Poll

Why don't you enjoy playing on EU 1 ?

Lots of ranged makes the game unplayable ...
Lots of cav charging from everywhere makes the game unplayable...
Lots of melee attacking from everywhere makes the game unplayable (Explain how please)
I think EU_1 is fine . I like how it is.
Main problem is ladders to roofs , the amount of ranged is fine.
I don't know about gameplay but with this upkeep , i can't play...

Author Topic: [POLL] About EU_1 Battle.Why its no fun anymore ? Or is it fun ?  (Read 21914 times)

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
Re: [POLL] About EU_1 Battle.Why its no fun anymore ? Or is it fun ?
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2011, 10:15:17 am »
...and again it ends up as an archery discussion......as much as i hate to repeat myself but:
(click to show/hide)

That said - there's not much need for anymore hype about this matter, since:
(click to show/hide)

Stop crying about it and either play & suffer in silence or just don't play at all.  :wink:
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2011, 10:34:00 am »
If siege server didn't have auto balance every turn and floor making you move as slow as a turtle I would play that 100% of the times.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2011, 10:43:00 am »
+1
what makes you think archers can't be viable melee, the only drawback is the low armor, especially head armor.  you can do 21/15 with horn bow and the OP 1 slot mace or any 1hand sword with 7 PS and 5 IF and still have max WM and PD.  if anything they need more carrying weight on bows and arrows to slow down kiting.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 10:44:09 am by Smoothrich »
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Lech

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2011, 10:52:21 am »
I was always wondering why there was so much whine about archery and so few about crossbows. The answer probalby is that we prohibited archers from entering melee while crossbower mostly retained this ability. So what's left to archers is turn and run or roofhugging. There are probably a lot more "fuck melee" archer builds because of that than crossbow builds without melee ability.
Archers shoot more projectiles. And crossbow don't run away as much as archers. But damage-wise xbow deal way too much damage, it 1 hit me with solid 54h 53b 44l.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2011, 10:54:29 am »
I'd be all for giving archers more melee power and less ranged power.

This. And remove ladders.

Offline Lech

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2011, 10:58:06 am »
+2
Just nerf the ranged-only builds by increasing weight on bow and quivers, they'll change their build to cope in melee or will die to melee. WIN-WIN situation.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2011, 11:14:52 am »
I was always wondering why there was so much whine about archery and so few about crossbows. The answer probalby is that we prohibited archers from entering melee while crossbower mostly retained this ability. So what's left to archers is turn and run or roofhugging. There are probably a lot more "fuck melee" archer builds because of that than crossbow builds without melee ability.

Agreed, kinda. But there's also the fact that crossbows shoot a lot slower. You can plausibly dodge the bolt and then close in on the crossbow(ers), it's not a constant rain of death. But yeah, since they have the ability to melee, a good amount of crossbowmen choose to stay and fight when they miss (or hit but don't kill) instead of running away for 5 minutes.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline bonekuukkeli

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Xawi_von_Perkele
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2011, 11:19:44 am »
Make shields better against ranged / improve weaker shields so more players will start using them. After that ranged isn't problem. This game is infested with craploads of 2h players that think they can beat everyone by just running around madly.

I have been playing archer/xbow mostly and I know that some of those tincans can take 5+ hits from my +3 horn bow and loomed arrows and still they keep running at me. Medium armoured guys can still take like 4 before they fall. And I'm using bodkin arrows.

So people... start wearing armour or take that shield, it makes your life easier.

And to reduce some whine: I'm currently playing 2h with light armour and I feel your pain, but it's matter of choise, I can carry shield as well to make it much easier.

Ladders are ok... every 2h infrantry out there can carry their own if they wish so. If something, make them last bit longer so archers can't destroy them so quickly.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 11:22:27 am by bonekuukkeli »

Offline Tor!

• He's Tor!
  • Marshall
  • Renown: 739
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Tor
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2011, 11:26:19 am »
+1
I know that some of those tincans can take 5+ hits from my +3 horn bow and loomed arrows

Nice edit from 4-5. I guess it sounded better for your dear archer than 4, huh? I die at average from 3 arrows from a +3 horn bow with +3 arrows, and 2 arrows from rus / longbows. Thats with 62 body armor. 62 armor is quite alot, and it still doesnt protect me for shit.
[00:53] <xant> i used to play on eu_1
[00:53] <xant> then i took an arrow to the knee

