Author Topic: New retirement system.  (Read 3911 times)

Offline Felagunda

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: New retirement system.
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2011, 11:34:33 pm »
If I remember correctly chadz wanted to make heirlooms special

What chadz said was to many hierlooms were floating about.  This is because there was an exploit about for almost 2 months when he first made the retirement system where you could get an hierloom for 5k gold and about 4-5 hours of playing a char. 

I beleive that being abused by a good number of people lead him to do the whipe but maybe I am wrong.  I really can't get into Chad'z head at all.

Offline Felagunda

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2011, 11:37:43 pm »
But then the only thing left to do would be the grind towards those almost unachievable levels above 31, I think it would
be fun to have something to do other then leveling up extremely slowly.

People need some kind of achievable grind, that is what Crpg has always been about (partially of course, there are lots of other great features).

I totally agree with you I don't understand what people don't get about earning things.  Maybe it's just all the EU users that post in support of getting something for nothing.  I have 1200 hours of game play in this game and I think only about 200 of those hours are from Native or singal player.  Why should someone that played for say 350 hours be on the same lvl as me?

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2011, 11:45:06 pm »
It encourages the player base to grow, and the more players, the more donations and the quicker the mod is developed.
Turtles

Offline Brutal

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Pecores_Brutal_le chacal Cold_stone Bazooka
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2011, 09:16:56 am »
I've already posted this but:

gen1: +50%xp
gen2: +30%xp
gen 3:+10%xp
gen4: 0%xp
gen5: -5%xp
gen6:-10%xp
gen7:-15%XP

-Make the game newplayer friendly
-A fully heirloomed char would really be an achievement
-Encourage the creation of altrenative character for the xp bonus at first gen, people will try new class without the feeling of loosing all their advantage of very high gen.

Offline Halevolm

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Haargrim
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2011, 09:29:48 am »
I'm fine with your idea brutal, IF I can then get to redistribute all my heirlooms and I mean all. So I get 12 heirlooms, otherwise your system will destroy main characters from many people because they can't anymore get enough xp to lvl up in reasonable time. Alltough have to ask, why so many people hate so much people who spend time to play this mod? I have spent many hours to get to this point trying many various builds and items, and now people want that all that was pointless change the game because you have played too much?
Just asking.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2011, 09:43:21 am »
 Me and tommy are both gen 11+ this will affect us as much as others so please dont consider this a personal attack on high gens
Turtles

Offline Halevolm

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Haargrim
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2011, 09:54:02 am »
Tommys idea was good, I was just referring to the brutal's idea what he seems to offer in many threads what just seems horrible to me.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2011, 02:13:14 pm »
Brutals suggestiin simply punishes people who retire. A negative xp bonus is frankly a stupid idea.
Turtles

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2011, 02:19:34 pm »
If this is implemented, there should be a gen wipe (you keep your heirlooms but everyone starts over from gen1). This should have been done when the new patch came and we wouldn't have had gen30 people around.

Or if the current XP system is kept at least put a max xp/tick cap, the current system is ridiculous, for example at gen11 (that's not so hard to reach after all) you already get x2 xp at x1, so you will do 1-31 in the same time a gen1 player does 1-30.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 02:22:25 pm by Punisher »

Offline jspook

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Auphan
  • Game nicks: Pit
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2011, 05:34:26 pm »
I think the negetive xp bonus is not very friendly to people who have been playing for long periods of time.  I wouldnt want to retire after level 5 or six if I knew it was going to take me 5 times as long just to get from 1 to 30 again.
Not to mention that by giving out negetive xp, you will effectively soft cap the retirement levels.  there will be a reachable point at which you will no longer be able to level up at all.  It isnt supposed to be harder for succesive generations to be able to actually use the hierlooms daddy gave me, if you know what I mean.
I, personally, look forward to retireing a few more times so that the peasant grind will get shorter and shorter.  Not longer each time.

Instead of killing our current bonuses, just re-implement the time limit on the retirement feature.  Say, five to seven days per.

High levels can still get back up to 30 in a day, and it will encourage them to level up more alts while they wait for the ticker for retirement.
You shouldnt be punished for putting time into playing the game, as the negetive bonus reflects.
Just even the playing field, dont punish the players.
"Scissors needs a nerf because he beats me every time, but rock is just fine" - paper

Offline Brutal

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 24
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Pecores_Brutal_le chacal Cold_stone Bazooka
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2011, 05:49:20 pm »
Well yes what i propose is just plain horrible for higher gen I'm not denying it, but if we always give bonus to higher gen  the gap between veterans and newby will just increase further and further over time. It's mathematical.

What i propose however, enable you to quicly have heirloom on a secondary character. So it gives an incentive to try new class unlike the current system.

I think it's like most thing IRL their is no perfect or correct solution, some people will have to suffer  :mrgreen:
chadz will decide who. 

Offline TomMyyY

• Earl
  • Renown: 365
  • Infamy: 17
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_TomMyyY
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2011, 05:57:40 pm »
Negative xp is just a plain stupid idea, if you want to make ppl stop playing you should implement that.

With my idea you would still get your xp bonusses, but it would get harder and harder to retire every time.

So easier retirement for new player, but no disadvantages for higher generations (xp-wise).

There will always be a gap between new players and veterans, that's just the way this mod works and that's fine, but this would make things easier for new guys.

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2011, 06:07:13 pm »
What is the real gap between players anyway?

The skill difference of the player is a lot more important than gear, it just get's dangerous when a skilled person has badass gear.

Personally I don't mind people being gen 50+ in they want to. They had some time to spare obviously and deserve to have an edge.

I do like Tommy's idea though. Would make it easier for noobies to retire.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline jspook

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Auphan
  • Game nicks: Pit
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2011, 06:15:12 pm »
With my idea you would still get your xp bonusses, but it would get harder and harder to retire every time.

Yes, this would be great.  And the retirement would still be something to look forward to on the higher gen while still making the grind easier.  There just needs to be a better way to implement it.

No one wants to spend a long time as a peasant.  But I pretty much consider the first gen retirement a right of passage.  That initial grind taught me quite a lot about the specifics of cRPG as a whole.  So each generation being able to do it faster is a great incentive.  the only problem comes with the retirement process itself.  Just hitting 31 isnt good enough.  each generation, or every third generation, should add another tier of requirements to the process.

ideas?
"Scissors needs a nerf because he beats me every time, but rock is just fine" - paper

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2011, 06:20:08 pm »
I think you have to focus more about numbers than the concept here. How often do we want casual players to be able to retire and obtain an heirloom? Once a week? Twice a week? There's a lot of talk in this thread about making it easier for casual players or for new players. Are we saying easier compared to what it is now or easier than someone who is gen 30? There are quite a few ways to make retiring easier/harder but what's most difficult is deciding how long it should take or how easy it should be.

I'd like to see a poll so we can get an idea for how many hours played people think it should take a gen 1 character to retire(not to be confused with reach x level). Then see another poll asking the same question for a generation 15 character.

Then, after having the numbers to put us into perspective, build a system that allows us to achieve these numbers.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 06:22:13 pm by Tydeus »
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character