Author Topic: archery..  (Read 53838 times)

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
Re: archery..
« Reply #90 on: February 16, 2012, 03:50:35 am »
I always roll out the same argument without actually thinking about what it is I'm typing!

Risk versus reward: 2 scenarios;

1. Encased in steel, with a sword longer than most japanese ppl, with enough STR and WPF to be able to 1hit anyone without heavy armour, you are THE LORD OF WAR! You can strike down your enemies as you reach them, you can survive multiple hits from big weapons, a handful of arrows, even the odd couched lance. Striding around the battlefield, you are the 2hander.

2. Wearing an old sack vest, and armed with a piece of bent wood and some string, you sally forth to fight the metal behemoths. If any of them reach you, you are dead. If another archer shoots you, you are dead. If a crossbowman sees you stand still, you are dead. If a horse, wether friend, foe, or runnin wild, bumps you, you are dead. Sometimes random throwers get within range, and if you dont look sharp: YOUR DEAD. All of this so that occasianally your arrows will ACTUALLY FIND A HITBOX!! And one shot in 10 might find the right hitbox, so some games you might even get a possitive KDR, if you are REALLY lucky. The Joys of being an archer.

SO: Who is REALLY taking the risks. I know it FUCKING SUCKS to get shot when you are having fun in a fight, but dont use stupid arguments to back YOUR OPINION.
I don't know enough

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2349
  • Infamy: 578
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 16, 2012, 04:08:44 am »
And one shot in 10 might find the right hitbox, so some games you might even get a possitive KDR, if you are REALLY lucky. The Joys of being an archer.

So you enjoy randomness? That's strange, I thought most players like to have their destiny under their control like most twohanders have when server isn't overpopulated by either ranged or cav.

Funny thing about you, so called "dedicated archers", is that more you "argue" the dumber you seem. Please, keep it up.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 04:10:31 am by Leshma »

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 16, 2012, 05:25:41 am »
So you enjoy randomness? That's strange, I thought most players like to have their destiny under their control like most twohanders have when server isn't overpopulated by either ranged or cav.

Funny thing about you, so called "dedicated archers", is that more you "argue" the dumber you seem. Please, keep it up.

You whats ironic? Your post.

You know why?

1. I hate how random the hitboxes are

BUT

2. Im not an archer, dedicated, concentrated, 100% fat free, nothing, Im a bamboo spear fairy.
I don't know enough

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #93 on: February 16, 2012, 08:52:29 am »
I've always found you a good and smart player Gravoth but this...
 Explain to me how you receive little damage to ranged again.

You see Gurni - Gravoth is a Black (Dark Skinned) Paladin with a level 20 Defiance aura so he can survive more shots then anyone else. When he's on the server his aura works on his teammates as well (36 yards radius if I'm not mistaken) so naturally he finds archers weak and laughs in their faces because in his eyes they are weaklings who can't kill anyone.
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Lactose_the_intolerant

• Earl
  • Renown: 460
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Byzantium the intolerant, lactose_the_...
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 16, 2012, 10:27:52 am »
+1
I dont think gravoth has played since last patch  :?

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #95 on: February 16, 2012, 12:16:36 pm »
+1
2. Wearing a tight leather vest, and armed with the ability to fart custom-made armor-piercing rainbows, you sally forth to fight the metal behemoths. If any of them reach you, you run away. If another archer shoots you, you run away. If a crossbowman sees you stand still, you run away. If a horse, whether friend, foe, or runnin wild, bumps you, you jump out of the way, and then run away. Sometimes random throwers get within range, and if you don't shoot back: YOU RUN AWAY. All of this so that you can stand away from the actual battle, lob arrows into the melee blob, hit, stun and kill your friendlies and being a general pain in the ass for the other players!! One shot in 10 might actually find an enemy player, so some games you might even get a possitive K:TK, if you are REALLY lucky. The Joys of being an archer.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 04:53:35 pm by Dezilagel »

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #96 on: February 16, 2012, 12:31:37 pm »
+1
18 strength, 0 IF, 40 body armour on an alt. 80 % damage from one shot at  medium range while not running towards the archer. Yes, archery is 'viable' again. :lol:
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #97 on: February 16, 2012, 01:21:53 pm »
18 strength, 0 IF, 40 body armour on an alt. 80 % damage from one shot at  medium range while not running towards the archer. Yes, archery is 'viable' again. :lol:

I like playing on the siege server better. Far fewer archers there  8-)

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline Old_Sir_Agor

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DenBitre_Sir_Agor
« Reply #98 on: February 16, 2012, 01:27:20 pm »
I run in no loomed lamellar vest and no loomed leather gloves with 15 str 0 IF lvl 30, and archer shoots take less then half of mine hp. so if you talking here abpout some 8pd and more archers, then they miss alot, and they have slow shoot speed, and btw inf also have some 9-10 ps build who allways 1 hit kill many people in melee.
shooting at people from a reachable place as last man standing is not delaying. Even if you're on the other side of the map.

