Poll

Do we need immediate changes regarding the amount of ranged and cavalry in cRPG ?

Yes
76 (21.2%)
No
86 (24%)
Yes,but only for ranged
67 (18.7%)
Yes, but only for cavalry
20 (5.6%)
No, just remove the roofcamping
109 (30.4%)

Total Members Voted: 357

Voting closed: January 30, 2012, 01:23:06 am

Author Topic: The state of cRPG  (Read 25293 times)

Offline BerG

• Baron
  • Renown: 95
  • Infamy: 66
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusader Aliance
  • Game nicks: SB_BerG
Re: The state of cRPG
« Reply #180 on: January 11, 2012, 02:08:42 pm »
Nope ima shielder now and I always was.

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #181 on: January 11, 2012, 02:23:15 pm »
We (almost) all here in this topic agree that there needs to be done something about the amount of ranged. Which means you have to demotivate people to choose a ranged class. Which can always be called as "punishment". If archer is really your favourite class, you will still stick to it. But if you are just an "OP whore", looking for the currently strongest/most "efficient" (effort/result) class, this could change your mind.

I've always been archer on my main cause I liked it most.
And reducing the xp a certain class gains will more or less just kill the fun even for those who play archery cause they like it. Why shall I wait twice as long than other players till I reach lvl 34?

And I still don't get why every retard in this forums seems to think, that people play archer because it shall be the easiest of strongest class or whatever.
Does it over come to your mind, that people play archer cause being an archer is fun?
It looks wonderful to see a person falling to the ground, an arrow sticking out of his back....has nothing to do with overpowered whatever shit.
M&B, especially crpg is the best game I know concerning archery

Offline Trikipum

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 11, 2012, 02:37:00 pm »
Yeah. Fuck archers.

(click to show/hide)

Also, fuck horses.

(click to show/hide)
but then also add that those horses are like twice as fast and like 3x more maneurable even at level 0 Riding....indeed a plate charger turns kinda like a arabian horse in that mod :).
"if you can't handle waiting a few minutes now and then, this game is not for you"

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 11, 2012, 02:46:41 pm »
I've always been archer on my main cause I liked it most.
And reducing the xp a certain class gains will more or less just kill the fun even for those who play archery cause they like it. Why shall I wait twice as long than other players till I reach lvl 34?

And I still don't get why every retard in this forums seems to think, that people play archer because it shall be the easiest of strongest class or whatever.
Does it over come to your mind, that people play archer cause being an archer is fun?
It looks wonderful to see a person falling to the ground, an arrow sticking out of his back....has nothing to do with overpowered whatever shit.
M&B, especially crpg is the best game I know concerning archery
The problem is too much people think the same. Devs and everyone would like to prevent this becoming an archer only game. Too not kill all the other classes, archers must not be a too large percentage of the players. As archery is very popular, it should be made less attractive to prevent overarchery. Thats why its an individually pretty weak class.

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #184 on: January 11, 2012, 02:47:52 pm »
Don't want to read the whole thread now.

Funny to see how many people here blame archers for placing ladders (ever seen an archer placing a ladder? I doubt it due to slot system) or for shitty autobalance like all cav and archers being on one team (I still don't know how to manipulate autobalance, maybe all the pros here can tell me :rolleyes: )

Info for all the melee guys out there: It is you who bring ladders for archers. Don't bring ladders = noone on roof   *shock*

Btw, so many people here have a problem when I say this is not a melee game. By that I mean it is not a pure melee game. Maybe you want to argue on that, but why did developers of this game implement ranged weapons and horses? Hhhmm....weird.....and why did our crpg devs keep these weapons? Hhmm....even more weird. Oh hey, probably because it is not a pure melee game *slap on my forehead*

:rolleyes:

The problem is too much people think the same. Devs and everyone would like to prevent this becoming an archer only game. Too not kill all the other classes, archers must not be a too large percentage of the players. As archery is very popular, it should be made less attractive to prevent overarchery. Thats why its an individually pretty weak class.
Oh come on, do you guys really think, that it will ever happen, that people stop playing melee classes?
Rubbish.

