Author Topic: Throwing Nerf  (Read 17468 times)

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
Re: Throwing Nerf
« Reply #75 on: March 10, 2011, 03:51:58 am »
I've been away for 4 month. So I suppose I missed that nerf.

And the logic department also tells me than throwers throw at melees rather than at an archer standing 50 yards away, meaning that archers doesn't get point-blank 1shot by some guy that casually backed up and whipped out his throwing-axe because he got nervous about the whole blocking deal.
Stupid throwers go for easier targets. Smart ones try to piss off an archer within range.

@Zekerage
Spam throwing at the maximum RoF drastically increases the miss potential, as in spray and pray, with either lucky results or an empty stack. Pausing to line up a shot increases odds of hitting. Throwing is all about calculating the odds, with many of the best throws being those not taken!
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #76 on: March 10, 2011, 12:33:03 pm »
I played an hour and a half on a low pop server (+/-40 people) with my thrower. There was 1 other thrower on my team (level 3 rockthrower :P) and 1 on the enemy team (hybrid with heavy axes).

Depending on the map (some maps are harder than others) I managed to get a 5:1 k/d ratio a few rounds, finishing most maps with a positive kd ratio of >2:1. I was tossing around jarids.

The other thrower was terribad and had a kd ratio of <1:1.

Despite the fact I 1 or 2 hit anyone, nobody cried about it. Not even once. The reason for that was there were much deadlier guys around with their 2h swords or lances from horseback. They had higher kd ratios than I had and were perfectly capable of dodging anything I threw at them when they faced me.

As for the firing rate: As soon as someone came in my effective range, I could throw 2, maybe 3 jarids before being forced to melee. Despite having 10 PS, melee usually ends badly for me when I'm using jarids.

The guys on the enemy team did what everyone should do: Deal with it.
The 2h guys even started bringing 0 shieldskill shields to prevent me from hitting that first jarid.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #77 on: March 10, 2011, 01:50:49 pm »
oh pls nerf this this really has no sense i just got one shotted with a javelin i thin k in transitional armour and it wasnt even a headshot it was more a gut shot.

this really makes no sense, and the speed dude was chucking those thins rivals a machine gun.

slow the animation and reduce the dmg atleast make it a cut damage
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 10, 2011, 01:55:13 pm »
I played an hour and a half on a low pop server (+/-40 people) with my thrower. There was 1 other thrower on my team (level 3 rockthrower :P) and 1 on the enemy team (hybrid with heavy axes).

Depending on the map (some maps are harder than others) I managed to get a 5:1 k/d ratio a few rounds, finishing most maps with a positive kd ratio of >2:1. I was tossing around jarids.

The other thrower was terribad and had a kd ratio of <1:1.

Despite the fact I 1 or 2 hit anyone, nobody cried about it. Not even once. The reason for that was there were much deadlier guys around with their 2h swords or lances from horseback. They had higher kd ratios than I had and were perfectly capable of dodging anything I threw at them when they faced me.

As for the firing rate: As soon as someone came in my effective range, I could throw 2, maybe 3 jarids before being forced to melee. Despite having 10 PS, melee usually ends badly for me when I'm using jarids.

The guys on the enemy team did what everyone should do: Deal with it.
The 2h guys even started bringing 0 shieldskill shields to prevent me from hitting that first jarid.

Their chat was like:
[Dead*Noob1] OMG FUCKING THROWER
[Dead*Noob2] Jesus fuck op throwing
[Dead*Noob3] banana
[Dead*Noob4] nerf throwing
[Player1] We winning bro
[Dead*Noob5] im going thrower next gen
[Dead*Noob6] throwing is lame

Your chat was like:
[Player1] We winning bro
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 01:59:53 pm by Vibe »

Offline Noble Crassius

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Long live the Han
    • View Profile
    • http://rotk.ws/
  • Faction: Han Empire
  • Game nicks: Han_Ling, SiegeSome, Fallen_Knight
« Reply #79 on: March 10, 2011, 02:27:14 pm »
^
Lol this is what I hear every round, perhaps you missed out since you were alive 1-2 two shotting errebody.
On it.

