Author Topic: archery..  (Read 53833 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 365
  • Infamy: 1803
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: archery..
« Reply #60 on: February 14, 2012, 11:17:53 pm »
I was at the point were Gnjus was a 24/7 roof xbower/mauler.

Yeah, he was. Now he's something worse than that.

Offline Kirman

• Duke
  • Renown: 609
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tormatun
  • Game nicks: Kirman/Namrik/Anmirk/Riknam
« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2012, 12:11:41 pm »
At least remove range on rageball they really ruin that mod

Offline BlackMilk

• Polearm Lover
  • Earl
  • Renown: 370
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: el_Banduri
« Reply #62 on: February 15, 2012, 02:21:52 pm »
Easy guide of crying & whining:[/b]
1. Take a 2h sword.
3. Take a nick: Tzar, Leshma, Rufio.. or something similar.
2. Learn the way of randomspam.
3. Buy a keyboard with only one key. "W".
4. Buy a mouse button with one button. "Left click".
5. Go straight into the battle thinking you're playing on godmode.
6. Get your e-penis bigger and stronger killing 22 peasants in a row.
7. Get shot in the face while you was climbing a ladder where a kitty archer was running from you.
8. Create a post. Rage and whine.
9. Make El_Infante laugh a lot. Thanks.
Tzar is/was a 1hander. Just saying...

Offline Lactose_the_intolerant

• Earl
  • Renown: 460
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Byzantium the intolerant, lactose_the_...
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 15, 2012, 04:03:29 pm »
i probably made a gimp build because I'm a polearm thrower.... Can't afford to spend in shield skill and have no slots for a shield unless i sacrifice a slot of my throwing stuff(I would then end up with 3 throwing axes ->lol). If i'd do that, it means iv wasted skill points in throwing

buff throwing  :P  8-)

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 15, 2012, 08:13:16 pm »
+1
Ah, found three replies of me against the 'get a shield' derps. Posting one will suffice.

shield
No, just no. First of all, it costs points, now that would be worth it if a shield would be effective. As a 2h meleer with a shield you will have to put the shield away to fight, which is 80% of the time, after the initial run to the fray.

When youre not fighting missiles are pretty easy to dodge anyway, just spasm with your mouse. I mostly get hit while fighting, when I would have holstered my shield.

Also you can get caught off guard with your shield out at close range, which will grant the enemy a hit when you switch.

Overall a shield for arrows as a 2h is detrimental to your performance. Being a 1h shielder is just plainly boring.

Not even talking about this yet
ever had 2 archers crossfire you? shield sucks dick in that situation

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #65 on: February 15, 2012, 08:23:26 pm »
Get a shield is the best arguement ever.

If you have a shield and still get shot you are doing something wrong.
If you dont have a shield and whine for nerfs because you dont feel like spending 1 skillpoint & slot you are also doing it wrong.

Archery is pretty damn weak as it is, whenever i get hit it barely does any difference to me unless the stun fucks me up.

(click to show/hide)
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 15, 2012, 08:24:37 pm »
What use is a shield when youre fighting as a 2h or polearmer? Its on your back all the time! Only slowing your dodging down.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2537
  • Infamy: 1491
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 15, 2012, 08:24:49 pm »
Well, I'll have to use it just for protection. Chasing archers is out of the question at this moment. Even dedicated shielders die if they decide to go after archers. Only cav can kill them and only from behind. Was playing last night on EU1 with bunch of very skilled archers, it was truly scary what they are capable of.

Also, there isn't a single archer left in crpg who respect his teammates a slightest bit. Without exception every one of them will shoot and keep shooting into melee even if they had hit their fellow teammate couple of times...
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 08:26:51 pm by Leshma »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2616
  • Infamy: 2183
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 15, 2012, 08:29:50 pm »
Archery is pretty damn weak as it is, whenever i get hit it barely does any difference to me unless the stun fucks me up.

Which server are you playing and at what time. I want to play with/against such archers myself. Will do anything to avoid the likes of Zerobot, Nelo, Inhumane, Slv and crew...

