Poll

Xbowers to go back to what they were?

yes
no

Author Topic: Crossbows damage  (Read 3448 times)

Offline Oggrinsky

• Knight
  • Renown: 61
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sons of Zardoz
  • Game nicks: Tzadik_Oggrinsky, Ghazi_Suleiman, MissOggynistic
Re: Crossbows damage
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2012, 04:47:10 am »
It's not really all that bad... I'd be much happier if damage was kept the same but they brought back the old Xbow accuracy.

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2012, 04:56:14 am »
blank
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 04:57:30 am by Turkhammer »

Offline Silveredge

• Count
  • Renown: 190
  • Infamy: 41
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Silveredge
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2012, 05:19:51 am »
+1
I would suggest making crossbows reload faster to even out the damage nerf.

Offline Oggrinsky

• Knight
  • Renown: 61
  • Infamy: 10
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sons of Zardoz
  • Game nicks: Tzadik_Oggrinsky, Ghazi_Suleiman, MissOggynistic
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2012, 05:36:01 am »
I would suggest making crossbows reload faster to even out the damage nerf.

This too, especially with the removal of ladders.

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2012, 11:01:40 am »
+1
I don't know about you People but I have 160 wpf in my Masterwork Arbalest.  and only a tiny 60 wpf in 1 hand'er

I really Enjoy playing as a Arbalest user... Id be okay with Weakening  the Lighter crossbows... making them less ACC less missle speed less reload time though.

As for the Arbalest it was fine and fun be4 the patch screwed it up

I think after the patch i could do more damage with Rocks.

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2012, 01:10:20 pm »
PLS don't give a shit about aim for head, its really hard, Xbow clas i killed now with my MW bolts and xbow i cant one hit anythin.
Yea  you think then i want one hut everything??? NO i want be abel to kill pesants and archers with shot, archers never give me 2nd chance to relode on open field. Anyway some archers was abel to survive shot. ther is so many shit with crossbows now.... i am really sad because of that
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 01:11:23 pm by Rebelyell »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline bredeus

• Earl
  • Renown: 392
  • Infamy: 85
  • there must be Peace
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templars since 1096 AD
  • Game nicks: Templar_Brede
  • IRC nick: Brede
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2012, 01:22:11 pm »
Rebell just aim for head...

Offline AvengerC47

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Guerra, guerra nunca cambia
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
  • Game nicks: c47
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2012, 01:36:57 pm »
+1
Arbalest is still good

but only agianst heavy horses when shooting in head
it does more dmg than any other ranged wep and... has one shot, u can't dodge the unkilled horse or ppl and then shoot again

i remember the time when reloading was much slower but dmg was like xbow dmg, not like bows

now, i need mostly 3 (THREE) shots to kill player (not wounded by anyone) with MW Arbalest + MW Steel Bolts

I was always killing the half with mace or 1h, now its 2/3 or more

Xbow needs faster bolts too, they are flying like turtles throwed by cathapult
Guerra, guerra nunca cambia

Sorry for my bad english :d

Offline Tavuk_Bey

• Earl
  • Renown: 409
  • Infamy: 233
  • cRPG Player
  • herrroo, my näym iz bokkkseee änd i'm fukken ugry
    • View Profile
  • Faction: bashibazouk, the official jihad clan
  • Game nicks: tavuk
  • IRC nick: Minister of Shitstorm
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2012, 02:19:28 pm »
+1
Buff only 2 slots xbows (heavy and arbalest), not the 1 slot u can pull out of ur arse and keep a danish or bec or wtv to duel, my opinion...

+1

i'm dedicated arbalester and i only have long dagger for melee fight. good to see that shitty 2h & crossbow spammer hybrids noobs are no longer effective with the patch. but this nerf also ruined dedicated arbalesters & heavy crossbowmen.

by using mw arbalest, you sacrifice 10 secs of reloading time and also around 1500 gold each round, in return, you deal high amounts of piercing damage. now it's totally fucked up. especially when it rains *it always rains in fucking calradia*, your mw arbalest & mw steel bolts are useless, even the people in shitty linen clothes can survive at least 2 shots, some of them survives headshots as well, which means you are fucked in skirmish against monkey archers.

i understand if devs want to prevent one shot kills. so, what i suggest is, keep the damage nerf but decrease the reloading time of arbalest by 2 secs or decrease the repair cost, or remove the negative effects of goddamn rain.

roast and roast again until lambs become kebab

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2012, 04:00:07 pm »
This nerf is just a complete fail by the devs to actually identify the problems and come up with simple solutions that do not have wide ranging repercussions.

The main problem with all ranged was that they could escape their natural counter - Cav - by hiding on any roof.  This has now been fixed so I congratulate the Devs on that, however to me this is such a massive change to the fundamentals of cRPG, that it should have been done on its own and the repercussions fully tested before doing any further balancing

The next problem with ranged was the fact that the best bows were no longer the most expensive since the piercing change.  Horn Bow + Bodkins doing 24p is better than Long Bow + Tatar Arrows doing 35c yet the Horn Bow option is cheaper.  I say better because you are not only doing piercing damage instead of cut, but you are also firing faster and can carry either an extra quiver or a decent melee weapon.  The simple solution to this would be to make the 1 slot bows 30% more expensive, which would place the Horn Bow at around the same price as the Rus Bow.  This would remove the Horn Bow as the obvious choice for virtually all archers adding variety to the game, whilst also nerfing the number of bodkins in the game rather than their damage.

