Poll

Put weapons back before this patch screwed them

Change the weapons back to the way they were. Weapon speeds same, The right swing back to normal when everything was fine. Hitslash isn't an issue if you can block
88 (54.7%)
Keep it the same slow ass pathetic speed, So it lowers the amount of skill needed to play. Slower speed=Less skill? I think So
73 (45.3%)

Total Members Voted: 160

Author Topic: Patch That ruined skill in game/weapons  (Read 7471 times)

Offline BootyBuster

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Patch That ruined skill in game/weapons
« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2012, 08:26:55 pm »
+1
People that played native first or play both tend to be better. Its faster combat speed. faster reflexes therefor. When you come over to Crpg it's slow and easy compared to Native. Esp Native duels where many monsters hang out.

Better blockers better feinters better overall for the most part. And if More people played native first a lot more people would be voting yes to changing it back to fast and Not keeping it slow.

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2012, 08:28:54 pm »
+2
People that played native first or play both tend to be better. Its faster combat speed. faster reflexes therefor. When you come over to Crpg it's slow and easy compared to Native. Esp Native duels where many monsters hang out.

Better blockers better feinters better overall for the most part. And if More people played native first a lot more people would be voting yes to changing it back to fast and Not keeping it slow.

I've played both native and c-rpg and while there are some incredibly skilled people in native as well, the overall impression I get is that the average skill there is way lower.

When I go to a c-rpg battle server, almost anyone can block a few swings at least - that's not been the case in native. Maybe I've just been on the wrong servers but whatever.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline BootyBuster

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2012, 08:33:29 pm »
I've played both native and c-rpg and while there are some incredibly skilled people in native as well, the overall impression I get is that the average skill there is way lower.

When I go to a c-rpg battle server, almost anyone can block a few swings at least - that's not been the case in native. Maybe I've just been on the wrong servers but whatever.

Maybe because they attack slower and it's easier to block? Try the duel servors. Or fight ppl with names like clan names etc. What i say About the speed holds true and if most people start on native they'll get better and be better then just jumping into crpg. I played native for like 3 months plus then when i went to crpg ohh look day 1 i'm a monster. Its easy slower is easier can't argue this

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2012, 08:36:23 pm »
Maybe because they attack slower and it's easier to block? Try the duel servors. Or fight ppl with names like clan names etc. What i say About the speed holds true and if most people start on native they'll get better and be better then just jumping into crpg. I played native for like 3 months plus then when i went to crpg ohh look day 1 i'm a monster. Its easy slower is easier can't argue this

The only NA battle server people play on is the POM server, which has the melee speed set to "fastest".  c-rpg (and most other native servers) have the melee speed set to normal or medium. 

If you have the speed set to normal (which it is for c-rpg) it still allows people from europe or with 150 ping to block.  It's really hard for them to block, but it gives them a chance.  if speed is set to fastest like on the POM battle server, people with higher than 70 or 80 ping really have no chance versus good players who have 20 ping.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2012, 08:39:01 pm »
+2

22-1 on the Native duel servers and 3 clan invites. So quit that crap.

I'm a tried and true c-rpg player yes, but I'm really getting tired of this "Native iz da bestest hurr-durr" shit. Different mod - different game. While I can agree that something needs to be done to accommodate for the increase in player skill, looking at native seems like a very bad idea with it's fucked up archers/cav and pole/2h balance.

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1421
  • Infamy: 2701
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2012, 08:46:51 pm »
I noticed when I play on the EU servers with about 150 ping it's almost impossible to block (with a shield or manually), if the person is just pulling back their swing you better start blocking or you won't get it up in time.

I used to play on NA servers a bit with 155 average ping. It wasn't that bad, when I wasn't lagging of course (my ISP is crap).

It's not impossible to block, you have to anticipate opponents moves a bit but it's fair from unplayable. I was able to kill some of the best players you have there, some of them using warspears...

Most good blockers block way before the hit get's to them, only those lazy bastards with 10-15 ping have issues when suddenly average ping on server goes up by 30-40 ping.

What I want to say is that blocking with sub 40 ping (I had 35 ping for few days) is piss easy and players with low pings shouldn't consider themselves great blockers.

And I'm not supporter of idea that skill means twitch reflex. Every asian kid has that, skill should be based on fast and creative thinking, not "muscle" memory. Sadly, in most online games there is limited number of tricks and after some time almost everyone gets on the same level and things become boring as hell. When I first started "dancing" versus multiple opponents (before they implemented earlier active attacks) I was able to kill 4 or 5 decent fighters just because they weren't used to my style and didn't know what to do in such situations. Right now, I'm pretty sure those silly feints and switching opponents won't help me and that first guy in that group would kill me with no problem.

Tricks are running out and one of them has just been successfully neutralized (although I don't consider hiltslash to be "smart" trick). Most of us play as 2H because it was the most complex combat style in Warband. Making it simple will just steer away people from that class and most likely will make them stop playing the mod.