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #80 on: March 10, 2011, 02:37:36 pm »
It needs a fix and it will get its fix.

Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 10, 2011, 03:31:46 pm »

Nah, if it was like that, they would've spammed chat the next round with that.

oh pls nerf this this really has no sense i just got one shotted with a javelin i thin k in transitional armour and it wasnt even a headshot it was more a gut shot.

this really makes no sense, and the speed dude was chucking those thins rivals a machine gun.

One shot kills with javs against people in transitional don't happen unless there's a rather large speedbonus involved and the thrower has 12-14 PT.

I need 3-4 javelins to take out players in transitional with body shots (10 PT).

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline Noble Crassius

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Long live the Han
    • View Profile
    • http://rotk.ws/
  • Faction: Han Empire
  • Game nicks: Han_Ling, SiegeSome, Fallen_Knight
« Reply #82 on: March 10, 2011, 04:16:41 pm »
Tsk denial, complaints about throwing are there every round vibes chat recreation might as well be a log lol.
On it.

Offline Diomedes

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
  • Cat
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sootnik_Diomedes
« Reply #83 on: March 10, 2011, 05:16:54 pm »
It's possible, though very difficult, to 1-hit a player in heraldic even with a jarid and 10 PS.  The online damage calculator says that for that to happen you need to have low-armour gloves, a perfect set-up (i.e. speed), and common bad luck.

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 10, 2011, 05:21:03 pm »
It's possible, though very difficult, to 1-hit a player in heraldic even with a jarid and 10 PS.  The online damage calculator says that for that to happen you need to have low-armour gloves, a perfect set-up (i.e. speed), and common bad luck.

oh pls nerf this this really has no sense i just got one shotted with a javelin i think in transitional armour and it wasnt even a headshot it was more a gut shot.

If he ment a jarid, it's ok. That's possible with some bad luck and a nice speedbonus I guess. But with javelins it's impossible.

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Not playing
  • Game nicks: Not playing
  • IRC nick: Most likely Dravic
« Reply #85 on: March 10, 2011, 05:54:40 pm »
Hmm... I was able to 1hit in 60% of cases with 13 PT using javelin.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #86 on: March 10, 2011, 06:14:23 pm »
Hmm... I was able to 1hit in 60% of cases with 13 PT using javelin.

If you have 39 STR you deserve to OS most things. That is beyond dedicated, that is hyperspecialized.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Not playing
  • Game nicks: Not playing
  • IRC nick: Most likely Dravic
« Reply #87 on: March 10, 2011, 06:34:07 pm »
It was 41str ^^ 30 lvl, on 31 lvl i would have 14 pt ;D

I was using rocks if I wanted to do lols. Also, I had SO MANY MONEY to spent, that my favourite "play" was running with javelins in black armor...

Because my sister enjoyed one-hit-one-killing everyone with javelins while running around in khergit lady dress and without any "player skills": she cant manual block and doesnt know how to properly fight with shield, so thrower that with a bit of luck can kill anyone was a viable option for her.

I earned about 100k (actually, she played that char more than me) from 1st lvl to 30th. At 30th lvl we bought all those expensive armours.

But I retired that char long time ago (1 and 1/2 month ago), because it was REALLY overpowered for me. ;D

Even tho it is truth in some way:

If you have 39 STR you deserve to OS most things. That is beyond dedicated, that is hyperspecialized.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 06:36:44 pm by Dravic »

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #88 on: March 10, 2011, 06:36:39 pm »
Because my sister enjoyed one-hit-one-killing everyone with javelins while running around in khergit lady dress and without any "player skills": she cant manual block and doesnt know how to properly fight with shield, so thrower that with a bit of luck can kill anyone was a viable option for her.

I think you just described what's wrong with throwing quite nicely.  Thanks.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Native_ATS

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 11, 2011, 09:09:35 am »
so sad hearing that Throwing is op  :cry:
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 09:16:26 am by Native_ATS »