Poll

Put weapons back before this patch screwed them

Change the weapons back to the way they were. Weapon speeds same, The right swing back to normal when everything was fine. Hitslash isn't an issue if you can block
88 (54.7%)
Keep it the same slow ass pathetic speed, So it lowers the amount of skill needed to play. Slower speed=Less skill? I think So
73 (45.3%)

Total Members Voted: 160

Author Topic: Patch That ruined skill in game/weapons  (Read 7154 times)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Patch That ruined skill in game/weapons
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2012, 12:31:26 pm »
Do higher ping players get screwed over in Native?

They do more than in cRPG.

Offline EyeBeat

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 175
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 20th BEST PLAYER IN HOSPITALLER
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: EyeBeat_The_Wanderer
  • IRC nick: EyeBeat
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2012, 12:57:17 pm »
Without abusing your weapons range... err, like, using a longer weapon for precisely that reason? Or is length just for decoration now?

Feints? Yes, great, slow swings are going to make feinting somehow magically better? And somehow this is going to affect those perfect  blockers you refer to? Really? REALLY? Slowing my crappy swings is going to make it harder for Saul to block them? REALLY!

Fancy footwork now means you can dance out of trouble then pose while you die - but these people need to L2P - you really mean,they need to learn to stand like every other mother fucker and wait for the hit sound, then attack.

Since the whole 'hilt slash' term is used and misused, certainly means different things to everybody and the speed change does absofuckinglutely nothing to stop the root of the problem which is likely to be so hard coded it will never go away, just like funky pointy sticks and stabs that sweep through 90 degrees.

It is more deterimental then the earlier collision nonsense, considering you can put an overhead through an opponent only to not register due to silly collision detection with any slope over 1 degree, but certainly solved the problem of assholes attacking through walls, ya good job, 'fix' one thing and fuck up ten others. And it is YOU the fuckwads who go 'ya this is great! good job devs let me fondle you!' while the mod gets stuck with some shite, and I am the asshole for pointing out the unintended but inevitable consequences.

Now out for revenge we got people bitching about 1handers left swing, which I find fucking irritating but so what, oh wait, some of you fucktards wont be happy until all weapons may as well be 1 wpf, whiffle bat damage and have a great big fucking hugfest duel that takes 3 minutes until one combatant realises he should probably go take a shit.

Naturally given enough time there will be obvious other classes to nerf, if they have any sharp edges left, such as putting suction cups on arrows and bolts, making thrown weapons only sheep's bladders, and reducing horse speed to that of a particularily uncoordinated toddler. Horse bumps should be reduced to feather touches, not for realism, but balance, as there is already enough mindless sacs on top of the saddles we need to make them at least pretend to go through the motions of making an attack.

Then we'll realise we are playing "My Little Pony & Bat (rubberized)" the preschool version.

Go boil yer head.

Conform or stop playing.  Congratz 2h has a slow right hand swing just like 1h.  Deal with it.  Your tears are funny though.  Doesn't bother me much since you were never much of a threat when hiltslashing was still in.

BTW the 1h left swing covers less ground than the right but it is faster and hits the head.  That is the trade off.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Being a smallish community doesn't entitle you to act more like a dick than other communities.

Offline Candiru

• Knight
  • Renown: 54
  • Infamy: 26
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: 22nd_War_Candiru
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2012, 01:33:07 pm »
Speed does make the game a hell of a lot more interesting. Been playing on native aswell xP
Human being to the mob..
What’s a mob to a king? What’s a king to a god?
What’s a god to a non-believer? Who don’t believe in anything?

Offline Candiru

• Knight
  • Renown: 54
  • Infamy: 26
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: 22nd_War_Candiru
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2012, 01:34:43 pm »
Try duelling Urist, then come back and say that.

I second that.
Human being to the mob..
What’s a mob to a king? What’s a king to a god?
What’s a god to a non-believer? Who don’t believe in anything?

Offline CaptainQuantum

• Knight
  • Renown: 44
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The 22nd Battalion
  • Game nicks: Quant, Quantum
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2012, 01:35:46 pm »
In all honesty I go back to native most of the time I want to just play duel, the melee combat is much more interesting. The factors for preferring native is that it is rare you mean someone who only backpedals (backpedalling needs a major fix for cRPG), the weapons are faster, and people use different duel tactics due to the speed difference.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 790
  • Infamy: 2947
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2012, 03:45:17 pm »
Wrong on so many levels

Actually it's very possible but takes time, so much precious time...

After all hiltslash was shortcut move, so you can fight other people on your quest for glory which is killing 10 and more enemies in one round :mrgreen:

Offline woody

• Earl
  • Renown: 407
  • Infamy: 138
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Woody, Weebo, Wreky
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2012, 03:54:49 pm »
+1
Am I missing something or is this an anti spam and attempt to even out connections measure?