Some people don't play just to have good scores (cavalry), some of us don't like easy mode (ranged), some of us value manual block, that's why we play as 2H. Most high quality 2H players during the old c-rpg enjoyed the game even when we were worthless peasants and practiced a lot to become good. People who don't understand that will never become the true (2H) warriors.

Offline woody

• Earl
  • Renown: 407
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Woody, Weebo, Wreky
« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2012, 08:49:59 pm »
Playing native, especially IG trainings, the skill levels of the good IG guys are very high (Willy, Wezyk, Sophie, Cristo etc). Not sure these guys play CRPG more than very occasionally, IG decided against CRPG/Strategus participation other than as individuals.

I find ping is not the whole story re lag - sometimes at 4-6 GMT incredibly laggy even if supposedly a 55 ping (fps 0-5 at times). After about 9pm find far less lag even if ping supposedly the same. Maybe its just my provider?

Of course high ping will definitely lag.

Offline BootyBuster

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2012, 08:51:40 pm »
22-1 on the Native duel servers and 3 clan invites. So quit that crap.

I'm a tried and true c-rpg player yes, but I'm really getting tired of this "Native iz da bestest hurr-durr" shit. Different mod - different game. While I can agree that something needs to be done to accommodate for the increase in player skill, looking at native seems like a very bad idea with it's fucked up archers/cav and pole/2h balance.

It's a mod of the game M&B which is a lot slower thats about it. And your 22-1 doesn't mean anything 1 time when who know's who you fought, who was there etc etc... So you quit it. Native is A lot faster then slow ass crpg which is even slower now then it was. Meaning it's harder. Fact is that's the game to play for skill more then crpg. And if you went at a different time or multiple times like i do or others you'd find a lot of very good people there. You prolly were killing noobs. And usually the rules are no armor for native not the pansy crap on crpg.

Offline CaptainQuantum

• Knight
  • Renown: 44
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The 22nd Battalion
  • Game nicks: Quant, Quantum
« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2012, 09:00:52 pm »
I would say native has some skillful players, but the duel is very rarely filled with good players. The only guy I have actually had some fun with is RNGD_Tobi who is an old apprentice of Phyrex. Native is still more fun though.

Offline BootyBuster

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2012, 09:20:43 pm »
Back to the point.

No need for slowing the game down then it already is. Vote to change it back

Offline EyeBeat

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 175
  • 20th BEST PLAYER IN HOSPITALLER
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: EyeBeat_The_Wanderer
  • IRC nick: EyeBeat
« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2012, 09:43:06 pm »
In my experience Native is full of people that have superiority complexes.  When they come to CRPG and get facerolled they head back to Native.  IE: Rhade.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 09:45:49 pm by EyeBeatWomen »

Being a smallish community doesn't entitle you to act more like a dick than other communities.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2012, 09:55:12 pm »
ive been on native and native duels a lot (nditions) and i find them to be pretty much the same. you play a few rounds on native and get used to the speen then its pretty much the same. only thing that can catch you out is not expecting things (like baboo spear sideswing) One thing that concerns me with native duels is that some people seem to use macros. they feint more often and faster then looks humanly possible and do it exactly the same each time. might just be me tho :P  *edit there is a reason we play crpg :D we like it! if you dont go back to native*
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 09:56:48 pm by Osiris »
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline CaptainQuantum

• Knight
  • Renown: 44
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The 22nd Battalion
  • Game nicks: Quant, Quantum
« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2012, 10:21:08 pm »
ive been on native and native duels a lot (nditions) and i find them to be pretty much the same. you play a few rounds on native and get used to the speen then its pretty much the same. only thing that can catch you out is not expecting things (like baboo spear sideswing) One thing that concerns me with native duels is that some people seem to use macros. they feint more often and faster then looks humanly possible and do it exactly the same each time. might just be me tho :P  *edit there is a reason we play crpg :D we like it! if you dont go back to native*

A few people do use macro feints, Phyrex tells me Tobi uses macros which is quite obvious from his feints. I do play cRPG overall because it's a good mod and has very good overall class balance, but for melee there is no rival I have yet found to the fast and furious native duels.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2012, 10:23:58 pm »
i enjoy native duels but i find crpg ones far tougher. on crpg your slower and you do less damage so it takes more then just one slip up to kill someone :P that and crpg doesnt have uber lolstab but i find both enjoyable but i cant play native for hours i get bored (for chamber training i use nditions) (for battle training i use crpg because im heavier, people are harder to kill and i wont think im fast :D)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 10:33:05 pm by Osiris »
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • Renown: 281
  • Infamy: 107
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Konrax of Chaos
« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2012, 10:30:01 pm »
+1
Maybe since they slowed "things" down a bit, we can address the wpf curve and make WM a more valuable asset?