Author Topic: can we all admit the new (last balance patch) archer paradigm is fucking terribl  (Read 8598 times)

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
+4
It's what I always said.

Prime reasons for always having the nerf archers button ready is not balance, but amount of Archers. If it increases above a threshold it destroys the gameplay.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Chasey

• Tournament Champion
  • Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Chase
+1
It's what I always said.

Prime reasons for always having the nerf archers button ready is not balance, but amount of Archers. If it increases above a threshold it destroys the gameplay.

^
This, its not that archery is seriously OP its the amount of archers there  is that is making them such a problem
I like to fart on cold windows and lick the condensation :D

Offline a_bear_irl

• Duke
  • Renown: 540
  • Infamy: 252
    • View Profile
well, i'd say archery being broken like it is currently is the root cause of the number of archers. people get 3shot in plate -> get mad -> say "i'm gonna do an archer gen" -> repeat
FREE ALLERS

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
+1
the problem is the number of archer, because it's easy mod.

These things have been said ages ago and no one cared back then so why should they care now when they finally got what they wanted - best medieval fantasy shooter out there ? So many newer games with awesome graphics and all of the other improvements still can't beat this.......
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Elmokki

• Count
  • Renown: 192
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: United democratic national whatever
  • Game nicks: elmokki_Krokotiili
  • IRC nick: Elmokki
Having to go to a 15-24 build or something with even more agility AND having a shield to be able to catch an archer is ridiculous. It's a VERY specialized build, especially if it's not steel pick + shielder.

To effectively counter archers you need to have a ridiculously specialized build. There is no other role in the game with the same issue. Horse archers and horse crossbows might be close, but they are far more niche builds in performance too and ranged can shoot down non-armored horses and fast cavalry can lance down slow armored horses fairly easily.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 12:27:13 am by Elmokki »

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
    • View Profile
(2)  Update ranged armor penetration values to current melee armor soak/resist values

And nerf armour looms!

Offline Siboire

• Knight
  • Renown: 43
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
  • Sergentariá D'armas
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Occitan_FullMetalJacket
Devs will wake up only when 99,99% of servers will be noobs pewpewing and melee (real) fighters will have left cRPG. The mod is dying fast: strat is shit, battle server are heavy cavs (no upkeep exploit)/longspear/archer fests, and siege server have shitty (most of the times) unbalanced maps.

GG

-off playing skyrim and BF3 for a while...

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 09:29:15 am by Siboire »

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
To effectively counter archers you need to have a ridiculously specialized build. There is no other role in the game with the same issue. Horse archers and horse crossbows might be close, but they are far more niche builds in performance too and ranged can shoot down non-armored horses and fast cavalry can lance down slow armored horses fairly easily.

I catch them just fine with 18/21.Just dont wear heavy armor
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline Gnjus

• King
    • View Profile
I catch them just fine with 18/21.Just dont wear heavy armor

If you weren't a former Bandit I'd give you an epic gnjuspalm right now.....one that might even offend you.  :wink:
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
:(

I was just saying, if you WANT to catch Archers, which are mostly light armored with at least 6 athletics, you need to either put on very light armor or do a 15/24 build.Or rely on me to take out those friendly archers :D

Although I think shooting while moving should slow archers down EXTREMELY, like walking up the steepest hill ever.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 02:00:59 pm by B3RS3RK »
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.

Offline MaHuD

• Knight
  • Renown: 32
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: MaHuD, Darth_InVader, Hired_Blade, Hinzerhaus
  • IRC nick: MaHuD
Kill looms and archery is fine.

Offline Gnjus

• King
    • View Profile
+3
Kill looms and archery is fine.

I'd rather they kill all the archers IRL, then archery will be 100% fine.  :wink:

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
At least kill 75% so we can have balanced teams.Not too many archers in each one :D

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
Archers look good because there should be alot more shielders so people dont get butchered by arrows.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Do evil to others before they do evil to you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Kenkyaku
  • IRC nick: Torp
+2
The biggest problem is your 'D' - archery ruins the fun in many cases.
Of course archers shoukld help and interrupt fights, support melee and stuff, but it's simply too much. Especially because the archers often survive so in the final phase of a pretty even battle, one team just gets shot over and over again with noting to do about it, which is in no way fun.