Author Topic: the horse crossbowman problem/motf  (Read 10731 times)

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
Re: the horse crossbowman problem/motf
« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2012, 09:57:37 pm »
Well, good to know posting in the forums is completely useless then. I was trying to bring the argument back into some semblance of sanity but I guess that was a waste. I guess my only question is why hasn't there been a change to MotF even though we have screamed for it. As for the horse Xbow argument no we can't nerf a class because a few douches in the game but we need to take away their ability to waste everyone's time.

Posting in the forums is only completely useless if you haven't learned the magic of proper paragraph formatting.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
« Reply #61 on: March 24, 2012, 10:49:24 pm »
And nobody has replied to my discussion topic, so I will elaborate a bit:

Why did we prevent archers from camping on roofs?

Why do we allow HX to camp on horses, which they essentially use as a mobile roof?
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #62 on: March 24, 2012, 10:57:44 pm »
+1
Horses are mostly fragile. I would've liked to see you kill a roof to get the roof monleys from pre-patch down to where you could have a chance to kill them
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Gricks

• Knight
  • Renown: 58
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 24, 2012, 11:34:18 pm »
Infantry could always, oh I don't know, stick with your archers and keep them from getting lanced in the back while they are shooting at the Horse Xbow. But hey, Rambo can't be bothered. It's easier to complain on the forums.

You don't play early morning do you? When its 10v10 and there is a horse xbow the game is essentially ruined.

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 25, 2012, 12:03:34 am »
Horses are mostly fragile. I would've liked to see you kill a roof to get the roof monleys from pre-patch down to where you could have a chance to kill them

Horses are extremely durable when they never get within 100m of anyone.
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline Gurnisson

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 25, 2012, 01:24:58 am »
Horses are extremely durable when they never get within 100m of anyone.

And then they won't hit a thing/do laughable damage.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 25, 2012, 04:01:45 am »
And then they won't hit a thing/do laughable damage.

Hooray!  You're finally caught up on the problem.  HX sit on the outskirts, sometimes when it's 20 vs 1 and they drag the match out.  One lucky hit and there's no motf and we end up with a round draw.  It's worse than roof archers.  (but they're "fighting" so it's not against the rules)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 04:03:24 am by Slamz »
Norse Horde

Offline Gurnisson

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 25, 2012, 04:35:17 am »
Don't go all smart ass on me, I know what the thread is about. I was always for the idea of making MotF spawn in every battle, so away with your awful attitude. The problem with archers on roofs were not the same as the problem (you on NA have) with horse-crossbowmen, that's the thing I wanted to say and that's what I said. They are/were two different problems, shouldn't be fixed in anyway near the same way. Always have MotF is fine, you don't have to remove HX, like it looked you were suggesting with this:

Why did we prevent archers from camping on roofs?

Why do we allow HX to camp on horses, which they essentially use as a mobile roof?

Roof-camping was not removed to make rounds shorter and avoid delaying. It was to make sure that archers/xbowmen had to have some kind of risk while playing their point and click game. Now jog on
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 04:37:06 am by Gurnisson »

Offline Leman_Russ

• Knight
  • Renown: 58
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 25, 2012, 09:19:40 am »
Hooray!  You're finally caught up on the problem.  HX sit on the outskirts, sometimes when it's 20 vs 1 and they drag the match out.  One lucky hit and there's no motf and we end up with a round draw.  It's worse than roof archers.  (but they're "fighting" so it's not against the rules)

Love how full of shit everything you post is lol.  Care to name these HX's that are causing draws and sitting 100ft away from everybody the entire game?  I have yet to see it.  Maybe Rohypnol would occassionally draw, like once or twice a day (And he is no longer HX as of 2 days ago).  Haven't seen any of the other HX's draw a game, or spend round after round 100ft away delaying. 

Be honest, you and many of the others posting dumb shit don't like the class because you likely cannot counter it due to your lack of skill or being melee.  If I remember right, you are a thrower.  Try asking advice from better throwers like Hospitaller_Chucky_Tosser.  That guy destroys my horse very frequently.

Offline a_bear_irl

• Duke
  • Renown: 540
  • Infamy: 252
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 25, 2012, 12:27:30 pm »
he might have respecced but the five people he inspired didn't
FREE ALLERS

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #70 on: March 25, 2012, 02:30:46 pm »
I believe removing valour for all HA and HX will make them fight(die) earlier, instead of delaying.

