduce an interesting player economy for heirloomed items. Furthermore, retirement options for those above gen 10 could be,
retire with nothing (level 15)
retire for a xp bonus (31)
retire for an xp bonus and heirloom (31, some increasing amount of gold for every heirloom past the first 9)

The whole fun of having a stupid xp bonus is being able to rock out a new build for a while, getting to 31 and then trying something new. The current post 30 curve pretty much stops people from getting past 35, so it's not like kesh is going to make it back to level 50 and troll the world with 13 athletics and 500 effective wpf.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 09:50:57 pm by Dan lol »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

JABONRA
His mother's asshole, I tragedy

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2011, 12:40:57 am »
Kesh will just reach gen 100 and then grind and grind till the end cometh!
Turtles