The final problem with ranged was the xbow as a side arm issue.   The simple solution here would have been to make all xbows 2 slots.  The only people that would complain about this are the Horse Xbowers, who should not exist imo, and the xbow sidearm users.  Dedicated Arbalasters would not have been nerfed so much that they are only barely a viable class these days.

The only people that Crossbowers and Archers 1 body-shotted in the past, were low level peasants and high agility/low armour wearing ninjas.  The peasants get 1 hit killed by everything so why is that unfair? and the ninjas chose their builds to sacrifice armour/HPs for speed.  Hitting them when they were aware was and still is very difficult and if you miss with your Arbalest then you don't get another chance.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 04:02:12 pm by Tomas »

Offline Silveredge

• Count
  • Renown: 190
  • Infamy: 41
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Silveredge
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2012, 06:41:37 pm »
+1
Actually, the best thing that could ever happen is if they took out the Rain Effect.  Or NOT EVEN the whole effect just the Drastic change to the arc of the shot from a crossbow.  You can keep your rain damage nerf. 

I can adjust my shots pretty well, but since you can't be sure if it's raining or not sometimes, it gets really annoying when I have to change my play constantly for the first few shots of every other map(Even when it's not raining visually, you realize really fast that it is when your shot goes awry).  Especially when every shot is so critical for crossbowers when you have to take so long to reload.  Having a reload interrupted is devastating to a crossbower.  The average xbowman does not realize that utilizing every second of the round is key.  Getting off as many shots as you can before they close the gap is everything.  It changes it from a guaranteed death from being swamped by too many players to giving yourself a chance with eliminating 1 or 2 out of the 6 coming at you, before being forced into melee.

I don't see the game messing with any melee/cav swing/thrust speed/arc each map change.  You have that group of players getting more and more solid with their play because it remains constant.  If the stupid missile speed/arc effect was removed I would finally be 100% happy with playing my class even with the damage nerfs.  Then I could concentrate on improving my play like every other non-crossbow player in this game.

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2012, 09:14:07 pm »
+2
I just don't see Why The crossbow users have to be Head shot hero's I say Keep the arch Undo the Damage nerf completely keep the reload speed Everything for Heavier Tier xbows were fine be4 patch
after the Patch I can effectively kill more With my Tiny mace thing then i can with my Main weapon

When fighting other Arbalest users and Archers with High PD, i laugh when they hit me... i have 0 ironflesh, and around total of 30 armor or so, arbalest takes 1/4 of my health and High pd archers take about 1/6 completely bs for all ranged units Undo the Nerf patch and keep ladders out

They should make were the 2 handed crossbowmen not Possible, Best Choice would be to make 2 handed weapons such as Dadao or danish great sword 3 slots. I mean do you really need the other slot? you cant use ladders anymore, You shouldnt be using xbows with 1 wpf. same goes for polearms i dont really think they would care to much how offend do you see a pole arm/2 hand'er pull out a back up weapon that is 2 slots?  :rolleyes:

Offline LastKaze

• Baron
  • Renown: 126
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: LastKaze
  • IRC nick: LastKaze
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2012, 11:26:36 pm »
I just don't see Why The crossbow users have to be Head shot hero's I say Keep the arch Undo the Damage nerf completely keep the reload speed Everything for Heavier Tier xbows were fine be4 patch
after the Patch I can effectively kill more With my Tiny mace thing then i can with my Main weapon

When fighting other Arbalest users and Archers with High PD, i laugh when they hit me... i have 0 ironflesh, and around total of 30 armor or so, arbalest takes 1/4 of my health and High pd archers take about 1/6 completely bs for all ranged units Undo the Nerf patch and keep ladders out

They should make were the 2 handed crossbowmen not Possible, Best Choice would be to make 2 handed weapons such as Dadao or danish great sword 3 slots. I mean do you really need the other slot? you cant use ladders anymore, You shouldnt be using xbows with 1 wpf. same goes for polearms i dont really think they would care to much how offend do you see a pole arm/2 hand'er pull out a back up weapon that is 2 slots?  :rolleyes:
Agreed, make top tier 2handed weapons 3 slots so that less 2handers will use low tier xbows as "sidearms". Though I am very disappointed in the devs picking on range every patch, I did not mind them taking ladders out of battle, but taking ladders out of siege is just insane.

Offline Tavuk_Bey

• Earl
  • Renown: 409
  • Infamy: 233
  • cRPG Player
  • herrroo, my näym iz bokkkseee änd i'm fukken ugry
    • View Profile
  • Faction: bashibazouk, the official jihad clan
  • Game nicks: tavuk
  • IRC nick: Minister of Shitstorm
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2012, 12:20:53 am »

lol same goes for me too, i got most of my kills with my plastic long dagger. today i hit random_dude 3 times in the head with mw arbalest & mw steel bolts and he was still alive before taking 4th shot in the chest.. bullshit..

roast and roast again until lambs become kebab

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2012, 12:58:50 am »
+1
ya another Patch just came out, Nothing about fixing the problems with ranged weapons everything in the patch was for Rage ball xD Btw it is a fun game mode just dont bring your archer/xbow ppl regain health