Author Topic: Throwing Nerf  (Read 18250 times)

Offline Kophka

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • for the final ride
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Kophka/Koschei
  • IRC nick: Kophka
Re: Throwing Nerf
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2011, 07:16:50 pm »
Seems to me that pure anything is OP. Pure cav on a courser with 8 ride = OP. Pure 2 hander with a 24/18 build and spamsword/crushthrough = OP. Pure shielder with high shield skill = OP. Pure Archer = OP. Pure thrower = OP. Why the hell would you want to nerf hybrids, they are already self-nerfed.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2011, 07:50:38 pm »
The biggest issue is that currently throwing is the ONLY ranged weapon which is capable of 1-shotting an average player in average armor with something other than a headshot.  Ranged weapons should never 1-shot people without a headshot.  That is an issue with throwing and needs to be taken care of.

As for throwers themselves I played a thrower for a long time and no it doesn't take skill.  A bit of luck sure to throw with the force, but it's never taken skill.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Noble Crassius

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Long live the Han
    • View Profile
    • http://rotk.ws/
  • Faction: Han Empire
  • Game nicks: Han_Ling, SiegeSome, Fallen_Knight
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2011, 08:38:00 pm »
As opposed to him walking up and chopping you to pieces?
I would much prefer ashield duel with lemen then him chopping up my shield into pieces then me with axes. (Your assuming he would chop me into pieces i've yet to 1 on 1 him but I assume it would be a fun fight)
On it.

Offline UrLukur

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2011, 09:19:16 pm »
who are you?
no you cant spam lances faster then arrows! nor do you have the aim of the bowman
you get 2 lances in a stack wtf are you talking about? javs get 4... takes 2-3 to kill a man.... 4 to a  sheild and it wont even brake lol
have you seen how bad javs are in melee....
you cant be a real thrower, you know little about throwing o.o

I am eu player.
what arrow, what bowman ? it's irrelevant, he can throw them in between and have acc good enough.
6 lances are enough to kill 6 players, you can pick them up. Javs two hit kill most, it's good as you can have 1 of them. They deal high enough damage against shields.
I am thrower, even good thrower who top the scoreboard.
"Clava curva pie vinco"

Offline Kophka

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • for the final ride
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2011, 02:36:34 pm »
I am eu player.
what arrow, what bowman ? it's irrelevant, he can throw them in between and have acc good enough.
6 lances are enough to kill 6 players, you can pick them up. Javs two hit kill most, it's good as you can have 1 of them. They deal high enough damage against shields.
I am thrower, even good thrower who top the scoreboard.

I'm an average thrower. My character is a steppe bandit type hybrid, horse throwing and lance or shield/spear. I have PT 5, and use javelins. So if javs two hit kill most, then why do I have to regularly put 3 or 4 into anyone wearing 30 armor or above? Maybe they 2 hit people in leather, but so does my battle fork or bec. I understand wanting to nerf people with PT 10+, just like people want to nerf crushthrough people with 10+ PS, or archers with 10+ PD, or katana users with 24 agi, but c'mon, leave us normal people alone.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2011, 02:40:02 pm »
There's absolutely nothing wrong with Katana users that have 24+ agi. Or archers with 10+ PD.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2011, 03:05:44 pm »
There's absolutely nothing wrong with Katana users that have 24+ agi. Or archers with 10+ PD.

Right.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with 10+PS crushthrough builds or 10+ PT throwers either.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2011, 03:08:32 pm »
Indeed not, after Barmace and Long iron mace thing gets nerfed.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Kophka

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • for the final ride
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2011, 03:14:26 pm »
I've said it 100 times, throwing GOT nerfed already, with the big patch. The shot speed and flight range got almost halved, which made sense (but sucked) because they do high damage because of mass, vs an arrow or bolt. They were made to depend more on skill, so wpf now increases accuracy, and they've still got the lovely low ammo count. As a thrower hybrid, there is one nerf that I'd actually like to see, and that's the inability to pick up spent ranged weapons off the ground and out of walls. That would be a game changer, and I think it would add an important element to the game. You'll have to wait until chadz and team play around with the WSE cmpx wrote, so that he can change hardcoded mechanics.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2011, 03:38:46 pm »
The most broken thing about throwing is that you can throw into someone's face who's 1 millimetre away from you. And removing the melee mode from throwing would fix a lot, too.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Not playing
  • Game nicks: Not playing
  • IRC nick: Most likely Dravic
« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2011, 03:44:11 pm »
I think they should nerf throwing with -30~~% of dmg, -15 of spd rtng of EVERY throwing weapon and +1 PT req to every throwing weapon but stones. Would do the trick.

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2011, 04:17:48 pm »
The most broken thing about throwing is that you can throw into someone's face who's 1 millimetre away from you. And removing the melee mode from throwing would fix a lot, too.

It's called bump. You bump someone from that distance.

I think they should nerf throwing with -30~~% of dmg, -15 of spd rtng of EVERY throwing weapon and +1 PT req to every throwing weapon but stones. Would do the trick.

Nah, it would be better if we just removed throwing weapons alltogether.

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline Noble Crassius

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Long live the Han
    • View Profile
    • http://rotk.ws/
  • Faction: Han Empire
  • Game nicks: Han_Ling, SiegeSome, Fallen_Knight
« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2011, 04:33:41 pm »
It's called bump. You bump someone from that distance.
So then are you saying this
Never happens? cause it does all the time you should try it out yourself once in a while it looks very effective.
The biggest issue is that currently throwing is the ONLY ranged weapon which is capable of 1-shotting an average player in average armor with something other than a headshot.  Ranged weapons should never 1-shot people without a headshot.  That is an issue with throwing and needs to be taken care of.

As for throwers themselves I played a thrower for a long time and no it doesn't take skill.  A bit of luck sure to throw with the force, but it's never taken skill.
^
and this is a very good point.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 04:35:18 pm by Noble Crassius »
On it.

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #58 on: March 09, 2011, 05:02:54 pm »

So the guy walking around with 3 heavy axes stuck in various parts of his body is abnormal then. Leave my axes alone!

Yes we know, cav takes no skill, shield takes no skill, ranged in general takes no skill, which must be why you pack that xbow. I beg to differ. It's easy to get a couple kills by being a shitty thrower, to play it well is an art.

EDIT: one thing I would like to see, is the ability to bat incoming projectiles aside with a melee weapon.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 05:17:53 pm by Zisa »
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 09, 2011, 06:05:59 pm »
EDIT: one thing I would like to see, is the ability to bat incoming projectiles aside with a melee weapon.

I thought it was made possible to chamber projectiles allready. Could've been trolling from when the patch arrived though.