Author Topic: Rageball  (Read 40132 times)

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
Re: Rageball
« Reply #240 on: January 25, 2012, 06:11:02 pm »
Rageball is pretty fantastic the way it is now...so I hope the changes aren't too drastic!  We could use a little bit of slight tweaking and mechanical issues (maybe adding a minor ball bounce or roll when its thrown, instead of having it sick like glue to the ground.

Other than that, make changes gradually so we're sure they work out!
I love this game. :)

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #241 on: January 25, 2012, 06:11:56 pm »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #242 on: January 27, 2012, 03:52:42 pm »
 :D
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Elmetiacos

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
  • You've probably teamkilled me
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hot_Chick_with_a_Sword, Dark_Rose_Knight
« Reply #243 on: January 28, 2012, 03:33:04 am »
It needs to be better policed; Khorin seems to be the only admin you ever see on the Rageball servers. I am sure people are getting away with using the autoblock hack, for instance.
The word is "anyway" not "anyways". You are not Gabby Hayes.

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #244 on: January 28, 2012, 04:31:20 am »
Admins are not there to look out for autoblockers. They'll get banned in the next banwave.

I think I see admins every now and then on rageball, but the fact of the matter is that I've only had to  ban one person on there so far. People tend to follow the rules there better. (Could be when I'm in there only, dunno).

I play mostly rageball atm, though. It's great fun, in my opinion.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #245 on: January 28, 2012, 05:20:09 am »
Yeah me too.. only rageball if there are players!

Ive noticed some leechers though.. been kicking a few and giving another one 5h break..

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • dear god I hate throwers
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
  • Faction: Dracul, RUFF RYDERS
  • Game nicks: Dracul_AppleSauce_FieldBauss | Wiff Khalifa | U_Having_A_Giggle_M8
« Reply #246 on: January 28, 2012, 06:13:56 am »
+2
I have a request, it's a little specific and probably won't ever help anyone but me, but I'm colorblind, and I can't tell the goals apart for the life of me. Sometimes all my teammates all run one way and I can assume that's the way to go or just pass to them. But oftentimes, I'll have teammates running different directions and that's when I am clueless and often get yelled at for running the wrong way or passing wrong way. And even when I tell people my reason for this, usually they understand, but still, I just lost my multiplier. ):

Summary: white and black goals maybe?
I'm rock, nerf paper, scissors is fine. Welcome to c-RPG.

Offline IG_Saint

• Count
  • Renown: 196
  • Infamy: 20
    • View Profile
  • Faction: IG
« Reply #247 on: January 28, 2012, 06:17:17 am »
It needs to be better policed; Khorin seems to be the only admin you ever see on the Rageball servers. I am sure people are getting away with using the autoblock hack, for instance.

I remember you complaining about autoblocking. Right after I killed you. At the time there were 4 admins on. Not everyone plays their main character all the time. Also, the autoblock hack has never been used as much as some people would like to believe.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #248 on: January 28, 2012, 06:47:43 am »
+1
hehe.. Autblocking hacks!

Actually the intensity of rageball have bettered my combat skills. I surprise myself with moves I didn't think possible before. After some seemingly impossible blocks I think to myself that this must look an awful lot like autoblock xD

To assure you Applesauce, I have never ever had suspicions of autoblock against a foe. Since I've seen the lists in previous autoblock bans I know I must have met some, but they didn't do enough of an impression. I do believe no really skilled players uses it. Blocking is only a small part of infantry combat.

And just for everyones information. Autoblockers DO get detected and banned mostly permanently in any case. Don't use it, or loose your char and key.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 06:49:11 am by Thomek »

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • dear god I hate throwers
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
  • Faction: Dracul, RUFF RYDERS
  • Game nicks: Dracul_AppleSauce_FieldBauss | Wiff Khalifa | U_Having_A_Giggle_M8
« Reply #249 on: January 28, 2012, 09:05:39 am »

Actually the intensity of rageball have bettered my combat skills. I surprise myself with moves I didn't think possible before. After some seemingly impossible blocks I think to myself that this must look an awful lot like autoblock xD

To assure you Applesauce, I have never ever had suspicions of autoblock against a foe. Since I've seen the lists in previous autoblock bans I know I must have met some, but they didn't do enough of an impression. I do believe no really skilled players uses it. Blocking is only a small part of infantry combat.

And just for everyones information. Autoblockers DO get detected and banned mostly permanently in any case. Don't use it, or loose your char and key.

Think this was meant for someone else, I didn't say anything about autoblocking. Lol.
I'm rock, nerf paper, scissors is fine. Welcome to c-RPG.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #250 on: January 28, 2012, 04:59:29 pm »

I totally recognize myself in what you wrote there. I've become a WAY better fighter in rageball than what I normally was. I just came back after a month without a PC and found myself doing better in rageball than I've ever done in cRPG before. It really made me much more skillfull. Of course, the fact that I now have a GOOD computer and don't get my random 3-10 second freezes anymore probably helps, but still; Rageball made me do some really sick moves!

Also I remember fighting you last night in Rageball and your blocking kinda surprised me. More than once I thought I would get a hit in on you but you blocked exactly at the last possible moment. I was a bit "wtf" a couple of times, but figured out an admin (and a good one) wouldn't cheat in any way and considering I myself blocked and fought much better there it was really just nice to see the improved skill of all of us :D
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Loar Avel

• Knight
  • Renown: 58
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Pecores_Lady_Marlyse
« Reply #251 on: January 28, 2012, 08:01:25 pm »

Really? A lot of people on rageball are less afraid of death (since they will respawn in 6s) and make less parry than in the other gametype. In fact I've seen much more spam  in rageball than in the usual battle.

Well, a lot of people are also discovering the not forgetfull gameplay of an agiwhore, but...
The world is split in two categorie.
The one digging, and the one with the loaded crossbow.

But never forget that the one digging, got a big shovel.

Offline Elmetiacos

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
  • You've probably teamkilled me
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hot_Chick_with_a_Sword, Dark_Rose_Knight
« Reply #252 on: January 29, 2012, 01:19:43 am »
I remember you complaining about autoblocking. Right after I killed you. At the time there were 4 admins on. Not everyone plays their main character all the time. Also, the autoblock hack has never been used as much as some people would like to believe.
Lots of people joke about autoblocking or aimbotting when they die, but I have seen some weird stuff like people blocking attacks they couldn't have seen. I remember suggesting that there was an autoblock cheat in use last April and being assured I was wrong and/or called a conspiracy theorist.
The word is "anyway" not "anyways". You are not Gabby Hayes.

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #253 on: January 29, 2012, 01:22:34 am »
+1
There is an autoblock cheat. All who use it get banned every time there's a ban wave.

Offline Diablo

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 29, 2012, 01:48:01 am »
+1
I have a request, it's a little specific and probably won't ever help anyone but me, but I'm colorblind, and I can't tell the goals apart for the life of me. Sometimes all my teammates all run one way and I can assume that's the way to go or just pass to them. But oftentimes, I'll have teammates running different directions and that's when I am clueless and often get yelled at for running the wrong way or passing wrong way. And even when I tell people my reason for this, usually they understand, but still, I just lost my multiplier. ):

Summary: white and black goals maybe?

I agree.
I am not personally affected by this problem, but I understand the difficulty that some players may encounter.

The problem of being color blind is already penalized in real life ...
I am convinced that the modders can change the colors (green vs red) and make them compatible without difficulty.
(blue vs red works very well for example ...)

Thank you for taking this request concidération.
it would be a remarkable gesture of compassion.