Does it increase overall skill if someone is unable to spam the crap out of someone with a slow/slowish connection? I found versus real speed merchants who swing properly 1H scim and 2h miaodao sometimes you dont even see whats hit you until after it has, no matter how good you think you are you cant block that.

The only skill difference is reaction speed (other than hiltslash, maybe two issues should be seperated?), which is not skill as such and is pretty dependent on your connection.  On highest speed/skill setting versus bots on my own computer I can block nearly all the time and I imagine most average players like me can too. If we were all via lan then fastest speed possible would be great but we're not.

I thought most people derided spam and feint spam and is it really skill to feint blitz someone who cant react/has artificially reduced reaction time due to connection?

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2012, 04:06:52 pm »
+5
Actually it's very possible but takes time, so much precious time...

After all hiltslash was shortcut move, so you can fight other people on your quest for glory which is killing 10 and more enemies in one round :mrgreen:

The only way a good player fails to any kind of feint or hold is because he got fucking bored with the duel and starts spamming and attacking recklessly.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2012, 05:17:57 pm »
I don't mind most changes the dev's have made, I just wish they would stop nerfing and buffing shit.  Answer me this, is there anything that overpowered in the game, that there is no natural counter to it?  Is there any class or "niche" that is that pointless it needs a massive buff?

I didn't think so either...so leave well enough alone :P
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2012, 05:31:35 pm »
Conform or stop playing.  Congratz 2h has a slow right hand swing just like 1h.  Deal with it.  Your tears are funny though.  Doesn't bother me much since you were never much of a threat when hiltslashing was still in.

BTW the 1h left swing covers less ground than the right but it is faster and hits the head.  That is the trade off.
You can blow it out yer ass, I have lots of fond memories of slicing through your head with my dumb ass slow weapon. And there is no point getting the great axe out for such a ninny as yourself.

BTW I know thanks for sharing, but a trade off? hardly. Should have lobbied for a faster 1 hand right sewing not nerf every fucking thing else, but keep telling yerself yer a smart guy there smart guy. Oh and stay behind that Huscarl shield of yours.

Without a shield 1 hand block left or right looks fucking stupid leaning to the side, but rather then fix that turd let's make every other melee lean to the side too.

Also, your name is offensive, you are one of those misogynist I keep hearing about yet you get away with it. I guess that's maturity for ya. If I haven't mentioned it before, fuck you ya goof!

I do not have to fucking deal with it. I'll play one hander, thrower or cavalry. Which means I will get bored sooner rather then later and find something else to play.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2012, 05:46:01 pm »
The only skill difference is reaction speed (other than hiltslash, maybe two issues should be seperated?), which is not skill as such and is pretty dependent on your connection.  On highest speed/skill setting versus bots on my own computer I can block nearly all the time and I imagine most average players like me can too. If we were all via lan then fastest speed possible would be great but we're not.
Footwork and proper positioning will give you extra time to react and block and without a doubt, that is skill. Up until about 120 ping (personal opinion on this number) you can do perfectly fine with a long weapon if you aren't face-hugging. The biggest issue with ping, isn't really getting your block up in time, it's positioning for a target that you cannot see, which is much easier done when you're 4+ feet from your opponent.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Ohayashi

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Red Lotus
  • Game nicks: RL_Umamawari_Fuchs
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2012, 06:20:17 pm »
Also, your name is offensive, you are one of those misogynist I keep hearing about yet you get away with it.

"Gets away with it"?

There's nothing illegal about chauvinism. You have the right to be offended and he has the right to offend you. Just sayin'.
If it kills me, it's OP.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2012, 06:28:37 pm »
Footwork and proper positioning will give you extra time to react and block and without a doubt, that is skill. Up until about 120 ping (personal opinion on this number) you can do perfectly fine with a long weapon if you aren't face-hugging. The biggest issue with ping, isn't really getting your block up in time, it's positioning for a target that you cannot see, which is much easier done when you're 4+ feet from your opponent.

I noticed when I play on the EU servers with about 150 ping it's almost impossible to block (with a shield or manually), if the person is just pulling back their swing you better start blocking or you won't get it up in time.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline BootyBuster

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2012, 08:00:06 pm »
I'm starting to think that MANY people that play CRPG needed to play native first. The lack of skill in this MOD for the game Mount and Blade is ridiculous. This is a Mod to M&B play it first and get good.

Offline Remy

• Knight
  • Renown: 68
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remy_the_Fox
  • IRC nick: Remy
« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2012, 08:22:59 pm »
Mayhaps it is just me, but I find the average Warband player as good or as bad as the average cRPG player.

Naturally, both the game and this mod have some distinct differences but in general I find the transition to be quite negligible.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 08:24:04 pm by Remy »

Fox, Horse Archer, Tker of Chagan.