Poll

Put weapons back before this patch screwed them

Change the weapons back to the way they were. Weapon speeds same, The right swing back to normal when everything was fine. Hitslash isn't an issue if you can block
88 (54.7%)
Keep it the same slow ass pathetic speed, So it lowers the amount of skill needed to play. Slower speed=Less skill? I think So
73 (45.3%)

Total Members Voted: 160

Author Topic: Patch That ruined skill in game/weapons  (Read 7153 times)

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
Re: Patch That ruined skill in game/weapons
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2012, 05:40:49 am »
+9
If you can't land a hit on someone without your precious hiltslash or without abusing your weapon's range, seriously, L2P.

There's no player that won't drop for a good combination of feints and holds. Even Jaako. Even those IG perfect blocker freaks.
Without abusing your weapons range... err, like, using a longer weapon for precisely that reason? Or is length just for decoration now?

Feints? Yes, great, slow swings are going to make feinting somehow magically better? And somehow this is going to affect those perfect  blockers you refer to? Really? REALLY? Slowing my crappy swings is going to make it harder for Saul to block them? REALLY!

Fancy footwork now means you can dance out of trouble then pose while you die - but these people need to L2P - you really mean,they need to learn to stand like every other mother fucker and wait for the hit sound, then attack.

Since the whole 'hilt slash' term is used and misused, certainly means different things to everybody and the speed change does absofuckinglutely nothing to stop the root of the problem which is likely to be so hard coded it will never go away, just like funky pointy sticks and stabs that sweep through 90 degrees.

It is more deterimental then the earlier collision nonsense, considering you can put an overhead through an opponent only to not register due to silly collision detection with any slope over 1 degree, but certainly solved the problem of assholes attacking through walls, ya good job, 'fix' one thing and fuck up ten others. And it is YOU the fuckwads who go 'ya this is great! good job devs let me fondle you!' while the mod gets stuck with some shite, and I am the asshole for pointing out the unintended but inevitable consequences.

Now out for revenge we got people bitching about 1handers left swing, which I find fucking irritating but so what, oh wait, some of you fucktards wont be happy until all weapons may as well be 1 wpf, whiffle bat damage and have a great big fucking hugfest duel that takes 3 minutes until one combatant realises he should probably go take a shit.

Naturally given enough time there will be obvious other classes to nerf, if they have any sharp edges left, such as putting suction cups on arrows and bolts, making thrown weapons only sheep's bladders, and reducing horse speed to that of a particularily uncoordinated toddler. Horse bumps should be reduced to feather touches, not for realism, but balance, as there is already enough mindless sacs on top of the saddles we need to make them at least pretend to go through the motions of making an attack.

Then we'll realise we are playing "My Little Pony & Bat (rubberized)" the preschool version.

Go boil yer head.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline Renten

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2012, 07:10:32 am »
im still amazed at how slow crpg is yet how you can castor... native is much faster and you cant castor there, still trying to figure how thats possible :? :?:s

Earlier active attacks is probably the reason for it.

Offline Zerran

• Count
  • Renown: 276
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Caita_KUTT, Fellys_KUTT
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2012, 07:33:06 am »
(click to show/hide)

This post made my day. +1

I really don't get what all the complaining about good maneuvering and double swinging is about. Sure, polestagger gets annoying if they can hit so fast it's not physically possible to block between hits, but other than that i see no problems. It's like people want to just get rid of agi in the first place and have everyone just stand still while fighting.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2012, 08:43:11 am »
+2
Buff 2handers, else me and phyrex is going polearm with 9 ath. :evil: :evil: :evil: (This is a threat)

nobody cares whatchu do phase
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2012, 08:46:56 am »
+3
If you can't land a hit on someone without your precious hiltslash or without abusing your weapon's range, seriously, L2P.

There's no player that won't drop for a good combination of feints and holds. Even Jaako. Even those IG perfect blocker freaks.

Wrong on so many levels

Offline BootyBuster

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2012, 08:53:19 am »
+1
I can't believe so many bad players are saying keep it like this. This is sad... there should be a skill meter before they can post

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2012, 09:11:33 am »
I can't believe so many bad players are saying keep it like this. This is sad... there should be a skill meter before they can post

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline obitus

• Earl
  • Renown: 486
  • Infamy: 58
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeAOv_H-hh0&hd=1
  • Faction: kings of kd
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2012, 09:16:43 am »
most people probably have shitloads of input lag on their LCD monitors to boot.

anyway this is probably a good change since it keeps players who use autoblock hacks (like DRiainRex pictured below) from being too godlike

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2012, 09:18:53 am »
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Zerran

• Count
  • Renown: 276
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Caita_KUTT, Fellys_KUTT
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2012, 10:25:03 am »
(click to show/hide)

I hope you realize that calling a shield an "autoblock hack" is a fairly common joke...

Offline Zaren

• Count
  • Renown: 162
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Zaren_Astralis
  • IRC nick: Zaren
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2012, 10:26:43 am »
Well until right swing is fixed I'm going archer.... hilt slash is what a 2h does its like a 1hs left swing.... its perfectly fair and ok and its stupid to remove it

Offline Inkompetent

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Inkompetent, Ildov_Morekov, Fairhair_Sigurdr, MySushi_Inkomoto
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2012, 11:17:15 am »
Voting to keep new system, because of rage-poll.

Offline CaptainQuantum

• Knight
  • Renown: 44
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The 22nd Battalion
  • Game nicks: Quant, Quantum
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2012, 11:29:54 am »

Try duelling Urist, then come back and say that.

I actually had no problems with the hiltslash itself, it just needed to be made harder, since I was noticing some "good" duelists were only using the hiltslash in their duels. Hiltslashing is still possible, me and Phyrex were testing it yesterday on the duel server, but you now need to use actual footwork to do it. This is a good change because hiltslashing in it's prepatch form was far too easy for anyone to perform. Now you can't just backpedal and sideswing like a nub, you actually need to come at the enemy and sidestep. This gives the other duellist a chance to anticipate you and get their swing in first.

Off topic: I do believe melee is too slow now, but giving cheap easy to perform moves is not the way to make it harder. I do struggle to get past some peoples blocks now, but that's why I learned kickslashing. Many still fail to the floor feints, but I do think melee speeds could do with a slight increase across the board. The problem with this is that higher ping players will get screwed over, and chadz doesn't want this mod to become inaccessible  to those people, which I see the logic in doing so.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2012, 11:44:51 am »
Do higher ping players get screwed over in Native?

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2012, 11:46:29 am »
+1
Do higher ping players get screwed over in Native?

Compared to cRPG?

Yes. Absolutely.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!