And why do you think it's only you having probs with other classes?
I also have to live with all the cav and ranged. Might happen, that I sometimes GTX a server due to massive cav on the server. Well, join another one.
Why do some people have such bigs problems, whereas others can easily adapt?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 02:49:56 pm by Gisbert_of_Thuringia »

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 11, 2012, 02:49:45 pm »
It's still a melee game.

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 11, 2012, 02:50:31 pm »
It's still a melee game.

Your opinion, not mine ;)

Many people say it's a pure melee game, many say it's not. Do you know who is right?

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #187 on: January 11, 2012, 02:53:04 pm »
It's not a melee only game, but it's with the melee combat Warband excelled. They really made it something special.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 02:55:01 pm by Gurnisson »
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 11, 2012, 02:54:10 pm »
Your opinion, not mine ;)

Many people say it's a pure melee game, many say it's not. Do you know who is right?

It's a melee game with ranged feature.
For example Jedi Outcast/Academy (good melee combat system as well) can be played either with weapons (ranged) or lightsabers (melee) or both, but it's still a melee game and pretty much every server is running lightsaber only combat.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 02:56:43 pm by Vibe »

Offline Arrowblood

• Duke
  • Renown: 508
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Arrowblood
« Reply #189 on: January 11, 2012, 03:02:07 pm »
just make archery playable from gen 6-7 upwards and problems are solved

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 11, 2012, 03:03:16 pm »
I still think the best solution to this is giving archer more melee power and taking away some of their ranged power.

Offline Arrowblood

• Duke
  • Renown: 508
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Arrowblood
« Reply #191 on: January 11, 2012, 03:11:36 pm »
ye kill it finally and let all good archers GTX from crpg cos of tons  of whining.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 03:12:49 pm by Deutschritter »

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #192 on: January 11, 2012, 03:26:21 pm »
I feel like siege is converging toward only 3 types of characters (I only play siege, so I have no idea what's happening on battle):

1. Archers
2. Shielders
3. Maulers

Pure rock->paper->scissors. There are still lots of non-mauler 2Hers, but they are in decline. 

Personally, I think the problem with archers is their mobility. Melee characters should have to defend their archers for them to be effective, but right now the archers can just run away from any danger.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #193 on: January 11, 2012, 03:32:27 pm »
You know, there is archery in other games, too. Morrowind + Oblivion + Skyrim, Age of Chivalry, and so on. With physics not worse than in WB. But I don't know a single game where damge is determined by the speed of which the hitboxes connect.

I dare to say that latter was the basic idea of the game, and archery was only added because it somehow belonged to the theme and age, but the developers didn't say "Hey! Let's make a game about archery!"... I even dare to say they didn't say "Hey, let's make a game about melee and archery!". it was rather "Hey, let's make a game about melee. Both on foot and from horseback. Complete with striking yourself by the mouse and parrying and so on. Or having a shield. And with lancing and things like that. Oh and archery."

Even the FAQ on the homepage only mentions melee:

Best your foes with realistic physics based combat, that takes into account momentum, attack timing, and position.

Don't tell me they are meaning archery with this.

That's why I think archery has only to play a side role in this game, it's a niche weapon. In my eyes playing archer in M&B is like using the M60 machine gun in Hitman: you can do this, but it's not what the game was meant for really.

It's not like you are not allowed to play archer, but any special demands over melee (which, btw., is definitely more difficult to master, no arguing about it, just take a look at the amount of input signals (keys, mouseclicks) you need for ranged fighting and for melee) should be ignored.

This is MY opinion. OPINION.

And yes, the idea behind my suggestion is to lower the fun for most archers. Because then only the most dedicated will stay, which is what I am aiming for. (No wordplay intended  :? ).

The alternative would be further nerfing their effectivity, which would hurt you definitely more.

And, btw., my suggestion didn't involve removing the current XP and gold ticks. As I said, it was more of a small bonus. The actual numbers of XP can be negotiated at any time, but I think a mechanism that encourages an equal distribution of classes is something good.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #194 on: January 11, 2012, 03:34:46 pm »
Just visit the melee only server peoples :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login