Author Topic: Rageball  (Read 40265 times)

Offline Raki

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Teresa
Re: Rageball
« Reply #210 on: January 21, 2012, 04:40:56 pm »
+2
I really love this new game mode, but there's one small annoyance...
Occasionally, some people from one team just camp the opposite goal during the entire game, infesting it like roaches.
My humble request would be to have people dying near the opponent's goal a bit further from it. I'm not sure if that's possible/easy to code, but it'd be awesome to not be pinned down near your goal for an entire map, because some people think it's fun to keep rushing it.

Thank you,
Teresa

Offline Cyber

• Count
  • Renown: 237
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Cyber
« Reply #211 on: January 21, 2012, 09:05:01 pm »
It's awesome but really needs banner balance more then any other gamemod.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 09:07:15 pm by Cyber »

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • I use these forums to hook up with hot ladies
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Memento_Mori, Sengo_Muramasa, Born_Of_Osiris,
« Reply #212 on: January 21, 2012, 09:14:35 pm »
If someone ELSE throws the ball and I kick it without picking it up: they carrier the buff correct?

I would also like to know if kicks count as picking the ball up.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 09:15:49 pm by Memento_Mori »

Offline Chris_P_Bacon

• Count
  • Renown: 195
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • I'm a pig.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Ser_Chris_P_Bacon_Astralis, an_angry_piglet, A_Canadian_Seal_Clubber_Eh
« Reply #213 on: January 22, 2012, 07:41:20 am »
I would also like to know if kicks count as picking the ball up.
It doesn't slow you down, if that's what you mean.

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #214 on: January 22, 2012, 01:21:16 pm »
Awesome game mode. I haven't been in battle since this came out. I only went in siege for a few rounds because the rageball server was passworded. Great idea devs.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vodner

• Duke
  • Renown: 526
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player
  • SaulCanner
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SaulCanner
« Reply #215 on: January 22, 2012, 11:05:27 pm »
+6
They certainly named this gamemode correctly. I'm going to have an aneurysm if I see one more teammate engage in melee while holding the ball, when he is surrounded by teammates who are open for a pass. Sometimes you don't have a choice - nobody is open, and attempting a pass would likely lose you the ball. Most of the time it's just people being dumb.

"Oh, I have the ball? I better run straight into the first pack of enemies I see, and try to kill them all with my long maul. Herpidity derpity fucking derp, it's a miracle I haven't died from forgetting how to breathe."
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 11:10:41 pm by Vodner »

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #216 on: January 23, 2012, 12:17:04 am »
They certainly named this gamemode correctly. I'm going to have an aneurysm if I see one more teammate engage in melee while holding the ball, when he is surrounded by teammates who are open for a pass. Sometimes you don't have a choice - nobody is open, and attempting a pass would likely lose you the ball. Most of the time it's just people being dumb.

"Oh, I have the ball? I better run straight into the first pack of enemies I see, and try to kill them all with my long maul. Herpidity derpity fucking derp, it's a miracle I haven't died from forgetting how to breathe."

This is true. Plus the people that play it like its TDM is annoying too especially when they do it ignoring the ball and just kill people.

Offline Duke

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 23, 2012, 12:56:44 am »
I love the mode, just a couple things I want to say:

The coliseum map (I forget the exact name) has terrible spawns in my opinion.

Truth to be told, if you have a problem with spawnraping and endless fights - I'm afraid I have to tell you - You're doing it wrong!

You will soon understand the reason for respawning where you died.

You act like we always have a choice. Often times it's enemies spawning at my goal and I refuse to abandon it just so you can pretend your spawns are fine. Also, I don't always spawn where I died.
Many times I die on my side then spawn on the enemy goal, and they vice versa. After that, then we keep spawning where I/they die.

The coliseum map is the worst offender because of how cramped it is to begin with. 
At least the open maps give you a chance to run for it.
If the coliseum map is not improved I want to see it gone completely.

--------------------------------------------

Secondly, I'm partially color blind and I know I'm not the only one. I really wish the goal UI icons would be clearer which is which.
Perhaps a  greyed-out icon for friendly. Or go blue/red. Green/red is a poor choice.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 01:00:04 am by Duke »

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #218 on: January 23, 2012, 02:01:28 am »
yes agree.. I'd like the big soccer field we had in the beginning back into rotation.