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #99 on: February 16, 2012, 01:32:11 pm »
+3
i forgot i made this thread,,,,,  im lvl 34  , 21/21, 7if , 48/59/50 armor and 1 shield skill,  dont tell me to take a shield you scrubs, dont tell me how to dodge archery maggots,  and i will say once more archery has never been nerfed in this game, theyve jsut switched between ballanced and op the whole time, i dont understand, finaly wiht this build i could take 6 body shots and 1 headshot (buffed ) , a week later boom 3/4 shot in body 1 shot in head,, i got these fuckin light geared snipers hitting me harder then lancing cav paying shit money on upkeep, kiting and hshotting. terrain abbusing , and plz dont let me start about archers who decide to work together... and by archers i mean 2 of them..  only 2 of them is already enough for a fuckin stunlock powerhit nightmare. for all who decided to share your experience and try to describe how you think archery is fine , stop being a pub wanker , get in a clan , start learning teamplay, watch archery thrive beyond belief, come back to me , and say sorry.

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #100 on: February 16, 2012, 01:44:47 pm »
+1
i forgot i made this thread,,,,,  im lvl 34  , 21/21, 7if , 48/59/50 armor and 1 shield skill,  dont tell me to take a shield you scrubs, dont tell me how to dodge archery maggots,  and i will say once more archery has never been nerfed in this game, theyve jsut switched between ballanced and op the whole time, i dont understand, finaly wiht this build i could take 6 body shots and 1 headshot (buffed ) , a week later boom 3/4 shot in body 1 shot in head,, i got these fuckin light geared snipers hitting me harder then lancing cav paying shit money on upkeep, kiting and hshotting. terrain abbusing , and plz dont let me start about archers who decide to work together... and by archers i mean 2 of them..  only 2 of them is already enough for a fuckin stunlock powerhit nightmare. for all who decided to share your experience and try to describe how you think archery is fine , stop being a pub wanker , get in a clan , start learning teamplay, watch archery thrive beyond belief, come back to me , and say sorry.

pics or it never happened

Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #101 on: February 16, 2012, 01:56:22 pm »
I run in no loomed lamellar vest and no loomed leather gloves with 15 str 0 IF lvl 30, and archer shoots take less then half of mine hp. so if you talking here abpout some 8pd and more archers, then they miss alot, and they have slow shoot speed, and btw inf also have some 9-10 ps build who allways 1 hit kill many people in melee.

No, I know the one who shot me. He has 6 PD
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #102 on: February 16, 2012, 02:03:22 pm »
I've always found you a good and smart player Gravoth but this...

...makes me think. I get two-hit, three-hit at best by those fully loomed archers that in addition to being extremely powerful easily run away from me too (bagge, Zerobot etc.). I have 21 strength 5 IF and 50 body armour. Explain to me how you receive little damage to ranged again.

Well fully loomed archers can maybe 2-3 shot me but the thing is i always avoid them, sure it happens that i get hit by them maybe once during the round but if i notice them doing alot of damage or focus on hitting me i just back off and take a different route or i bring my shield up and stick with a large group hoping that he will switch target.
But like i said most of the time i get hit it barely damages me, yesterday i got hit by just a few arrows, those i remember did around 1cm of dmg, and the other maybe 3-4cm.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
« Reply #103 on: February 16, 2012, 02:33:06 pm »
+2
Remove all weapons from the game, buff heavy gauntlets dmg
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 16, 2012, 02:58:10 pm »
+6
Though some were sober enough in their arguments I was somewhat amazed at how dishonest many of the ranged players in this community was after the 0.260 patch; wild claims about how many projectiles it took to kill someone were rampant and nowhere consistent with what I saw for myself as an infantry player who plays many hours a day on many different servers. I know Western teenagers traditionally thinks their whole life is destroyed over the simplest things (mom and dad won't let me come home later than 12 on friday, my life is over!!), and no one likes to be nerfed, but some of the numbers being thrown around were just ludicrous.

The current status that is the fruit of all this (variably) shameful lobbying is a tad too much, in my opinion. Considering the inherent unfair nature of ranged combat vs close combat numbers ranging somewhere between what they are now and what they were then seems more reasonable so as to not make the game really frustrating for other classes (to me it sounds fair that it takes at least a shot or two more to kill at range than up close). Or in the least the added armor penetration for ranged should be lowered for heavier armors to be a more viable counter (though I'd personally not want tincan or loom crutchers to have an even greater advantage some basic medium-heavy armor should perhaps make for more of a difference against ranged than what they do now), or - which seems more reasonable to me - if they are to keep the very high, long range damage output they should not be able to just outrun anyone (which would also add more teamwork and prompt all ranged to train some basic M&B mechanics).

Fact of the matter is that currently I get one-shot with full health by arrows, bolts or (most) throwing to the face (50 head armor), one-shot by an arbalest bolt to the torso (55 torso armor) and one arrow or xbow bolt often takes more (sometimes alot more) than 60% of my hp (5IF), and usually two-shot me (plus bumping or wounding me gravely which can mean my quick death in a melee) which is about the same it takes for me to kill a similarly medium armored opponent with my MW Danish, even when aiming for the head.
The difference being of course that the ranged can do this from a long distance and I cannot block it without a shield (which I have but cannot use when I'm fighting which is when I mostly get shot), and it only takes two ranged working together to bypass a shield. Not only that, these one-shot arbalests or two-shot archers and xbows can even run from me (I have 7ath), and always do, so they can just keep their distance and point and click - any fool can do it with the right character and equipment. Even a shot to the limbs can still take almost half my health, despite it supposedly being lowered.

This is not at all a rant at the ranged classes in general, they have their place on the battlefield and I definitely want these classes to be playable. This is not about k/d ratio either; the obvious problems when you have ranged and melee classes in the same game lies elsewhere.