Author Topic: Version 0.260  (Read 57493 times)

Offline justjr

• Knight
  • Renown: 37
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • I AM THE DRAGON KNIGHT
    • View Profile
    • Just Imports
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: (former Justus_Caesar) Windrunner_of_Chaos, Dragon_Knight_, Justino, cRazY_jusTT_of_Choad
  • IRC nick: Just
Re: Version 0.260
« Reply #375 on: January 18, 2012, 06:06:07 pm »
Only one thing, if an arrows can't kill anybody (assuming it passed through the protection) I don't ever want to hear about realism on this game ok? Thank you.

Offline Warni

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: January 18, 2012, 06:09:52 pm »
everybody cryes on archery but look on xbow ..kill peasant with arbalest  2 bolts ??? ...where are we ? :/ ..now its much more difficult to fight against archery when u need to hit them 3 times or more..they will not give u chance to reload, it was fair balance between  damage advantage of one acurate shot and speed of reloading..but now...i think x bows should be as they was. Build for profesional medieval snipers ..

Exactly! Everyobody Listen to this man!
It takes a looooooong time to loom an arbalest AND the bolts. The only advantage the arbalest has is the high damage it does. (It is very slow to reload, it takes 2 slots, high upkeep). Now it will take multiple shots to kill even medium armoured players and horses. Except you don't get 2 shots because of the time it takes to reload.

Going for headshots as and alternative is not a realistic option (except for the odd stationary idiot, but most players have more sense than that by now).

Damage-wise the game was fine in my opinion. Probably it was a good idea to kill the roof camping option, it was much abused.

Offline Warni

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: January 18, 2012, 06:24:09 pm »
+2
It is totally retarded as it makes things like arbalest and longbow, made for high damage and longrange shots, totally useless. Tell me how I shall precisely hit the head when I shoot over long distance??  And no, I consider long distance as really long, not the 20 meters most people are always talking about. I mean long when the person I aim at is smaller than my reticule

Exactly right. Unnerf Arbalests!

Offline Silveredge

• Count
  • Renown: 190
  • Infamy: 41
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Silveredge
« Reply #378 on: January 18, 2012, 07:01:09 pm »
From my post in the game balance section.

Actually, the best thing that could ever happen is if they took out the Rain Effect.  Or NOT EVEN the whole effect just the Drastic change to the arc of the shot from a crossbow.  You can keep your rain damage nerf. 

I can adjust my shots pretty well, but since you can't be sure if it's raining or not sometimes, it gets really annoying when I have to change my play constantly for the first few shots of every other map(Even when it's not raining visually, you realize really fast that it is when your shot goes awry).  Especially when every shot is so critical for crossbowers when you have to take so long to reload.  Having a reload interrupted is devastating to a crossbower.  The average xbowman does not realize that utilizing every second of the round is key.  Getting off as many shots as you can before they close the gap is everything.  It changes it from a guaranteed death from being swamped by too many players to giving yourself a chance with eliminating 1 or 2 out of the 6 coming at you, before being forced into melee.

I don't see the game messing with any melee/cav swing/thrust speed/arc each map change.  You have that group of players getting more and more solid with their play because it remains constant.  If the stupid missile speed/arc effect was removed I would finally be 100% happy with playing my class even with the damage nerfs.  Then I could concentrate on improving my play like every other non-crossbow player in this game.

Offline Jeade

• Duke
  • Renown: 569
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
  • Well Caleb's a liar.
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
  • Game nicks: MAGA_Jeade, Gregory_McFin, Frat_Lion
  • IRC nick: Jeade
« Reply #379 on: January 18, 2012, 07:44:44 pm »
+1
As an archer, I feel I have the right to bitch about the nerf in body shot damage (although, I'm almost at 9PD with a longbow and bodkins; pretty sure I'm still hitting decently hard), and it's generally never a good idea to aim strictly for the head. I think the nerf was unnecessary. I'm sure a good majority would agree. But to continue with my point, as much as I hate Pigeonteeth and every other goddamn arbalest player in this game, for Christ's sake, give them some love. I should not be able to take two steel bolts in the chest with 0IF and leather armor. It's absolutely crazy.
Someone already mentioned that most players are aware enough to intelligently juke around and keep away from an arbalest, but without the high damage, the reload speed and high upkeep makes them look pretty sad. Throw ping into the mix and I'd hate to be an arbalest user even more.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Warni