Offline bonekuukkeli

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Xawi_von_Perkele
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2011, 11:31:24 am »
Yes it's 5 for pure tincans when most of those with kuyaks can take 4 before falling down if even then. My archer have been with 5 PD, maybe there is some problem that should be tweaked (if most others are playing with heavy str ones and still firing accurately).
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 11:32:41 am by bonekuukkeli »

Offline Lanic0r

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 66
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2011, 11:32:03 am »
This. And remove ladders.
i agree with removing ladders, but this is already being discussed in another thread.
I noticed that many archers have 1h, so they are acting melee like.
What we need is inertia.
Currently the speed is calculated by weight. But evrybody can imagine than even a light shield, bow longsword....cant be moved fast with increasing distance of the center of rotation.
This would affect to all long weapons even longbows.
Weapons like longbows cant be sheathed ?=> you will run much slower with longbow in hand.
This would influence shields to imo. Runing with a big shield is logicaly impossible with the exception you sheath it.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2011, 11:32:52 am »
Nice edit from 4-5. I guess it sounded better for your dear archer than 4, huh? I die at average from 3 arrows from a +3 horn bow with +3 arrows, and 2 arrows from rus / longbows. Thats with 62 body armor. 62 armor is quite alot, and it still doesnt protect me for shit.

4 arrows sound more likely to me, given the math. Unless you always face 8 or 9 PD archers.

How many arrows would be a fair amount to take against a double triple loom end level archer?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 11:36:48 am by Paul »

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2011, 11:33:53 am »
+1
When they gave back pierce dmg to bows i knew it was just a matter of time before everyone who cant be arsed to try and learn manuel block or play melee would be archer´s.... i used to play cRPG atlesat 20 hours a week now i play 3 or maybe 4 hours a week an really only log on to fix my strat toon or lvl a bit or trade on the market an thats it...

Risk vs Reward its like playing on a battlefield server without class restriction evry1 plays sniper because of the low risk vs high reward

Shit gets boring when you spend half the time trying to catch fairy´s when playing battle......
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 11:36:23 am by Tzar »
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2011, 11:41:55 am »
4 arrows sound more likely to me, given the math. Unless you always face 8 or 9 PD archers.

How many arrows would be a fair amount to take against a double triple loom end level archer?

Are you counting the speed bonus too? A lot of time melee is running towards the archers, not away.

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2011, 11:50:41 am »
+3

The day you implemented slots, was the day my hybrid wept, but even after that I still play Hybrid and I get pissed of by running bundle of stickss who even laugh at everyone else by ignoring the usage of 0 slot weapons. And those are the cancer killing the mod.

But then again,

FACTS:

> Crossbowers 1 shot people (average), can use decent armor, can use decent weapons, and have 6+ EXTRA skill points to waste either in PS, ATH, IF, and by level 12 they can 1 shoot people since the arbalest requirement is only 15 str, there is NO crossbow skill dependency.

> Archers 4 shoot people (average), have to use the shitiest armor to avoid absurd wpf reduction, can't use decent weapons (shitty 0 slot weapons that standing against a wall won't hit the wall, so awesome the length is) or in order to use, they have 1 quiver, and have to waste at least 6 (!!) skill points in the PD archer damage skill to actually hurt anything (with loomed gear, cause unloomed 6 is just masochism).

Glorious Conclusion:

Of course fucking archers are gonna hide and run like bundle of stickss with all these odds compared, the hell man, this is a simple 1+1 math problem, any handicapped person can realize why. The removal of the retarded jump shoot without any sort of "give and take" action only led to more roof-camping, and high athletic pricks running every-time and shooting you down like dogs to the point of making you alt+f4 and forum rage-post.

Also there is the fact that players tend to rush into archers, but when they see a crossbower, they run the opposite direction, let me remind you the existence of a little thing called SPEED BONUS, which is present in the Basics of the Basics about this game.

Then the more elitist and gifted of an higher IQ value come all poker-faced and stuff sayin' "But archers have high rate of fire, q__Q_Q_Q_q-_QQ_Q (ad infinitum)".
Guess what, get a fucking shield, it's not hard to waste 1 or 2 points in shield skill, arrows don't penetrate shields, bolts do.

Or simply adjust your play style.
There were no fucking Boromirs in medieval battles, no one is dumb enough to go rushing into heavy projectile fire, and believe me, the projectile presence was extremely heavy.

Ever wondered why chase, cooties etc did well on battle servers under these conditions? Cause they know were to be, when to be, and to use a friggin' shield when necessary.

Seriously guys, deal with it, or this ain't your game, get some Jedi Academy or KOTOR wtv and play impossible sword fights.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 11:52:22 am by karasu »