Poll

I can't get no Map-isfaction..!

I'm satisfied with the current selection of maps
I'm moderately satisfied with the current selection of maps
I 'm not satisfied with the current selection of maps and I wish to make my voice heard in this thread!
Maps are horrible, add more maps that cater to my class!
Maps are horrible, I hate you

Author Topic: [Feedback] Maps on official servers  (Read 44422 times)

Offline Dalhi

• Earl
  • Renown: 415
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dalhi
Re: [Feedback] Maps on official servers
« Reply #270 on: April 24, 2012, 03:33:43 pm »
I bet all cav plain maps will get downvoted and all infantry map will get upvoted  8-)

Depends, I prefer to play on open maps, mostly becouse of performance issues on city maps, or the one spammed with scene props, also gameplay on few maps made on a plan of circle only show us how dumb we are. Of course there are few open maps that I hate, including random plains, and one or two others that I can't recall its name.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #271 on: April 25, 2012, 12:17:46 am »
Yes, all the rotations are currently broken, fix inc.

ETA on fix?  If it has been done, has it been applied to NA siege?  Lost 2 multi's last nite being assigned to defense on the open field map

Thx

Offline oohillac

• Marshall
  • Renown: 724
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player
  • boys don't cry
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: April 25, 2012, 03:42:56 am »
Whatever you did to NA_1's maps today, I love it.

Tons of older maps I missed, and the 5 point limit is wonderful.

Add more into the rotation!  Many maps of decent quality > a few of "good" quality

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #273 on: April 27, 2012, 07:29:10 pm »
Jacko, why the hell is that bar map on EU_4? (if it still is, haven't played there for a while), It makes no sense for a melee only map which allows for cav and archers to spawnrape people who spawn 3 seconds later than them, the tables and shit stop cav, and the upper story is cav proof... please remove it, Zlisch commands it!!!
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #274 on: April 28, 2012, 03:15:10 pm »
+1
Honestly I don't really care what they are, we just need some new ones. The rotation is getting really stale.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #275 on: April 28, 2012, 06:17:18 pm »
Honestly I don't really care what they are, we just need some new ones. The rotation is getting really stale.
Also get rid of every castle that has just one entrance (I'm thinking of the wooden castle with the single chokepoint uphill past that fire, then you can either go right for the wall or right for the door or straight forward for the other wall), those are horribly IMBA. At least get rid of that one castle please <3
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Mustikki

• Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
« Reply #276 on: April 28, 2012, 10:51:33 pm »
Jacko, why the hell is that bar map on EU_4? (if it still is, haven't played there for a while), It makes no sense for a melee only map which allows for cav and archers to spawnrape people who spawn 3 seconds later than them, the tables and shit stop cav, and the upper story is cav proof... please remove it, Zlisch commands it!!!

Are you serious?
(click to show/hide)

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 28, 2012, 11:13:33 pm »
Are you serious?
(click to show/hide)
Damn right I'm serious, just because you made a map which only works properly on the melee only server and you're so fucking proud of it's "perfection" doesn't mean atleast one person spawning at standard time per map change has to get spawncouched, and several others spawn-shoot, your map is fucking shit with ranged and cavalry involved, it even sucks on the melee only server due to your weapons getting stuck in random tables 'n' shit everywhere. It doesn't seem like a good idea to make 50% of the map inaccessible from horseback either... Mustikki I know you think all of your maps are perfect and should be enforced upon everyone playing cRPG (including this fucking barmap and that really retarded boat map) but I however think that is bullshit... you're also one of the worst map makers around... yet to see a map and think "Yay! This is that one awesome map Mustikki made!" or some shit like that. I personally have GTX from a server with 5x a few times due to the bar and the boat map arriving on the server.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Mustikki

• Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
« Reply #278 on: April 29, 2012, 01:02:08 am »
Damn right I'm serious, just because you made a map which only works properly on the melee only server and you're so fucking proud of it's "perfection" doesn't mean atleast one person spawning at standard time per map change has to get spawncouched, and several others spawn-shoot, your map is fucking shit with ranged and cavalry involved, it even sucks on the melee only server due to your weapons getting stuck in random tables 'n' shit everywhere. It doesn't seem like a good idea to make 50% of the map inaccessible from horseback either... Mustikki I know you think all of your maps are perfect and should be enforced upon everyone playing cRPG (including this fucking barmap and that really retarded boat map) but I however think that is bullshit... you're also one of the worst map makers around... yet to see a map and think "Yay! This is that one awesome map Mustikki made!" or some shit like that. I personally have GTX from a server with 5x a few times due to the bar and the boat map arriving on the server.

Hahaha! You are so funny when you are serious! :mrgreen:

But i didn't get it, is the cavalry op or archers on the map?
Cos you are actually first person to give me any kind of feedback from the map.

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: April 29, 2012, 03:30:00 am »
Hahaha! You are so funny when you are serious! :mrgreen:

But i didn't get it, is the cavalry op or archers on the map?
Cos you are actually first person to give me any kind of feedback from the map.
Cavalry and archers aren't that insanely OP, problem is that spawnraping is certain for people who spawn at normal time (not talking downloaders or laters here) (both by cav and archers), and after this cavalry is pretty useless due to tables blocking maneuverability and inaccessible second floor, archers however are still able to shoot and run fine, and there is little to no cover from them during the match which at times is quite annoying, tables also will block your attacks in melee at times which is annoying... I personally simply don't think the map is suited for a bigger than the usual 0-20 people the melee only server gets, and certainly not having any of those people be cav or ranged, and one last thing, it'd seem much better IMO if you made the fog regular grey one instead of the orange one, not that there should be fog or rain indoors anyway, but this change is better than nothing.

Offline MR_FISTA

• Baron
  • Renown: 97
  • Infamy: 81
  • Prepare your angus
    • View Profile
  • Faction: SoW
  • Game nicks: SoW_MR_FISTA_the_Retribution
  • IRC nick: SoW_MR_FISTA
« Reply #280 on: April 30, 2012, 04:23:23 pm »
Remove all uphill maps cuz they are shit when your on attack, we need more maps like the desert one with the circle in the middle and the water and shit, that's a nice one.

Maybe keep the one with the little uphill bit with the big wooden doors, that ones ok

Offline MR_FISTA

• Baron
  • Renown: 97
  • Infamy: 81
  • Prepare your angus
    • View Profile
  • Faction: SoW
  • Game nicks: SoW_MR_FISTA_the_Retribution
  • IRC nick: SoW_MR_FISTA
« Reply #281 on: April 30, 2012, 04:29:56 pm »
Ok as a 100% siege player remove all steep uphill maps, simple, they are boring as hell to attack and piss everyone off

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 01, 2012, 07:08:44 am »
Remove all uphill maps cuz they are shit when your on attack, we need more maps like the desert one with the circle in the middle and the water and shit, that's a nice one.

Maybe keep the one with the little uphill bit with the big wooden doors, that ones ok

a-mother-fucking-men.  Any map that takes 10-15 seconds just to get to the front walls should be deleted..and the creator beat unconscious with his own keyboard

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: May 01, 2012, 07:10:12 am »
Ok as a 100% siege player remove all steep uphill maps, simple, they are boring as hell to attack and piss everyone off

not to mention they pretty much negate using cav on offense, as it takes you JUST as long or LONGER to get up the hill than infantry

Offline Deathwhisper

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • Mappers guild
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: May 01, 2012, 06:20:09 pm »
a-mother-fucking-men.  Any map that takes 10-15 seconds just to get to the front walls should be deleted..and the creator beat unconscious with his own keyboard

Actually most of these maps are native ones, which aren't even made for siege.

There are lots of very good maps (on GK server or 22nd siege for example), if they allowed us to use them it'd be great, although the timer should be increased since they're balanced around a 10 min timer at least.