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: January 18, 2012, 08:04:23 pm »
As an archer, I feel I have the right to bitch about the nerf in body shot damage (although, I'm almost at 9PD with a longbow and bodkins; pretty sure I'm still hitting decently hard), and it's generally never a good idea to aim strictly for the head. I think the nerf was unnecessary. I'm sure a good majority would agree. But to continue with my point, as much as I hate Pigeonteeth and every other goddamn arbalest player in this game, for Christ's sake, give them some love. I should not be able to take two steel bolts in the chest with 0IF and leather armor. It's absolutely crazy.
Someone already mentioned that most players are aware enough to intelligently juke around and keep away from an arbalest, but without the high damage, the reload speed and high upkeep makes them look pretty sad. Throw ping into the mix and I'd hate to be an arbalest user even more.

Thanks for your support and honesty with this Jeade.
I'll still waste you though.. as soon as they fix this.
Archer scum.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #381 on: January 18, 2012, 08:11:29 pm »
The patch is ok FOR ARCHERS, throwers are mayorly skrewed as it takes two throwing lances to kill an average archer, you get one of these per slot... it takes four hits to kill a fullstrength guy in slightly above medium armor, and there is no chance in hell of throwing being able to headshot.
We don't get a tiny crosshair thingy like archers, infact with 0 xbow wpf I can aim better with one than with my 110 wpf thrower, it is simply not possible to make headshots with throwing without it being 100% luck, therefor this nerf really just breaks our class 100%... I hear xbows got it bad aswell, and HA's are almost as bad as throwers, 'cept we thrower deal more damage... seriously fix this shit.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Tore

• Item Manager
  • Renown: 882
  • Infamy: 329
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: January 18, 2012, 08:33:24 pm »

Offline H4rdn3ssKill3r

• Baron
  • Renown: 107
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
  • Crummy Wizard
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: naaaaaaaaaah
« Reply #383 on: January 18, 2012, 08:37:14 pm »
f8uasdlöadk blablablababa lbalba
^ Analogy of discussions on forums.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #384 on: January 18, 2012, 08:38:50 pm »
1 throwing lance takes 80 % of my health in lordly rus lamellar cuirass and lordly lamellar gauntlets, so its fine.
Must've been before patch, a full strength build, without loomed armor, with a kuyak, could take all four lances in the chest before he fell dead... it isn't fine.
EDIT: Since I'm the only one who uses these anyway and I don't recall throwing one at you recently I'm assuming it was before the patch... or that the 2% chance that you met another throwing lancer than me is true... what is it? Also was this a rare 1% occurance that was a headshot?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 08:41:26 pm by Zlisch_The_Butcher »
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #385 on: January 18, 2012, 08:39:21 pm »
AI is still buying junk. It's buying even more crappier stuff.
Before this patch we at least had shortened scythes or War Axes, now the castles and towns have axes and practice longsword. <.<
And Khyber Knifes for 1h, staffs for polearm, short bows for archers.

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #386 on: January 18, 2012, 08:45:56 pm »
+2
The head shot thing... For the Arbalest/heavy crossbows. Was completely retarded, No matter who it was They were gonna die prepatch  if i shot their face with my arbalest... (Allers is an exception) After the Patch Thanks for allowing me to do enough damage to kill the same person 3 times over.... Really Fix my weapon please

2 shots for peasants,
3 or 4 for light armor'd
5 or so for medium armor
6-7 for heavier armors.... come on now i only got 13 bolts...

anything in under 25 armor should be 1 shot, 26-40 should be 2 shot (like it was be4 patch)  41-60 should be 3 shots and allers in all his glory should go back to being able to take 4-5 arbalest shots instead of 10   :rolleyes:

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #387 on: January 18, 2012, 09:16:11 pm »
Stop whining about lower arb. dmg it was annoying to get fucking 1 shot by an arb in the body area, a lethal headshot is more than enough
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Imapanda

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: January 18, 2012, 09:23:14 pm »
Any way to fix the female voice-over commands? :(

Someone answer this please. Voice-overs are broken for me.

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #389 on: January 18, 2012, 09:54:23 pm »
+1
Stop whining about lower arb. dmg it was annoying to get fucking 1 shot by an arb in the body area, a lethal headshot is more than enough

Why do i have to be a head shot hero? So unrealistic That if i want a Kill i have to aim for the head... bs and if you invested in some heavier... armor... then Maybe i couldnt 1 shot you like you can me in melee.  :rolleyes:

I don't Complain about How OP heavy cav and 2 hand'er are But they whine and bitch about my weapon