Poll

Do we need immediate changes regarding the amount of ranged and cavalry in cRPG ?

Yes
76 (21.2%)
No
86 (24%)
Yes,but only for ranged
67 (18.7%)
Yes, but only for cavalry
20 (5.6%)
No, just remove the roofcamping
109 (30.4%)

Total Members Voted: 357

Voting closed: January 30, 2012, 01:23:06 am

Author Topic: The state of cRPG  (Read 25308 times)

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
Re: The state of cRPG
« Reply #195 on: January 11, 2012, 03:41:35 pm »
As I understood your suggestion Joker, you want to reduce xp on ranged for example, now you say something about giving a bonus to other classes.
There is a difference in that^.^

But still, this thread became as I said at the beginning. People here coming with the oddest ideas about archernerfs etc etc.

What should be done at first hand is find something about the roofcamping problem. Either take ladders out of battle or make ladders fixed or make people slip off roofs or reduce accuray when on a roof or whatever. If these things don't reduce the amount of ranged after a while, you can still think about other nerfs.
i think the number of ranged will lower when their roofs aren't as safe anymore as now.

Btw Joker, playing an archer in a singleplayer game is nothing compared to a multiplayer....I could also tell you to go play melee in Oblivion or other roleplay games^.^

« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 03:44:22 pm by Gisbert_of_Thuringia »

Offline Lorenzo_of_Iberia

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Peloponnesian League
  • Game nicks: Lorenzo_of_Numidia , PL_Hoplitai_Lorenzo
« Reply #196 on: January 11, 2012, 03:44:46 pm »
+1
Archers dont need a nerf, they just need to get off the roofs which devs have seem to made a move to :)
Your local Jav Cav

Looking for like Minded Hoplites? Look no further - http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,22631.0.html

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #197 on: January 11, 2012, 03:46:58 pm »
Well, I guess the only other solution to again buff the popularity of infantry that much to exceed this of archery would be something, that would shock and enrage most of infantry players, and kill a good part of the game. But it would be the only "alternative" I could think of, so there is little else to do than to nerf the other classes down so that they have the same "crappy" gameplay like infantry.

One way to make infantry more popular than archery for a lot of people who choose to become archer, would be...

... INTRODUCE AUTOBLOCKING ON THE SERVERS

:mrgreen:  :P

I guess a big part of the motivation (= for many people) of being an archer is not having to learn to block manually.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Arrowblood

• Duke
  • Renown: 508
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Arrowblood
« Reply #198 on: January 11, 2012, 03:48:32 pm »
bah

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #199 on: January 11, 2012, 03:50:03 pm »
+1

Just leave.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #200 on: January 11, 2012, 03:52:23 pm »
@ Thovex:

Why so serious?

Notice the 2 smileys after that.

It's not serious.

He's the JOKER, damnit.  :mrgreen:

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 11, 2012, 03:52:54 pm »
+1
I think that actually that would make infantry even weaker than it is now, and archery even more attractive. You can't block projectiles.

What we really need is projectile chamberblocking. Not realistic, although you could say it's realistic if incredibly hard.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 11, 2012, 03:55:47 pm »
@ Thovex:

Why so serious?

Notice the 2 smileys after that.

It's not serious.

He's the JOKER, damnit.  :mrgreen:

Not funny though

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #203 on: January 11, 2012, 03:57:04 pm »
Well, no one said that.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 11, 2012, 03:59:19 pm »
+1
Lets see how things go when the ladders go, think I'm fine with ranged without roofcamping.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #205 on: January 11, 2012, 03:59:36 pm »
It's funny how people are shocked.

But I understand it, if we had automatic blocking I would leave cRPG. Not a DaveUKR-leave, a REAL leave.

I think that actually that would make infantry even weaker than it is now, and archery even more attractive. You can't block projectiles.

Well, you can't block projectiles manually, either. So no change there. But if you liked to swing a two handed sword or axe, but you always get raped in melee and thus decide to shoot from distance (and I bet many archers made this experience), automatic blocking could bring you back.

Shooting pointy sticks into people is fun, but chopping them to parts with big, sharp metal things is even more fun.  :wink:
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Raven_Joy

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 11, 2012, 04:29:49 pm »
Don't want to read the whole thread now.

Funny to see how many people here blame archers for placing ladders (ever seen an archer placing a ladder? I doubt it due to slot system) or for shitty autobalance like all cav and archers being on one team (I still don't know how to manipulate autobalance, maybe all the pros here can tell me :rolleyes: )

Info for all the melee guys out there: It is you who bring ladders for archers. Don't bring ladders = noone on roof   *shock*

Btw, so many people here have a problem when I say this is not a melee game. By that I mean it is not a pure melee game. Maybe you want to argue on that, but why did developers of this game implement ranged weapons and horses? Hhhmm....weird.....and why did our crpg devs keep these weapons? Hhmm....even more weird. Oh hey, probably because it is not a pure melee game *slap on my forehead*

:rolleyes:

Oh come on, do you guys really think, that it will ever happen, that people stop playing melee classes?
Rubbish.

And why do you think it's only you having probs with other classes?
I also have to live with all the cav and ranged. Might happen, that I sometimes GTX a server due to massive cav on the server. Well, join another one.
Why do some people have such bigs problems, whereas others can easily adapt?

Completely agreed ^^^

Btw, infantry could keep ladders to use them in advanced stages of the battles in order to get roofs + ladders could be stronger, so infantry would have more time/chance to get roofs. 

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #207 on: January 11, 2012, 04:33:08 pm »
We need some input from the guys who may be crap in melee and went ranged.

If we know for sure the reasons why they go ranged then we can find a solution based on that.

Im not convinced that plenty of guys just switched to ranged when they are owned in melee.

If I can take the time to go to duel servers/fight training bots etc then Im sure other ppl do too (im pretty lazy when it comes to things like that)

One comment is that ranged is fun.

I think that as the tide of played crpg characters turns into more 1h that ranged might decrease, and I dont think archery needs a nerf except to make sure they dont get some kind of dbl dmg from looms (bow + arrows giving xtra dmg).
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 04:36:35 pm by RandomDude »

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #208 on: January 11, 2012, 04:38:51 pm »
+1
Ironically there are far more 'melee' players than there are 'ranged' characters by a wide margin.  I die and have always died far more often from melee than I ever have from ranged.  I have always taken more damage from melee (or cavalry melee) than I ever have taken from ranged.

There is already the duel server for people who want a fair fight, and some servers have melee only.  I'm surprised how few people notice how stale a melee-only server becomes after awhile, and how bland things get since it turns into one massive melee pile every single meaningless map. Maybe people haven't played them enough to realize what the threat of ranged does to enrich the cRPG experience.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #209 on: January 11, 2012, 05:25:33 pm »
Well, I guess the only other solution to again buff the popularity of infantry that much to exceed this of archery would be something, that would shock and enrage most of infantry players, and kill a good part of the game. But it would be the only "alternative" I could think of, so there is little else to do than to nerf the other classes down so that they have the same "crappy" gameplay like infantry.

One way to make infantry more popular than archery for a lot of people who choose to become archer, would be...

:mrgreen:  :P

I guess a big part of the motivation (= for many people) of being an archer is not having to learn to block manually.

Well, actually as an archer you have to learn how to block. You have to survive until a teammate comes and helps you ;)  If you can't block you will die fast  ;)

Still, smirked about your suggestion :D