Offline PanPan

• Baron
  • Renown: 98
  • Infamy: 70
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 15, 2012, 08:31:32 pm »
Which server are you playing and at what time. I want to play with/against such archers myself. Will do anything to avoid the likes of Zerobot, Nelo, Inhumane, Slv and crew...
Leshma you always (almost) play with light armor dont wonder if a 9pd archer with 40 cut damge longbow shots you.

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #70 on: February 15, 2012, 08:32:33 pm »
No, just no. First of all, it costs points, now that would be worth it if a shield would be effective.
1 point.  Easily worth it over 2 hp.
As a 2h meleer with a shield you will have to put the shield away to fight, which is 80% of the time, after the initial run to the fray.
In the fray use bodies or other shielders for cover.  Leave the shield on the back most of the time, but when you are alone or charging archers bust it out.  Simple.
When youre not fighting missiles are pretty easy to dodge anyway, just spasm with your mouse. I mostly get hit while fighting, when I would have holstered my shield.
I also get hit the most by other melee when I'm teamed up on.  Funny how that works, this crazy teamwork thing :D
But really you can take steps to avoid this. If I'm in a melee fight while archers are shooting at me I try to position myself "behind" the enemy so archers will have a hard time hitting me.  Otherwise work on adjusting your footwork and sticking close to the enemy melee - the archer will be forced to reposition/stop firing lest they risk hitting their teammate in which case you get a free hit.

As an archer the easiest time to hit people tangled in melee are when they are backing away or moving forward for a swing.  If you focus on circling or sticking close I don't even bother risking it.

Also you can get caught off guard with your shield out at close range, which will grant the enemy a hit when you switch.
Don't... be... off guard?  I don't know why that's part of your argument.

Overall a shield for arrows as a 2h is detrimental to your performance. Being a 1h shielder is just plainly boring.
I'd rather be alive and worry about that problem, than being dead to ranged.  Besides there are plenty of 2h weapons that can be used with a shield.. of course that would only be a temporary thing but this also allows you to fully push onto ranged with the shield up and still be ready to kill them without having to sheath the shield.

E:
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 08:38:36 pm by MrShine »
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 561
  • Infamy: 2255
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 15, 2012, 08:39:27 pm »
Leshma you always (almost) play with light armor dont wonder if a 9pd archer with 40 cut damge longbow shots you.

Last night I was using armor with 47 body rating. I wouldn't call that light. In such armor, those archers hit me for about 40% of my 65 HP which isn't that scary. Scary is their power to hit me multiple times in few seconds and my inability to dodge them anymore. I was very good at dodging archers, that's not the case anymore. It's not that I lost my touch, it's much harder than before, almost impossible.

It's a bit shameful but out of my 12.5k kills about 8k are archer kills. Even when they did a lot more damage I was able to slaughter them. Right now going after average archer is like signing a death sentence, going after skilled ones is...

Even that British teenager who is famous archer himself admitted that archer is too easy right now.

I don't know what they've changed in last two patches apart from damage changes but my paranoia tells me that they messed with size of hitboxes. They are good archers, there is luck but number of headshots is staggering and I won't buy the story that they are always hitting what they are aiming for or that they are just that lucky...

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #72 on: February 15, 2012, 08:40:04 pm »
What use is a shield when youre fighting as a 2h or polearmer? Its on your back all the time! Only slowing your dodging down.

It... blocks arrows? which is why you use it? It just slows you down by a small bit, you can drop it before going into melee fights and only use it when you are pushing forward if you really need that movement speed.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2477
  • Infamy: 1168
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 15, 2012, 08:44:03 pm »
You'll die from arrows in melee fight just as much as you'll die in the open. Greed of players who play this mod had hit the limit. No one gives a fuck about their teammates anymore, everyone wants to KILL!

Archers (both friendly and enemy) will shoot a group of you poor sobs who are fighting in melee, they'll rip you all to shreds and after you are all dead you'll see on scoreboard that only archers got kills.

Offline justme

• Count
  • Renown: 188
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_Elsupreme
« Reply #74 on: February 15, 2012, 08:52:07 pm »
It... blocks arrows? which is why you use it? It just slows you down by a small bit, you can drop it before going into melee fights and only use it when you are pushing forward if you really need that movement speed.

if u dont have high shield skill, you can be shoot in head in foot even through shield... not to mention 270 degree which shield doesnt cover (and guess what, there is never one archer shooting you)