On some maps, motf is clearly in cav advantages though. And making it spawn earlier will actually, sometimes, give the win to the lone lancer/HX, wich would be stupid. But at least, fights will go in one direction, so why not.

If you could make the spawning place of the motf related to the current positions of the two teams, then that would solve the problem. For example, always make the motf spawn in the middle of the shortest distance between two players of different team. That way, no one is at a disadvantage, and the real fighting will begin sooner.

Of course, such a thing is near to impossible to implement, probably.

Edit : OR i belive the motf place is map dependant, and always the same on one map. So... if people could know where it is, even before it has spawned, then it could be interesting. That way, infantry would know wich place to go to right at the beginning. Of course, veterans players do know where it spawns, but even by playing a full week, if there's real battles, and no motf, you don't know where they usually spawn.
I like that last idea the best :
Force the appearance of the motf, and show where it will pop up, before it actually does.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 02:33:41 pm by Bulzur »
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline ROHYPNOL

• Earl
  • Renown: 361
  • Infamy: 127
  • Poor Washing Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 25, 2012, 04:24:28 pm »
+1
I have probably made a round draw 2-3 times the entire time ive been playing HX and only because i was not looking at the timer so it was accidental. I am going to give it my best shot to kill everyone before i decided to bend over and take it up the rear like you cry babies. You haters keep saying HX are drawing round out yet i never see it. Drawing is killing the last 15 people to win it i suppose, and protect your x5? Quit throwing shitty accusations out there. Most of you are mad because you died earlier in the round and you have to sit out and cry about playing again. I have a great idea. Why don't you babies just go play siege, so you can die millions of times and respawn at the latest 30 seconds. The real problem would have to be motf not the HX. Or another idea would be to give "some of you" a cry babies button to hit whenever you die and you can press it and auto up motf.
Quote from: Jeade
you're rough around the edges.
This is the reason people don't like you if anyone ever did.

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 25, 2012, 08:23:24 pm »
The main thing that makes horse crossbowmen a 'problem' is when they are on super maneuverable horses. If they weren't able to weave all over so good I could actually hit them consistently with my archer alt. Probably the best counter to them right now is other cav with a faster and or better armored horse + rider or throwers who can put out a rapid volley of throws. Trying to take down an aware one is extremely hard when they can move so well.

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 25, 2012, 09:15:35 pm »
Care to name these HX's that are causing draws and sitting 100ft away from everybody the entire game?
The entire "semen storm" or "SS" clan.

If you don't know who I'm talking about, then you don't play on NA or you're blind.

I have seen various members of that clan cause round draws several times as well as draw the game out in a 20 vs 1 situation by simply staying at a safe distance.  All they need is one lucky shot or one careless melee to run towards them to keep the round going until it draws.

And yes, I have throwing and I destroy horses all day long -- regular cavalry, that is.  If you sit 100 feet away on a dancing Arabian, there is no thrower in the world who is going to down you with any reliability.  Even archers and crossbowmen are complaining, and they can land shots from further away a lot easier than a thrower!

Lately, the SS clan has been stepping down at the end of the match but then we're just back where we were with "archers get off of the roofs" -- we are relying on polite cooperation to solve a game disrupting problem.  All it took was 1 archer newbie to refuse to get off the roof to drag out a round.  All it takes is 1 HX newbie to refuse to dismount to drag out a round.  If anything, HX is considerably worse than roof archers because he has a mobile roof and what he's doing is not currently "against the rules" so if he wants to drag it out, he can.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 09:16:45 pm by Slamz »
Norse Horde

Offline Lemmy_Winks

• Count
  • Renown: 241
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lemmy_Winks
« Reply #74 on: March 25, 2012, 11:58:34 pm »
I think xbow cav should have to slow down while reloading, either manually or do it automatically so they can actually be shot or caught by a horse. They all ride Arabian warhorses which while they are not as fast as some other horses, really a courser is the only thing that can catch them still, their really high maneuverability makes them very hard to catch or shoot. A courser may be faster than an arabian but they definitely cant out turn one. I ride a destriter as 1h cav and i have 1 more maneuverability than coursers, which chase after me all the time every round and i can easily out turn them, cant imagine how easy it would be with 6 more maneuverability.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 12:00:42 am by Lemmy_Winks »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login