Btw.. Creating havok at the opponents goal, luring them away from their own goal is a valid tactic. Doesn't have to be all the time.. but when the ball is nearing expect to get attacked.

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline OzyTheSage

• Baron
  • Renown: 84
  • Infamy: 6
  • Om nom nom
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Fortress
  • Game nicks: Ozymandias
« Reply #219 on: January 23, 2012, 03:19:06 am »
I'd prefer if a map was designed specifically for Rageball, like some kind of rageball stadium.

Also, I was banned from NA today because somebody didn't know how to block with his shield. At least, that's the only reason I could think of. Great fun.

A stadium for cav only rageball could be interesting too. 1/3 athletics could count towards riding skill or something, similar to how riding does right now.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 03:22:59 am by OzyTheSage »

Offline Duke

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 23, 2012, 03:50:39 am »
+1
Btw.. Creating havok at the opponents goal, luring them away from their own goal is a valid tactic. Doesn't have to be all the time.. but when the ball is nearing expect to get attacked.
I'm not talking about when the ball is approaching, I understand that and would do the same.
I'm talking about enemies who spawn at my goal and will not leave, for the entirety of the match.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #221 on: January 23, 2012, 04:57:49 am »
Well heavy armor str monsters need a position too.. :) They are not the best defenders since they often are slow and get ganked and have no shield, but as attackers focusing on disrupting enemy goal they are fine.
Its just hopeless for them to run across the map all the time. I barely manage with 7 athletics.. I think that's a minimum to be effective on the field right now. Soon it will not be enough because of all the special rageball chars around.

Ganking enemy goal is not an optimal strat, but it works in pub battles. This is not soccer, this is rageball..

Of course.. doing it all the time, and without relevance to where the ball is is retarded.. But some people might find it boring to just stand around anyway.

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Thanatos

• Noble
  • Renown: 22
  • Infamy: 132
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 23, 2012, 06:07:22 am »
Add something about offside rule.

Perhaps after a while, clans can form efficient rageball systems.

10 v 10:
3-1-3-3
3 defenders, one anchorman, 3 midfielders, 3 forwards.

3-3-1-3
3 defenders, 3 midfielders, 1 attacking midfielder, 3 forwards.

4-4-2
4 defenders, 4 midfielders, 2 forwards.

Defenders can be polearms with crossbows.
Anchorman can be archer.
Midfielders can be 1h shielders to provide cover to their teammates.
Forwards can be fast 2handers.

Perhaps this game would be more interesting if it were for cavalry? It would be more fast paced and tactical with more manuevers.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 06:11:38 am by Thanatos »

Offline OzyTheSage

• Baron
  • Renown: 84
  • Infamy: 6
  • Om nom nom
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Fortress
  • Game nicks: Ozymandias
« Reply #223 on: January 23, 2012, 06:12:09 am »
It's relatively annoying when an enemy dies and they spawn near your goal, so instead of going into the field to play the game they go to your goal for more herpyderpytime, or to get a 'revenge kill'

In that arena map, I kept spawning behind the enemy goal while the enemies were spawning midfield. Very annoying when you die near your goal. Very annoying when it means killing an enemy just means they spawn closer to where they're trying to go. Very annoying in general.

Offside rule? As I mentioned earlier I don't play or know much about sports, but is offsides from Hockey? The problem is most of the current maps do not feature lines painted on the ground, so it's hard to tell when you're passing off-sides or not.

Oh, another thing. It's dumb when an enemy scores a goal, and the only real way to get it out of your area is to wait for it to spawn in the middle of the map and hope someone is there to get it/someone doesn't pick it up first.

Offline Duke

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 23, 2012, 06:52:29 am »
Ozy, it's funny you mention hockey...
because I have this idea where the defeated side of field could be cleared by Zambonis after each goal.

And by Zambonis I mean: Invincible, No-Clip Armored War Horses that 1-hit kill any member of the scoring team they touch.  :lol: